3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Medifast (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/medifast-223/)
-   -   Medifast round 2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/medifast/311419-medifast-round-2-a.html)

FatAbbi 11-05-2016 10:32 PM

Medifast round 2

Well, the weight is back.... UGH. I swear this is going to be my battle until I die. I am up to 191.9, after getting down to 137, and maintaining 150 for several years. Just had too much stress, and ignored myself. I have been training with a trainer 3 times a week for an hour since March so with Medifast I am hoping I will get down to 130 and hold it for good. I will be taking 1 day at a time and hoping for the best.

UGH UGH UGH

I. CAN. DO. THIS.

MorningGlory1950 11-07-2016 11:46 AM

FatAbbi ~I am on Round Two also. It is no use thinking what was. On Friday, I joined a Medifast Weight Control Center to make myself accountable. I am just looking towards the spring and getting through each day as a stepping stone back to goal!

Be positive. Yes, you can do this. I can do this. Keep reading these boards for motivation.
I applaud you for working with a trainer! That is such an accomplishment! I am no where near that yet. Perhaps in time.

Stress is always a part of life. I used it as an excuse for my binge eating. I can't use it anymore. At least I can control my eating plan even though distasteful events are out of my control.

It is easy with Medifast...no real thinking involved. Just take a packet, eat, wait 2-3 hours eat again. I look forward to those moments of being satisfied!

Keep up the momentum!!!

FatAbbi 11-15-2016 12:50 AM

Thanks! 5 lbs down, hope you're doing well! 56 to go!

MorningGlory1950 11-15-2016 09:37 AM

Hi, Abbi ~ Wonderful loss for the first week!

I lost 8.8 pounds the first week. (Major October bingeing, so mostly water weight). I weigh in on Fridays. Yes, I am doing well: day by day, minute by minute, moment to moment.

I have tried the new Optavia products, more "sophisticated" taste than the original products and some take getting used to...but a nice change. You can order them individually from the MF site.

We CAN do this. We WILL do this. Let's keep this thread going! :high:

TabulaRasa 11-18-2016 09:47 PM

I'm seriously considering doing Medifast again too.

I lost almost 70 lbs a few years ago, and kept it off for about 6 months. Then two consecutive (relatively major) surgeries made it so I couldn't workout like I was... but I didn't change my eating habits. And the weight crept back on. Now I'm 25-ish lbs more than I was when I started Medifast the first time! But I know how fast the weight comes off, and once you get into the groove, it's easy to stick with.

And now I have to fit into a bridesmaid dress in March... motivation!!!

MorningGlory1950 11-21-2016 12:47 PM

Welcome, TabulaRasa ~ You are right! Once you are in the groove, you just do it. I track the hour and the meal as I go along during the day to be accountable.

Have you tried the Optavia line yet?

Abbi ~ I would love to hear from you, too! This is a challenging week, though a plan is in order. Luckily, my husband is cooking the turkey this Thanksgiving and desserts that family requested are at a minimum! One of the MF desserts will be savored by me!

I am officially weighing in at a Medifast center on Friday morning. So that, too, will be keeping me aware and on target.

Have a lovely Thanksgiving!

HalfPass 11-21-2016 02:26 PM

I went from a tighto size 14 to a size 8 a couple years ago and then let the weight creep back on. Sadly, I was dieting all the time I was gaining. Several Metafast attempts and low carb/whole 30, alternating with binging. I have decided strict Metafast is my only solution and I am hoping to find some of the support here that was on the old Metafast boards.
I hate feeling this fat and need to turn things around. 53 and menopausal, which is adding to the challenge...

MorningGlory1950 11-21-2016 06:34 PM

HalfPass ~ Welcome! I remember the Medifast boards...I go way back to 2003. (There is also a board called Make Me Thinner that is no longer active, but still up.) I miss so many of those wonderful people!

I just woke up about 2 1/2 weeks ago and decided to go to a Medifast center. I was thoroughly fed up, couldn't follow through with Weight Watchers meetings, fell out of control with the binges and hit rock bottom.

Today, Day 18 on Medifast, 11.3 pounds down and I feel in control. One of the biggest obstacles I have overcome is the end of using of Diet Pepsi. I was drinking 3-4 liters a day - thinking they would keep me from eating, but just the opposite. I noticed the amount of soda was escalating and completely insane!

So I prayed. Six days ago I woke up and decided drinking water it is - plain and cold, no ice. I finally found a use for all the free Blender Bottles I have received with Medifast orders over the years. It is just the right size and easy to drink - a lot!

I have never admitted this disorder before. But writing it out seems cathartic. One day at a time. One moment at a time.

Let's keep this thread going.

HalfPass 11-23-2016 08:34 PM

Yes, let's keep this going! I am on day four. I have a stockpile left from previous attempt and a few good substitutes from diet direct. I just joined TSFL and put in an order, so I am committed and ready to make it happen this time. I just can't go through another summer fat and I have so many nice cloths that don't fit.
I am finally admitting to myself that I have binge eating disorder and it seems like Medifast is the only way to control it. I have had success with low carb in the past, but the last couple of years I keep binging on low carb food and gaining weight. It feels good to be back on plan!
Congrats on ditching the diet pepsi!!

MorningGlory1950 11-24-2016 02:21 AM

I wish a Happy Binge-Free Thanksgiving to all! :thanks1:

I am focusing on my 5 and 1. Honestly turkey is not my favorite protein...so I should be okay. I just keep thinking the I have to weigh in on Friday and that should keep me on plan.

All my family will be here and I am just trying to keep calm.
I tend to worry that all will turn out well.

One day at a time, one hour at a time and we can all survive this holiday!

HalfPass~ Congrats on getting back on plan! Don't let the holidays deter your progress! Day 5 turns into Day 100 before you know it! I am on Day 21 - Thanksgiving Day - and that came very fast!

Check in everyday if you can! I read the boards to keep me on track and sane! We can do this. We will do this.

HalfPass 11-24-2016 09:14 AM

Good Luck today MorningGlory and all. I am making ham for Thanksgiving today, my husband loves it and I don't eat it. I am planning the mall around things that are not tempting to me and I will have a separate lean and green. There are just three of us, so it won't be a big deal. I am frustrated that I let myself gain all this weight, but trying to look forward, since I can't turn back the clock. This time I am going to do the transition by the book and if I need to keep on some variation of medifast to maintain, so be it.

HalfPass 11-24-2016 07:25 PM

Hope that everyone's day went well. I stayed totally on track, had lean and green at noon. Last time I did Medifast I was starving all the time. This time seems much better. I am hopeful the the lack of appetite piece of ketosis is finally kicking in for me.

MorningGlory1950 11-24-2016 10:48 PM

HalfPass~ We are rocking! I stayed on plan all day, too! We can put this holiday in the books...our success can keep us motivated to make it through Christmas and New Year's...only two actually days - and we can be part of a minority that does not have to make a New Year's resolution to start a new diet regime!

One day at a time!

Congratulations to us!!!

MorningGlory1950 11-25-2016 03:05 PM

I went to a Medifast Center this morning. I lost 3 pounds! So grateful that I stayed on plan Thanksgiving Day.

Day by day...just eat the 5 meals and our lean and green and success will be ours!

TWINCA 11-26-2016 06:48 PM

Hi ladies- I am new to MF, and looking for a supportive group. Most forums/communities seem outdated. I've been researching for the past week or so and feel optimistic. My food arrives on Tuesday, and I'm excited to finally start this journey. Will be doing 5/1. I have about 85 lbs. (yuck) to lose, and I figure there is no time like the present.