Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 02:27 PM   #346  
get it girl

S/C/G: 191.5/173.5/155

Height: 5'11"

Just wanted to let everyone interested in the SeaThin that it is on sale at CVS right now for $19.99. I think that's a pretty good price. I picked some up to try since everyone else has had pretty good luck with it.
Old 06-15-2008, 03:34 PM   #347  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldon07 View Post
Just wanted to let everyone interested in the SeaThin that it is on sale at CVS right now for $19.99. I think that's a pretty good price. I picked some up to try since everyone else has had pretty good luck with it.
WOW! That is a great price! I'm gonna have to go get me some more!
Old 06-15-2008, 03:39 PM   #348  
Crystal

A little NSV yesterday - I went to WalMart for a Fathers Day Card. Saw a cute tank top. Just for a little motivation I grabbed the Med. 8/10. I knew it would be a little snug, but it'd give me something to work towards. Well...it fits! Yippee!

My bottoms are 12's still (rolls eyes), but even some of them are getting baggy!!! Just not baggy enough for me to try a 10...

I WI tomorrow... HOPEFULLY I'll be back below that 170 mark again. Feels like I'm lighter... Or wishful thinking maybe...

Last edited by blueyedangel; 06-15-2008 at 03:39 PM.
Old 06-15-2008, 05:14 PM   #349  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Crystal..You can do it!! WAY to go on that little tank. My bbs are way too big still (seriously considering a reduction) but I have been able to get some medium tops b/c hte rest of my top area has shrunk At least the "around" measurement has changed, just not the cup size! UGH! You're doing great. I'm sure you'll be below 170 gain tomorrow and that will give you the motivation you need for another great week!

Meemo..Dh calls your area LA I'd never heard of that until he said it years ago and I've lived in the Tampa Bay area all my life! I've been to Panama City when I was little and Pensacola only once about 12 years ago. I'll have to visit again someday.

Nickie....WHERE ARE YOU???? WE ALL MISS YOU AND ARE WORRIED ABOUT YOU! PLEASE CHECK IN!

Father's Day check in..

I had some off plan tastes of a chocolate shake yesterday b/c I bought it for my 5yr old and she didn't want it. I had no water or diet lemonade left (went to Chick Fil A) and I wanted to take all my pills. So I took them with the shake! I know, stupid, but that was really my ONLY off plan choice all week.

Today we had a cookout here for 13 people. In-laws brought marinated steaks and I told them in advance that I could not have the teriyaki. I had a huge salad, 3.5 oz of steak, 1 cup of watermelon and my HNS and pills. My brother brought cookies from Panera Bread! OMG! OMG! They looked and smelled SOOOOO good. I took one peek in the box and closed it VERY QUICKLY. I didn't have ONE taste! I'm so proud of myself. I think I might just have a shake for dinner, or maybe some chicken salad or tuna. Not sure yet, but I don't want to screw up my good week. I think a good WI tomorrow will really be what I need to stay on this great track I've been on this week. I've had 2 fiberfills today so hopefully I can get some "movement" goving before weigh in tomorrow. It's also measurement day tomorrow for me (day 120).

I hope everyone had a great day!
Old 06-15-2008, 06:09 PM   #350  
Becky

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Hey everyone! I'm having an urge to snack on something so I thought I'd check in here and hope the urge goes away. Today is only day 2 OP for my and I'm already sick of salad, cucs, etc. I'm afraid I'm not going to make it! I'm going to try the salad trick that Strawberrie posted though....maybe that will help. I'm really not hungry so much as bored I guess. I've decided I'm an emotional eater too - I never figured that out till now. Since my hubby is gone I'm in a slump....bored, lonely, etc. My boys are great, but they miss him too, so all of our moods are down right now. And a huge plate of nachos might help us.....

At my food meeting Friday they couldn't stress enough how if I eat anything not OP I could set myself back 4 days...even my darn toothpaste could spell disaster! EEEKKK! So I was very confused at church this morning when it came time for communion (both wine & bread)....I finally decided not to chance it and didn't take communion. But I did have a weak moment later this afternoon and had 1 m&m.....am I a ruined woman now?

Well thanks for this outlet....I really appreciate the support I've been getting here!
Old 06-15-2008, 07:16 PM   #351  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 206/187.5/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofboys View Post
Hey everyone! I'm having an urge to snack on something so I thought I'd check in here and hope the urge goes away. Today is only day 2 OP for my and I'm already sick of salad, cucs, etc. I'm afraid I'm not going to make it! I'm going to try the salad trick that Strawberrie posted though....maybe that will help. I'm really not hungry so much as bored I guess. I've decided I'm an emotional eater too - I never figured that out till now. Since my hubby is gone I'm in a slump....bored, lonely, etc. My boys are great, but they miss him too, so all of our moods are down right now. And a huge plate of nachos might help us.....

