Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 09:28 PM   #226  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryrhubarbpie View Post

Ok question for the tenured peeps: Will I forever have to eat 8 ounces of salad for lunch every day? I have been filling it with heavy stuff like cauliflower and cucumbers, but I still really dislike eating that much salad. I'm just not a cold veggie eater at all. The last 2 nights I have not eaten my 4 ounces of cold salad like I've supposed to. It's getting to the point that I am forcing myself to eat lunch and having an upset stomach over it afterwards. I almost want to skip lunch and just have a few HNS's to get me through to dinner.

I'm going in tomorrow to weigh in so I think I'll talk to them about it then, just wanted to get some thoughts here also...
Nope - once you get to the green menu you can have cooked veggies for lunch AND dinner! Yay! And if you really like cukes you can have just 8 oz of cukes - or one of my faves - mix cukes with grape tomatoes (they're still safe) & green onions & splash some vinegar (I like rice vinegar on this), a little splenda too if you'd like a sweet touch to it. Refreshing & it isn't NEARLY so much "salad". And 4 oz of cuke isn't much at all. Not as nutritious as cabbage & spinach, etc, but it's only for a few more days...
Old 06-11-2008, 09:31 PM   #227  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah Tall View Post
Soooo... last monthly wi, I hit 31% body fat and 24 bmi! woohoo! That's healthy! I have a tanita at home, and today it said 29% BF . When I went in Tuesday to weigh in.... *drum roll please* They signed me up for stabilization on the 24th! I still have a couple more pounds to lose, but I think it will come off over the next couple of months.

Yahoo!
That's fabulous - I love seeing so many people going into stabilization!!!
Old 06-11-2008, 09:37 PM   #228  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Hump Day check in.

Hi everyone! I've had a major fiasco with my minivan this week and I'm so irritated over it. I've had a shake for dinner for 2 nights b/c I just didn't feel like cooking. Oh, just do a search on Honday Odyssey PAX tire complaints to see what I'm dealing with. Long story short I have a van that has run-flats that are ridiculous to replace and don't last like they should. I'm trying to replace them with something else and it's just a big fiasco. I thought it was taken care of and the tire place called me and said it was illegal for them to change my wheels and tires out. There's even a class action law suit about this right now. So, if anyone here has a 2005-2007 Honday Odyssey TOURING edition, watch out for the crappy tire situation. UGH! HMPPPPFFFFFF!

Anyway. I'm totally OP (food wise) this week (3 whole days in a row now). I have missed some HNS on accident b/c I've been running all over and having to share cars, take kids to drs appts and it's just a mess. I'm not doing as well with my water or pills, but I AM doing great with my food! That's a start.

Congrats to all the losers and for those going into stabilization. If really feels great being back OP and I'll get my groove back (with the drinks, pills and water) in the next couple of days. Once I make it through my first weekend back OP I think I'll be on cloud 9! Only 12 more lbs to my 1st goal but we've already discussed lowering that to the low 120s. I'm only 5'2" and I'm pretty sure I can be okay at that, plus I have 33 more days OP and they're having more "free week" promotions over 4th of July, so I should have enough paid for or free weeks to get to the lower goal.

Thanks again for all the support, encouragement, advice and information on this board. We all help each other so much, it's AWESOME! Now, if I could only find my cookbook! UGH!

I WI tomorrow morning (around 10am). I'll check in then! TTYL.

Last edited by Rocki; 06-11-2008 at 09:43 PM.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:53 PM   #229  

S/C/G: 294/271/165

Height: 5"7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieduc8em View Post
Missy Congrats on your 3 pound loss. I saw your name on the sign in sheet. You were the last one before lunch and I was the first one after lunch.

