Old 02-06-2006, 10:03 AM   #166  
Back in the saddle!

Height: 5'8"

Mary, word of advice on the Thomas stuff! DS LOVES all trains, and adores Thomas! If you can, avoid the wooden Thomas stuff, because it's so much more expensive! The wooden trains are about $10 each, while the plastic ones are only $3-4. And they are not interchangeable. Also, as for videos, we bought several Thomas videos (the old ones where George Carlin and Alec Baldwin do the narration) on overstock.com for much less than retail anywhere we could find them. Plus, overstock only charges like $2 for shipping. We did end up investing in a train table when DS turned 3, and it was worth it! But we waited until he showed interest for about a year (like you).

Suzanne, sounds like you did the right thing meeting with your counselor. I'm glad your center is working with you!

Debbie, my center gave me the VHS too, but we don't have a VCR. I traded with a friend who has a VCR but no DVD for a "Walk Away the Pounds" video. It is about 20 minutes with warm-up and cool down, and by the time you finish, you have done a power mile. It's much easier than I thought, and on days when it's too cold or rainy to walk outside, I do that video at home.

Rosie, wow, that is a big dilemma. I agree with Purple, the best you can do is probably to eyeball the food! And definitely pack non-perishables for the trip over, like raisins, or lites, or whatever you can. It will be a challenge, but you can do it!

Purple, congrats on the $100, and on doing so well with the mozza sticks! I know it's tough! We have food catered in frequently here at work, and I never really gave much thought until the last few weeks how unhealthy it really is!

Shennie, I'm with Purple ... any news on Saturday's weight?

I will WI at my center over lunch ... about 2 more hours! I'm excited. My scale showed me down again this morning -- but 6 hrs makes a big difference.
green0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 10:44 AM   #167  
PurpleSunshine

Debbie - Thanks for the melba toast idea - I believe I had heard that from somoone too.....

Where do I find the melba toast - is it with all the other crackers? I think I bought some melba toast crackers - but they are garlic flavor - so I don't know if that would work just as well or not?? Any suggestions ladies??
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 11:22 AM   #168  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

Good morning ladies. Sorry don't have time to read all the posts I will tonight. I didn't want to get up this morning, so now I'm not going to the center to weigh either have to head straight to work. I packed a quick lunch last night and am choking down some cereal now, but have to get going. Wishing you all a POP day and will try and post tonight. I miss chatting with you all already
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 11:28 AM   #169  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Morning all! I have had an eventful morning all ready. DH took DS to school on his way to work, then the school calls to say that the kindergarteners do not have school today. They said that they forgot to send home a note. So I load my suburban up with a ton of kids and run into the school. On the way home, my car overheated. I only had about 3 blocks to get home when the light came on, but by the time I got here, steam was rolling off of the engine. Hope I did not do any damage to the motor. Superbowl started off well, ended not that good. I did not go crazy, but it could have been better. Oh, well. Today is a new day! Congrats to all of you who have done so well over the weekend!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 11:31 AM   #170  

S/C/G: 181.4/147.6/125

Height: 5'1"

Happy Monday ladies!!!

Well, I had a pretty good weekend. Had WI on Saturday morning and lost 2.6 pounds since Wednesday. Woo hoo!!!! I'm at 8.8 pounds lost since Jan 1st and my goal for the week is to get to 10 pounds lost!! I started TO today with the Knudsens juice so hopefully that will give me a little boost this week. Still haven't gone vitamin shopping yet- there's a GNC right NEXT to my center so I'll probably check it out tomorrow. I'm also starting to go back to Curves tomorrow- tried to go after WI on Sat but was already closed....I have to wake up earlier

Way to go all you losers!!!!
Have a great day everybody!!!

-Marisa
m_everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 11:33 AM   #171  
PurpleSunshine

Katie - Sorry to hear about your bad morning. I do hope there is not damage to your truck!! That sucks they didn't bother to send a note home - that is crazy!!! I'm sure you will get back on track today - I had a very hard time resisting yesterday - but that $$ competition really kept my mind from going anywhere else!!! I can see how easy it would've been though - and I was at home....

