Old 12-29-2016, 02:23 AM   #136  
Jesus, I trust in You

Height: 5' 2"

I actually read through all of our posts, first to present...and I am really amazed to see how far we have come! I encourage you to do the same. It just goes to show that we are much stronger than we think we are!

So here's an early toast to persistence!!! and perseverance!!!
MorningGlory1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 10:01 AM   #137  

Hi MorningGlory and all. I am still hanging in there, despite a couple non-ideal days. I am trying to have the mindset that a slip is no biggie, as long as it does not turn into a slide. Cloths are continuing to loosen up, so I know I am on the right track.
Just put in a small Medifast order to be sure I have enough bars for the first two weeks in January, I am on the road for most of the week days. I seem to underestimate the number of bars that I end up needing. I am pleasantly suprised at how fast the shipping has been on my last two orders, it used to take over a week. I ordered Tuesday, the order shipped Wendsday and I am supposed to get it Friday!
HalfPass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 10:58 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 234/144.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningGlory1950 View Post
Karen~ TWINCA is right and her comment made me laugh!
Though you may not be laughing now as you are detoxing from caffeine, believe me you will feel better once you are through it! I "discontinued" a Diet Pepsi addiction about 6 weeks ago and am so glad I did! I was drinking about 3 liters a day!! Now I drink plain or flavored seltzer water only. I do have the occasional cup of coffee - but only for something warm. I was using the diet soda as a replacement for junk food, but I knew I was only hurting myself with all the aspartame and caffeine I was consuming. I do use stevia in my occasional coffees...but that's it!

Oh, did you see your niece that you mentionned in a previous post? Let us know how she is doing.
Joyce ~

I am definately detoxing the caffeine! The first 3 days I felt like someone was hitting me over the head with a hammer. I think I have the worst of it behind me, and least I hope so. I have downed way too much Tylenol but figured it is just for a space of time until the headaches pass.

My niece looks as good, maybe even better, than the last time I saw her. I love being around her because she gets it. She knows well the road I am on and is such an effective cheerleader. She lives that mindset that I am struggling to live everyday. She still echoed to me how important it is to not cheat as it just sets you up to graze your way through your day.

Twinca ~

I laughed out loud too when I read "coffee rehab". Yes, that is exactly what it has been like. My mom is a nurse and I truly believe she "thinks" I am her patient because she won't stop making sure I am doing okay. I love how much she really wants to help but her every 15 minute asking if I am okay has grown a bit tiresome ---- probably because this no-coffee has made me a bit grumpy.

Today is going to be a great day! Less headaches and more energy. I feel like I want to get out and get some exercise. Next week I plan to get back to my normal routine which I've missed but certainly not all the food triggers that are waiting for me when I get back home. I'm optimistic that I am on a good path though.

Karen
kwalk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 11:27 AM   #139  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningGlory1950 View Post
I actually read through all of our posts, first to present...and I am really amazed to see how far we have come! I encourage you to do the same. It just goes to show that we are much stronger than we think we are!

So here's an early toast to persistence!!! and perseverance!!!
Joyce ~

I also have enjoyed going back and re-reading our posts. It can be really motivating with lots of good reminders.

I loved your toast to persistence and perseverance

I hope you have a really great weigh-in tomorrow.

Karen
Old 12-30-2016, 01:37 PM   #140  

Hi All ~

I hope everyone is doing well and on plan as we head into 2017. I'm so glad I stayed on plan throughout the holidays. I am so far ahead of where I'd have been if I didn't get back on plan on 12/12/2016. The best part of Medifast is that it really kills all cravings for me physically, which helps me focus and concentrate more on keeping the emotional cravings sidelined. That IS the hardest part. Changing habits IS hard but so necessary if I am ever going to stay on the path towards good health.

I've planned to toast in the New Year with a glass of seltzer water. I've found, if I don't make a good game plan ahead of each event, it leaves too much room for me to waver with choices...So I MUST plan. I am committed to be 100%. No exceptions.