I lost 3 more pounds too! I'm so glad I ate those cukes and grape tomatoes on the beach instead of the chex mix!
Great job Pat!! That is awesome! I'm so proud of you!!!
Old 06-11-2008, 10:09 PM   #230  

Default gains

Ok, is anyone else out there a "scale freak" like me? I truely weigh every morning and every night on my scale. However, tonight, I'm all depressed because it's showing a pound up from yesterday and the day before. I'm like, What gives!!!!!! It's not like I've eaten an extra 3500 calories to gain a pound. I had 2 eggs with 1 slice toast, meal replacement bar and apple for lunch, and salad with grilled chicken for dinner. Sometimes I get frustrated a little because even though I'm not hungry, I know I don't eat a lot, and to see things like the scale not moving or worse, moving UP, I just don't get it. Anyone else experience this and if so, what can be the cause and what should I be doling to get through this. It's very frustrating!!
Old 06-11-2008, 10:32 PM   #231  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIBOUNDBY40 View Post
Ok, is anyone else out there a "scale freak" like me? I truely weigh every morning and every night on my scale. However, tonight, I'm all depressed because it's showing a pound up from yesterday and the day before. I'm like, What gives!!!!!! It's not like I've eaten an extra 3500 calories to gain a pound. I had 2 eggs with 1 slice toast, meal replacement bar and apple for lunch, and salad with grilled chicken for dinner. Sometimes I get frustrated a little because even though I'm not hungry, I know I don't eat a lot, and to see things like the scale not moving or worse, moving UP, I just don't get it. Anyone else experience this and if so, what can be the cause and what should I be doling to get through this. It's very frustrating!!
Ok you are weighing too much. I weigh first thing in the am after I go to the bathroom and naked. Your weight will fluctuate every day. Anymore than once a day (and some say once a week) will just cause you to get frustrated.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:54 PM   #232  
Em

Quote:
I'm the same way - I way every morning & most nights. Of course you didn't eat 3500 calories. It's water weight. Could be because of heat. Could be you need to up your water a bit. Could be you drank a bunch of water before you got on the scale. There's no telling. But don't stress. It's just water - water comes & goes, sometimes for no apparent reason.

One of the things I like about weighing daily, tho, is that it's shown me some of the things that do make me retain water. Pickles. Restaurant food. Motrin. Stress. Not drinking enough water. Stressing over not drinking enough water! Bottom line, the main number to watch is first thing in the morning, no clothes on. Let that one be the one you go by.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:56 PM   #233  
Sharon

S/C/G: 255

Height: 5'5"

I went to WI today and I am down 2 lbs for a total of 45lbs. She also did my measurements and I have lost a total of 54 inches so far. I am excited about the loss because I can tell that I am retaining water. My trainer said I shouldn't be shocked if I had gained this week due to the intensity of my workouts so I am pretty happy with the 2 lbs.

BUT I have an even better NSV.......My watch stopped working and I have been putting off going to get a new one because it is really hard for me to find a watch that fits my wrist without having to add extentions or more links to it.
Well, I went to WalMart just to look and I tried on several watches....Not only did they all fit, but some were even too BIG! OMG!!!!! I almost cried!!! I know I am losing and can really tell a difference in my clothing, but when I look in the mirror, I still look the same to me!!
Old 06-11-2008, 11:01 PM   #234  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
I'm the same way - I way every morning & most nights. Of course you didn't eat 3500 calories. It's water weight. Could be because of heat. Could be you need to up your water a bit. Could be you drank a bunch of water before you got on the scale. There's no telling. But don't stress. It's just water - water comes & goes, sometimes for no apparent reason.

One of the things I like about weighing daily, tho, is that it's shown me some of the things that do make me retain water. Pickles. Restaurant food. Motrin. Stress. Not drinking enough water. Stressing over not drinking enough water! Bottom line, the main number to watch is first thing in the morning, no clothes on. Let that one be the one you go by.
Meemo, what is it about Motrin? That caught my attention because I started taking Motrin yesterday for a nerve in my back.
Interesting.
Thanks SNFGRL for the advice too!! I appreciate you all!!
Old 06-11-2008, 11:03 PM   #235  

Quote:
Originally Posted by snflrgrl1962 View Post
I went to WI today and I am down 2 lbs for a total of 45lbs. She also did my measurements and I have lost a total of 54 inches so far. I am excited about the loss because I can tell that I am retaining water. My trainer said I shouldn't be shocked if I had gained this week due to the intensity of my workouts so I am pretty happy with the 2 lbs.

BUT I have an even better NSV.......My watch stopped working and I have been putting off going to get a new one because it is really hard for me to find a watch that fits my wrist without having to add extentions or more links to it.
Well, I went to WalMart just to look and I tried on several watches....Not only did they all fit, but some were even too BIG! OMG!!!!! I almost cried!!! I know I am losing and can really tell a difference in my clothing, but when I look in the mirror, I still look the same to me!!
on the weight loss and the NSV!! That is awesome. You are just rocking along!!
Old 06-11-2008, 11:06 PM   #236  

S/C/G: 264.5/258.9/150

Height: 5 '4'

crystal-
I am going to WI on Friday! We may go around 11am. Have you meet the new manager? She seems really nice. Have you attended any of the classes?
Good work on the 9 inches lost!!
Old 06-11-2008, 11:10 PM   #237  
Sharon

Quote:

I weigh every morning and night too! Sometimes I do get discouraged if I am up or if I stay the same. BUT, I look at weighing everyday as part of my accountability to myself. I need the constant reminder that I need to stay on track. If I am down then it makes me feel great about what I am doing and that it is working. If I am up or stay the same then it reminds me to try harder to stay on plan or drink more water.

I went for years not monitoring my weight and look where it got me!!!! I plan to make weighing every day as a part of my routine for the rest of my life because I WILL NOT gain this weight back.

Last edited by snflrgrl1962; 06-11-2008 at 11:11 PM.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:13 PM   #238  

Quote:
Originally Posted by snflrgrl1962 View Post
I weigh every morning and night too! Sometimes I do get discouraged if I am up or if I stay the same. BUT, I look at weighing everyday as part of my accountability to myself. I need the constant reminder that I need to stay on track. If I am down then it makes me feel great about what I am doing and that it is working. If I am up or stay the same then it reminds me to try harder to stay on plan or drink more water.

I went for years not monitoring my weight and look where it got me!!!! I plan to make weighing every day as a part of my routine for the rest of my life because I WILL NOT gain this weight back.
Yeah, I know what you mean. It helps when things are going good, and if not, makes me think what I did wrong or what I could be doing better. If I don't monitor it, well... look where it got me too!! LOL
Old 06-11-2008, 11:16 PM   #239  
Sharon

Quote:
Yeah, I know what you mean. It helps when things are going good, and if not, makes me think what I did wrong or what I could be doing better. If I don't monitor it, well... look where it got me too!! LOL

You are doing great! Don't let the scale get you down. I agree with Meemo. Let the WI you do in the mornings be the one you go by.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:50 PM   #240  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryrhubarbpie View Post
Questions and comments!
Ok question for the tenured peeps: Will I forever have to eat 8 ounces of salad for lunch every day? I have been filling it with heavy stuff like cauliflower and cucumbers, but I still really dislike eating that much salad. I'm just not a cold veggie eater at all. The last 2 nights I have not eaten my 4 ounces of cold salad like I've supposed to. It's getting to the point that I am forcing myself to eat lunch and having an upset stomach over it afterwards. I almost want to skip lunch and just have a few HNS's to get me through to dinner.
Jennifer--My stomach was upset for the first two weeks, too. I think it could be that detox thing some of the tenured peeps talk about. Anyway, I'm on day 31, and I haven't had that problem in a while. Have you thought about having a different veggie for lunch, like green beans or steamed broccoli? I've done well with the 5 lb. bag of frozen beans at Sam's. I seem to have better results, though, having the salad for lunch.
Closed Thread