Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 12:12 AM   #361  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by snflrgrl1962 View Post
Grad School: Did you have low blood pressure before MRC? The reason I asked is because I was on blood pressure medicine before MRC but got to (thankfully) come off because it had dropped so low. However, it is now staying low and my heart rate is also low. I had an EKG just before beginning MRC and everything was fine with me then. I wondered if it was due to one of the "pills" I am taking from MRC.
Yeppers...but it was never freaky low. I drove home (280 miles) on Thursday and it was really a stupid decision, but I had my beagle and there really wasn't anywhere to stop along the way. I'm wondering if the B6 isn't what knocked my socks off. I wasn't feeling great beforehand, but I started getting faint when they upped me to three a day. I went into the center on Friday morning and they told me I really needed at least one a day, but I think they were surprised by how low my numbers were. I'm going in to see the doctor tomorrow. I'm actually feeling much better today, though, so I'm sure all the tests will look great and my doctor will think I've succumbed to insanity. That's helpful to know, though, about your experience with blood pressure/MRC. I'll definitely remember that tomorrow.

Now, having gotten that pleasant topic out of the way...today was Day 35 and I totally fell off the wagon. It wasn't that I wanted to fall off the wagon or that I really ate anything all that spectacular, but my aunt and uncle hosted a picnic to celebrate my 90-year-old grandfather, and they did not serve anything on my menu...except maybe the tomatoes. I should have planned ahead and brought a chicken breast and some greens, but I was exhausted from the bp thing and all the travels, and I honestly thought it was easier to just eat what they had than to explain to my 84-year-old grandmother why I needed to run to Kroger to buy more food. Ahhh...the path of least resistance! Hopefully it won't be too difficult to go back on plan tomorrow. I'm not really having any bad cravings, and since my burger was served medium rare, my appetite definitely wasn't whetted for more cheeseburgers.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:26 AM   #362  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Default Leg Cramps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
HAWAIIBOUNDBY40: Do you take the Liquid Minerals? They are supposed to be good for things like leg cramps. I love them. If your center doesn't have them there are various places to buy them online.
I can vouch for this. When I went into the center on Friday, they asked if I had experienced any leg cramps. I haven't, but I have felt my calf muscles twitching at night since I started this program. The consultant told me that if those twitches turned into a cramp to start using Liquid Minerals...except I started that several weeks ago for fatigue anyway. So, no leg cramps for me!

Well...my dad has been renovating one of his rental properties and suffered nasty leg cramps every night last week. When he told me this, I relayed what the consultant told me earlier in the day and rushed out to Sam's just before closing and picked up a bottle. He reluctantly took a jigger before going to bed. He was amazed/thrilled/relieved that he did not have a leg cramp that night. He took them through the weekend and was leg cramp free through the weekend! At $10 a bottle, I think they are a bargain!
Old 06-16-2008, 08:25 AM   #363  

S/C/G: 294/271/165

Height: 5"7

Default leg cramps

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuck in grad school View Post
I can vouch for this. When I went into the center on Friday, they asked if I had experienced any leg cramps. I haven't, but I have felt my calf muscles twitching at night since I started this program. The consultant told me that if those twitches turned into a cramp to start using Liquid Minerals...except I started that several weeks ago for fatigue anyway. So, no leg cramps for me!

Well...my dad has been renovating one of his rental properties and suffered nasty leg cramps every night last week. When he told me this, I relayed what the consultant told me earlier in the day and rushed out to Sam's just before closing and picked up a bottle. He reluctantly took a jigger before going to bed. He was amazed/thrilled/relieved that he did not have a leg cramp that night. He took them through the weekend and was leg cramp free through the weekend! At $10 a bottle, I think they are a bargain!
That's great!! Also remember, my Dr. told me they can be from low potassium, so for someone not OP, a bananna can help and he said dehydration, so extra water and potassium can help with the cramps as well!
Glad that worked for your Dad. Leg Cramps can really hurt. I know mine did!!!
Old 06-16-2008, 08:27 AM   #364  

Default kitosis question

How do they determine if you are in ketosis? We just have a satellite office, so I'm not sure what all that means. They have told me that if I need to pee, to go into the bathroom and do it in there on a stick. Is that what that's for?
Old 06-16-2008, 09:10 AM   #365  

Default Drink Question

For those of you that buy your drinks online- how do you handle that when you go to the center? I just bought a lot and my DH said they came in Fedex this morning, but wasn't sure what to say at the center on Weds when they ask if I need more!
Thanks!
Old 06-16-2008, 09:21 AM   #366  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofboys View Post
Wow - warm banana bread?! I'm so impressed with you Strawberrie!!
I'm not so sure I could of done that. I tried your cuc recipe tonight and it just didn't do it for me...although I think I may have used too much of the cider vinager. I don't mind salad...but I have to have my ranch dressing on it, and that is now off limits. Maybe this will all become easier once I see something positive on the scale. I need to go weigh in either tomorrow or Tues and get my menu's for the next 5 days. I hope it has a little less salad on it. I'll give the self talk a try and maybe even the smaller outfit - thanks! I suppose I have to take this one day at a time right?
The Wishbone Spritzers have a ranch dressing now, and it is on plan according to my center..you might want to try it out. It is a little more liquidy than regular ranch, but the flavor is all there.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:26 AM   #367  
Bringin' Sexy Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuck in grad school View Post

What is the name of the liquid minerals from Walmart...I haven't really had leg cramps for my entire weightloss stage, but now that I am approaching my stabalization, it seems that I am getting them in the wee hours of the night.

Last edited by Goal4Life; 06-16-2008 at 09:27 AM.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:42 AM   #368  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIBOUNDBY40 View Post
How do they determine if you are in ketosis? We just have a satellite office, so I'm not sure what all that means. They have told me that if I need to pee, to go into the bathroom and do it in there on a stick. Is that what that's for?
Yep - that's what they're for. I think the entire time I was in the weight loss phase I tested positive once, and I peed on the stick every time. I think we eat just enough sugary/starchy carbs (with the bread in the morning & evening & fruit for lunch) to keep us out of anything but a trace of ketosis. Unless you test before eating breakfast - most of us wake up in a state of ketosis because it's been so long since we've eaten.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:48 AM   #369  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIBOUNDBY40 View Post
For those of you that buy your drinks online- how do you handle that when you go to the center? I just bought a lot and my DH said they came in Fedex this morning, but wasn't sure what to say at the center on Weds when they ask if I need more!
Thanks!
Just smile & say "No, I'm good for now." You'll need to buy some occasionally, of course, or eventually they'll realize you should be running out by now. Then again the main reason it would matter would be that if they know you're buying them elsewhere it basically voids your guarantee. But every circle they make on your menu of off-plan eating, or don't exercise, or don't drink all your water, or otherwise don't follow the plan is a reason for them to void the guarantee.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:15 AM   #370  

Default thanks meemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
Just smile & say "No, I'm good for now." You'll need to buy some occasionally, of course, or eventually they'll realize you should be running out by now. Then again the main reason it would matter would be that if they know you're buying them elsewhere it basically voids your guarantee. But every circle they make on your menu of off-plan eating, or don't exercise, or don't drink all your water, or otherwise don't follow the plan is a reason for them to void the guarantee.
Thanks- I'm not really worried about the "guareentee", because I'm just planning of doing the best that I can. Maybe some people can be 100% all the time, and great for them, but I can't. I can be great for 95% of the time, but every now and then, I may eat a hotdog at a baseball game, ya know! So, I won't worry about it, as long as I've paid up front, I guess they can't "kick me out" completly. I will buy some every now and then, just not every time. Too expensive!
Old 06-16-2008, 11:43 AM   #371  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 206/187.5/165

Height: 5'8"

Does anyone watch the Today show? I used to work weekends so I would watch it a lot, now I work tues-fri and can only watch in Monday mornings. Anyway, my favorite part is the Joy Fit Club, if anyone is familiar with this they showcase people who have lost 100+ pounds. I love watching these segments, they are truly inspiring. And todays person was amazing, I got misty eyed looking at this lady, she lost 262 pounds!!! Without surgery! She went from a size 32 to a size 4. She said the 'a ha' moment came when she was a nanny for a couple, and one of the kids was wolfing down some mac n cheese, and the dad told the kid 'you are going to eat every day of your life, don't eat like this is your last meal' or something like that. I'll include the link below if you would like to read about her, her name is Veolia Gibson.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21627769...lub_MAIN_Apr08
Old 06-16-2008, 11:51 AM   #372  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedangel View Post
Glad you liked the brats. They are one of my faves! I had a turkey burger last night. Yummo! Just added some steak seasonings to it.

I tried the cottage cheese dip. I just can't choke that stuff down. I have yet to find a cottage cheese recipe that I like. But, glad you found something that works for you.
Have you tried it with the Hidden Valley fiesta ranch dip mix - its got a little kick to it.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:51 AM   #373  

Thanks Strawberry- that was a great story. I just love before and after storys and photos!! Means there is hope afterall. Just one day at a time, one pound at a time.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:55 AM   #374  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofboys View Post
You are such a rebel!! I think I may have to try the Kraft dressings - and I think I'll give the cottage cheese "dressing" a shot too. At this point I have to try something. I don't mind cooked veggies...and I don't mind raw ones either - just not so much! Has anyone tried the MRC "mayo" ? I love my mayo too and can't imagine eating tuna without a little. Like I said the lady at MRC scared me to death about eating off plan even a tiny bit!
I use Kraft Light Balsamic Vineagrette - it comes in a bottle (i marinate with it) and in packages that you can take with you in your purse. And Crystal is not too much of a rebel because I was told under 60 cal/serving under 3 grams of fat and under 3 carbs I think those are the numbers.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:02 PM   #375  
Bringin' Sexy Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryrhubarbpie View Post
Does anyone watch the Today show? I used to work weekends so I would watch it a lot, now I work tues-fri and can only watch in Monday mornings. Anyway, my favorite part is the Joy Fit Club, if anyone is familiar with this they showcase people who have lost 100+ pounds. I love watching these segments, they are truly inspiring. And todays person was amazing, I got misty eyed looking at this lady, she lost 262 pounds!!! Without surgery! She went from a size 32 to a size 4. She said the 'a ha' moment came when she was a nanny for a couple, and one of the kids was wolfing down some mac n cheese, and the dad told the kid 'you are going to eat every day of your life, don't eat like this is your last meal' or something like that. I'll include the link below if you would like to read about her, her name is Veolia Gibson.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21627769...lub_MAIN_Apr08
Thanks for sharing, I love inspirational stories...they keep me motivated to not turn back.
Closed Thread