Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 01-01-2019, 06:54 AM   #376  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy Happy New Year everyone.

I love the notion of a sunrise dog walk on New Year's Day - shouldn't be crowded out there this morning.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 04:55 PM   #377  
Workin' It

Happy New Year, all! I've been on vacation the last week, did a lot of cleaning and stuff so no real vacation stuff. Back to work tomorrow. As of this morning, I'm 7 pounds over December 1st, but I believe at least half of that is sugar and gunk. The rest.... well. I just made lunches for the rest of the week at work, and I'm throwing away the rest of the candy that is left here. Moving on. Etc.

Hope everyone had a good holiday.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 09:17 AM   #378  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Hi all!
Not been posting here but I obviously need to.
Back from our Christmas trip to Arizona and my weight is higher than it痴 been in many, many years. I was at 140.8 yesterday for my New Years weight. I知 very frustrated as I know menopause and thyroid issues are playing havoc here.

However, I知 rededicated and motivated! I was 139.2 today so I知 happy to be under 140 and hope to stay there.

I知 hitting it hard- using Lose It to track calories, joined a Diet Bet, and we ordered a Peleton Bike (Dh wanted and I知 really hoping it will help him get more consistent in his workouts though I plan to use it too). It arrives Monday and we are moving furniture, decluttering, etc to make a good spot for it.

Dh and I are off the remainder of the week and I知 hoping to make a dent in this weight gain.
I still want to get back to 125, but at this point I知 just trying to head in the right direction!

And those of you that don稚 know me on Facebook, we are getting two kittens! Still missing our Charlotte and Wilbur terribly. However, Biscotti and Gelato (brother and sister) will be joining our family around the end of January! So excited!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 03:05 PM   #379  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations on the new kittens Michelle. Looking forward to seeing them as Fb regulars!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 11:59 AM   #380  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

My weight did not change over the Christmas holiday and New Years, but I did go up a bit over Thanksgiving and have not lost that.

Officially, I am on a diet as of 1/2/19. I vowed to myself to do this so I can finally get all this weight that has been creeping up on me off of me. Yesterday wasn't bad at all (starting is the hardest part, don't you think?). My plan is up and now I just need to tweak it a bit here and there to get it just right. Meanwhile, since I'm doing low carb, DH has to eat all the yummy soup I made (homemade turkey noodle and clam chowder). I will make more turkey soup in the future, but will leave half of it without noodles for me!

We went to Tucscon, Arizona for New Years to see Peter White and Rick Braun in concert. We spent several days there and had a blast. On NYE, they had a silent auction and I won a 2 day pass to another jazz concert in Napa in June. I redeemed the voucher yesterday and attempted to book the hotel where the concerts are held, but they're fully booked for that weekend, so I had to get a hotel down the road. I miss not being able to just walk back to my room after a late night, but this will have to do. I don't know who we'll see there besides the headliner Brian Culbertson.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 03:56 PM   #381  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

alinnell, it sounds like you're off to a good start! Keep on going!

I'm up 2 pounds after the holidays, after being the same weight for months. I guess it must be time to cut back a bit! For me, it's not getting started so much as keeping momentum after two weeks.

Happy New Year!
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 09:51 AM   #382  
Workin' It

Well... I was actually up 8 pounds over my ticker low point on 1/1, not 7. Accuracy, Shan. As of this morning, I'm down to only 3.5# over my ticker weight. I'm not going to change it yet, though I know I prolly should. I'll move it on Monday to wherever I end up then.

This has been the longest short work week EVER.
Old 01-04-2019, 10:01 AM   #383  

Talk about accuracy! My old scale never required batteries. But only weight in half-pound increments. My daughter decided years ago that I needed to be weighed in .1 increments and bought me a new scale for Christmas or my birthday. This new one requires batteries. So I thought I had not gained weight over Christmas/New Years. Last night, I got up to go to the bathroom and the light on the scale was on (it only goes on when you step on it). I thought a cat had stepped on it. Well, when I got up this morning, it wouldn't register. So I changed the batteries and weighed myself. Instead of the maybe .3 pounds that I expected to be off, it was up over 2.5 pounds. I tried after my shower (and after drinking a large glass of water) and this time it showed I was down .7. So now I don't know what to think. Anyway, two good days under my belt and I feel better, but today is DH's birthday and he wants to go out to lunch.
Old 01-04-2019, 12:55 PM   #384  
Workin' It

Allison - my scale charges with a usb cord. I never remember to take it into the office and plug it in. Keep up the good days, they will show. Happy birthday to DH!
Old 01-04-2019, 03:18 PM   #385  

S/C/G: 184/132/125

Height: 5'5"

Good thing I skipped all the resolutions, because I overate by almost 1000 calories yesterday! Not even a party to blame, just being tired and snacking.

I want to get an old-fashioned doctor's scale with the sliding weights. Now that we have a new garage, it will have enough space.
HowlinAtTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 11:32 AM   #386  

The debacle with the scale is over and the weight is going down. I'm all good!
Old 01-07-2019, 09:46 AM   #387  

Little MIA lately, with getting ready for a trip. Had a very poor appetite for the week between Christmas and New Years. It was uncomfortable, but I'll take it. No wt gain this holiday, so far!
Georgette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 10:26 AM   #388  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Good morning and happy new year!
Im here for some nonjudgemental company in the trials and tribulations related to the scale. Im up to 140 after being in 120s for 5 years. My boogieman is both the binge and my lack of movement.
Going to try once again for calorie counting and reduction of carbs. (using my fitness plan app on my phone)
And accountability here.

so hello to my old friends and im looking forward to getting to know newer current members
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 11:05 AM   #389  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back, Kitty Cat. I was also over 140 for the first time in probably 10 plus years, most of those being in the 120's. I'm calorie counting, exercising, etc. and hoping to work my way back down. I'm currently 138.8, with my first goal to get back under 135, then 130. I'm using Lose It to track.

We have our Peloton Bike being delivered today so I'm hoping a new exercise routine will help to shake things up a bit.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 05:49 PM   #390  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Kitty Cat.

Dgmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote