Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 05:07 PM   #136  
Kristi M.

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/157

Height: 5'8"

Alexiah - I do not eat buffalo daily, but I do not see why you can't. It is in the group 3 food, so it would just be like you eating chicken or ground turkey daily. The only problem that you may have with this is that your body would get used to eating it and you may hit a plateau, which I have had happen from eating chicken salads all the time at lunch. I really like gr. buffalo and bison steaks. We are actually grilling them out tonight. YUMMY!!!!
Old 06-10-2008, 05:10 PM   #137  
Kristi M.

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/157

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofboys View Post
My husband just left the country till the first of August. I want to be able to knock his socks off when he comes home! (maybe my new image will distract him away from how much money this plan cost!)
I had to laugh out loud about distracting him from the cost of the program It is a little costly, but you are worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-10-2008, 05:26 PM   #138  

Make sure you attend the classes that are offered, especially the cookie classes. They will help you get through major events!

I just couldn't let this go ..... sorry --- but yes, the cookie classes would help .. It just struck me really funny!! I'm weird that way!
Old 06-10-2008, 05:52 PM   #139  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

Thanks kristi for the response, i love the bison i really could eat it daily that is why i thought i would ask it is so yummy i feel like am eating off plan when i have it..lol
Old 06-10-2008, 06:05 PM   #140  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Karen - I just have to tell you how wonderful it is to see you posting again. You have such an awesome personality and I've really missed you! I was thinking about as I was driving around town today
readytobethinagain - there you are!!! I was wondering what happened to you. I see you got into the dress for the wedding. I think it's time to set a new goal - I know how important that one was for you!
Hawaiiboundby40 - Humm, I thought I had a before & after - it must have disappeared with the crash. I have it back up. This one was taken at the 70lb lost mark. I was in a size 14 and now in a loose 12! I'll have to look up the blueberry muffin receipe - I haven't tried it, but it does sound good. I can only have fruit at lunch, but that sounds wonderful! As for the cottage cheese tips - yes, I do have a lot. The trick to the double chocolate cheesecake - or any cheesecake for that matter - is how you blend the cottage cheese. I use a food processor for a very creamy texture. I first disolve the gelatin and splenda in hot water (in the food processor), then I add the cottage cheese and blend until it's completely creamy - I don't want to see lumps in my cheesecake then I add the pudding last. The pudding will set everything up quickly and it makes it much hard to get the lumps out if you add it all at once. I blend my crust ahead of time in the food processor and I add a little vanilla and extra butter buds or molly mcbutter. You can also have the cheesecake without a crust and save your bread exchange for something else. I didn't prefer this because it just looked like a gooey lump to me. The crust makes me feel like I'm having the real thing. I would encourage you to try it again - it's my favorite!! I also use cottage cheese to make ranch dressing (1 packet to a pint size tub of cottage cheese, keep adding water slowly until you get the right consistency). I use it with a creamy HNS to make a smoothy if I want a "liquid" meal. There's a canola/cinnamon roll recipe that I will have to dig out (can't do that one from memory). And just plain with melba crackers as a morning "dip". I'm sure there are many more uses. These are just my favorites. I go through quite a bit.
alexiah - I eating bison about 3 times a week. I just use it in any dish that I would have used beef in. Tried the new bison brats over memorial day weekend - yum. They are carrying it at the base commissary now.
momofboys - My DH eats the same meals as me - he's just happy to have dinner with me. If he doesn't like what I'm eating, he'll heat something else up. Most of the time, he likes everything I cook - the vegetables are the hard part for him! Most of my dinners are pretty "normal" - you get really creative with chicken dishes and the bison helps a lot. You'll learn pretty quick how to tweak your old favorite recipes and make them MRC compliant. The cookbook is very helpful, but they give you a lot of recipes using the HNS. If you cook with it, you don't drink one with your meal (unless the serving size is high). I'm sure you will adapt very quickly. 3MM is great at this. By the way, where are you????

Last edited by ShineOn; 06-10-2008 at 06:06 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:08 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIBOUNDBY40 View Post
Shine On- I was thinking, you need to post a before picture. 83 lbs and going. That is awesome. Any suggestions or tips with cottage cheese. I don't like cottage cheese- my husband does. Tried to make the double chocolate cheesecake last night. Was NOT good!! But I'm trying other recipes this week. Just thought after 83 lbs gone, you might have some good tips!!
Mix cottage cheese with hidden valley ranch mexi ranch dip mix. I put it on vegetables and chicken.

Make fruit dip with cottage cheese, vanilla pudding, water and diet lemon-lime soda.

