Old 12-28-2004, 07:43 AM   #241  

Day 3....here we go! So far so good. I missed one fruit yesterday, but other than that had a great on plan day! WOOHOO

Today I am back at work after the holidays...oh the tempations at work this time of year!!! I will be a good girl though! : ) Good think I only have to work 3.5 days this week. YIPPPEEEEE

My first weigh in is on Friday...right before TOM. Anxious to see how that goes.
Jibbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 08:56 AM   #242  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Good Morning Everyone,
It's now day 2 for me. I stayed OP yesterday. I did miss one fruit as well. I got up and did 15 minutes on the bike again this morning. This is all big accomplishments for me... I also got on the scales this morning, and guess what. I'm down 4.2 pounds since yesterday. I know it was from all the ham and sodium filled foods I've been eating but I'll take it. Now I'm out of those nasty 170's again. It's still hard to believe that before all this stress eating began, I was at one time down to 148. But atleast I'm headed in the right direction again.
I also woke up with a cold and sore throat and just not feeling real well. I know I'll get all my food in because nothing keeps me from eating...
I guess I'll check back in later. Have a great day everyone...

Last edited by Karen; 12-28-2004 at 09:09 AM.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 10:07 AM   #243  
It's MY Life

Thanks to you all for your posts. I appreciate all of the information. I have about 50-60 lbs. to lose and of course the commercials make this program sound very good. I wanted to hear from people who have really done the program and was happy to find you guys! Sounds like it could be a big outlay of cash to start? I was shown a copy of the "red plan" several years ago by a friend, can't remember any details of it, other than like what you said, certain amounts of proteins etc. Which "color" would go with a need of 50-60 lbs. Does anyone know?
Thanks again for your help. I just want to have "the scoop" before I make the plunge!
AdoAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 10:17 AM   #244  

Do you exercise Annie? I think the plan also depends on the amount of phsyical activity you do. : ) I would guess you might be on Purple...but just my guess.

If you want to do the program, and dont want to lay down a lot of cash...tell them your goal is to lose 20 lbs. That is 2 lbs/week...so 10 weeks at $X per week. Our center is $5 per week so that would be $50 plus the cost of bars (which you can buy as you go or buy at the beginning in bulk for cheaper). Does that make sense?

Hey ladies...do they charge you in the beginning for stabalization and maintenance weeks too? If so...that would throw a kink in my plan. LOL
Jibbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 10:33 AM   #245  
One meal at a time!

My center does. It's based on 52 weeks. It's however many weight loss weeks it takes and then 6 weeks of stabilization and the rest of the weeks are for maintenance. When I first started I had 41 pounds to lose. Mine was 21 weeks of weight loss, 6 weeks of stabilization and 25 weeks of maintenance. My total was 416.00 plus the bulk of bars. That was over 100.00 for that. It can get expensive but it's worth it if you can do it. I on the other hand have plyed around with it and it has now cost me more money. But, I know it works. My S-I-L has lost 75 pounds and has kept it off for a year now. Plus we have alot of people here that are at their goal. They started me on the gold plan but I'm now on the blue because of the hours I work. Good luck to you. And like someone said. You don't have to buy the bars or anything extra they have.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:34 AM   #246  
One meal at a time!

By the way, my weight loss weeks at that time were 8.00 a week. They have really good specials going on right now.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:40 AM   #247  
One meal at a time!

I don't have my plan here with me today, so does anyone know if we are aloud to have avocados and artichokes. This restaurant here makes the best shrimp and avacado salad. Of course I couldn't have the blue cheese dressing but I was just wondering. Since it takes so good, it probably isn't on plan....
Old 12-28-2004, 10:48 AM   #248  

Karen,

1/2 cup of fresh boiled artichokes counts as 1 vegetable.

1/8 of a medium avocado counts as 1 fat.
lisalutzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 10:51 AM   #249  

Hello everyone! Today is my 1st day on Take-Off...I am happy to have found this board to help on this journey we are taking. I am kinda nervous about the upcoming plan....
jkzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 10:51 AM   #250  
191.8/168.2/160

Hey Chicks,
I hope everyone had a great Christmas. I have been "on hold" at the center for 2 weeks because of the steroids I was taking and all the water retention. I have finally finished my dosage and am ready to get back on track.
We have about 3 inches of snow here in NC and that is totally throwing a kink in any plan that I had to get to Curves and weigh in. I was stuck at 174 2 weeks ago and I weighed on my scale this morning and it was 174.2. So, I bet they will want me to do the Take off and I really don't want to.
Any suggestions?
Tams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 10:53 AM   #251  
One meal at a time!

Lisa.....Thank You..
YEAH, I can have it. Well once I deal with the dressing issue. Thanks again.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:56 AM   #252  
It's MY Life

Karen, you say you started on one plan and then they switched you to a different one because of work--coud you explain that for me. Also, could anyone tell me the different plan colors and what weight loss levels go with the colors? Also, do they have a plan where you can do it at home? The nearest center is about 45 miles from me by highway--of course in the opposite direction of where I teach--which is 45 miles to the south of my home by highway. Not convenient, but I would do it if I thought that I could lose the weight on the program.
I don't exercise very much, with an hour drive to and from the school where I teach and my high school son's sports schedule there never seems to be enough hours in a day. Boy that sounds like a cop out even as I type it...
Sorry to be such a pain with all of these questions!!
AdoAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 10:58 AM   #253  
One meal at a time!

jkzoo....The plans just take a little getting used to but you'll have it mastered in no time. Plus, we are all here to help and support each other.

Tammy....I would just tell them that you want to go straight back to the plan. Or you can tell them you can't afford the juice right now with Christmas and everything. My S-I-L didn't do the juice plan once. She told them she wasn't buying anything extra.... Of course, a year after her program ended, she's still buying the bars...Go figure.
Old 12-28-2004, 11:09 AM   #254  
One meal at a time!

Annie....They started me off on the gold plan(I had 41 pounds to lose) They still tell me I should be on the gold to lose weight faster) But anyway, I was always hungry so they put me on the blue plan. All it is, is an extra starch and 1/2 protein more, plus 4 more oz of dairy.(I'm still only doing 4 oz of dairy)
I work 11 hours a day with no lunch break (I'm waiting on the owner to call me about that one) and I drive an hour each way to work too. Right now the only time I can go to the center is on my days off (if I want to drive an hour to do it) I will be doing it on Friday to make sure nothing has changed about my plan. I'm meeting with the manager/owner of LA then so we can go over my schedule. I'm not sure about any of the plans as far as the weight loss levels go except the red plan is if you exercise 5 hours or more a week and I think the green (most limited) is like for 125 pounds or less. Maybe someone else can help with that.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:27 PM   #255  

Annie - I am on purple with 80+ pounds to lose - I think I am supposed to switch to gold when I hit the mid-170s, so at about the 40-pounds-to-go mark. I bet they start you on purple and switch you to gold after a little bit. Also, Annie, I'm sure you can work something out with them, maybe you'll only weigh in once a week on a Saturday or something, or you can call in your weigh ins and go over your diary with a counselor by phone. Not to sound too cold-hearted, but after all if they can work something out with you, it's cash in their pocket!

Tammy - you were on hold and on a medication for two weeks and you maintained (not bad by the way!) - that is a different situation from being OP and still not losing. If they do suggest TO, I'd ask to give it a couple weeks back OP first.

I think I mentioned earlier that I'm scheduled to start going in for my weigh ins again next week (I put all of December on hold because I needed to regain some perspective!) and I think it was just the right amount of time because I'm actually excited to go back! I'm planning on switching centers, too, which I hope will help keep me motivated. I want a fresh diary for January, and boy do I miss my Lites!!! I plan to be POP this week so that I'm in the right frame of mind for that "first" weigh in. :

Well, I'm off to lunch - a POP one, of course!

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote