Old 01-06-2017, 02:03 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 234/144.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Just some random stuff that's been going through my head this morning...

I'm always so mindful while on Medifast HOW MUCH FOOD I used to consume mindlessly. It is MY struggle that comes to the forefront since starting Medifast . Now, I'm finding myself so aware of HOW MUCH FOOD everyone else eats! It's crazy!

I went grocery shopping yesterday. I can't believe the stuff on the shelves, in the middle of the floor, the bakery...piles and piles of junk food! No wonder we all struggle.

My own struggle with food began at about age 45, I'm 50 now. I never used to think about weight, what I was eating, how many carbs I was consuming, etc. I never gained weight and just stayed my normal healthy weight. The good part is I can really see what happened between ages 45 and 50. I work from home and I began grazing...all day long AND I stopped exercising. I also stopped making a healthy breakfast and lunch for myself and started warming easy stuff up. I began craving all the stuff that is NOT healthy. I gave into the cravings time and time again and then bad food became my new normal. It didn't happen overnight...but over a 5 year time-frame I put on well over 75 lbs.

So in 2015 when I had about 50lb to lose I joined a gym and was somewhat successful but never connected that 90% of dieting is what you put in your mouth not how long you were on the treadmill. I'd even reward myself with bad food after working out! I did a bunch of yo-yo dieting from 2015 - Aug 2016 and ended up putting on more weight. On September 5, 2016 I was resolved to find something that I could stick to and find some support with. On September 16, 2016 I began Medifast.

I fell off the Medifast plan hard during Thanksgiving and eventually made a U-turn and headed in the right direction again. I am so glad that I've had the support of a niece who has successfully lost over 150lbs. on Medifast and helped me find my way back. I also searched for an online forum which landed me here so that I could read about other's journey's on Medifast and share my journey, too.

I woke up this morning feeling SO grateful for THIS group where we can share our struggles and our successes together. I am committed to sharing my highs and lows with you and supporting you. I'm not sure why I wrote all this history out but wanted you all to know where I've come from and where I am headed...I'd love to know your story, too.

I like having a "Medifast re-start" thread because it reminds me that you can get back on Medifast and be successful.

Karen

Last edited by kwalk50; 01-06-2017 at 02:06 PM.
kwalk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 05:17 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 232/228/160

Height: 5'11"

Yay, Karen! I hope you know that YOUR posts motivate ME. We are in this together, and I can't wait until we all reach our goals!!
TWINCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 12:18 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 232/228/160

Height: 5'11"

Default TSFL Optavia?

Ladies- What are your thoughts on the TSFL Optavia line? Still thinking of trying them out. Detailed comments would be much appreciated!

• Dark Chocolate Covered Cherry Shake
• Chia Bliss Smoothie
• Buttermilk Cheddar Herb Biscuit
• Cinnamon Cream Cheese Swirl Cake
• Dark Chocolate Coconut Curry Bar
• Honey Chili Cranberry Nut Bar
• Chocolate Cherry Ganache Bar
• Honey Sweet Potatoes
• Chipotle Mac & Cheese
• Spinach Pesto Mac & Cheese
• Wild Blueberry Almond Hot Cereal
• Indonesian Cinnamon and Honey Hot Cereal
TWINCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 12:53 PM   #169  
Jesus, I trust in You

Height: 5' 2"

I went to Medifast Center today (normally weigh in on Fridays, but snowed yesterday so I was a bit leery to drive).

I lost 4 pounds this week!!! I "felt" like I lost, but was exhilarated to see that number!!!
Just goes to show that this plan works! Again, last week I lost 2.5, but the weeks before it was .5, then 1, then 1.5. I was a bit disappointed, but knew that I had to forge ahead, accept the small losses and STAY ON PLAN no matter what.
And again persistence paid off!

Thinking back to what I did differently this past week: I varied my meals more. I was relying on the bars all the time...I was in a rut. Too cold to drink the shakes. I didn't want to think too much about food at all and just grabbed those. This week I used the hot meals at least two times a day: things I hadn't tried in a while like the Mac n Cheese and Ziti - both just seemed extra delicious.
TWINCA ~ Thanks to your menus, I noticed my meals were not going to be boring! You don't realize what you post can really help someone else. Thank you!

Karen~ Thank you for sharing your story. What matters most is you are doing so well now, your motivation is contagious! AND just knowing you were able to pick yourself up after the Thanksgiving debacle and be successful is again the mark of a persistent person. You WILL make your goal.
I have a much different story. Goes all the way back to when I was child...not in the mood to rehash all that right now, but will later in the week. I am on a natural high now!!!

Accountability is the key. And that's why we help each other so much!

Last edited by MorningGlory1950; 01-07-2017 at 12:58 PM.
MorningGlory1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 01:11 PM   #170  
Jesus, I trust in You

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWINCA View Post
Ladies- What are your thoughts on the TSFL Optavia line? Still thinking of trying them out. Detailed comments would be much appreciated!

• Dark Chocolate Covered Cherry Shake
• Chia Bliss Smoothie
• Buttermilk Cheddar Herb Biscuit
• Cinnamon Cream Cheese Swirl Cake
• Dark Chocolate Coconut Curry Bar
• Honey Chili Cranberry Nut Bar
• Chocolate Cherry Ganache Bar
• Honey Sweet Potatoes
• Chipotle Mac & Cheese
• Spinach Pesto Mac & Cheese
• Wild Blueberry Almond Hot Cereal
• Indonesian Cinnamon and Honey Hot Cereal
I like some of the Optavia items. I would suggest just getting a sample of each when you make your next Medifast order. (The only thing I really did not like were the two hot cereals.) The herb biscuit has a very strong poutry seasoning flavor and the cinnamon cream cheese swirl cake did not taste cream cheesy at all. But I did like the "bread-y" aspect of both. Try them all. Much more refined flavors as compared to the regular Medifast products.
Old 01-07-2017, 05:54 PM   #171  

hi all, I am on Day 6 and am down 2 pounds so far. I know that is not a lot, but I am happy! If I can lose 8-10 pounds a month I will feel good about that. I have been drinking a lot of MF hot cocoa. I can't get into the icy shakes when it is cold outside!
StephGetsHealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 12:05 PM   #172  
Jesus, I trust in You

Hi, StephGetsHealthy~ 2 pounds is awesome! Seeing those numbers go down is one of the best feelings!

I know, keeping warm is a number one priority for me, too! I drink the Bigelow flavored, non-caffeinated teas with Skinny Girl Stevia drops for sweetner (Thinking of Karen - our caffeine free friend!)
Old 01-08-2017, 12:06 PM   #173  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningGlory1950 View Post
I went to Medifast Center today (normally weigh in on Fridays, but snowed yesterday so I was a bit leery to drive).

I lost 4 pounds this week!!! I "felt" like I lost, but was exhilarated to see that number!!!
Just goes to show that this plan works! Again, last week I lost 2.5, but the weeks before it was .5, then 1, then 1.5. I was a bit disappointed, but knew that I had to forge ahead, accept the small losses and STAY ON PLAN no matter what.
Joyce ~

4 lbs is SO AWESOME and clearly a sign that you continue to head in the right direction. I love it when the number is more than we "think" it should be. It's your staying on plan that will keep you heading towards your goal. I admire your "sticking to what you set out to do. Super happy for you.

Karen
Old 01-08-2017, 12:12 PM   #174  

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephGetsHealthy View Post
hi all, I am on Day 6 and am down 2 pounds so far. I know that is not a lot, but I am happy! If I can lose 8-10 pounds a month I will feel good about that. I have been drinking a lot of MF hot cocoa. I can't get into the icy shakes when it is cold outside!

StephGetsHealthy ~

2 lbs is great! I'm a MF cocoa enjoyer, too. In an odd way the shakes/hot drinks seem to keep me full compared to the other stuff. I like the sipping more than eating ---it feels like it lasts longer in some odd way.

Keep doing what you are doing because it works...and YOU are worth in!

