Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 11:48 AM   #256  

S/C/G: 294/271/165

Height: 5"7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristih6 View Post
Have never had it, but it sure does sound good. Do you have the exact recipe? I would like to make and have all the items to make it in the house.
Kristi, the recipe I have is
2eggs
1 pk Vanilla Creme Pudding HSN
1/2 cup blueberries.
Mix egg and pudding until smooth, and the add blueberries. Bake at 350 until they look muffiny. Eat for lunch with veggies.
That should be 4oz. protien, 1 creamy, and 1 fruit.
They sound good, but who knows! Let me know if you make them!
Old 06-12-2008, 01:11 PM   #257  

Diana ... I think I got my Walden Farms at King Soopers, and I've gotten it at Albertson's before too.

Good luck with the Quincenera ... I KNOW there will be awesome food there, it will be a challenge ... just remember how long it took you to break through your plateau and how much you don't want to undo all that hard work! Try to focus on seeing everyone and enjoying the celebration!
Old 06-12-2008, 01:14 PM   #258  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 206/187.5/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Last night was crazy in Iowa/Nebraska with severe weather. We all camped in the basement, which my kids thought was super neat. Unfortunately a tornado touched down in Little Sioux, IA which demolished a boy scout camp and killed 4 boys. My heart truly goes out to those families. Just thought I would share this in case you all had not heard. Hopefully we will have a peaceful night tonight.
I know wasn't that crazy last night. I'm in Lincoln and the tail end of the same storm blew through us. We live in an apartment with no basement, so hubby and I sat on the couch watching the news while at the same time looking outside at the craziness and just praying that a tornado didn't come our way. The sirens made me even more scared! I told my husband, if it comes we need to grab the comforter and hunker down in the bathtub! When they announced the deaths on the tv our jaws dropped, that's when we knew how terrible this storm really was. I'm so sad for those families
Old 06-12-2008, 01:37 PM   #259  

S/C/G: 344.5/tracker/144.5

Height: 5'4"

Okay...I had a slip up last night. Yes I was one of those in the basement for over three hours last night praying the tornadoes would not hit my home. Yes I am an emotional eater! Yes the ice cream cake was in the freezer in the basement. Yes I am an emotional eater. Yes I did not want to die without soothing myself! Sooooo.....I ate some ice cream cake! Yes I was mad at myself afterwards! And YES I am back on program today!

Whoooo....confession is good for the soul!

Speaking of the storms and the boy scouts. I knew one of my current students was at a boy scout camp this week so I called his home and he was not there at that camp...whew I was so relieved. Then on the news I heard the father of one of my former students speaking and his son was at the camp and was injured. Watching the news at 3:00am they interviewed him. It was so horrible to see how shaken he was, but I was so thankful he was safe. Those poor young men will have a lot to deal with, witnessing the deaths of their friends. Prayers to all who are involved!
Old 06-12-2008, 02:22 PM   #260  
Judy

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Last night was crazy in Iowa/Nebraska with severe weather. We all camped in the basement, which my kids thought was super neat. Unfortunately a tornado touched down in Little Sioux, IA which demolished a boy scout camp and killed 4 boys. My heart truly goes out to those families. Just thought I would share this in case you all had not heard. Hopefully we will have a peaceful night tonight.
I'm so glad you are OK. It was tragic to hear about the loss of lives. Hang in there...sounds like you could get rough weather again today. We had tornadoes go through here 3 weeks ago, and I still get nervous when I see it start to cloud up.

Judy
Gma to 4
Old 06-12-2008, 02:26 PM   #261  

S/C/G: 294/271/165

Height: 5"7

[QUOTE=krazykk;2223253]Okay...I had a slip up last night. Yes I was one of those in the basement for over three hours last night praying the tornadoes would not hit my home. Yes I am an emotional eater! Yes the ice cream cake was in the freezer in the basement. Yes I am an emotional eater. Yes I did not want to die without soothing myself! Sooooo.....I ate some ice cream cake! Yes I was mad at myself afterwards! And YES I am back on program today!

Whoooo....confession is good for the soul!

Hey, at least your back on program today. That is the key. If you deviate, which most of us will, just hope back on. That is part of life. The old self would have eaten it with no caring whatsoever, or said, well, I blew it, so I guess I'll start Monday. Enjoy the cake memory, don't beat yourself up, and keep going forward.
]
Old 06-12-2008, 02:28 PM   #262  

Karen ... I'm so glad you and all of our nebraska friends are okay. I watched until 1 a.m. on CNN, couldn't believe it. My son and his family just arrived in Akron (just a little north of Little Sioux) yesterday -- flew into Omaha and drove. Ice cream cake as a soother ... I totally get it. Let it go and enjoy that you are program again today. I'm so sorry for all of those you know who are effected. I also have family in Cedar Rapids ... they're bracing for big flooding, and a cousin who lives in Maquoketa and has farmland on the river -- the house is on a bluff so it will be okay, but I'm afraid they will lose their crops for the year. As long as everyone is okay -- that's really what matters.