At my food meeting Friday they couldn't stress enough how if I eat anything not OP I could set myself back 4 days...even my darn toothpaste could spell disaster! EEEKKK! So I was very confused at church this morning when it came time for communion (both wine & bread)....I finally decided not to chance it and didn't take communion. But I did have a weak moment later this afternoon and had 1 m&m.....am I a ruined woman now?

Well thanks for this outlet....I really appreciate the support I've been getting here!
It is a little hard in the beginning but stick with it, it gets easier! I actually look forward to the salad now, in the beginning I would dread it. My center told me one small blt (bites licks tastes) will set us back 9 good meals or 3 days. My main problem is that I have such a horrible sweet tooth, I'm constantly craving something sweet, even if I'm not hungry. One of the things I have done to try to keep myself on track is to do positive self talk, I tell myself 'come on girl you can do this, just wait until you can fit back into those size 10's and it will be all worth it!' I have even put up an outfit in my bedroom and I will run and look at it when I have a weak moment. Last night I made banana bread for my husband, and when I pulled it out of the oven it looked and smelled SOOO good, I had to run to the bedroom and look at that outfit and do some positive self talk!! It may sound cheesy but it worked, I was able to go back to that banana bread, serve my husband a piece of it and put the rest away in the fridge.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:48 PM   #352  
Becky

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryrhubarbpie View Post
It is a little hard in the beginning but stick with it, it gets easier! I actually look forward to the salad now, in the beginning I would dread it. My center told me one small blt (bites licks tastes) will set us back 9 good meals or 3 days. My main problem is that I have such a horrible sweet tooth, I'm constantly craving something sweet, even if I'm not hungry. One of the things I have done to try to keep myself on track is to do positive self talk, I tell myself 'come on girl you can do this, just wait until you can fit back into those size 10's and it will be all worth it!' I have even put up an outfit in my bedroom and I will run and look at it when I have a weak moment. Last night I made banana bread for my husband, and when I pulled it out of the oven it looked and smelled SOOO good, I had to run to the bedroom and look at that outfit and do some positive self talk!! It may sound cheesy but it worked, I was able to go back to that banana bread, serve my husband a piece of it and put the rest away in the fridge.

Wow - warm banana bread?! I'm so impressed with you Strawberrie!!
I'm not so sure I could of done that. I tried your cuc recipe tonight and it just didn't do it for me...although I think I may have used too much of the cider vinager. I don't mind salad...but I have to have my ranch dressing on it, and that is now off limits. Maybe this will all become easier once I see something positive on the scale. I need to go weigh in either tomorrow or Tues and get my menu's for the next 5 days. I hope it has a little less salad on it. I'll give the self talk a try and maybe even the smaller outfit - thanks! I suppose I have to take this one day at a time right?
Old 06-15-2008, 08:38 PM   #353  

Height: 5'5

momofboys - I'm a big ranch fan as well, the center suggested I try mixing dry hidden valley ranch mix with my cottage cheese. You just put the cottage cheese in the food processor and add some of the ranch powder. I had it one day this week and it was super good!!

I have to agree with everyone about the turkey brats. We had a cookout today for father's day, I had that. It was great. I put it on my slice of sara lee bread and added some mustard. I actually didn't feel like I was on a diet at all
Old 06-15-2008, 09:06 PM   #354  
Crystal

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofboys View Post
Wow - warm banana bread?! I'm so impressed with you Strawberrie!!
I'm not so sure I could of done that. I tried your cuc recipe tonight and it just didn't do it for me...although I think I may have used too much of the cider vinager. I don't mind salad...but I have to have my ranch dressing on it, and that is now off limits. Maybe this will all become easier once I see something positive on the scale. I need to go weigh in either tomorrow or Tues and get my menu's for the next 5 days. I hope it has a little less salad on it. I'll give the self talk a try and maybe even the smaller outfit - thanks! I suppose I have to take this one day at a time right?
I remember getting really bored with all the salads too. And, occassionally I still do. So...what I am about to tell you is against the rules, unethical I'm sure, but works for me...

I bought some Kraft Free Zesty Italian Dressing. It has a really bold flavor and a little does go a long way since it is so liquid. A serving is 2 Tbsp. There are only 15 calories in that! 3g carbs, 2g sugars, but 480 mg sodium (so I take an extra B6) I also bought Kraft Free Peppercorn Ranch. It has 50 calories, 2g sugars, 350mg sodium, but 11g carbs. I don't use this one a lot, just occassionally as a dip for my raw broccoli, green peppers, cucumbers & cherry tomatoes.

I've used these and still remained in ketosis. I think it takes more than just a little dressing to throw your body off. Besides, the benenfits of eating more veggies has to outweigh the negatives of 2 Tbsp offplan dressing... At least in my head it does.

It's all in what works for YOU. Took me this long to figure out that I do better when I eat the higher protein foods...
Old 06-15-2008, 09:14 PM   #355  
Crystal

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelish View Post
momofboys - I'm a big ranch fan as well, the center suggested I try mixing dry hidden valley ranch mix with my cottage cheese. You just put the cottage cheese in the food processor and add some of the ranch powder. I had it one day this week and it was super good!!

I have to agree with everyone about the turkey brats. We had a cookout today for father's day, I had that. It was great. I put it on my slice of sara lee bread and added some mustard. I actually didn't feel like I was on a diet at all
Glad you liked the brats. They are one of my faves! I had a turkey burger last night. Yummo! Just added some steak seasonings to it.

I tried the cottage cheese dip. I just can't choke that stuff down. I have yet to find a cottage cheese recipe that I like. But, glad you found something that works for you.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:55 PM   #356  

hi everyone i only have about 5-6 more pounds to go i keep noshing on bad stuff for the past 2 day i love chocolate i know if i do this i have to work out twice as hard and i can lose but i don't know why i am doing this ugh!
Old 06-15-2008, 10:10 PM   #357  

S/C/G: 244/174.5/171

Height: 5'10'

Hi everybody just wanted to let you all know I went and weighed in Friday lost another 2 lbs just 2 lbs from the 70lb board.
Hope everyone has had a good week.
I know it seems like the salad gets to be too much but believe me it fills you up and keeps you from getting hungey I like to eat my salad at lunch and my cooked vegs at dinner. I have lost 68lbs on this program since July of last year. I got off a little 3 weeks ago because I was very depressed but I am back on op now. I just look at the pictures of myself before and now and it really keeps me going.
I look at this as a new way of life I have more energy and feel better that I have in years.

One for every 5lbs lost

Old 06-15-2008, 10:40 PM   #358  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmhairstylist View Post
hi everyone i only have about 5-6 more pounds to go i keep noshing on bad stuff for the past 2 day i love chocolate i know if i do this i have to work out twice as hard and i can lose but i don't know why i am doing this ugh!
That's WONDERFUL to only have 5 or 6 more pounds to go. Leave that chocolate alone!!! Or have the MRC choc pudding

Quote:
Originally Posted by losingforhealth View Post
Hi everybody just wanted to let you all know I went and weighed in Friday lost another 2 lbs just 2 lbs from the 70lb board.
CONGRATS on being so close to signing that board! I'm 2 away from the 60 lb board and am hoping to own it when I WI this week
Old 06-15-2008, 11:47 PM   #359  
Becky

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedangel View Post
I remember getting really bored with all the salads too. And, occassionally I still do. So...what I am about to tell you is against the rules, unethical I'm sure, but works for me...

I bought some Kraft Free Zesty Italian Dressing. It has a really bold flavor and a little does go a long way since it is so liquid. A serving is 2 Tbsp. There are only 15 calories in that! 3g carbs, 2g sugars, but 480 mg sodium (so I take an extra B6) I also bought Kraft Free Peppercorn Ranch. It has 50 calories, 2g sugars, 350mg sodium, but 11g carbs. I don't use this one a lot, just occassionally as a dip for my raw broccoli, green peppers, cucumbers & cherry tomatoes.

I've used these and still remained in ketosis. I think it takes more than just a little dressing to throw your body off. Besides, the benenfits of eating more veggies has to outweigh the negatives of 2 Tbsp offplan dressing... At least in my head it does.

It's all in what works for YOU. Took me this long to figure out that I do better when I eat the higher protein foods...
You are such a rebel!! I think I may have to try the Kraft dressings - and I think I'll give the cottage cheese "dressing" a shot too. At this point I have to try something. I don't mind cooked veggies...and I don't mind raw ones either - just not so much! Has anyone tried the MRC "mayo" ? I love my mayo too and can't imagine eating tuna without a little. Like I said the lady at MRC scared me to death about eating off plan even a tiny bit!
Old 06-15-2008, 11:50 PM   #360  
Becky

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelish View Post

I think I'll have to give this "cottage cheese dressing " a shot - I'm also gonna have to try the turkey brats, they sound so yummy! Thanks!
Closed Thread