Karen
Old 01-08-2017, 12:20 PM   #175  

You gals are inspiring me to order different things. I am totally in a rut but find that I like the rut so that I don't have too many choices. I'm thinking that maybe I do need to venture out here though.

Joyce ~

For some reason I noticed that if I have more than 2 bars a day my weight loss stalls. So, I've actually limited bars to 1x per day and I've had some good losses. I think you are right about mixing it up. I need to do that.

Twinca ~

Thanks for sharing your menus! I am pretty sure I am the most boring Medifast eater around. Thank you for encouraging me to add in a little variety.

Karen

Last edited by kwalk50; 01-08-2017 at 12:22 PM.
Old 01-08-2017, 02:54 PM   #176  
Jesus, I trust in You

Just read this on another site. Article written by Dr. Barbara Berkeley.

http://www.refusetoregain.com/2017/0...-new-year.html

I especially liked #5: Work, work work

..."Consistent means that you follow the same plan every day and that you don't give in to exceptions. Continual means that you don't take breaks for birthdays, weddings, cruises or just because it's Saturday. One of the biggest lessons I've learned in 25 years of practice is that a single day of deviation---sometimes a single meal--- can reverse weight loss for an entire week. Work. Get it done!"

I totally agree. For me this is the number one key to my success thus far! And hearing her say it will echo in my brain each time I am confronted with a situation which is especially difficult.
I can do this. I CAN do this!

Last edited by MorningGlory1950; 01-09-2017 at 11:32 PM.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:12 PM   #177  
Jesus, I trust in You

Karen wrote
Quote:
For some reason I noticed that if I have more than 2 bars a day my weight loss stalls. So, I've actually limited bars to 1x per day and I've had some good losses. I think you are right about mixing it up. I need to do that.
I reviewed my journal from last week. I still had on an average 2 bars per day, but used the hot meals, too. I am going to be very cognizant of my daily menus, Karen. I think you are right though. There must be something about the bars that might impact your weight loss.
Old 01-09-2017, 12:32 PM   #178  

S/C/G: 200/198/140

Height: 5'2

Hello everyone. Today is my first day of Medifast. I have tried it in the past but didn't stick with it so this time it is for real. I'd like to lose at least 40lbs by June but I would love to lose 60lbs before the end of the year. I want to join the Army and be an LPN but in order to do that i need to drop at least 12% body fat. I am a full time college student and I have 2 children and a husband so I am hoping the grab and go of Medifast will be good for me.

I have read all of this thread and I am hoping that it will give me the boost I need to stick with Medifast and not give up before I reach my goal.
selexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 07:39 PM   #179  
Jesus, I trust in You

selexi ~ I think 40 pounds is definitely doable by June (probably before then!) and 60 pounds most likely by end of summer!
Your lifetime goals are admirable. The Medifast grab and go is what I like most about this program. Read through all the posts on this thread. You will see how far we have all come in a very short time. I have lost 25.3 pounds since 11/4/16. I am thrilled!
The first three days are a little rough, but after that all your cravings will be gone and it is clear sailing.
Keep reading and posting, it definitely keeps you accountable! You will do fine!
Old 01-10-2017, 12:26 AM   #180  

Today was my weekly weigh -in. I lost 5 lbs. this week. I actually got on the scale a few times not believing the number. In weeks past when I had a good number the week before I never expected a big number the next week...trust me I am NOT complaining!!! If anything, I feel like I am finally trusting the process AND trusting ME!!! I know that staying 100% on plan IS my only goal each week since my re-start on 12/12/2016.

I think getting off caffeine has been a tremendous boost for me. No diet sodas, no coffee, no tea....just water. The water is so key with Medifast. I find myself craving it now that caffeine is history!! I'll have water please...no just water. I am amazed how many odd looks I get lately when friends and family look at me strangely because I NEVER just wanted water. Water is my new good habit.

I am strong. I am motivated to conquer this weight battle that I have been fighting for 5 years. I WILL win!

Karen

Last edited by kwalk50; 01-10-2017 at 12:29 AM.