Old 11-29-2007, 10:43 AM   #166  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Carolr... You can do this plan via mail order, you can call the nearest location to you, and they will discuss it with you. Not sure what all it entails.

Hvnly... I just want to say thank you for your inspiration. Keep truckin' along, you are awesome, and look at the pounds you have lost! And to quote Jant and Donuts....think of all the fistfuls of fat that you lost! If my math is right.. help me out, but is it 160 fistfuls?! Take a mental picture of that one, and that should make you smile all weekend!

Last edited by Goal4Life; 11-29-2007 at 10:46 AM.
Goal4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:55 AM   #167  

S/C/G: 178.5/168/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi carolr3639! MRC has a mail-order plan where you can buy your stuff and they mail it to you, you get your counseling by phone. I think you may still have to weigh in occasionally. Call your nearest center and ask about it. Good luck!
Mary V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 11:00 AM   #168  

S/C/G: 178.5/168/140

Sam - This really is a long-term thing. The setbacks can really get me down, too. I just try to keep it in perspective and keep moving forward, like you're doing. You have a great attitude and I know you'll make it!
Mary V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 11:58 AM   #169  
East Texas

S/C/G: 241.5/178/182

Height: 5'10"

Do you know one of the things I absolutely love about this group? We all contribute different things, just like in life...some contribute words of wisdom, temporary setbacks, encouragement, CONGRATULATIONS when the big losses come (and the little losses), tips on staying on plan, inspirational moments, and heartache or humor through it all. Everybody that posts brings something new to the table, and I LOVE THIS GROUP!

namaste - You're my new shero (as Oprah put it yesterday!) I have one hero and many sheroes here, but your ability to put things into perspective and make it through the holiday, willpower intact, and come back 9 1/2 pounds thinner is AMAZING! Congratulations to you!!!

shineon - Thank you for always including everyone in your posts. I have always been hesitant to do so because I'm so afraid that I'll forget somebody that I tend not to respond to anyone. You, however, are like the mothership, so I just wanted to say 'thank you.' We all need to know that we're being seen, and you do that daily.

donuts - hide your eyes for just a moment....no peeking...are they closed? ...okay, girls, I've got sort of a problem. I am getting lopsided...one b**b is a whole cupsize larger than the other b**b. What the heck?!? I never had that problem BEFORE I gained all of this weight. Okay, quit laughing....I'm serious!

donuts - Okay, you can look again! I never complimented you on your Christmas picture with your family, BTW. I saw your original picture that you posted with your little boy, and you look COMPLETELY different now! (I thought you were pretty cute before!) Okay, girls, I'll just say what you are all thinking...YOU LOOK HOT!! You are so inspirational, you are so funny, and you bring SO many wonderful things to this group.

I stayed RIGHT on plan Thanksgiving Day, cooked for my family completely different things, and then we went to Shreveport, LA the day after for some shopping. It was the first time I tried to eat out and not take my food with me. I thought I made good choices, but gained 1 whole pound that day. It took three days to take it back off (I have a Tanita scale at home.) I only had 32 oz. of water that day, made good FOOD choices, and (warning - confession ahead) had three sips of a Bloody Mary. I don't remember who it was (sorry) that was saying that they never craved alcohol before, but those three sips were the BEST I'VE EVER TASTED IN MY LIFE, and I'm not a drinker! So...I paid for them, got back on program, and I'm back on my merry way down this journey. hvnlymzic - your analyses are always dead on, and I loved your analysis of the journey that we're on. You, my friend, are inspirational in all aspects of your journey!!!

I SO wanted to have hit 30 pounds lost by December 1, but last week's three little sips of that blankety-blank Bloody Mary kinda set me back. I lost another pound on Tuesday, so I have another weigh-in tomorrow to ALMOST be there. Good luck to all on weigh-ins this week.
chopingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 12:20 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 193/148.5/145

Ok, after a couple months of lurking in this site, I am finally posting. I have been OP for about 2 1/2 months and am very happy with the program. I have lost 30 lbs. as of this morning and am finding the plan easy enough to do. I am sure I can stay OP, but I know the weight loss will slow down as I get closer to my goal.

I have been very inspired by many of you. I started reading on the first site, and it took me a couple of weeks to get caught up. I tried registering before but something about the spam blocker kept me out - I think I have that fixed now. I just want you all to know that you are encouraging and supportive and I thank you.
feelinbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 01:07 PM   #171  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopingirl View Post
Do you know one of the things I absolutely love about this group? We all contribute different things, just like in life...some contribute words of wisdom, temporary setbacks, encouragement, CONGRATULATIONS when the big losses come (and the little losses), tips on staying on plan, inspirational moments, and heartache or humor through it all. Everybody that posts brings something new to the table, and I LOVE THIS GROUP!
okay, girls, I've got sort of a problem. I am getting lopsided...one b**b is a whole cupsize larger than the other b**b. What the heck?!? I never had that problem BEFORE I gained all of this weight. Okay, quit laughing....I'm serious!
I only had 32 oz. of water that day, made good FOOD choices, and (warning - confession ahead) had three sips of a Bloody Mary. I don't remember who it was (sorry) that was saying that they never craved alcohol before, but those three sips were the BEST I'VE EVER TASTED IN MY LIFE, and I'm not a drinker! So...I paid for them, got back on program, and I'm back on my merry way down this journey.
I saw yesterday's Oprah! Thank you for the nice compliment.... a Shero! You're the best!
I don't have an answer for the lopsided b**b issue, but you sure found a humorous way of bringing it up! Hopefully someone can provide some insight!
I'm sure only having 32 oz of water had a lot to do with it! Also, as long as you TRULY enjoyed the bloody mary (which is sounds like you did), no biggie! Move on, and it sounds like you are... so great job... you enjoyed it, and you didn't beat yourself up! Congratulations! You're already back to losing!! 30 lbs!!!! Look out!

