Old 12-19-2016, 10:32 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 234/144.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturamom View Post
I had a pretty good weekend - out and about with kids and no cravings. I thought our lunch at subway would be tough (yummy bread smell) but no problems. I just had a bar. Yay!
naturamom~

Good for you for having what you needed at Subway to stay on plan.
So much of weight loss is directly related to prior planning. You planned this well!

Karen
kwalk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 12:15 AM   #107  
Jesus, I trust in You

Height: 5' 2"

naturamom ~ So glad you checked in! Glad to hear all is well! I see HalfPass chimed in with some vegetarian suggestions...we can always learn to vary our lean and greens - great suggestions, HalfPass!

HalfPass ~ I didn't even know about the Quest Cereal Bars! So glad you could improvise while waiting for your next MF order!

Karen ~ Wow, congrats on the fabulous weight loss! And I didn't realize that you have lost 26 total since September! It is wonderful that you were able to jump back onboard and continue the momentum after a slight detour!!!
MorningGlory1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 08:59 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 232/228/160

Height: 5'11"

Default Medifast - Day 21 Check-in

Hi ladies-

Glad to see the scales are going down!

I reluctantly did a weigh-in this morning:

11/21/2016 - Medifast Center weigh-in: 246
11/30/2016 - Medifast Day 1: 244
12/03/2016 - Medifast Day 4: 237
12/11/2016 - Medifast Day 12: 233
12/20/2016 - Medifast Day 21: 230

So, weight loss is definitely slowing down (as is expected), but I like the downward trend line. Looking like about roughly 5 lbs per week average...for now at least.

I can honestly say that I've been 100% on plan. Not a single sweet cheat. I got some food as gifts from people, and I give it away. Looks so yummy, but I don't need a gift of fat. A thin body is a gift to myself that will keep on giving!

Here is my menu from the past several days:

Thurs. 12/15 (day 16) - Dutch chocolate shake, honey mustard pretzels, brownie soft bake, sour cream & chive mashed potatoes, cookie dough chewy bar, and L&G taco salad (ground turkey) for dinner. 731 calories, 85 g protein, 81 g carbs, 14 g fat.

Fri. 12/16 (day 17) - French vanilla shake, mixed berry crunch cereal (from the bag), chocolate chip soft bake, sour cream & chive mashed potatoes, L&G taco salad (ground turkey), chocolate pudding for dessert. 701 calories, 98 g protein, 87 g carbs, 11 g fat.

Sat. 12/17 (day 18) - original pancakes w/ sugar-free syrup, honey mustard pretzel sticks w/ 1 wedge creamy spicy pepper jack Laughing Cow wedge (dip!), mixed berry crunch cereal (from the bag), L&G taco salad (ground turkey), chocolate pudding for dessert. I accidentally miscounted this day and only got in 4 MF meals. 671 calories, 80 g protein, 72 g carbs, 12 g fat.

Sun. 12/18 (day 19) - 2x original pancakes w/ sugar-free syrup (woke up late), Dutch chocolate shake, chili nacho cheese puffs (still the worst ever, but $3/bag!) dipped in 2 wedges creamy spicy pepper jack Laughing Cow wedges to mask the taste, L&G Flavors of Home Beef Stew, Rosemary Sea Salt crackers (snack), chocolate pudding for dessert. 925 calories, 90 g protein, 102 g carbs (yikes!), 26 g fat. In retrospect, not a great day here--those cheese wedges sent me over. Just going to toss those puffs.

Mon. 12/19 (day 20) - strawberry shake, maple oatmeal, cookie dough chewy bar, chicken noodle soup, s'mores crunch bar, L&G Flavors of Home Turkey Meatball Marinara. 810 calories, 85 g protein, 74 g carbs, 26 g fat.

So last night I got my new Medifast shipment. Lots of interesting new things to try. Interestingly, they did not send two items (1/ea. Parmesan Cheese Puffs; 1/ea. Blueberry Oatmeal), but did send what I'm assuming were two "replacements" (pineapple mango smoothie; Optiva Chia Bliss Smoothie). Not sure it's worth $5 to complain. Thoughts?

That's all for now!
TWINCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 10:42 AM   #109  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWINCA View Post
Hi ladies-

I reluctantly did a weigh-in this morning:

11/21/2016 - Medifast Center weigh-in: 246
11/30/2016 - Medifast Day 1: 244
12/03/2016 - Medifast Day 4: 237
12/11/2016 - Medifast Day 12: 233
12/20/2016 - Medifast Day 21: 230

So, weight loss is definitely slowing down (as is expected), but I like the downward trend line. Looking like about roughly 5 lbs per week average...for now at least.

I can honestly say that I've been 100% on plan. Not a single sweet cheat. I got some food as gifts from people, and I give it away. Looks so yummy, but I don't need a gift of fat. A thin body is a gift to myself that will keep on giving!
TWINCA ~

Wow! You have lost a bunch of weight...downward you go!! Gosh, think about all the calories you haven't consumed in gifting away those "fat" gifts...so smart of you.

100% on plan has clearly kept the fat burning humming along for you. So happy for your success!

Karen
Old 12-20-2016, 12:48 PM   #110  

I just wanted to put some motivation out there as we approach the end of 2016 and begin the New Year.

I'll be spending Christmas with one of my nieces who is actually the one who introduced me to Medifast. This girl has been heavy her whole life. In every family picture I have she is overweight from about age 10. She's 38 now. About 4 years ago she embarked on her weight loss journey with Medifast. She had about 150 pounds to lose. She had a few off-plan weeks along the way but ALWAYS GOT BACK ON PLAN!

She's lost all her weight and has kept it off for over 2 years now. She's doing maintenance well and tells me she still gets on the scale each and every week. It is her barometer on how well she is doing. It keeps her accountable to something besides herself. We live in the Pacific Northwest where she is now an avid hiker and jogger. She looks wonderful and feels so much better. I've taken many second-glances at her over the last 2 years and can't believe it is the same person. She looks wonderful and has this fun crazy energy that is inspiring to be around.

I asked her the other day if there was one bit of advice she would give me so that I can reach my weight loss goals, too. She said this: When you fail to stay on plan, albeit one meal or an entire month of eating, circle a day on the calendar when you WILL choose to re-start Medifast and be 100% on plan. Her calendar during her weight loss has 10 different dates circled that represent her re-commitment to be on plan 100%.

I bought a calendar yesterday and circled 12/12/2016. That date was my re-committment to be 100% on plan. I've hung the calendar on my wall as a visual reminder that indeed there will be lots of u-turns, bumpy roads, and loss of direction along this weight loss journey mixed in with tons of weight loss, more energy, better attitude....BUT I am resolved to not quit until I have finished the weight loss phase of this diet and then begin maintenance. I am, and we all, are so worth it!

It feels so great to be 100% on plan---AGAIN!!

Karen

Last edited by kwalk50; 12-20-2016 at 04:51 PM.
Old 12-20-2016, 09:25 PM   #111  

Medifast Day 21

GIANT Chocolate in the break room -- NO!

Pizza, garlic bread and brownies for dinner -- NO!

DID I GIVE IN??? NO!!! Small victories...

Menu for the day:
5 AM - Dutch Chocolate Shake - Always a winner for me.

7 AM - NEW - Apple & Cinnamon Oatmeal - I liked it a lot. For me, better than the maple (also good).

9 AM - NEW - Cinnamon Cereal Crunch - I also liked this a lot. For me, better than the Mixed Berry Cereal Crunch (also good). I eat straight out of the bag so nice and portable.

12 PM - NEW - Macaroni and Cheese. I put this in a mug with water to let it hydrate first thing this morning, then stuck it into my fridge. I realized I added 3/4 instead of 1/2 cup water (oops) so it was more like soup. Either way, it was still good. Pretty much like Kraft with the powdered cheese, which I happen to like. The key is the early morning rehydration though.

3:30 PM - New version of my taco salad. This time I bought pre-packaged "Del Real Foods - Seasoned Shredded Beef." It comes in a 16 oz package, and you just throw it in the microwave for like 4 minutes Super easy, no carbs, and YUMMY! I split it into 4 containers for 4 taco salads for 4 nights. Put that on top of 2 cups of baby spinach, 1 T guacamole, 2 T light sour cream, and 2 T salsa. Wow! Really good! Yes, I like my taco salads...what can I say?!?

5:30 PM - NEW - Chocolate Crunch Bar - Thankfully I bought a whole box of these even though I hadn't tried them before. I LOVE these. PB Crunch was my favorite...until these. YUM!

828 calories, 79 g protein, 81 g carbs, 26 g fat.

KAREN - Thanks for the inspiring story! Good to know we shouldn't let bumps in the road throw us off course.

3 weeks down, MANY to go. Livin' day by day!
Old 12-20-2016, 10:31 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 192/182/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwalk50 View Post
I just wanted to put some motivation out there as we approach the end of 2016 and begin the New Year.

I'll be spending Christmas with one of my nieces who is actually the one who introduced me to Medifast. This girl has been heavy her whole life. In every family picture I have she is overweight from about age 10. She's 38 now. About 4 years ago she embarked on her weight loss journey with Medifast. She had about 150 pounds to lose. She had a few off-plan weeks along the way but ALWAYS GOT BACK ON PLAN!

She's lost all her weight and has kept it off for over 2 years now. She's doing maintenance well and tells me she still gets on the scale each and every week. It is her barometer on how well she is doing. It keeps her accountable to something besides herself. We live in the Pacific Northwest where she is now an avid hiker and jogger. She looks wonderful and feels so much better. I've taken many second-glances at her over the last 2 years and can't believe it is the same person. She looks wonderful and has this fun crazy energy that is inspiring to be around.

