Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 12:26 AM   #241  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Default Personal Replies

Hi, my name is Rocki and I'm a scale freak! I not only weigh 1st thing in the AM, and last thing before bed, but I write it down on a tablet on my bathroom counter. It was looking at that tablet that made me finally realize that I was on a downward spiral and couldn't stop it and I had to get back to the center and back on track. It was a real shock to realize that I had been up and down the same 4 pounds for 3.5 weeks! OMG! I agree that we SHOULDN'T weigh that often, but some of us are just obsessive and it's hard to stop and like others have said, it does help you stay on track and know what you might be doing that is hindering your progress. As for the 1 lb you think you're up, it could just be b/c it was later than normal, you drank more water than before or maybe you just need a good #2 on the potty! Don't stress over it (I know, easier said than done, b/c I weighed tonight and was irritated to see the scale not as low as I wanted it to be), try to stay positive and maybe even write down anything you may be doing differently. I can usually tell by what my home scale says what to expect @ the center and I was really hoping for the 130s tomorrow, but I don't think that will happen unless I have some good colon cleansing in the next 9 hours and I wake up and run right there so I have no extra food and/or water in my belly @ WI! Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIBOUNDBY40 View Post
Ok, is anyone else out there a "scale freak" like me? I truely weigh every morning and every night on my scale.
Woo hoo for that 2lbs, those lost inches (OMG), and working out! That's great! And way to go on those watches fitting! That's so exciting. I can't wear my rings anymore b/c they all just spin on my fingers and I'm afraid I'll lose them. My watches also need links taken out but I haven't done it yet. I'm waiting 'til the end!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snflrgrl1962 View Post
I went to WI today and I am down 2 lbs for a total of 45lbs.
What sort of beans do you get at Sam's? Are they green beans? We buy our broccoli that way, but have never bought beans. Are they the squeaky kind? I love canned green beans but can't have them, so I'd like to find a good replacement but I can't stand the ones that "squeak" when I chew them. UGH! I usually do a cucumber @ lunch and try a cooked veggie @ dinner, so the beans would be good. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuck in grad school View Post
Jennifer--My stomach was upset for the first two weeks, too. I think it could be that detox thing some of the tenured peeps talk about. Anyway, I'm on day 31, and I haven't had that problem in a while. Have you thought about having a different veggie for lunch, like green beans or steamed broccoli? I've done well with the 5 lb. bag of frozen beans at Sam's. I seem to have better results, though, having the salad for lunch.

Last edited by Rocki; 06-12-2008 at 12:27 AM.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:32 AM   #242  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Meemo, what is it about Motrin? That caught my attention because I started taking Motrin yesterday for a nerve in my back.
Interesting.
Thanks SNFGRL for the advice too!! I appreciate you all!!
I don't know why it does it - I think most painkillers like that can cause some people to retain water, Motrin is what I usually use. I'd read it somewhere (I think back when I was doing the Carb Addicts diet) and when I started paying attention I realized any time I took it, I'd be up a lb or two. But if it's between water weight & hurting, I'll take the water weight! (Of course, I also drink extra water if I'm taking Motrin now. Trying to have it both ways!)
Old 06-12-2008, 08:20 AM   #243  

S/C/G: 294/271/165

Height: 5"7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
I don't know why it does it - I think most painkillers like that can cause some people to retain water, Motrin is what I usually use. I'd read it somewhere (I think back when I was doing the Carb Addicts diet) and when I started paying attention I realized any time I took it, I'd be up a lb or two. But if it's between water weight & hurting, I'll take the water weight! (Of course, I also drink extra water if I'm taking Motrin now. Trying to have it both ways!)
Thanks so much for the tip!! That was huge for me when you said Motrin. I'm like yelling at the screen " I"m taking MOTRIN"!! Light bulb moment. Anyway, I will up my water today- probably needed to anyway!! Thanks Meemo!!!
Old 06-12-2008, 08:24 AM   #244  

Default Thanks Rocki!!

Ok. I'm glad I"m not the only "scale freak"!! I've been doing that for so long. I know that when I stop looking at the scale at home, I start gaining weight. It helps to keep me in check.
Hey- question about the canned greened beans. I found some canned green beans with no sodium whatsoever. Are those ok to eat? I love the convience of the canned green beans, but obviously the regular ones have way to much sodium!

