Old 11-27-2007, 12:23 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 205/153/155

Height: 5'7"

OMG- you should see the spread in the lounge---really great stuff in there. I am going to have to eat my lunch in my room. Homemade pretzels, all these soups, rice, cheese dip, desserts galore. Wish they would do this on a day I am not here. Boo hooo...... BUT, nothing tastes as good as thin feels! I will be strong, just needed to whine a little. Thanks for listening!
graduatethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:53 PM   #107  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Stay strong graduate!
sending some your way.
Goal4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 02:48 PM   #108  
Amy

S/C/G: 248/177/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal4Life View Post
Ok, so I did it, the first time in my life that I have lost any kind of weight over Thanksgiving! I got to sign the 25 pound board, and I fit into those desired, size smaller jeans over the holiday!!!
You rock!!!! Congrats on this milestone!!!!!
losingweightnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 02:55 PM   #109  
Bringin' Sexy Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by losingweightnow View Post
You rock!!!! Congrats on this milestone!!!!!
Thanks so much! I feel on cloud 9 today.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:58 PM   #110  
Bringin' Sexy Back

Has anyone been told by friends and family that you were/are losing weight to quickly? I have about 3 meddling family members that think 3-5 pounds a week is to much to quickly. They are stuck I think on the ww idea that you should lose 1-2 pounds per week. They have shrugged off my loss as temporary, and think it is not safe. They are constantly asking how I feel and if I am doing ok.
What is everyone's take on this, and do you have a good response that I can give them?

Last edited by Goal4Life; 11-27-2007 at 02:59 PM.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:00 PM   #111  

Goal4Life: Thanks so much for the I needed that! I made it through lunch with out a lick, taste or sip! Yeah! I weigh in tonight-- I hope I am rewarded! Yeah for you getting into those smaller jeans! I am wearing a pair of pants today that will need to be retired after today, the waist is all bunched up with my belt.

I started back at the Y last night- I could not believe how different it felt on the treadmill with less weight. Now, if I can keep this exercise plan going, I will be moving quickly towards my goal. I felt better last night and slept better, too. I was really hungry by lunch time today, though. I may need to up my HNS and have one mid morning.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:04 PM   #112  

Goal4Life: am not sure what you should say to them, you may just have to wait and let them see your success. I guess you could explain what you know about the stabilization and maintenance part of the program. I don't know much about it except that they do it. My mom has made a few similar comments and it just makes me more determined to prove her wrong.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:05 PM   #113  
Bringin' Sexy Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by graduatethin View Post
I started back at the Y last night- I could not believe how different it felt on the treadmill with less weight. Now, if I can keep this exercise plan going, I will be moving quickly towards my goal. I felt better last night and slept better, too.
Congrats on starting back up at the Y. I have to get back to my walking schedule, the long weekend out of town messed it all up. I will begin again tomorrow morning. Mornings are best for me for workouts. Evenings are way to rushed with kiddos homework, dinner, etc etc.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:10 PM   #114  
Bringin' Sexy Back

Ok, so I am on a roll today. Does anyone have a good twist on something pepperminty? Of course, the office is now getting filled with those cute little peppermint mini candy canes. They seem so harmless, but I know are filled with sugar only LOL.

Last edited by Goal4Life; 11-27-2007 at 03:10 PM.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:25 PM   #115  

We are working hard today aren't we, Goal4Life! I used to always work out in the morning, but having to get up to make breakfast and get my lunch ready takes too much time, I cannot get up any earlier and I am a morning person. So, I decided to give it a try and it wasn't bad, may have even had more energy. I know what you mean about evenings are too busy. My kids are getting a little older, but still needy.

As far as the peppermint thing goes, I can only think of adding some peppermint flavoring to your hot chocolate or something. I am not a big peppermint fan, so not too appealing to me.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:47 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 232.6/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Goal4Life: My response to people who think that 3-5 lbs. is too fast, is that it is completely safe and effective because they are monitoring the level of lean body mass to make sure we are not losing muscle, and really targeting the fat.

If we were starving ourselves and losing weight rapidly - then we would be losing muscle and fat.

About the peppermint thing - I was thinking of adding peppermint flavoring to the chocolate creamy pudding. OR - What about just some peppermint decaf tea??
Raemi13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 03:54 PM   #117  
Bringin' Sexy Back

Thanks for some of the peppermint ideas. I have occasionally drank the peppermint tea. Which is pretty good. I might have to try some extract in my hot chocolate.
I have used the monitoring thing on the relatives, but, seems they are just to negative to see the good. Aaah well, I will just let em' stew until I have lost to my goal, then see what they have to say.

Last edited by Goal4Life; 11-27-2007 at 03:55 PM.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:29 PM   #118  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Quote:
Has anyone been told by friends and family that you were/are losing weight to quickly? I have about 3 meddling family members that think 3-5 pounds a week is to much to quickly. They are stuck I think on the ww idea that you should lose 1-2 pounds per week. They have shrugged off my loss as temporary, and think it is not safe. They are constantly asking how I feel and if I am doing ok.
What is everyone's take on this, and do you have a good response that I can give them?
Well, we really are programmed to believe that anything more than 2 lbs/week isn't safe, that's what "they" tell us.
Just tell them not to worry, you feel fine (assuming you do) and that it'll slow down after awhile (it will).
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 08:35 PM   #119  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Quote:
Ok, so I am on a roll today. Does anyone have a good twist on something pepperminty? Of course, the office is now getting filled with those cute little peppermint mini candy canes. They seem so harmless, but I know are filled with sugar only LOL.
I like to add some mint flavoring to my hot cocoa HNS & coffee (for a mint mocha kinda like Starbuck's). Mint herb tea is also nice. I've also added a little fresh mint to my cottage cheese & fruit, mint extract would also work.
Speaking of tea, if you like hot tea & can find "Candy Cane Lane" tea (I think it's a Celestial Seasonings flavor but I'm not sure) it's wonderful!
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:33 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'6

Thank you Nan and Donuts. I appreciate you so much. I am doing so much better now that the holiday has passed and things are back to normal.

Donuts thank you for the recipe too. Sounds great.

Goal4Life: I just tried some new tea. It is yogi tea and it is mayan cocoa spice. It is a little minty and leaves you with a cookie aftertaste. Strange, but good. You might give it a try.

Glad you are all doing well. Love hearing about the successes. Way to be.
SpringfieldAmy is offline   Reply With Quote