Barbar - I hope you have a wonderful day at work. I'm sure you will impress them all!! Let us know how it went tonight!!!

Marisa - Congrats on your wonderful progress!! Keep up the good work - and hey give yourself credit about going to Curves - at least you tried - that is important and definitely a NSV!!!
Old 02-06-2006, 11:40 AM   #172  
Katie

Heather- Money talks right? It must have a louder voice than food. Glad you guys had fun at the circus. Since DH works on Saturdays, I have been trying to take my kids somewhere interesting every Saturday. We have a planning meeting over breakfast, make a list, then get with it. This week we went to an airplane museum. The week before it was the library. Next week we are going to a matinee of Curious George, and the next week, the Natural History Museum to see a dinasour sea monster exhibit. My mom and sisters usually come with, so it makes it a little easier to take all of them. Luckily we live close to a bigger city, (big to Idaho, that is) because our town does not have much in the way of culture.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:42 AM   #173  

Heather~ actually made it to 150.4, but then I went to a superbowl breakfast buffet and well let’s just say I was scared to weigh in this morning. I am going to weigh tomorrow after a lemon water filled day of light foods on staying POP all weekend…way to go.

Suzanne~ so glad you go the help you needed

Debster~ I love making oven-fried and pan-friend foods with melba toast. My favorite in chicken nuggets…they are so crisp and crunchy, you will love it. I put my melba toast ina ziplock baggie and pound it with a mallet for a minutes and instant bread crumbs. I have also done fish before and it was great too.

Heather! You can find melba toast with the higher-end crackers …in my store it is a different ailse than the saltines and what-not.

Mary~ glad all of Eli’s party stuff turned out good.

Barb~ happy first day of work!!!

Leah~ my goal is 140, but I am aiming for a little under so that once I start weight training again and have a little salt here and there I will be 140…I hope to get to 135ish and I have until the first week of April so we will see.

Here is my latest social security rant. I finally get my son’s name stuff changed and I still get my return rejected because they say I have the wrong birthday, well I look at it and of course I know my birthday so I think, maybe some computer glitch and send it again, well it was rejected again and I called the social security office (wondering why does the IRS even need my birthday and why would I call social security about it anyway?) well anyhow back in 1980, someone added an extra 1 to my birthday so it is listed on there records as June 1, instead of June 11. After going to take a copy of my birthcertificate to the local office this morning (to prove that they messed up, I guess) they give me a letter that says it takes 6 WEEKS to verify that I am telling the truth (mind you , there computer says that before 1980, I was born on June 1st, so they know they messed it up) so I have the mortgage co calling me daily about earnest money so I asked the lady at the social security office and she said they won’t change the date until after they verify so I just filed my taxes today under my “fake” birthday. I hope it works, because I am sooo frustrated and I have to be out of my place by May 1 and I need to get this done. I am tempted to just have them roll the cost over into my loan, but I have to buy points then……I would say something bad about the govt. right now, but I am scared they might be watching me after how evil I was in the office today why me?!?
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 11:43 AM   #174  
PurpleSunshine

Wow - Sounds like you guys are really doing some interesting things. I was actually impressed that Savannah sat through the entire thing. I could tell she was getting a little restless the last 15 minutes or so. She dropped her passy about 15 minutes after intermission - so that caused 15 minutes of whining, but then she was okay - we found it after the show was over!!! I would love to take her to a maintee - but I'm scared it would be a waste of money - I think maybe once she gets 2 1/2 - it might be a little better.....Oh, I ask you a question about the lemon water in the sodium thread - let me know if it is the whole lemon you squeeze and how much water you are using??
Old 02-06-2006, 11:47 AM   #175  

heather, they have mommy matinees in my area, they are on Tuesdays and kids are required. see if you have them in your area, call your local theatre

Last edited by shennie_97; 02-06-2006 at 12:41 PM.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 12:12 PM   #176  
Katie

Okay, so I just got onto my bank's website to pay my house payment, and someone has already paid it, in cash. The bank has no idea who. They are going through their receipts from last Monday to try to figure out what happened. Probably someone meant to pay their own payment, and paid mine on accident. Especially since they overpaid by $150.00. I called my dad and asked him if he did that on accident, since we bank at the same place, but he said, no. The bank said that that payment should have showed up as a transfer from someone's account, but it doesn't. It just says, Loan Payment, which means that it was paid in cash. So weird. They are supposed to call me back within the hour. It would be great to not have to make my house payment this month, but I'm sure that won't happen, after all it was not my money that made the payment.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:35 PM   #177  

Morning ladies,
Katie- What a way to start the day huh?! At least to you were close to home and hopefully your suburban is ok.

