Old 12-12-2016, 12:51 PM   #61  
Jesus, I trust in You

Height: 5' 2"

TWINCA ~ Woohoo!!!

11 pounds - that is fantastic!!!

Thank you for sharing your menu. It keeps you accountable! I journal all mine, but will try to post each a few times a week.

Oh, you asked about the ham. Yes salt and fat content are probably the reason they are not on list. However carbs are nil...so I would definitely indulge. Just be careful if a sugar glaze - you don't want to arouse any sugar cravings (I typed crazings ...haha, but really that is what it is!!!)

Everybody be sane during the holiday madness. Remember we can be on plan or not...this time will pass anyway! Come January 1 - we will be already be prepared for victory!!!

This is the gift we give ourselves - the scale will reward us! -
MorningGlory1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 02:17 PM   #62  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningGlory1950 View Post
TWINCA ~ Woohoo!!!

... sugar cravings (I typed crazings ...haha, but really that is what it is!!!)
CRAZINGS! I think it's my new favorite word
cbi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 06:08 PM   #63  

Thank you for sharing menus. I like seeing them and sharing mine. I am doing fine and have not weighed again yet. I was talking to a friend and she told me she had tried Wonderslim before and had some left over foods. She sold me what she had left, which was one grocery bag full of random things, for $10! There were 36 meals so I feel like I got a good deal. There is a wide variety too.

Here is my food for today.

6am - coffee with half & half (for extra calories, doctor required 1200)
7 - WS fluffy pancakes with sugar free syrup. This was very good! Another cup of coffee with cream with this for breakfast.
10 - WS lemon bar, so yummy
12 - WS chicken noodle soup. I really do not like this. It feels like I drank a cup of broth and ate 3 noodles. I looked on the nutrition and it is only 70 calories and 6 carbs so I am counting this like a MF snack instead of a meal. I had another coffee with cream after this, I was starving.

I will probably do another bar at 3 and a pudding or a MF hot cocoa at bed time. I think I will go to the deli and pick up a nice big salad for dinner, with lots of veggies and greens, some roasted turkey and grated cheese. How do I find a low carb dressing? I know most of you are doing the strict MF but I have to add the dressing for the calories, but don't want any extra carbs. I could buy the salad and then go to the grocery section to buy my own dressing, if someone has a 0 carb one they recommend.
StephGetsHealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 10:13 PM   #64  

So, dressing is funny. We're so used using bottled stuff when it's pretty simple to make our own. A dash of olive oil, some salt, pepper, garlic and/or cumin? Delish, doesn't taste "diety" and no carbs. I've also used salsa and/or guacamole. I make my own Caesar dressing too based on a Food & Wine Mag recipe, not sure how many servings, but I 1/2 the recipe and I still gt 8 tablespoons out of it, and based on your taste, you could get away with 1 on your salad.

INGREDIENTS

1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Salt
1 large egg yolk
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
cbi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 10:15 PM   #65  
Jesus, I trust in You

StephGetsHealthy ~ I am so glad you are doing well! On the WonderSlim program, there are various adaptations. Just go on their website, there is an explanation. I did the 7 and 1...WS recommends only 1 bar per day. I really liked the taste of their food, too. You got a great deal!
I have a lot of their food and plan to use it when I transition (I am aiming for April, 2017).

As far as salad dressing goes, Medifast says 5 grams of fat and no more than 5 grams of carbs.
I really like the Hidden Valley Yogurt Creamy Caesar ...meets the requirements and is really good! But there are many others to choose...just read the labels. 60 calories and 3 carbs for 2 Tablespoons (one serving) and depending upon the protein you choose, you get 0, 1, or 2 servings.
If you are just looking to up your calories without the carbs, you'll see plenty of choices.

Oh, I am glad you stayed away from the scale!
Old 12-12-2016, 11:03 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 232/228/160

Height: 5'11"

I love Kraft Roka Blue Cheese dressing. I was elated to find 1 Tbsp = 1 healthy fat on the "official" Medifast list. That said, that yummy tablespoon of goodness sets you back 60 cals, 6 g of fat and 0.5 g carbs according to MyFitnessPal. The fat level is slightly higher than what Joyce wrote, but I'm assuming 1 extra gram will occasionally be worth it.

I've heard Walden Farms is good. It has 0 everything...0 carbs, 0 fat, 0 calories. All varieties. Kinda makes you wonder what the heck it is, though, right?

Soooo, you know what happened today? Someone asked if I had lost weight! Best feeling!

Medifast Day 13 - Food for the day:

1. French vanilla shake
2. Honey mustard pretzels
3. Berry crunch cereal.
4. Chicken noodle soup.
5. S'mores crunch bar
6. (Snack) Parmesan crisps

Dinner: Taco salad (surprise, surprise)

New Medifast order goes in on Wednesday for the next 4+ weeks--takes a week for delivery to CA, and I'm not risking even slower Xmas-time delivery delays. I'm ordering boxes of things that I've tried and liked, and individual packs of things I have not yet tried. This is what it's looking like as of tonight (I'm kinda excited!):

Dutch Chocolate Shake Box 2
French Vanilla Shake Box 1
Strawberry Shake Box 1
Cinnamon Pretzel Sticks Box 2
Sour Cream & Chive Mashed Potatoes Box 2
Chicken Flavored Noodle Soup Box 2
Ziti Marinara Box 1
Beef Vegetable Soup Box 1
Caramel Crunch Bar Box 1
Oatmeal Raisin Crunch Bar Box 1
Peanut Butter Crunch Bar Box 1
S'more Crunch Bar Box 1
Chocolate Crunch Bar Box 1
Apple Cinnamon Crisps Box 1
Rosemary Sea Salt Crackers Box 1
Multigrain Crackers Box 1
Cheddar & Sour Cream Popcorn Box 2
Beef Stew (Flavors of Home) Box 1
Turkey Meatball Marinara (Flavors of Home) Box 1

Cinnamon & Brown Sugar Cereal Crunch Each 1
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Each 1
Blueberry Oatmeal Each 1
Peach Oatmeal Each 1
Pineapple Mango Smoothie Each 1
Hot Cocoa Each 1
BBQ Bites Each 1
Cheese Pizza Bites Each 1
Parmesan Cheese Puffs Each 1
Blueberry Muffin Soft Bake Each 1
Peanut Butter Soft Serve Each 1
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Chewy Bar Each 1
Chocolate Mint Crunch Bar Each 1
Cinnamon Roll Crunch Bar Each 1
Fruit & Nut Crunch Bar Each 1
Lemon Meringue Crunch Bar Each 1
Strawberry Crunch Bar Each 1
Garlic Mashed Potatoes Each 1
Hearty Vegetarian Sloppy Joe Each 1
Macaroni & Cheese Each 1
Vegetable Chili Each 1
Tomato Basil Bisque Each 1
Wild Rice & Chicken Flavored Soup Each 1
Barbecue Crisps Each 1

Essential1: 30-Day Supplement Bundle Kit 1

I'm going to have a little Medifast smorgasbord in my pantry! Should be enough to satisfy all my "crazings"!!!

Last edited by TWINCA; 12-12-2016 at 11:12 PM.
TWINCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 10:48 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 232/228/160

Height: 5'11"

Hopefully I didn't scare everyone off by my crazy long post yesterday!

Medifast Day 14 check-in:

6:00 - French Vanilla Shake
8:00 - Honey mustard pretzels - these are slowly growing on me, but still like the cinnamon ones better.
10:00 - Mixed berry crunch
12:00 - Ziti marinara
3:00 - oatmeal raisin crunch bar
6:00 - Salad with lettuce, chicken breast chunks, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, and a dash of Roka blue cheese dressing. I was so FULL, I couldn't even eat it all.

Going to try to hold off weighing-in for another few days, but fingers crossed.

Have a great night everyone!
TWINCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 10:54 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 234/144.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone ~

Gosh so many of you are doing terrific.