Last edited by namaste; 11-29-2007 at 01:15 PM.
namaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 01:14 PM   #172  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelinbetter View Post
Ok, after a couple months of lurking in this site, I am finally posting. I have been OP for about 2 1/2 months and am very happy with the program. I have lost 30 lbs. as of this morning and am finding the plan easy enough to do. I am sure I can stay OP, but I know the weight loss will slow down as I get closer to my goal.

I have been very inspired by many of you. I started reading on the first site, and it took me a couple of weeks to get caught up. I tried registering before but something about the spam blocker kept me out - I think I have that fixed now. I just want you all to know that you are encouraging and supportive and I thank you.
Well, welcome to you! Congratulations on your loss of 30 lbs! You've done an amazing job! I look forward to getting to know you and share in your experiences!
Old 11-29-2007, 01:28 PM   #173  

S/C/G: 232.6/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone!

Quick question - I know that seasonings are allowed, but is taco seasoning one of those? Or what about chile seasoning - like to make a chile con carne or something like that? Salt is not the FIRST ingredient, but there is some in there.

Thanks!
Rae
Raemi13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 01:33 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 232.6/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

jantdieting - Did your co-worker say why she quit MRC? What was she missing so bad that she didn't want to keep going with it? Any ideas? I'm always curious as to why people quit...especially if it's working and doing what the plan is supposed to be doing.

shineon - Way to go on the heavy suitcase!!! It's amazing what we walk around with day in and day out and not notice how hard it is until it's off of our own bodies!
Raemi13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 02:02 PM   #175  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raemi13 View Post
Hi everyone!

Quick question - I know that seasonings are allowed, but is taco seasoning one of those? Or what about chile seasoning - like to make a chile con carne or something like that? Salt is not the FIRST ingredient, but there is some in there.

Thanks!
Rae
I was told you can use the low sodium taco seasoning.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:05 PM   #176  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopingirl View Post
I thought I made good choices, but gained 1 whole pound that day. It took three days to take it back off (I have a Tanita scale at home.) I only had 32 oz. of water that day, made good FOOD choices, and (warning - confession ahead) had three sips of a Bloody Mary. I don't remember who it was (sorry) that was saying that they never craved alcohol before, but those three sips were the BEST I'VE EVER TASTED IN MY LIFE, and I'm not a drinker! So...I paid for them, got back on program, and I'm back on my merry way down this journey.
I'm guessing that it was more the lack of water that made you gain a lb of water than the bloody mary (although that probably contributed a little). When we're used to drinking so much water, our bodies really know when we miss a day or two. Combine that with some additional carbs & voila - water retention.
And hey - at least you enjoyed the bloody mary! And more importantly made good choices otherwise
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 02:40 PM   #177  

Height: 5'6''

A big warm welcome to you, feelinbetter! You're doing great so far. I'm glad you were lurking for a while (you can learn from doing that...I lurk alot of other boards around here), but I especially glad that you stepped out and joined the family!
Rae - I always season tacos with my own seasonings...its amazing what some chilli powder, paprika and cumin will do! But if you're not into that, definitely go with the low sodium blend...OR...rinse your own portion of meat before you eat it. It won't get out the cooked in flavors, but it'll take off anything floating on the surface.
Thanks to namaste, goal4life, mary and chopin for their encouragement. The only part of the journey I left out is the wonderful travel companions that I have on this plan (or are you all the pit crew?)
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 03:44 PM   #178  
Denise

Ok, I've got a question for you all.... actually it's more of a "survey/preference" question....
When you drink your HNS, do you put them in 8oz of water only or do you go for more? I personally put them in 24-32oz of water when I drink them because they are usually so sweet (to me anyway).
Also, do you count that towards your water intake for the day?
Just curious.... maybe I'm a bit bored too.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:48 PM   #179  

S/C/G: 205/153/155

I have been "lurking" the last few days-- I wi on Tuesday and i was up 1.5- that was a little disappointing, but I think that over the long weekend I had missed a couple of things- fruit, bread, water.... it is much easier when my life is in its routine. Oh well.....my scale looks better today, we will see when I wi tomorrow. I haven't gained for a long time - but they also weighed me on Friday morning vs. afternoon when I normally wi. I am not going to fret about it anymore- as you all have said- dust myself off and get back on the fat burnin' train. I have been to the Y two times this week, so hopefully that will help too. You are all so encouraging and I second the person who said she wished she could remember everyone and to say something to each of them, because this is definitely a joint effort- I need you all and I think we all need each other! Thanks!!
graduatethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 03:51 PM   #180  

S/C/G: 205/153/155

I only do the 6 oz or whatever the package says-- I know they are very sweet, but I kind look at it as my treat after lunch- ha! And, I do count that as part of my water intake.
graduatethin is offline   Reply With Quote