Sheenie- I can't believe all the trouble you are having with the SS office. Of course leave it to the government to make everybody's life a little harder. Hopefully you can file with the fake info and get it straightened out soon.
I saw the recipe for the chicken nuggets, I will have to try them this week. There also was a recipe for breaded zuchinni, anybody try that yet??

Suzanne- Good for you on talking to you COD, we have awesome counselors at out center and I know it is so much better to go and be motivated when you have that kind of support.

Rosie- You can check with the airlines, sometimes they serve different meals for people with special food needs. You'll make right choices, just make sure to get lots and lots of water in. Will you have time to do some sightseeing while you are overseas?

I had a little personal victory yesterday, at work we were having a "meet the teachers" event for craft classes and one of the gals was decorating cookies for Valentines day. When I went on break, those dreaded cookies were in the breakroom begging to be eaten. I actually just pushed them to the other end of the table and didn't even give them a second look!!! A few weeks ago, I would have scarfed a couple down.
Debster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 12:36 PM   #178  
Back in the saddle!

Height: 5'8"

Thumbs up WI = Down 3.8 lbs!

Hey there, ladies!

Well, I WI and am down another 3.8 lbs since Friday! Woo hoo! It sucks having so much weight to lose, but the good thing about having lots of weight to lose is that it tends to come off more quickly in the beginning and keep you inspired!

Repo, weird about the house payment! They should do a search in their accounts by the amount of money deposited into your account and payments due within the past week and this week. It shouldn't be THAT hard to find who it belongs to. (I used to work in banking, and this happened from time to time.) The other common thing was transposed account numbers (like if yours is 12345, theirs might be 12354 or something like that). Hopefully, though, it was just a good samaritan making a payment on your house! It sounds like you do such fun activities with your little ones! That's so great! And man, I can't believe they forgot to send a note! Your poor car!

Barb, GL on Day 1 of the job! You will be wonderful!

Heather, GL with the money! You are committed, so you can do it!
green0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 12:52 PM   #179  
PurpleSunshine

Katie - Wow - let's hope that you don't have to pay that house payment and can take that money and do something nice for yourself - or catch up on christmas bills!!

Erin - - YOU GO GIRL!! THAT IS AWESOME - SEND some of those loser vibes my way!!!

Thanks ladies for the comments - I was proud of myself this weekend - it took alot to say know - but money is definitely motivating!!!

Oh, and at lunch - I FOUND THE HERB-OX CHIX packets - I was excited. They had the beef - but not in low sodium!! Whooo hoo - now I can make some chix noodle soup!!! Then when I get back to work I noticed that the recipe calls for cube steak - which I already bought - and then it is not in the protein list - I must have got it confused with club steak - Does anyone think it would hurt to have one meal with the cube steak if I use the melba toast for pan frying?? The recipe looks so good .....and I wanted to share with you chickies!!
Old 02-06-2006, 01:21 PM   #180  

Default hello ladies

Hello All,

I am new to this forum, and have to say I spent 3 hours reading all your past posts instead of watching the SuperBowl -- couldn't get away from you!

I joined LAWL the week before Thanksgiving and have lost 19 pounds (with 19 more to go). I am pretty much at the lowest I've been in my adult life, and feel lilke the rest is just going to come off so slowly. It's hard to be patient, but you all have inspired me! I am going to do it! Does anyone allow themselves a "cheat" meal or treat? I am just trying to figure out if that's feasible for me or not.

Again, thanks for all the great words and motivation!
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote