Old 12-17-2004, 02:40 PM   #121  

I was disappointed to see a 1.4 lb gain when I went for WI last night. I'm sure it was because I went much later in the day than ususal and not long after eating. My home scale this morning showed that I was actually down .2 from Wednesday morning. It's funny how much weight fluctuates throughout the day.

I was tempted to skip my WI yesterday because I knew it was going to read high. But my center is offering a free bottle of EFA if you go for 3 WIs this week - I'm all for free stuff! If I didn't go last night, I knew I wouldn't be able to get 3 visits in this week. I'm sure I'll be back down when I go for WI tomorrow. It's so psychological...even though I expected the scale to be up last night, it was still frustrating to see the numbers going in the wrong direction...

Julie - It's interesting what you read about TOM. When I was young and thin, my TOM was always right on cue. After I had my daughter (and gained a fair amount of weight), it became so inconsitent and it drove me crazy. My GYN had me try all different kinds of BC pills, none of which did much to help regulate things. Now that I've been losing weight (and am approaching the weight I was before I became pregnant), my TOM has become more and more predictable.
lisalutzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 02:48 PM   #122  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

does anyone know the nutritional information for LAWL slimdowns.
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 06:00 PM   #123  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Ok dont have much time but wanted to post quickly. Oh by the way i see that it was very very quiet here today! I went to WI and was down .25 yes thats right im finally down 20 lbs!!!! YAY Anyway just got to my boyfriends so i guess i better go lol but i had to check in with you guys and let you know. Everyone have a great weekend and wtg those who had a loss this week and those who didnt we always have next week
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 10:20 PM   #124  

Hi Everyone!

Sorry I have been MIA all week. The computer crashed and was being completely rebuilt. I'm completely 3FC deprived and now it's the weekend and I'm going to have to wait til Monday when everyone is back here... On a good note my computer is better than ever and I have a cable modem hook up to the internet, which is so fast! YIPPEE!

Gosh I had a lot to read and catch up on...

Star - LOL on your inner peace joke I'm sure there are some similiar things I could find in my house and I really could use the inner peace! cheers Oh...and thanks for the information on the health-o-meter scale! I put it on my x-mas list.

I have something to tell all of you...I was at my center last Tuesday. I had a bad couple of days when my family was in town, so when I weighed in I was 1.4 lbs. up and needed the motivation to get started again. The counselor was great and she suggested to do TO and start a new...I told her that the TO juice was too $$$ and wait till you hear this...She said that instead of the TO juice I could use cantaloupe! Take 1 cantaloupe and split into 1/8s and eat 4 each day instead of the juice. I was thrilled!

Well on Tuesday I weighed in at 223.6 and by Thursday I weighed in at 219.8. AMAZING! I lost almost 4 lbs. I couldn't believe the scale. I can't wait to weigh in tomorrow (Saturday).

Britt - Have you tried the windsor pilates yet? I bought it months ago and still haven't given it a try. Maybe I'll attempt it this weekend. Let me know how it goes for you...

Well I better get off to bed...I have to get up early to take care of some hungry horses. Talk to you all later!

Diane
Bride2Be_Diane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 10:50 PM   #125  

Hey gals...!

I knew this was going to be a bad week/end with all the holiday stuff going on, but OUCH! I was up almost 2 pounds this morning, thanks to TOO MUCH good food at the potluck last night...DH is upstairs making Spritz cookies as we speak for the two potluck events we have tomorrow and Sunday... (I'm not updating my ticker, though, cause that would make the two pounds REAL as opposed to just in my head, LOL!)

Anyway, I'm sitting at my computer watching my printer spit out pages for our Christmas calendars verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry slooooooooooooooooooooooowly, so if anyone wants to come play with me, I'll be here!

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 08:37 AM   #126  

Hiya chickies!

It's very cold this AM - I hope Meegs is not going to try to run!

OMG - Tea at the ritz - totally Not On Plan (NOP) - but very good. A raisin scone with cream and jam; those luscious little sandwiches (they were only the size of a half dollar, though), and the little cakes (I only had three), and lots of tea. But - luckily, I got home late enough so that I didn't eat anything else - so the scale didn't reflect UP this AM.

Fiona - you are so creative - doing your own calendars. That must be where your DD gets it from.

Diane - glad to see you back - how many horses do you have? It sounds like you'll be the BL this week if you keep on going. . .

Britt - isn't it great when that scale finally hits 20! I hit it this week, too. It's beginning to feel like a real amount of weight. Bigger than a turkey.

Lisa - they had that EFA offer at my center, too - but they were out! Does anyone take it? The counselor suggested 4 tablets a day, which seems a little excessive. I already take omega 3s (I figure I need all the brain help I can get) - but I'll take anything for free. Also, regarding TOM - I find that I'm fluctuating between 3 to just over 4 weeks - and it's hard to know if it's because I'm approaching that certain age, or weight loss, or a combination of both.

its_my_life - this is Bev, right? I was hoping you hadn't dropped us - in my search for LA info on the web - I found a blog that had some breakdowns and substitutes. This may help you for the slim downs:
The breakdown of a slimdown shake is as follows:
-250-270 calories (45 from fat)
-5g total fat (3g saturated fat)
-36g carbs
-less than 1 to 2g fiber
-32g sugars
-20g protein
-additional cholesterol, sodium and potassium content
These are the replacements this blogger found for the slimdowns:

Replacements for SlimDown shakes
-EAS AdvantEdge Ready to Drink (high sugars like slimdown)
-Myoplex Lite Ready to Drink (less sugars than slimdown)
-Myoplex Carb Sense Ready to Drink (less carbs)
-Myplex Carb Sense Nutrition Bar
-AdvantEdge Nutrition Crisp Bar
-AdvantEdge Nutrition Layered Bar
-Atkins Advantage Bar
-Atkins Ready to Drink Shakes
-GeniSoy Bars

I'm not sure I can find the website again, but I could try if you want more info. . .

Star - I'm trying to rock and roll away the fat (rolls) that is. . .

I'm hoping for skinny vibes from all you chicks as I go have a holiday lunch today - and then I have to face the kitchen in the evening. .

{{Hug}}
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 10:31 AM   #127  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

Julie, thanks for the information about the slimdowns. I am trying to find alternatives so this information is very helpful.

No I am still here just busy with christmas shopping and getting ready for the holidays.

bev
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 09:21 AM   #128  

Hello everyone -

Thank you for the welcomes. "Videochick" is from way back when ebay first started and I sold all the exercise videos I wasn't using. My then boyfriend set up the account for me, thus my moniker. I studied broadcast journalism in school, but it's been years since I've done anything close to working in tv.

I was up .4lbs at the end of this week. The holidays are tough! I really believe that once you get within that 10lb range of your goal, every little bite or sip shows up. I am also known to bring in lighter clothes to WI, especially this time of year. My goal these next two weeks is just to maintain, then even a .2 loss would be a nice surprise.

The new, improved plan really gives more options in the veggie department. If you buy LA's new ranch dressing, you can dip the baby carrots in or some other cut up veggies. I admit to using mushrooms a lot as a veggie serving just because they added a little more oomph to a protein serving.

Congratulations to everyone who lost this week, the maintainers and those of us who showed a gain, but got back OP! I can't access the board at work, so I'll probably most 1-2 times a week. So, it may take me awhile to get everyone's names and personalize my posts.

Have a great week everyone.
Melissa
videochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 05:10 PM   #129  

Hey gals - I am SO FAT today, LOL! I didn't plan very well for this first round of holiday parties, and I am paying the price! Hopefully I can get things under control this week, and do better over the actual Christmas weekend.

But, on the up side, I got my first Christmas present today! There is a particular tote/laptop case at Franklin Covey that I've been drooling over, except that they never have it in stock in black. Then yesterday I found one on ebay! I was telling my MIL, who had commented that she also has visited a dozen stores and not found the right one in stock, about the bag on ebay, and she told me "Wellll...I hate to spoil the surprise, but we were going to give you cash to pick out another bag you like, for Christmas." So I'm getting the e-bay bag! I think I would have died if I hadn't said anything, and then gotten the cash just a few days after I could have had THE bag! So that's my first Xmas present. I know that DH has gotten me jewelry, because it's hidden in his office and I know for a fact there's no spare room in his office for anything bigger than a jeweler's box! I love giving and receiving gifts, but I have no patience for waiting until "the big day" to find out what I'm getting, and to see everyone's reactions to my gifts.

Well I'm still printing away (I've messed up half a dozen pages so far due to ink running out, so it's taking even longer than planned) so I suppose I should get back to it.

Fiona
(who is still not updating her ticker! )
Old 12-19-2004, 08:05 PM   #130  

Hi everyone. I went to the center on Friday and was up a little. I wasn't suprised as I have been out shopping and eatting store bought roasted chicken as I've been too busy to cook. I can relax now, Christmas shopping is completed.

Fiona: I'm with you and all the holiday stuff going on - I'm going to do my best this week - that is all I can do with all the temptations. Today I was OP all day, just lacking the water which I'm determined to get in before I go to bed.

