Old 02-01-2006, 11:16 AM   #16  
Back in the saddle!

Height: 5'8"

Arrow WI = maintained

Well, ladies, I maintained again today (have been the same since Saturday). I guess that's better than gaining, right? The counselor told me it is not unusual to maintain the entire week during TOM, and many women even gain a couple of pounds. But it is a bit discouraging, especially since I really have been doing great OP (no cheats or anything!).

Thanks for all the warm welcomes and well wishes! (And thanks, Carmen, for the explanation of the acronyms ) Hopefully, as everyone has stated, this month will be a great one for all of us!

Another question for this newbie... Ever since I started the plan (January 18), I have been walking at least 1 mile every day. This is coming from a completely stagnant lifestyle. What kinds of changes should I expect to see while my body is adjusting to the exercise?

The other challenge I face is that I'm on Red Plus, no lites. I have trouble getting all of my portions in, and am not sure how to deal with that. If I'm not hungry, does it make sense to drink juice just to get the calories in? (It's so against everything I have learned about dieting over the years.) Also, the giant portions of meat are a big issue for me. I just can't eat 7-8 oz of meat at once -- that's about half a pound!

Any advice/suggestions?
green0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 11:17 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Hey Julie - Yup in Van,BC ....Oh well all that moisture keeps the wrinkles away + the hills have tons of snow.
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 11:19 AM   #18  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Oh-is that why I don't have many wrinkles? I thought it was because I didn't have any kids
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 11:30 AM   #19  

Green~ I have always maintained or gain during TOM, this is the first time ever I have had a loss and that is probably because i had cheats last week. I love the 2 days after TOM though because I usually loose about 1.5 pounds.
Yes, it does make sense to eat a celery stick or drink juice to get in the extra calories so your body will have what it needs and not hold onto the calories you have eaten. Also try to split up your proteins and use the CC and frozen meal and veggie proteins to not have to eat so much “meat” every day. I am really scared of maintenance just because i fear I will have to eat big portions.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 11:31 AM   #20  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Thanks again all, for the warm welcome - I just knew I had found the right place to help me start this thing!

Does anyone have some good advice for staying OP during the Superbowl? I am a HUGE Steelers fan and just know we will be doing a party somewhere - in fact, although I live on Washington State, one of the Steelers defensive linesmen makes his off-season home here and recently opened a sports bar - I know that's where all the Steelers fans are going to be, taking refuge from the massive crush of Seahawks mania!
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 11:36 AM   #21  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Morning all!
Heather- I know your words of wisdom were meant for Norissa, but thank you just the same. I needed to hear it. I am really struggling too. I have thought a lot about why I have been sabotaging myself lately. I think that I am feeling sorry for myself, that my health is not that great. I believe that I am trying to comfort myself with food. I think that I am feeling a little depressed, cabin fever, you know. Chronic pain is difficult to live with, but not impossible. I used to get really irritated with an aunt of mine who also who has fibromyalgia, because she let it rule her life, and did not even try to control it. Now I see myself doing the same thing. This is a bad habit that must be stopped. I used to refuse to let pain hold me back, or get me down. I think that during that time, however, I dulled pain with food. I am going to set a few goals, to be posted on my fridge, to help me get back into control of my life. This is what they are:

1- Exercise daily, even just 15 minutes, no excuses.
2- Follow plan POP, as I know that I feel better when I do.
3- Get outside, during the day, for at least 15 minutes, no matter if it is cold.
4- Get to bed by 10:30.
5- Remember to do something for myself everyday.
6- Love myself enough to stick close to my goals.

Thanks for all of your friendship and support everyone. I cannot tell you what it means to me. Here is to a wonderful February, full of SV, NSV!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 11:37 AM   #22  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Katie, we're here for you, the good and the bad- you can do this
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 11:42 AM   #23  

Hey ladies. Well, I don't know what did it, but I did find my motivation and I have been really sticking to the plan. I've also been taking the Excel and Reduce pills they have. This is so embarassing to discuss - but I've been really constipated with the diet. Any suggestions? I did this diet last year and never had a problem. I wonder if it is the pills. I'm planning on buying that tea they have and hopefully that will help. Thanks for the support ladies!
Amykf1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 12:06 PM   #24  
Katie

Amy, You can buy Smooth Move tea, I think it is by Medicinal Nutritionals, in your supermarket for half the money, and it is great. Drink it before bed, and whammo!! The next morning, you will be cured. Also, make sure you are taking your Essential Fatty Acids, they really help. I buy mine at Walmart, way cheaper than LAWL. Lastly, a baked apple with cinnamon does the trick for a lot of us. Just slice an apple in half, place both halves in a dish with a little water, and microwave for about 6 minutes. Top with cinnamon, and enjoy. I also like some FF Cool Whip on mine. Good luck. We have all been there with this diet. Katie
Old 02-01-2006, 12:19 PM   #25  

Red face Another newbie here

Hello everybody,

I have been lurking for a few day checking out all the posts. I started LAWL 2 weeks ago and have had an 8 lb. loss so far. I am looking forward to getting to know all of you and also for the great support group I am seeing here. I have ALOT of weight to lose, but am in the right frame of mind to get there. I am on Red plan with lites right now.

Debbie
Debster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 12:21 PM   #26  

Purple: I totally agree with your first post! to a POP month!

Green: A belated welcome! Good luck at WI (weigh in) today!

Momof3: I too have been lurking and I'm feeling like you. You have a BOT (back on track) buddy lurking with you! New month, new start, right! Let's get with it!

Purple: Great words of wisdom directed to Norissa, and I'm taking your advice!

2Bfit: I'm with you all the way!

Hi to the rest of you ladies.

Hugs, Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 12:44 PM   #27  
Katie

Welcome Debbie! Congrats on the 8 lbs, that is great!!!
Old 02-01-2006, 01:32 PM   #28  
PurpleSunshine

Debbie - Great success so far - keep up the good work!!!

Sy - Thanks for the comments - I'm just glad that I can try to help someone - I don't know all the ends and outs of LAWL, but I've been there and done that and I feel more motivated now than ever. But I'm sure I'll need it one day and I know you gals will be there for me.....

Katie - I'm glad the words helped. I have been there with the sabotaging myself - I did it most of last year after I had some major family issues. I just couldn't seem to get out of my "FUNK" as I called it. I didn't gain alot, but never got motivated enough to lose either. Just did my own thing and took for granted that I was cheating myself not anyone else. I have no idea what you go through w/ the fibro or any chronic illness, but I got a taste of just a little Friday when I was so sick. I couldn't hardly dry off from my shower b/c my body was so sore to the touch. I told someone - it reminded me of how someone describes fibro. Just know that with your new goals for yourself - it will help you feel better - mentally and physically. You definitely need some time for yourself too - being in the house with kids all the time - can get frustrating and depressing. I only have one - but I can't stand more than 48 hours without going somewhere. Remember no matter what that your two goals....

Remember to do something for myself everyday.

Love myself enough to stick close to my goals.

are the most important. I truly believe if you are happy, do things for yourself and love yourself - you will be able to do the other things that will meet your goals. Your a great chickie and have really helped me and made me feel welcomed. I'm sorry your struggling, but know that we are here for you -
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 02:22 PM   #29  

Height: 5'9"

Is the following correct for these plans

Purple: 2P, 2S, 4V, 3F, 1Fa and 1 Dairy

Red: 2P, 2S, 3V, 3F, 1Fa and 1 Dairy with protein to be 4oz beef and 6oz chicken.

If I was going to do Red without lites what would I add (1P, 1/2S ?) or would I just do Purple without lites.

My Sister In Law wants to try LAWL but does not have a center near her.

Let me know
Bogieboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 02:36 PM   #30  
Katie

Thanks Heather, you such a doll!

Boogieboo- Red is 2 1/2 P, 3 S, 3 F, 4 V, 1 D, 1 Fat, with protein being 8 oz of chicken and 6 oz of beef.