Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 10:59 PM   #466  

(((GINA))) Sending prayers to you and your dad. Have a safe trip, my thoughts are with you.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:43 AM   #467  
Carrie

S/C/G: 194/163/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dla View Post
I have never registered on the ketone strips. They tell me at the center it is because of some of the medications that I take. I bought some though and I keep hoping! I don't know if it means that I truly never go into ketosis, because I have lost mostly fat in the time I've been on the program.

I will be the first person who has ever spoken at the Omaha center. They just opened in February or something like that. I guess that means I will set the precedent.

Omaha Center - 5:30. I still have a LONG way to go on this program so I kind of wonder what people will think. I'm kind of a wing it kind of girl so I'll probably be thinking about it around 5:00 on Wednesday!

Maybe I will have to steal someone else's story!
Steal someone else's story?...You're kidding aren't you? Go back and look at all of your threads since your beginning!!! Really, dla...how about staying OP and having SHINGLES!!! How about how focused and positive you've been? You've been incredible!! And look at the weight you've lost!! Share after you've shared...okay!!! Can't wait to hear!!!
Old 10-21-2008, 01:52 AM   #468  
Carrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfatnomore View Post
Okay ladies (& a few gentlemen)...I went on my girls weekend & as I figured, I went off plan. I am definitely not the poster child for "how to eat well on a vacation".

However, I wanted to share the absolutely positive experience I had at my center. I was terrified to go WI as I've heard horror stories from some of you. When I went to WI, who called my name? Our center manager! YIKES! I thought I was in for it. I had written absolutely everything down in my journal (I keep a journal instead of doing their food sheet - that way I can look back on my progress, monitor TOM, see what I ate when I had a big loss/small loss, etc). Here is a sample from my journal: Breakfast: Meal Replacement Bar, Lunch: Grilled Chicken Salad, Dinner: Chips, Salsa, Guacamole, Cheese Dip, 1 margarita, 1 bellini, Shrimp & Scallops, Dessert in a chocolate box & I lost count of the number of margaritas I consumed after dinner! Needless to say, I had a few good meals but also had way too much to drink & made some poor choices. The rest of the entries for the weekend are similar. The manager had a smile on her face & chuckled reading a few of the entries. She asked me, "If you weren't following our plan, would you have made different choices." My response was, "Definitely. I would have had the croissant for lunch & the breakfast casserole." She said, "Then you're making better choices, aren't you?" How cool is that?!

She said the key was getting back on plan, which I did right away. I also drank a ton of water. I actually saw a loss of 3 lbs at WI. I know the scale may show a gain this week as everyone's body responds differently, but I'm still optimistic for a loss as I truly hopped right back on plan.

Anyway, I just wanted to share this & hopefully provide you with some comic relief today to start your week.
Thanks for this bfatnomore!!! I am so living vicariously through you!!! ...and your center!!!
Old 10-21-2008, 02:00 AM   #469  
Carrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
Just got word that my dad had open heart surgery this morning and they can't get the bleeding to stop - so he's still open & on bypass. We're throwing everything into the car & heading to Arkansas. Prayer requests please. I didn't even know he was in the hospital. I just hope he hangs on until we get there - it's a 10 hour drive. But if he doesn't, I know it will be ok.
Oh Gina, My heart goes out to you!...and prayers too, of course!!! Nothing like our special dads!!! xoxoxo
Old 10-21-2008, 08:46 AM   #470  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Gina..
Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:49 AM   #471  
Cari

S/C/G: 304 / ticker / 180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Just got word that my dad had open heart surgery this morning and they can't get the bleeding to stop - so he's still open & on bypass. We're throwing everything into the car & heading to Arkansas. Prayer requests please. I didn't even know he was in the hospital. I just hope he hangs on until we get there - it's a 10 hour drive. But if he doesn't, I know it will be ok.
Gina - I'll be praying for you dad and your family!
Old 10-21-2008, 09:34 AM   #472  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 145/ticker/130

Height: 5"5

Gina, you, your dad and family or in my prayers..

Update on Alex. Dr called and wants more blood work done today, so still no news..

Going to WI today wish me luck

Yall have a good day
Old 10-21-2008, 09:40 AM   #473  

S/C/G: 294/271/165

Height: 5"7

Gina and Jstuckley- praying for both of you!
Old 10-21-2008, 09:51 AM   #474  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Oh my gosh Gina.... sending prayers and good energy.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:54 AM   #475  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTUCKLY View Post
Gina, you, your dad and family or in my prayers..

Update on Alex. Dr called and wants more blood work done today, so still no news..

Going to WI today wish me luck

Yall have a good day
Has he at least given you a direction that they are heading or an idea of what they are looking for? I'm so sorry that you have to go through this.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:37 AM   #476  

S/C/G: 234/seetracker/170

Height: 5'7

Quote:

Sending you and your family lots of positive thoughts and prayers.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:43 AM   #477  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Gina, you and your family are certainly in my thoughts & prayers. Travel safe and check in when you can.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:09 AM   #478  
One Meal At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
Has he at least given you a direction that they are heading or an idea of what they are looking for? I'm so sorry that you have to go through this.
No not yet, But something is going to have to give. This poor babe is to tired all the time her legs and feet cramp up... It is just crazy
Old 10-21-2008, 11:16 AM   #479  
One Meal At A Time

Went to WI and I am down .5 yes I said down!!!!! maybe I am not stuck anymore???? I have been nothing but OP so I guess you can say I am back on the wangon.....

Thank yall again for thinking of my babe girl...
Old 10-21-2008, 11:18 AM   #480  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTUCKLY View Post
Went to WI and I am down .5 yes I said down!!!!! maybe I am not stuck anymore???? I have been nothing but OP so I guess you can say I am back on the wangon.....

Thank yall again for thinking of my babe girl...

Congratulations!!!! Maybe you should chase that devil goat around some more!
Closed Thread