Did you ever have one of those days? I don't drink caffiene so I was out yesterday and drank a huge diet Pepsi. Then, went to a Christmas Party last night, had 2 glasses of wine - and stopped drinking as I was the DD for the night. Only thing there I could drink was diet Coke, and I had such a caffiene buzz - I couldn't get to sleep until after 3:00am. I think I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I should have walked around and went back to sleep but didn't. DH asked me why I was grouchy and I didn't think it was me. Well, I'll have to tell him I'm sorry because it was ME. Everyone I spoke to today got under my skin. One think after another. Sorry to be venting, but I feel frazzeled. My one sister called and we both vented about our other sister that is getting under our skin and now I feel better. LOL! I'm determined to have a wonderful Christmas if I have to spend it alone. This has been a year of change in our family and no one is liking it. Anyone have a divorce in their family that just changed everything? If so, how do you deal with it? Why is always the people not involved affected by it the most?

Well, I hope to check in as much as possible this week. I really need to keep in touch so I don't allow myself to go out of control. Skinny vibes to everyone (and I'm including myself). Hey, look at the snowman - looks like me today.

Hugs to everyone, Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 08:13 PM   #131  

Oh yeah, went to the center on Friday and I was up a little over 1 lb. Yikes! Please sent me the will power to avoid 'some' of the holiday goodies this week. ~sy~
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 09:19 PM   #132  

Hey Sy - ! Sounds like you've had quite the week. I slept wrong, or too much, or something last night, as I woke up with a banger of a headache today, and I've been trying really hard not to take out my pain on everyone around me! Actually it wasn't too hard as I've been fairly distracted from the headache by the fact that DD has picked up a really bad head cold - enough to give her a fever, even, which is rare for her - and it's impossible to lose your temper with someone who obviously feels worse than you! So we snuggled a lot today. Just now I had her cozied up in my bed, watching a movie while I made her a sandwich for dinner, and in the time it took me to assemble PB&J, she completely conked out! (And guess who ate the sandwich? ) So I just picked her up and tucked her in her own bed. I really hope she's feeling better tomorrow, 'cause DH has some major studying to do and I don't have any personal time left for the year (not that my work won't give me the time off, I just hate feeling overextended!) so it would really be best if she could go to daycare!

Have a good one everybody! See you around tomorrow!

Fiona

p.s. - I won the auction, and got my beloved bag for better than half price!

Last edited by mkfionap; 12-19-2004 at 09:21 PM. Reason: to correct typos!
Old 12-20-2004, 08:09 AM   #133  
234/165.8/160

Good morning ladies!

For all of my talk last week of protion control and moderation, I fell completely off the wagon this weekend. It started with work party on Thursday night, one more cranberry/vodka than I should have had...didn't feel well Friday, so no breakfast or lunch, by dinner I decided lasagna sounded like a good idea. then Saturday I spent the entire day baking cookies and making fudge (sampling all the way), then another party Saturday night with not very good choice (plus more drinks)...of course, the hostess sent us home with leftovers...i avoided the birthday cake, but nothing else. I'm so disappointed in myself...I completely gave in to almost all of my TOM of the cravings and the scale this afternoon is not going to be pretty. However, on a positive note, I picked myself up, bought some Knudsen's juice last night and started TO today to get myself back in line. I will be POP until Christmas Eve, then I WILL practice moderation and portion control...except with sweets, I'm avoiding them totally...I know I can't stop at one.

Britt-Congrats on the 20lbs lost!!!!

Take care,
Jen
auditgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 09:33 AM   #134  

Morning Chicks -

Brianna is still feeling sick today (fever, stuffy head, cough and now she says her chest hurts) so I'm staying home so Levi (that's DH) can focus on studying for his finals. Doctor appointment at 10:30 - everyone please keep your fingers crossed that it's nothing major and that she's better by tomorrow so that I don't have to take off MORE work. Of all the weeks for her to get sick...

I'll be checking in periodically, as there isn't much else to do with a kid sick in bed!

Fiona
Old 12-20-2004, 10:04 AM   #135  

Default Morning Chicks....

Well the holidays are officially here and we are all having a of a time dealing right now huh

Sy, Fiona, Jen, Julie, Diane, Melissa - Look I think with one exception we are all fighting more than ususal with the dang scale. There is power in numbers. If nothing else, this thread proves from our posts that we are all in this toghether and it ain't easy It will pass...

I did awful this past weekend too, I'm glad not to be alone. Today is a new day and I'm gonna be good until Christmas Eve and ofcourse Christmas Day.

Fiona - I'm with you 100% - I'm not changing my ticker and I'm not getting on the scale either.......

Hi to the chicks I missed.......catch you later.....HUGS
:snf:
Star is offline   Reply With Quote