Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 09-13-2016, 10:18 AM   #361  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

JZJ, if you can hide anything from your mother, you're a better woman than I. My mother is especially good at ferreting out how much things cost. She has been known to go into my trash searching for receipts.

I'm at 150.5 this morning. Why couldn't this have happened on the day that I weighed in for my doctor? I'm wearing a pair of pants that are tight in the thighs though not in the waist.

Another meeting coming up for that new product today. Yesterday I felt somewhat rewarded for the work that I did on Friday and Saturday on that presentation, even though it was edited down over the course of two meetings yesterday. It really needed a good edit, as I wasn't sure of the scope or focus. I fear it will suddenly require more work this afternoon and will eat into my evening.

Last edited by saef; 09-13-2016 at 10:20 AM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 10:21 AM   #362  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Glad you have your best friend to talk to, JZJ.

Allison-- nothing like a goal to get you refocused, right?! FUN!

I'm going to an author luncheon today so lunch is out of my control. That always stresses me a bit. My stomach seems to be iffy today as well (from my cold medicine?) so not sure how the day is going to go. Hopefully my stomach has calmed down by this afternoon so I can go to bikram.

It feels like dh has been gone forever but he was home for a long time so I guess I'm not used to him being gone again. He comes back in 8 days....
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 10:44 AM   #363  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I did really well yesterday. No exercise, but I had to go to the grocery store. Today, I have to go to the dentist so the exercising will have to wait.

Yesterday:
B-blueberries
L-lean cuisine entree
D-Monte Cristo sandwich, fruit

Today's plan:
B-melon
L-salad and Activia light yogurt
D-thin crust pizza and salad
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 08:05 PM   #364  
Senior Curmudgeon

S/C/G: 162/134/125

Height: 5'2"

Are there truly people out there who never eat except when they're truly hungry? And always stop the minute their hunger pangs are assuaged, before they feel truly full? I'm struggling to wrap my mind around a species of human who truly never compares what she eats to what others eat, because s/he eats exactly what s/he wants, as much as s/he wants, when it suits him/her, obviating the need for jealousy and self-pity. But the amount s/he eats is spontaneously only enough to maintain ideal body weight. WTF? How does that happen?
neurodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 08:48 PM   #365  

I have met some of those people, Andrea. My son is very much like that and I don't know where he got it from. I wish I had more self control.
Old 09-14-2016, 02:21 AM   #366  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Yes, my son too.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 07:44 AM   #367  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

And my partner. That doesn't mean that if she gets a hankering for pie and ice cream she won't have it, though. That's what really gets me.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 08:50 AM   #368  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
And my partner. That doesn't mean that if she gets a hankering for pie and ice cream she won't have it, though. That's what really gets me.
Exactly. Here we suffer doing without as we try to lose weight and they just keep it off and can eat whatever they please.
Old 09-14-2016, 10:50 AM   #369  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

My mom was anorexically thin her whole life-- and always woe is me-- I can't find clothes small enough. She couldn't eat if she was stressed or upset. She did eat whatever she wanted-- ice cream, milkshakes, etc. but she just didn't eat 3 meals a day-- her eating was sporadic depending on her moods. She also smoked like a chimney and drank coffee from morning till night... She constantly called me fat and worse so it's no wonder I have issues with food. So, yes, those people exist, but I think they are few and far between. And I'm definitely built like my dad....
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 11:26 AM   #370  
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/152/~135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

Andrea, my husband. Who is 6' and 140 lbs and would kill to gain weight. An interesting part of his upbringing is that his mother is from East Germany and never had abundant food post-war. He was raised accordingly, rather than American style. So he feels gluttinous about eating larger amounts of food, whereas many of us might think "heck, I'm borderline underweight and can't gain if I try - I may as well go to town!" It's interesting to watch him make a small cup of ice cream for dessert, when he could easily eat two pints.
JayZeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 11:35 AM   #371  
Girl Gone Strong

Oh, I get it. I've had people ask me how it is that I can go out to dinner and skip having a glass of wine, or not feel like drinking at a party. I shrug, as I have to know them really well to reply honestly: Because alcohol is not my vice, my desire, my source of comfort and oblivion.

I'm at 152 this morning after getting in late from work, eating dinner and going straight to bed. Stuck in a traffic jam this morning, checking email, I discovered a manager wanted further changes on a third iteration, that I'll be working all week on getting the content right -- and also, that I am losing my office. Someone more important than me just got hired into an adjacent division, so I'll be booted out of my shared office into cubicle land. Not a morale booster that makes me want to put my head down and work harder, I can say that.

Also the insurance company wants to get me out of the hotel and into temporary housing if the renovation could take as long as five months, as one guy suggested.

Last edited by saef; 09-15-2016 at 09:00 AM.
Old 09-14-2016, 11:45 AM   #372  
Workin' It

Michele - my mom is just like yours with the anorexically thin and can't eat when stressed, without the coffee and the smoking. She always thinks she's fat, even when she weighs 80 pounds.

JZJ - I'm glad that you had your friend there to talk to and hope things are getting better.

Andrea - I know some people naturally like that, but not very many.

I'm tired. Again? Still? Always? My exercise is good, has been solidly on point for 6 months. My headspace and yoga are good. My food has been up and down. So, my weight has been up and down. My self esteem has gone right along with it. Life is wearing me down. DSS says he is doing better in school, but we have no teacher feedback yet so we just don't know.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 01:27 PM   #373  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Shannon, well done, DSS!
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 05:26 PM   #374  

Wednesday started just great with a great plan that got derailed when we needed to fire an employee. While this is never a fun thing to do, this was even worse when the employee became belligerent with both me and DH. Stress was high and I decided DH needed some time away from work (ie an adult beverage with lunch). That means dinner will have to be smaller than what I had planned.

B-melon
L-2 small slices of pizza, salad, wine
D-eggs in one way or another
Old 09-15-2016, 09:02 AM   #375  
Girl Gone Strong

I'm at 150.7 this morning, and I need to call the insurance company to find out how they'll help me find temporary housing, do more work on the major project, figure out what to talk about at the weekly staff meeting, put a big framed poster in my car after hours which had decorated the office, and conduct two one-on-ones with direct reports.

I need more coffee.

Last edited by saef; 09-15-2016 at 09:02 AM.