I'm on day 3 (again)!!!!!

I've been on and off Medifast since September. Just can't get in the groove for more than a few months then I fall off --- the day before Thanksgiving was my last day I was 100% on plan. The deal is when I stop and start I keep having to do those first 3 days again....day 3 always being my hardest. Why oh why can't I just STAY ON PLAN???

So the past is the past....I am on day 3 and I will conquer it. One thing I'm doing differently this time is that I am only going to weigh 1x per week. No more jumping off and on the scale at all times during the week and letting that decide my success. I truly made myself crazy (and my DH too!)

My mindset today is: Stay on plan and repeat exactly what I did yesterday. No wavering...

Karen
kwalk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 10:59 AM   #69  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWINCA View Post
Hopefully I didn't scare everyone off by my crazy long post yesterday!

Medifast Day 14 check-in:

6:00 - French Vanilla Shake
8:00 - Honey mustard pretzels - these are slowly growing on me, but still like the cinnamon ones better.
10:00 - Mixed berry crunch
12:00 - Ziti marinara
3:00 - oatmeal raisin crunch bar
6:00 - Salad with lettuce, chicken breast chunks, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, and a dash of Roka blue cheese dressing. I was so FULL, I couldn't even eat it all.

Going to try to hold off weighing-in for another few days, but fingers crossed.

Have a great night everyone!
TWINCA ~

I enjoyed reading your posts. Love your energy.

I'm just getting back on the bandwagon so appreciate your time to post what you have.

I really like reading what your meals look like throughout the day, especially the L&G since I tend to eat the same thing over and over.

I've been on and off the scale too, so know what you mean about holding off.

May today be a 100% OP day for you!

Karen
Old 12-14-2016, 11:46 AM   #70  
Jesus, I trust in You

kwalk50 ~ Yea, you found us!

Yes, the energy is remarkable here! Everyday someone chimes in with a word of encouragement, a menu or MF order (TWINCA, thank you!) or just a daily observation of life's ups and downs!!!

We are all making our way through this lovely Christmas holiday, enjoying the sights and sounds - knowing we will survive and prosper in a season known for its culinary ? array of sweets, or "crazings" as we have coined here!!!

So you will fit right in as we take one day, one minute, one moment succeeding on our food programs...be it Medifast, WonderSlim or any adaptation thereof!

(Oh, and I believe once a week weigh-ins are the way to go for my sanity, too!) Accountability is key...we can be accountable to each other and report our weigh-ins here!

Last edited by MorningGlory1950; 12-14-2016 at 11:49 AM.
Old 12-14-2016, 11:52 AM   #71  
Jesus, I trust in You

cbi3 ~ Thank you for the salad dressing recipe...I will definitely try it! ...and all your other suggestions! See, we need this interaction - it makes this eating plan adventurous!!!
Old 12-14-2016, 11:58 AM   #72  
Jesus, I trust in You

TWINCA - I loved that you posted your upcoming order! I do the same thing: order boxes and individual packets. That way you don't have a whole box of something that you really do not like, plus it is a potpourri of unique flavors. To me it is like a grab bag of fun!
When that box comes, it is truly like Christmas!!! May I suggest the Cookie Dough chewy bar, too, if you haven't tried it? Both that one and the Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Chewy Bar are my favorites!
Old 12-14-2016, 12:12 PM   #73  
Jesus, I trust in You

For everyone, in case you haven't heard, on YouTube there is a contributor by the name of Metallica Mom who creates phenomenal concoctions just using two, three or four Medifast packets! And you have additional meals to save for later! Example is Lava Cake!!! It is worth checking out! She also reviews the products, even the new Optavia line. She is a health coach, but in no way are you solicited, nor does she flaunt her connection to MF! I love her channel.

There is another Medifast coach on YouTube named Brianna (just do a search) who is so honest...lost so much on MF the first time, then admitted her weight gain and is now back to losing again - very inspirational.

I use every trick of the trade in keeping myself on track with this program. Plus I take advantage of all the threads on 3fatchicks. There are contests (just check out "Chicks on a Challenge" Under main category Support Groups - you post your weekly weight on the thread (easy) and the final weigh in is on Christmas Day or your weekly weigh in day. The prize is a sticker that you can attach to your signature! Really fun - currently I am in first place ( I had an advantage, though, I had just started MF when it started, so I had an 8.8 pound loss the first week!) The new one she will start will definitely be challenging!

Plus, there is a Beck discussion group (Judith Beck wrote a cognitive behavior therapy book as it relates to binge eating.) Very informative and helpful.

Just some additional ideas for handling our emotional eating... for me it is nighttime - so I do this instead.

Have a great Wednesday...minute by minute, moment by moment...we shall overcome!!!

Last edited by MorningGlory1950; 12-14-2016 at 12:17 PM.
Old 12-14-2016, 01:05 PM   #74  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningGlory1950 View Post
For everyone, in case you haven't heard, on YouTube there is a contributor by the name of Metallica Mom who creates phenomenal concoctions just using two, three or four Medifast packets! And you have additional meals to save for later! Example is Lava Cake!!! It is worth checking out! She also reviews the products, even the new Optavia line. She is a health coach, but in no way are you solicited, nor does she flaunt her connection to MF! I love her channel.

There is another Medifast coach on YouTube named Brianna (just do a search) who is so honest...lost so much on MF the first time, then admitted her weight gain and is now back to losing again - very inspirational.

I use every trick of the trade in keeping myself on track with this program. Plus I take advantage of all the threads on 3fatchicks. There are contests (just check out "Chicks on a Challenge" Under main category Support Groups - you post your weekly weight on the thread (easy) and the final weigh in is on Christmas Day or your weekly weigh in day. The prize is a sticker that you can attach to your signature! Really fun - currently I am in first place ( I had an advantage, though, I had just started MF when it started, so I had an 8.8 pound loss the first week!) The new one she will start will definitely be challenging!

Plus, there is a Beck discussion group (Judith Beck wrote a cognitive behavior therapy book as it relates to binge eating.) Very informative and helpful.

Just some additional ideas for handling our emotional eating... for me it is nighttime - so I do this instead.

Have a great Wednesday...minute by minute, moment by moment...we shall overcome!!!
Joyce ~

This is great stuff. Wow - I never knew this info existed. Thank you for taking the time to research and post it for us.

Emotional eating is so hard for me, too. Mine hits mid-afternoon so this time around I am switching the L&G for lunchtime to see if that makes a difference. When the L&G satisfies me I tend not to think about food so much. And, now that you've given me plenty of reading I plan to read my way through the evenings if the emotional eating creeps in then.

I'm well into day 3 and I actually feel like the fat burning is kicking in already since I don't have that manic desire to open the pantry and look at all the stuff and I can't eat!! Hello self-sabotage Once I am into fat burning that self-defeating stuff seems to get pushed further back in my brain.

OP and staying strong!
Old 12-14-2016, 07:01 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 192/182/150

Height: 5'8"

I am loving this thread - thanks so much for all of your tips and encouragement. I am a newbie (Day 2) on Take Shape for Life/Medifast. Since this is a round 2 page, I was wondering if you could offer some feedback of what works and doesn't work. Two major questions:

1. I would like to commit to a fitness routine to go hand-in-hand with my new dietary lifestyle change. Routine is good for me... They say not to work out in the first few weeks as your body adjusts. Would I be totally crazy to do small workouts at the gym during my first few days on plan? Could that potentially set me up for failure?

2. For those of you that have been through the program before and kept the weight off for a bit... Once you lose the weight and work with your coach through transition, can you then switch to a calorie in/calorie out mentality? Meaning, if I lose my 40 pounds and transition back to "real food" can I then just monitor calories rather than specific carbs/fat/etc? Or does the long-term success of the weight loss depend on a low carb diet forever?

I've read about the above online, but would love to hear about your experiences about what worked/didn't work. This is such a great community. Thanks!
naturamom is offline   Reply With Quote