Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 11:34 PM   #331  
Judy

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
My Personal Update..

WI first thing this AM and I was at 140! That was down 4.5 lbs since Monday. I guess that's what happens when you follow the program right! WOOOOHHOOOOOOOO. I'm so excited and like I said last night, it feels GREAT to be back on track again. I'm only 10lbs from my MRC goal, 20 from my personally set goal. This is the least I've weighed since 1992! OMG!!

Oh, when I saw the scale moving and 139 pass by I was so psyched. I know next time I weigh I will be in the 130s. I weighed 137 in 1991 and I can't believe I'm almost there again! The girl @ the center said "Just remember how great it felt when you saw that flash on the scale and keep that in mind as you continue on and STICK to the program"! She's right! It felt great and I was so excited!

Have a great Friday everyone.
Rocki: Way to go, little weight loss buddy! I haven't had much time to post, but wanted to make sure I congratulated you on this one. Here's hoping I'm just a few weeks behind you.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:57 PM   #332  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedangel View Post
How much was the shipping from the drwells site? I could never get it to show me... THANKS!!

OH...WI today. UP another freakin' 1/2 pound and I DON"T know why!!!!
The shipping was almost $10. But I ordered 10 boxes so it still saved me $20.
Old 06-14-2008, 01:36 AM   #333  
Bonnie

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiah View Post
Does anyone from colorado know where we can find the walden farms dressings?
Hi! I did a store search and it looks like Albertson's is a good bet on our side of town. Glad to see you doing so well!
Old 06-14-2008, 01:58 AM   #334  
Bonnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIBOUNDBY40 View Post
Also, has anyone gotten leg cramps on this. I had one the other day, but thought surely I was getting enough potassium with all the vitamins and minerals. Well, when I started looking at everything I was taking, there really wasn't much potassium in anything. And since I don't eat bannana's and milk right now, my main source of potassium has been depleted. Got some potassium pills this morning to get my level back up, but was wondering it this had happened to anyone else and if the centers had ever said anything about potassium. We just have a satteliete office, so we don't get to spend much one on one time with the counselors.
Thanks!
Missy
There was a discussion on leg cramps a while back. Broccoli is a good source of potassium that many of us seem to eat a lot of. Here is something I found on a google search with some other good sources - there's a few that are OP:
http://www.hoptechno.com/bookfoodsourceK.htm
Old 06-14-2008, 09:47 AM   #335  

S/C/G: 294/271/165

Height: 5"7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaze View Post
There was a discussion on leg cramps a while back. Broccoli is a good source of potassium that many of us seem to eat a lot of. Here is something I found on a google search with some other good sources - there's a few that are OP:
http://www.hoptechno.com/bookfoodsourceK.htm

Thanks Bomaze! I went to my Dr. yesterday because it was till ( well past time actually) to take care of this back problem of mine. While there, I discussed with him that I was doing Metabolic and was that ok. He said yes, it was fine if I could do it, since it's very restrictive. I told him so far, so good. He did say with this program to be sure to drink at least the 64 oz of water, and he would prefer I drank some more. He said it would be easy to get dehydrated on this program because it is so restrictive and a lot of people get their water through foods. So, just a heads up to everyone, DRINK YOUR WATER!! He said it would be find for me to take a potassium pill everyday. I'm going to check out the website now. I did see the other day where cantalope is high in potassium as well!!
Thanks!
Old 06-14-2008, 06:20 PM   #336  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 206/187.5/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIBOUNDBY40 View Post
Thanks Bomaze! I went to my Dr. yesterday because it was till ( well past time actually) to take care of this back problem of mine. While there, I discussed with him that I was doing Metabolic and was that ok. He said yes, it was fine if I could do it, since it's very restrictive. I told him so far, so good. He did say with this program to be sure to drink at least the 64 oz of water, and he would prefer I drank some more. He said it would be easy to get dehydrated on this program because it is so restrictive and a lot of people get their water through foods. So, just a heads up to everyone, DRINK YOUR WATER!!
Thanks for that info! There have been a few days that I have not gotten all my water in. I haven't found a good system yet. I think what I need is to go to a gas station and buy one of those big insulated mugs. I can't stand to drink luke warm water, it has to be ice cold, but once the ice starts melting I don't like the taste of it. So I'll fill a 25 ounce bottle, but before I get done with it, it's warm and yucky so I dump it out and start over again, so I really never know how much water I'm actually getting in.