Judy ... I'm in Fort Collins and one of my day care families lost their home in Windsor -- yesterday early afternoon when it got so windy, I did go look. Never used to give it a thought! (I grew up in Iowa so was used to it until I moved out here 29 years ago, and then not so used to it anymore). I know you were really busy with all of the families too. It's been a really weird weather year for sure.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:46 PM   #263  

S/C/G: 344.5/tracker/144.5

Height: 5'4"

Thanks to all for the kind words and thoughts. The midwest is taking its hit this summer, but know that all parts of the country is affected by natural disasters at one time or another. I really had not connected this to eating until last night!

My thoughts and prayers go out to all who have weather related tragedies this summer! Man, the flooding is awful and so very devastating.

DEB I will be thinking of your family in Iowa and the family in Colorado. I do know one about our country, we are a compassionate people and the support for those who have been touched by tragedy this summer has been overwhelming. Last weekend 2 tornadoes hit about 5 miles west of where I live, no lives were lost amazingly since it hit around 2 am and there was no warning! The people of Omaha have truly reached out.

I feel so blessed to be living in such a wonderful country!

Off my soap box or you all will be wishing I never came back to this forum!
Old 06-12-2008, 02:52 PM   #264  
Kristi M.

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/157

Karen - I am glad to hear that all of your students are okay. I have to tell you that I smiled when I read your confession with all of the emotioncons. Had there been an ice cream cake in the basement with me last night I probably would have eaten it to. Trying to keep 2 little ones in the basement all night was quite a challenge. All they wanted to do was play loudly and all I wanted to do was to listen to the weather, so my nerves were shot.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:55 PM   #265  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 206/187.5/165

Thank you Meemo and everyone else who responded to my question about the huge salads for lunch. I decided shortly after posting that question that I was being a bit whiny and that if I really want to get this darn weight off I will just have to buckle down and eat the dang salads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazykk View Post
Okay...I had a slip up last night. Yes I was one of those in the basement for over three hours last night praying the tornadoes would not hit my home. Yes I am an emotional eater! Yes the ice cream cake was in the freezer in the basement. Yes I am an emotional eater. Yes I did not want to die without soothing myself! Sooooo.....I ate some ice cream cake!
Hey I probably would have eaten that ice cream cake too! I totally understand about emotional eating, and last night was not fun. Well don't beat yourself up over it, today is a new day and your back on the program, woo hoo!
Old 06-12-2008, 04:31 PM   #266  
Jeannie

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft. 6in.

Default WOW am I behind!

Quick update on myself and off to reading!

Ohhh - 1st, I noticed a few newbies!

Me, yes I have been MIA for a few days! Step-son/Ex-Wife drama from haities this past weekend! UGH UGH UGH

Well, I am still yo-yo'ing! Still not completly following plan but have been making pretty descent choices! For the time being have lost the motivation for food prep/planning! Gave it another go to get back on the band wagon this morning! Had 2 eggs and some oatmeal - lunch was quick this afternoon (had a salad from Mickey D's)! Tomorrow is a new day with a fresh start! I weighed in yesterday and was down another 2 lbs! I know I could be much farther along but then again, this is life changing! I will take the 2 and be happy that I am feeling much better health wise and in my own skin! This puts me at 29 lbs. down in 12 weeks (a little under goal of 3 per week being 2.4 a week)! Time to step it up! I was not able to make it to the center for measurements this past weekend due to the unmentionable above drama! I am leaving out of town again this next Tue. so it does not look like I will make it to the center this go round! I might just have my DH do my measurements again seeing as they have not been done since my 2nd week on plan and I am at week 12! Will keep you all posted! Now time for catch up!
Old 06-12-2008, 05:05 PM   #267  
Jeannie

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft. 6in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
Goal4Life - Great story! I had a similiar one last month. I got stopped going onto base. The gate guard asked me to remove my sunglasses. I explained that I have lost a lot of weight. He paused for a long time and said "humm .. . . . that's a very stricking photo"! That was a nice way to say your photo looks crappy! I wonder if they will let me get another id? After a hard look at the photo, I wouldn't have let me on base!! And yes, we have come a long way!
WOW!! That is a fabulous NSV! I am so excited for you! Think I would have gave him a hug! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
Quick check in..

However...I am back on track today and even have hubby on board with me. They said he can have 6 oz of protein and should have 4 HNS. Anyone here know any more about what men can have different than our menus? DH weighs 185 and he's only 5'7". He would probably be good @ 165 I think. He was 150 when we met, but he was really thin back then. I think he's pretty upset b/c several people have made comments about his weight lately and I've been pushing him to not drink as much beer (he could lose 10 lbs in a week or two by just not drinking). So, I apologized to him for being pushy b/c he was never telling me to lose weight when I was at my heaviest. I just really want him to be healthy and I know he can't continue being overweight and still be healthy. It will catch up eventually. His last two doctor's visits his blood pressure was up and he had to have a stress test b/c of something on his EKG. Anyway..I feel bad that his feelings were hurt and I'll try to do better. I just want us to be healthy and fit together. It would help if he would exercise with me but he has no interest in the gym. At least I have him trying the plan though.
Rocki: My DH had a special menu due to his Gout! But I do remember that he had an additional fruit (at breakfast), and all veggie servings were double mine! I am on the beige menu! The rest was about the same! He just did not do as many clear HNS as I (practically none) and the bars were not limited for him (they were used as his HNS)! His first week, lost 15 lbs, if I remember correctly, the second was close to 10! He lost right around 40 lbs. in about a month/month and a half!

WOW woman, that is a lot of pills! Here is my daily:
3 falx @ breakfast, lunch, and dinner
2 apple cider vinegar @ breakfast, lunch, and dinner
1 hoodia @ breakfast and dinner
1 OneADay Womans @ breakfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuck in grad school View Post
Hello everyone! I've been lurking for a few weeks, but I didn't have time to figure out the posting side until this week...still not sure if I've got it, but I'll soon find out!

I'm a mail order client and have only been to my center once--two weeks after I started the program. Today is Day 29 for me, and I'm pretty psyched about the changes I can already see in my face and neck. I'm hoping to get back into the center next week for another official wi.

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced extreme weakness/fatigue on this plan or if anyone might have some coping strategies. I went from taking naps maybe twice every six months to now needing long naps almost daily. I really think I'm doing well with the food and getting enough food. I'm also taking the flax, MRC-6, B6, and a prenatal multi as recommended by the center. I've spoken with the center and added a daily jigger of Liquid Minerals last week to help with fatigue. It really got my attention today, though, when I had to stop my workout due to weakness (first time I've had to stop--I'm not a newbie to exercise), and I felt desperate for a granola bar. I didn't have one, so I grabbed a stick of cheese and tried to get dinner ready as quickly as possible. Oh, I'm not nursing or even chasing the baby in my avatar photo--she's my niece and doesn't live nearby, so the fatigue isn't attributable to her.
I am mail order also, have been OP for 12 weeks now and have only been to center once (when I joined)! Only trouble I had initially was slight headaches and I think this was from cutting out my coffee additiction and switching to decaf! I am sure I am way behind on this and you have had some wonderful advice! I would definatly have someone at the center go over your food sheet and address your concerns! Other than the headaches, for me it was the opposite! I used to be really tired and slept a lot, not so much any more! I am not as tired! Hope all has worked itself out!
Old 06-12-2008, 05:08 PM   #268  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

just doing a quick check in, I am actually out of town, so don't have to many oppourtunities to check the computer.
I am visiting my main office (I work from home, but come to the office occasionally). No one has seen me since my weightloss journey began. I floored everyone when I walked in this morning. It was kinda neat, because, working from home, only my family sees me on a regular basis. I liked the reactions that I got, and it made me feel really good about all of my progress. I actually was able to accept the compliments, and not think people were lying.
Just wanted to share my great NSV with you'all.
Happy Thursday everyone!
Old 06-12-2008, 05:41 PM   #269  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal4Life View Post
I am visiting my main office (I work from home, but come to the office occasionally). No one has seen me since my weightloss journey began. I floored everyone when I walked in this morning. It was kinda neat, because, working from home, only my family sees me on a regular basis. I liked the reactions that I got, and it made me feel really good about all of my progress. I actually was able to accept the compliments, and not think people were lying.
Awww..excellant NSV!!! You certainly should feel good about your progress and it's nice to have that extra validation!
Old 06-12-2008, 05:45 PM   #270  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

**YEA** It was a good WI day here After going up .5 last time I was at the center (and having been totally OP) I was down 4 lbs. today. Got to sign the 55 lb board and am only 2lbs away from the 60 lb board. I had been in a kind of mental slump about it all this past week and now I feel totally motivated again
Closed Thread