3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

Old 09-20-2006, 01:41 PM   #346
Nancy is on the go again

S/C/G: 190/ticker/140

Height: 5'3'

Hello everyone, this is my first post, so here I go:
My name is Nancy and I'm 37 year old from Indiana State. I started on the program on 8/29/06 and I'm on the Purple Plan. My S/C/G is 193/186/140. It's taking forever. The scale at home does not agree with the one in COD. And it's so hard for me to track my progress, if any at all. I only lost 7 lbs so far. I've been reading here for a while now, and finally decided to register in, so I can be part of such a wonderful group of people. You gals, are giving so much support to each other that is such a blessing at times. Thank you- Nancy
LittleBlueCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 01:50 PM   #347

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Welcome Nancy! Just jump in and join us in Losers and Friends! I'm 36 and on purple too.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:03 PM   #348
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

Welcome to all the Newbies! Glad to have you here!
mrsbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 10:43 PM   #349

S/C/G: 182/162.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi my name is Ulanda, I am a 36 y/o WOC and I went back to LAWL on Monday 9/18 because they had an open house at my COD. I am determined to get this weight off once and for all because the big 4-0 is quickly approaching. I have so many cute clothes from when I lost the 32lbs 4 1/2 years ago(unfortunately, I gained it all back). I would like to lose at least 15lbs by birthday, but I will settle for 10lbs. I am currently doing Turbo Jam for my exercise which I would highly recommend, if you like fun cardio.

I don't have a lot of confidence in the workers at my center, but I have learned a lot about myself over the last 2 years. I think I know what to do and what not to do. This time, I have decided that if it's going to be it is up to me. My biggest problem is them always trying to sell me something different.

I hope to be able to offer just as much support as I am looking to get.

Happy losing!!
2bfit06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 08:33 AM   #350
Jessica

S/C/G: 210

Height: 5'4

Hello Everyone,
I am Jessica, from Michigan. I am going to give the LA plan a shot. My friend is also doing it and it sounds healthy so I thought I would try it. I am married with 2 children ages 13 and 4. I am a caregiver for the elderely and going to school to become a nurse. I have been struggling with my weight since the birth of my son 4 years ago. I only got serious about it this past January. I was tired of getting tired so quickly and feeling slumpy. So I actually started attending the gym we paid for every single month and stocked up on healthy foods. I did great for 5 months and then fell off the wagon. I had lost 30 pounds and put back 10 over the summer. So..in a nutshell that is me! I look forward to getting to know you all.

~Jessica~
*Do weight training 3 times a week
*Attend 1 class a week
*Stay positive and motivated
sweetpea6602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 08:37 AM   #351

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Welcome Jessica! Jump on in and ask any questions or contribute anything you can.

Most of our activity takes place on the Losers and Friends thread.

Read our Daily Reason thread for motivation, and check out our Daily Menu thread for some meal ideas.

Glad to have you!
Old 09-29-2006, 09:25 AM   #352
LAWL Member

S/C/G: 214/178/150

Height: 5'1"

Jessica - Welcome aboard the LAWL ship! Lots of support here, it's a very positive group with inspiration and a sprinkle of Tinker Bell's fairy dust!

You already sound motivated...so I am sure you well have tons to offer and be an immediate inspiration to the rest of us. We are glad to have you.

getting back on track...

before I got off track...
MickeySue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 04:49 PM   #353
Jessica

S/C/G: 210

Height: 5'4

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies You all seem like a great group!