Does anyone know if we can have Crystal Lite, and if that can replace some of the water?
Old 06-14-2008, 06:31 PM   #337  
Jennifer

Ok I just needed to say, THANK YOU MEEMO! Today I followed your advice to make my salad and I'm so happy. I cut up 8 ounces of just cucumbers, cauliflower and yellow peppers. I cut everything up into small bite size pieces instead of large chunks like I had been before. Then I took a tupperware bowl and put in it 2 teaspoons of olive oil (but I think we are only supposed to have 1?), about 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar, a couple of dashes of Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb, and 1 packet of splenda. Put the lid on the bowl, shake shake shake, put all the veggies in, shake shake shake, placed in fridge for about 2 hours and YUM-O! It was SOOO good! I was surprised at how good it was 'cause I don't like vinagrette dressing that much, but this was different. It was tangy and spicy and sweet all at the same time. And by not using any lettuce at all, it didn't seem like there was as much to eat. I'm so happy I found a way to eat my salads for lunch!!!
Old 06-14-2008, 08:08 PM   #338  

S/C/G: 294/271/165

Height: 5"7

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryrhubarbpie View Post
Thanks for that info! There have been a few days that I have not gotten all my water in. I haven't found a good system yet. I think what I need is to go to a gas station and buy one of those big insulated mugs. I can't stand to drink luke warm water, it has to be ice cold, but once the ice starts melting I don't like the taste of it. So I'll fill a 25 ounce bottle, but before I get done with it, it's warm and yucky so I dump it out and start over again, so I really never know how much water I'm actually getting in.

Does anyone know if we can have Crystal Lite, and if that can replace some of the water?
Your welcome. Do you have one of the MRC water bottles. I believe it is 32 oz, so I fill it up with ice and water before I leave in the morning, and then I do the same thing at lunch time. That way I know I'm getting my water in, plus I drink a glass of water first thing in the morning while I'm cooking my breakfast and then drink my HSN with my breakfast. It seems easier to me from that big water bottle, and it stays pretty cold with the ice. I like mine nice and cold too!!!
Old 06-14-2008, 08:55 PM   #339  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Crystal...The shipping to me for 12 boxes was $12. I think I'm going to order from the Bariatricchoice website instead. I never place the order the other night, so I'm going to do it tomorrow and research some more.

Salad eaters..I've been using Rice Vinegar (bought at an Asian grocery store) and I haven't added any oil and it's still really good. It's made special for salads. I had 2 kinds, one was "gourmet seasoning" and the other was just original. I really like it even without adding a sweetener.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:58 PM   #340  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Quote:

You can have Crystal Light (or certain diet sodas) - 16 oz starting on Day 5, 32 oz after day 10. It can't replace the water tho. I do know some people who've really watered down the Crystal Light so there's just a touch of flavor to the water. But when MRC says water, they mean plain water. And I've used the True Lemon or True Lime (it's lemon or lime flavored powder) in my water at times - I don't use a lot at all, just enough to give it a touch of flavor.

If your water has to be ice cold & you don't like melting ice, you might want to try just keeping a big jug of water in the fridge & pouring 8 oz or so at a time to drink. When I first started trying to drink more water a long time ago, I used to use the 8 oz glass method like this - I'd drink a glass or two first thing in the morning, then every time I'd use the bathroom I'd drink another 8 oz glass. Now if you work this might be a lot more difficult, I wasn't working when I did this. If there's a water cooler where you work, tho, you could keep an 8 or 10 oz glass or cup at your desk & do the same type thing. If you work an 8 hr day & drink a 10 oz glass once an hr, that's 80 oz right there.

These days, I like to keep a 32 oz styrofoam cup from Sonic or wherever - doesn't sweat & keeps the ice from melting so fast. But I don't mind drinking it as the ice melts. I've got a nice Nalgene bottle that works well too, but it does sweat when the weather's so hot.

Last edited by Meemo; 06-14-2008 at 10:15 PM.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:58 PM   #341  
get it girl

S/C/G: 191.5/173.5/155

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Ok I just needed to say, THANK YOU MEEMO! Today I followed your advice to make my salad and I'm so happy. I cut up 8 ounces of just cucumbers, cauliflower and yellow peppers.
Just a heads up--my center told me I had to stick to green peppers. They said red/orange/yellow are not on plan because they have more sugar. I was very disappointed after that.

Your salad combination sounds yummy, though--I'm going to have to try it!!
Old 06-14-2008, 11:31 PM   #342  
Jennifer

Meemo, I just looked at your myspace page, do you really live in Florida?Thanks for the tips on the water, I like the styrofoam cup idea, and also drinking just 8 ounces at a time, not sure why I think I have to drink 20 or 30 at a time lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldon07 View Post
Just a heads up--my center told me I had to stick to green peppers. They said red/orange/yellow are not on plan because they have more sugar. I was very disappointed after that.
Yeah I was wondering about the yellow peppers because they are sweet (that's why I like them lol) but I never asked because my center because the menu just says 'peppers' so I just assumed they were ok.

And Rocki, thanks for the tip about the rice vinegar! I need to go to the asian store anyway to get some stuff for hubby (he likes to cook chinese dishes alot) so I can pick some up then.
Old 06-14-2008, 11:33 PM   #343  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Quote:
Meemo, I just looked at your myspace page, do you really live in Florida?Thanks for the tips on the water, I like the styrofoam cup idea, and also drinking just 8 ounces at a time, not sure why I think I have to drink 20 or 30 at a time lol.
Yep, I really do. Some people refer to it as L.A. (Lower Alabama) but it's Florida I'm in the Panhandle. Love it here.

Thanks for the reminder about my myspace page - I needed to change my music - now it's done!

Last edited by Meemo; 06-14-2008 at 11:39 PM.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:49 AM   #344  
Dixie

Height: 5'3"

Fathers Day weekend is proving to be a challenge for me. Yesterday we BBQ'd at my daughters house and although bless her heart she tried to accomodate me with like foods as other folks were eating, today I am feeling poorly with water bloat. It makes my bones ache when I get like that. She purchsed special for me some lower in fat turkey brats, she also had potato salad and baked beans, the only thing for me to eat on plan was lettuce and tomatoe's so I ate small portions of the beans and one brat. I am finding that "regular" processed foods with all those additives, sugar etc makes me feel ill when I ate it. The flavors taste really over powering now. Today a cook out for the other side of the family, I have 4 hours to come up with a mindset and plan that allows me to stay OP during a family function without frustration. The one thing I dread are the comments of is that all you're eating, oh I could never stick to that plan, etc..... regardless I love this plan and do NOT want to stray from it, especially after how yesterday's food made me feel. I need to learn to better prepare for social situations involving food, our families have so many of them that it is causing me great concern at this point. I WILL NOT BUCKLE TO PEER PRESSURE !!!!!
Old 06-15-2008, 11:16 AM   #345  
Jennifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRiley View Post
Today a cook out for the other side of the family, I have 4 hours to come up with a mindset and plan that allows me to stay OP during a family function without frustration. The one thing I dread are the comments of is that all you're eating, oh I could never stick to that plan, etc..... regardless I love this plan and do NOT want to stray from it, especially after how yesterday's food made me feel. I need to learn to better prepare for social situations involving food, our families have so many of them that it is causing me great concern at this point. I WILL NOT BUCKLE TO PEER PRESSURE !!!!!
Can you prepare a salad at home to take with you to the bbq? Or if the meal is around dinner time, prepare some steamed veggies to take with you, to have with the turkey sausage or a chicken breast. And bring a couple of HNS's with you. Don't let the comments get you down, let them give you strength to do better. It's sad how people try to sabotoge your efforts like that.
Closed Thread