I asked her the other day if there was one bit of advice she would give me so that I can reach my weight loss goals, too. She said this: When you fail to stay on plan, albeit one meal or an entire month of eating, circle a day on the calendar when you WILL choose to re-start Medifast and be 100% on plan. Her calendar during her weight loss has 10 different dates circled that represent her re-commitment to be on plan 100%.

I bought a calendar yesterday and circled 12/12/2016. That date was my re-committment to be 100% on plan. I've hung the calendar on my wall as a visual reminder that indeed there will be lots of u-turns, bumpy roads, and loss of direction along this weight loss journey mixed in with tons of weight loss, more energy, better attitude....BUT I am resolved to not quit until I have finished the weight loss phase of this diet and then begin maintenance. I am, and we all, are so worth it!

It feels so great to be 100% on plan---AGAIN!!

Karen
Wow - she is such an inspiration. Thanks for sharing! I love hearing long-term success stories. It gives me confidence that the plan and transition work. I really like the calendar concept, too...
naturamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 11:00 PM   #113  

Stealing a quote I found on one of these old boards from 2008:

"I can't lost 100 pounds, but I can lose 10 pounds 10 times!"

I have 80 lbs to lose, but 10 lbs 8 times seems much less daunting.
Old 12-21-2016, 12:20 AM   #114  
Jesus, I trust in You

Quote:
Hi ladies-

So last night I got my new Medifast shipment. Lots of interesting new things to try. Interestingly, they did not send two items (1/ea. Parmesan Cheese Puffs; 1/ea. Blueberry Oatmeal), but did send what I'm assuming were two "replacements" (pineapple mango smoothie; Optiva Chia Bliss Smoothie). Not sure it's worth $5 to complain. Thoughts?
TWINCA ~ I would call Client Services...you won't have to send back the two wrong items, but they will send you the right items at no charge to you and no shipping fees!
Old 12-21-2016, 12:27 AM   #115  
Jesus, I trust in You

What inspiration tonight! I needed to hear it, too. I am extremely tired and that binge monster was lurking in the recesses of my mind...it didn't help that my oldest son just came home from work giving me the "play by play" of his office party and all the homemade cookies. That just sent my brain in overdrive.
I just knew if I came on here I could and would reset my wantpower button - and Medifast if now front and center of my mind's eye.
Thanks, girls!!!
Old 12-21-2016, 10:59 AM   #116  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningGlory1950 View Post
What inspiration tonight! I needed to hear it, too. I am extremely tired and that binge monster was lurking in the recesses of my mind...it didn't help that my oldest son just came home from work giving me the "play by play" of his office party and all the homemade cookies. That just sent my brain in overdrive.
I just knew if I came on here I could and would reset my wantpower button - and Medifast if now front and center of my mind's eye.
Thanks, girls!!!
Joyce ~

You are awesome and so smart to find a tool, albeit this board last night, to fight off that lurking "binge monster" and not give in to the craving. I find it can be more difficult when we are tired, too.

You WILL win this weight loss battle, Joyce. Stay in attack mode and remember how great you feel staying 100% on plan. I'm rooting for you!

Karen
Old 12-21-2016, 11:04 AM   #117  

Quote:
Stealing a quote I found on one of these old boards from 2008:

"I can't lost 100 pounds, but I can lose 10 pounds 10 times!"

I have 80 lbs to lose, but 10 lbs 8 times seems much less daunting.
Twinca ~

I love this. And I can lose 10 lbs x 5 times. Sounds doable when you break it down like that. :-)

Karen
Old 12-21-2016, 12:26 PM   #118  
Jesus, I trust in You

Just another thought to tuck into the recess of your brain: a wonderful reminder from the thread The Beck Solution posted by Maryann:

"Good thing the scale is only a number. Yesterday was filled with 100 good decisions. I am holding onto that. BBE's (Bill Blue Eyes) excerpt about a program for life means that I ride out the highs as well as the lows."

Karen~ Thank you! I survived last night and awoke this morning fresh and renewed with nary a thought of "crazings!"

Last edited by MorningGlory1950; 12-21-2016 at 12:45 PM.
Old 12-21-2016, 12:43 PM   #119  
Jesus, I trust in You

Here's another lovely quote:

We are cups, constantly and quietly being filled.
The trick is, knowing how to tip ourselves over
and let the beautiful stuff out. - Ray Bradbury

May we enjoy the holidays, filling ourselves up with all good things...and sharing ourselves with friends, family and the strangers we meet along the way! (especially those in Walmart )
Old 12-21-2016, 02:57 PM   #120  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningGlory1950 View Post
Here's another lovely quote:

We are cups, constantly and quietly being filled.
The trick is, knowing how to tip ourselves over
and let the beautiful stuff out. - Ray Bradbury

May we enjoy the holidays, filling ourselves up with all good things...and sharing ourselves with friends, family and the strangers we meet along the way! (especially those in Walmart )
Joyce ~

That quote is so beautiful along with your words.

I'm so enjoying going into the holidays feeling in control and on plan...taking one day at a time.

Karen