~Jessica~
*Do weight training 3 times a week
*Attend 1 class a week
*Stay positive and motivated
sweetpea6602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 09:34 PM   #354
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Hi All
Seems like there are many of us close to same start weight, age etc. I am Kristen, 36 and married with two girls that are 3 years of age and 20 months. Two pregnancies and the stresses of the terrible two/threes, potty training etc led me to losing a bunch of weight but putting some of it back on this summer. I met a lady in a class that had lost 70lbs and went to check out LAWL. The center I went to scared me as the staff knew nothing and were so obviously reading a sales pitch. I tried the center she went to and found much better staff. I had done a lot of research and heard all about the sales tatics but realized I can say NO anytime and I actually don't mind the bars.
I picked a goal weight but most important for me is to lose the 'mommy' body, feel fabulous in a pair of jeans with a Tshirt tucked in (!) and set a good example for my girls.
I am thrilled to have found this site as I have done WW in the past so am used to tracking but have to learn this whole system and look forward to the help.
Pleased to meet all of you!!!!

Last edited by KrispieD; 09-29-2006 at 09:41 PM.
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 09:46 PM   #355
Nancy is on the go again

S/C/G: 190/ticker/140

Height: 5'3'

Welcome KrispieD!! These is an awesome place to be! I also saw a co-worker that lost a BUNCH on LAWL, that motivated me to join. Like I tell people: I'm the "fatest" Chinese that I know, and I'm tired of it. My goal is simple too: looking good in a pair of jeans and a simple white t-shirt tucked in. Great job on losing 7 pounds already!! It took me 2-3 weeks to lose that much. Will see ya around!

LittleBlueCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 07:43 PM   #356
Sammy

My Name is Samantha I live Bevaerton Oregon and I am 19.
I have just joined LAWL this week and have already lost about 4 pounds.Im ready for change but scared to do it.SO if you have any tips that would be nice im on the red plan.

HALF WAY POINT::

Started--September 25 on LAWL.....Restarted January 28 after being off plan for a month because of health problems.
Booger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 10:44 PM   #357
LAWL Member

S/C/G: 214/178/150

Height: 5'1"

Welcome KrispieD & Samantha! We are always happy to get new "Faces"! I am sure you will find lots of help and support hare as I have. There is not a better group of gals anywhere!

There is a newbie forum thread you might want to check out and the rest of us "chat" on the Losers and Friends thread! It can be pretty quiet at times on the weekends but always rockin' during the week.

getting back on track...

before I got off track...
MickeySue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 08:11 PM   #358
I want to be a Loser!!

S/C/G: 227/220/160

Height: 5'4"

Hello Everyone.. Today I started my journey with LAWL. I am excited as well as anxious. So here is a little background info.. I am 26 with one little one. I am a military wife, as well. I have been overweight as long as I can remember. I have tried so many "fad" diets with the typical "yo-yo" effect.. Each new year I always promise myself that this will be the year and I will lose the weight for good. However with each passing year I gain more and more. So the final straw for me has been not losing much of my preggo weight and even gaining back some that I did lose. I am so tired of not being able to wear my clothing or not feeling good. I am ready to be the new me!!

I look forward to talking with you losers, sharing our journeys as we win some and lose some..

CHRISTMAS 2006 GOAL

LONG TERM GOAL

"Life~~What a beautiful ride"
SAHMof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 09:32 PM   #359
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to our great group of Losers! You've probably figured out that most of the chatter happens on the monthly Losers and Friends thread...come check us out!
Old 10-10-2006, 09:51 PM   #360
Gaia

S/C/G: 235/230/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Hi, I'm Wilma .

I just signed up for LA WeightLoss just a few minutes ago, and because I'm a vegetarian, I didn't get started on the TakeOff quite yet. She says I can do that later. She did, however, give me the vitamin package, and she says on Thursday I can get my meal plans and food diary and all that stuff.

Oh, and... I'm 23, probably one of the youngin's. No children, not married yet. I'm in my special ed teacher's credential program at Cal State Monterey Bay. I used to be very into martial arts and fitness. I was vegan for 6 years, but I'm just a regular ovo-lacto now. And... I work for Easter Seals as a Respite Care Provider -- which is basically babysitting for children with disabilities.

That's all. And I hope to have as much success as you all have had. I'm at my highest weight ever right now... 234.8 according to the scale at the center.

gaia_1109 is offline   Reply With Quote