Karen

Last edited by kwalk50; 12-30-2016 at 01:41 PM.
Old 12-30-2016, 10:33 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 192/182/150

Height: 5'8"

I am loving all the positivity and good vibes on this thread. What a way to ring in the new year! I started planning our family vacation today. With things going well on my first two weeks, I'm optimistic about lots of hiking and pool time with the kids this summer. I'm actually looking forward to it - great motivator. Wishing everyone a great new year. 2017 is going to be awesome for us :-)
naturamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 10:48 PM   #142  
Jesus, I trust in You

Karen ~ You definitely have an action plan...that is how we will get through each and everyday. So true, "emotional cravings" - the real crux of the problem - must be addressed. It is so much easier without the stronghold of sugar on our physical self.

I think we are doing it. If we have succeeded thus far on Medifast , then it is definitely possible and sustainable for the long haul. I used to think it was hopeless. That I would always fail.

I do not feel that way anymore.

I know that just staying away from sugar is the key. There is no room for moderation. So I know when maintenance arrives, I will be transitioning by probably eating 2 or 3 lean and green meals and 3 MF meals a day (not really sure yet, just speculating and "pre"-pre-planning at this point.)

Anyway, good news, I weighed in today and lost 2.5 pounds! Remember last week I only lost .5 and the week before 1 pound - I was a bit bummed, but accepted it. If I wasn't persistent and just felt discouraged, I may have given in and "splurged" on Christmas and then fallen down the proverbial rabbit hole and back to feeling hopeless, a failure...and the weight gain would rapidly take hold of my life all over again.

So tomorrow is the last day of 2016...and we are already renewed and refreshed for 2017...let us all keep up the momentum.

We are so very fortunate and blessed to have this wonderful program...and each other!

So in 2017 we can say "in" with the old and "in" with the new!
Old 12-30-2016, 11:02 PM   #143  
Jesus, I trust in You

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturamom View Post
I am loving all the positivity and good vibes on this thread. What a way to ring in the new year! I started planning our family vacation today. With things going well on my first two weeks, I'm optimistic about lots of hiking and pool time with the kids this summer. I'm actually looking forward to it - great motivator. Wishing everyone a great new year. 2017 is going to be awesome for us :-)
I love this, naturamom! So upbeat...and real! I can feel your spirit coming through loud and clear! This is what I am talking about: energy that is palpable and contagious!!!!

So if the sugar demons rear their ugly heads, I can recall how all of you feel and then resist the immediate so-called pleasures, and opt for long-term happiness in a mindful way.

Thank you! And your vacation plans sound wonderful!!!
Old 12-31-2016, 11:22 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 232/228/160

Height: 5'11"

Ok, so I broke my own rule of one weigh-in per week, BUT I thought it would be beneficial to have a pre-2017 number to go back and look at this summer when I hit my skinny goal.

11/21/2016 - Medifast Center weigh-in: 246
11/30/2016 - Medifast Day 1: 244
12/03/2016 - Medifast Day 4: 237
12/11/2016 - Medifast Day 12: 233
12/20/2016 - Medifast Day 21 (Week 3): 230
12/27/2016 - Medifast Day 28 (Week 4): 228
12/31/2017 - Medifast Day 32 (Week 4.5): 226. WOW -- 2 lbs in 4 days!

20 POUNDS LOST--YIPPEE!

I'm so happy to come here and read everyone's motivating threads!

Looking forward to continuing our journey together in 2017!!

Last edited by TWINCA; 12-31-2016 at 11:30 AM.
TWINCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 12:25 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 232/228/160

Height: 5'11"

Finally got a ticker! That is skinny me running (more likely, walking) down the California beaches this summer!
TWINCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 01:43 PM   #146  

Joyce ~

Your weight loss on Friday was AWESOME. You really had to set your mind to keep on keepin' on during the time when the scale did not reward you. Your attitude is what is inspiring...you stayed strong and did not waver a bit!!! So happy for you.

Twinca ~

Girl you are full speed ahead on this....ticker and all! I love that skinny girl who is running. It is great to keep that image in your mind. You'll be her in no time.

Your loss (mid week) is really awesome. Sometimes we do have to give ourselves permission to get on that scale more often.

Naturamom~

So glad you are here and making plans for what you are looking forward to in 2017. It can't always be about weight loss as getting active is a big part of this, too. Planning family vacations is one of my favorite things to do. When you feel better about yourself and the direction you are going EVERYTHING just seems to flow seamlessly.

I am doing great. I am super grounded mentally. No more un-doing my progress and thinking I can eat a little bit of this or that. I can't...it just derails me and then before I know it I am completely off plan like what happened during Thanksgiving. That "Fat Karen" got in my head and I listened to HER! Sheesh --- I am so done with HER!

BTW - getting off caffeine "I think" has been the single best thing I have done outside of re-starting Medifast. I feel great. Sleeping better than ever. So, "coffee rehab" is officially over. I checked out yesterday after having my first "no headache" day.

So looking forward to the New Year and all the good stuff I know it will bring.

Karen

Last edited by kwalk50; 12-31-2016 at 01:53 PM.
Old 12-31-2016, 11:45 PM   #147  
Jesus, I trust in You

TWINCA ~ Congratulations on your motivation sticker and your ambitious goals for the new year! I have no doubt you will succeed!

Karen ~ I am so glad you are 2016% better! You and I have the same mindset: that by refraining from sabotaging and seductive thoughts we will be enabling ourselves to live a new and wonderful life!

Happy 2017 to all...may all of our dreams come true...one day, one minute, one moment at a time!
Old 01-02-2017, 01:36 PM   #148  

Happy 2017!

Well, I had my first weigh-in for this year. I lost another 4 lbs. I am FINALLY under 200 lbs. I feel so good!! I've kicked a total of 38 lbs to the curb since I began Medifast on 9/1/2016. I think getting off of caffeine helped the scale move some more this week since I replaced all that coffee with water. So glad that I got back on plan and kept going.

I'm looking forward to having the holidays behind me along with ALL that food that's been sitting around my house.

Joyce ~

I just noticed that you won FIRST PLACE in the "Delicious for Christmas 2016" weight loss challenge. YES to you!

I hope everyone brought in the New Year on plan and ready to tackle our weight loss goals we have have in front of us. I'm committed to doing 100% everyday with no cheats.

Karen

Last edited by kwalk50; 01-02-2017 at 01:46 PM.
Old 01-02-2017, 04:29 PM   #149  

hi all!! Are you all coming back soon? Today is my Day 1. As a reminder I am doing 5 and 1 Plan with a mixture of Medifast meals and Wonderslim foods, plus adding some extra fat and protein (but not carbs) on some days to reach my doctor's request of 1200 calories a day. Plus I take a multivitamin.

So far today:
7am: plain tea
8am: MF hot cocoa
10am: WS pretzels and a spoon of cottage cheese with Mrs Dash as "dip"
noon: WS cheese steak macaroni (wow, did this hit the spot) and one small slice of fresh avocado

I hope my "extras" are not triggering to anyone, if so let me know and I won't list them out.

My plan for the afternoon is:
a bar at 3
Portabella mushroom caps stuffed with low fat cheese for dinner
a pudding or hot cocoa at 9

I have cravings and feel hungry but am plowing through, and drinking so much water that I am floating to the bathroom every hour! Can't wait to hear all your updates.

Last edited by StephGetsHealthy; 01-02-2017 at 04:30 PM.
StephGetsHealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 11:52 PM   #150  
Jesus, I trust in You

Karen ~ I am so excited for you!!! 4 pounds is awesome...and under 200 - Onederland! All your hard work and your detox paid off! What a way to begin the New Year!!!

Why not join the New Year, New You Challenge? It is under the Support Tab, Chicks Up for a Challenge. Very easy...just follow instructions given by creator Riestrella - enter your name, start weight and goal weight for now until week of March 9 on the spreadsheet. All the rules are given...you may win a sticker to put in your signature, too!

Actually I invite everyone on this thread to join! Just another way to keep this way of life interesting!

Steph ~ I am glad you found your way back here! I understand that you are doing both the Medifast and WonderSlim - seems to be a good combination per your doctor's orders!

I can only speak for myself but per your suggestion:

Quote:
I hope my "extras" are not triggering to anyone, if so let me know and I won't list them out.
I feel like the additional foods you are incorporating could be a trigger for me.
I see you also are posting in another Medifast thread. If journaling your daily meals is conducive to your success, then perhaps recording your daily meals there would be acceptable to you.

But please know we are so glad you are joining this thread - you have so much to offer!
BACK!

Last edited by MorningGlory1950; 01-03-2017 at 11:54 AM.