Last edited by HAWAIIBOUNDBY40; 06-12-2008 at 08:25 AM.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:18 AM   #245  
Kristi M.

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/157

Height: 5'8"

Hawaii - I eat no sodium green beans about once a week. I just make sure to rinse them off before putting them in the pan to cook. I love green beans, just not frozen ones. I have never had a problem eating them either. When I do eat them though I up my water intake in the evening
Old 06-12-2008, 10:38 AM   #246  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristih6 View Post
Hawaii - I eat no sodium green beans about once a week. I just make sure to rinse them off before putting them in the pan to cook. I love green beans, just not frozen ones. I have never had a problem eating them either. When I do eat them though I up my water intake in the evening
Thanks Kristi I was so happy to find them in the grocery store the other day because I really like green beans, but don't always have time to cook them, so I thought this would be an easy way to get my veggies in at lunch when I'm in a hurry. I would think their main concern over canned vegetables would be the sodium, though I know the nutriets aren't as high, but with the 10 pills a day I take!! ( at least it seems like 10 arrhhhh....) I should be covered!!! LOL
Old 06-12-2008, 10:43 AM   #247  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Ok. I'm glad I"m not the only "scale freak"!! I've been doing that for so long. I know that when I stop looking at the scale at home, I start gaining weight. It helps to keep me in check.
I too, am a avid scale freak.... I check in the morning and at night.... sometimes even when I get home from work if I happen to feel the need! It's a little obsessive! However, it's me!
Old 06-12-2008, 10:57 AM   #248  
Kristi M.

Last night was crazy in Iowa/Nebraska with severe weather. We all camped in the basement, which my kids thought was super neat. Unfortunately a tornado touched down in Little Sioux, IA which demolished a boy scout camp and killed 4 boys. My heart truly goes out to those families. Just thought I would share this in case you all had not heard. Hopefully we will have a peaceful night tonight.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:58 AM   #249  
Kristi M.

On a lighter note I weighed in on my home scale today and it showed I was down 3.2 lbs....I am weighing in tomorrow and hope that this translates to their scale. Wish me Luck.

To all the loser's this week WAY TO GO!!!!!! Keep it up
Old 06-12-2008, 11:03 AM   #250  

Quote:
On a lighter note I weighed in on my home scale today and it showed I was down 3.2 lbs....I am weighing in tomorrow and hope that this translates to their scale. Wish me Luck.

To all the loser's this week WAY TO GO!!!!!! Keep it up
AND HERES TO YOU ON THE SCALE TOMORROW!!
Old 06-12-2008, 11:07 AM   #251  

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
I too, am a avid scale freak.... I check in the morning and at night.... sometimes even when I get home from work if I happen to feel the need! It's a little obsessive! However, it's me!
Well, your obsessivness has gotten you down 106 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-12-2008, 11:11 AM   #252  

Default blueberry muffins

ok, I'm thinking about buying the Vanilla Pudding HNS, because several recipes use it. I really want to try the Bluberry Muffin recipe with the 2 eggs, pudding, and blueberries. Has anyone tried it? Is it really good? I building myself to really hope that it's good, and I really don't want to get excited and then it's aweful!!
Old 06-12-2008, 11:20 AM   #253  
Kristi M.

Have never had it, but it sure does sound good. Do you have the exact recipe? I would like to make and have all the items to make it in the house.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:40 AM   #254  
Denise

Quote:
Last night was crazy in Iowa/Nebraska with severe weather. We all camped in the basement, which my kids thought was super neat. Unfortunately a tornado touched down in Little Sioux, IA which demolished a boy scout camp and killed 4 boys. My heart truly goes out to those families. Just thought I would share this in case you all had not heard. Hopefully we will have a peaceful night tonight.
I heard about the tornado on the news.... how scary for you! I also heard about the 4 boys, and that is so sad.... I too hope for a peaceful day/night for you all!
Old 06-12-2008, 11:41 AM   #255  
Denise

Quote:
Well, your obsessivness has gotten you down 106 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You've got a point there!
Closed Thread