Mix cottage cheese splenda and cinnamon.

Just to name a few.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:12 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldon07 View Post
These are GREAT!!! I used to make them even before I was on MRC.

Does anyone know why they specify "cooked oatmeal" instead of using dry oats?
Ok the one time I made them I used dry oats. They were still good. I just was too dumb to know it was supposed to be cooked.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:26 PM   #143  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryrhubarbpie View Post
I made the mistake of buying a cheap $9 scale though, so I'm going this week to get the $28 digital scale as I am not sure that the cheap scale is as accurate as I would like it to be, especially when it comes to measuring my one ounce of cheese.
I made that mistake too. I love my digital scale tho.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:27 PM   #144  
Ms. Jennifer

S/C/G: 196/SEE TICKER/150

Height: 5'4"

Ieduc8emThanks so much for the encouragement!!! It just seemed to slow down and I got a little discouraged.

Rocki: They put me on the 2 meal plan because they said my average per week was slowing down and they wanted to get me a boost of some kind. My plan is supposed to end on the 27th, but with the free weeks, I now have until the end of July if need be. I really want to get into the 140's if possible.

blueeyed You definitely have me wanting to try out the sea thin. I wonder if it will cause any problems with my heart condition and current meds. If not, I may try this out and see. I'll read up on it more. Way to LOSE!!!!

Last edited by exsquisit; 06-10-2008 at 06:28 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:30 PM   #145  
Lori

S/C/G: 162.5 / 132.5 / 120

Height: 5' 0"

Default 2 Meal Deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamperedmomoftwins View Post
What is the 2 meal plan???
Breakfast
1 HNS
Protein
Fruit
Veggie
Bread

Lunch or Dinner
1 HNS
Protein
Veggie
Bread

Take 4 HNS for the day. If you need a snack inbetween have 3 egg whites & melba toast. (my counselor added that for me)

Hope this helps.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:36 PM   #146  
Ms. Jennifer

Melinda: Your pictures are so inspirational. You are a walking billboard for determination and heart! Thank you so much for all of your encouragement and being so open to share your experiences with all of us.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:36 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 249/249/180

Height: 5'6

Hello everyone, can someone please tell me how to insert my weight loss tracker?
Old 06-10-2008, 06:41 PM   #148  
Ms. Jennifer

THAT IS HILARIOUS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal4Life View Post
ok, I have a funny NSV..kinda weight related, kinda not...

My dh wanted a 6 pack of beer for this past weekend. I offered to stop and pick it up on my way home..no biggie right?!
Well I went into the store with just my bank card (I am 30, so I really don't get carded that often). Well first the clerk, says, I need to see your i.d card. I run back outside (amazed that he even asked), and grabbed my drivers license. I showed him my license, and he didn't believe it was me (my pic was taken when I was around 260-270 pounds). I had to assure him it was, it took me like 20 mins to convince this poor guy, I showed him all my cards in my wallet, and my military i.d, showing my name, my checks everything. Finally, he sold me the beer. I wanted to laugh and cry in the midst of it all. Laugh, because I felt so good that I didn't LOOK 30 or 21 for that matter, and cry because all these people were looking at me like I was trying to do something illegal. LOL
Old 06-10-2008, 06:42 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 205.5/171.5/145

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumbleBee View Post
Breakfast
1 HNS
Protein
Fruit
Veggie
Bread

Lunch or Dinner
1 HNS
Protein
Veggie
Bread

Take 4 HNS for the day. If you need a snack inbetween have 3 egg whites & melba toast. (my counselor added that for me)

Hope this helps.

Thanks so much Lori!!! I actually weighed in today and I asked the counselor and she gave me the sheet but said not to use it more than 3 times in a week. I just have found days where I don't have time for lunch and then when I do it is only a few hours before dinner and I hate to eat a late late dinner!

Sharisse
Old 06-10-2008, 06:46 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 205.5/171.5/145

Height: 5'4.5"

I just wanted to make a quick post - I have a meeting to get to and of course my twins are still sleeping and not sure if my neighbor is home yet to watch them! :-)

Anyway, I lost another pound today when I weighed in so am now down 7 pounds and yesterday just started my week 4. I will have them do measurements next week! I may go back in on Friday or Saturday for another weigh in this week! We shall see what works!

I too have been feeling tired since starting the plan and so the counselor said to take liquid minerals once a day so will start that and see how that helps. I bought it when I first started but had only taken it like twice.

I will be making a ticker tonight - what site do you all use for it???

Thanks in advance!!

Will be back to post personals tonight!

Sharisse
Closed Thread