Old 12-14-2004, 03:23 PM   #76  

Hello eveyone! My name is Lisa. I am new to this forum but not really new to LAWL. I joined at the beginning of September and have been on the blue plan. I think I've been doing pretty well sticking to it. I have lost 29 lbs so far and have 8.4 to go to reach my goal. I came across this forum yesterday and thought it would be great to read about how others are doing on the plan. This seems like a really supportive group. I'm thrilled to have found a group of people who can identify with my struggles as I'm following this plan.
lisalutzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 03:36 PM   #77  

Welcome Lisa......sounds like you are doing great - congrats. This is a fun group and we have some other success stories here. I think we have two chicks at goal and several not too far away. At any rate, alot of helpful info shows up here and we can always use more skinny vibe chicks!
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 04:17 PM   #78  

Meegs - One of our customers just dropped off a Christmas basket with all kinds of goodies, including Florida oranges - yum!
Old 12-14-2004, 04:22 PM   #79  

Good golly, chickies!

You've been chatty this afternoon!

Welcome Lisa - glad you stumbled over us. We can be with envy when you reach goal, just as we are for Kristi and Sammy.

Diane, I'm with you and Sammy - I love Dorito's it's my favorite salty snack food - especially the nacho cheese. (With Diet Dr. Pepper, of course).

Jen - I used the Knudsen juice last week, wrote TO in my diary, and no one asked what kind of juice I drank.

Meegs - isn't office food the worst? And all the parties? It seems that Christmas = license to eat. And even just the social situations with food. Use this -> on that pasta (I got this idea from Star)

Star - I have the opposite problem with my DM - she's about 5'1", and 110 - we eat lunch together, and she says she won't have to eat until tomorrow. I'm already planning dinner! The chicken wrap isn't too bad - I'd count the french fries as a starch and a fat (is this the rainbow plan again)

Aphil - thanks as always for being the voice of reason! I wondered about the starch blockers, since in the normal LAWL plan we only have 2 servings of starch, and those are SMALL

Also, I understand that the caloric differences between the juices are small, but what would you say is the point where they do make a difference? 100 calories over a course of a day?

Hope you've had a good POP day everyone - I'm making the teriyaki steak recipe from the LAWL cookbook for dinner tonight (substituting real brown sugar for the fake stuff).

Hugs
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 04:42 PM   #80  

Julie - Okay now that you chicks keep on bringing up Doritos I have to ask if any of you have gotten this stuff in a big plastic container from your grocery -it's called Fiesta Mix??? Well I picked a tub up for Davids birthday party. It is Doritos, Cheese twists,pretzels, corn chips, chex and maybe a few nuts. Man oh man, that stuff is awesome. I tasted it on Sunday (party day) and I said to DH "Wow is that ever good" he said "Yeah, it is to you becuz you never eat any of that stuff." then I thought about it, it only cost $3.99 for a big tub, so it probably wouldn't be that good to "normal eating" people. BUT to you chicks it would be heaven........

Thanks for the thumbs up on the wrap. As for the fries, it was as if something evil took over my entire body, the air got cold, I got dizzy (music from Twlight Zone plays in background)........it was beyond the Rainbow Plan
Old 12-14-2004, 04:50 PM   #81  

Star - I'll be honest - I usually only buy doritos at the gas station, or at a 7-11 - because I try to get the snack size. But the Fiesta Mix sounds awfully awesome, and I may look for it for the next potluck I go to.

And lets face it, sometimes the Pod People invade us, force our fingers to pick up that french fry, and leave just as we swallow . . .and then we have to face the consequences. . .and the lingering taste.
Old 12-14-2004, 05:00 PM   #82  

I got the Fiesta Mix at my grocery store, Farmer Jacks.....But don't buy it for yourself - like don't try this at home.....tee-hee

Tomorrow Chicks.....Hugs...have a great night......
Old 12-15-2004, 09:25 AM   #83  

I recently did TO. As my protein, I chose the 12 egg whites. I tried to space it out so that I ate one egg white per hour through the day. By the end of the two days, I thought I was going to die if I had to even look at another egg white. But I must say that I was not hungry. In the end, it got the scale going back down, which made it worthwhile!

I weigh myself at home on a scale that measures body fat% and water% as well as weight. I was really surprised to see that, in addition to a loss of 1.4 lbs, my body fat% dropped 1.5 percentage points and my water% went up 3 percentage points after I completed TO. This surprised me because, with the small amount of food over those two days, I expected that most of the loss would be muscle and/or water and I would end up with the same or higher body fat% and the same or lower water%. Any one have any thoughts on this?
lisalutzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 10:36 AM   #84  

Default To

Ok, I found the Knudsen's Morning Blend.

I'm on the Gold plan, so how much Knudsen's & how often? I know about the 2 green veggies, but I've heard both 4 ounces & 6 ounces of protein...which is it?
travkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 11:27 AM   #85  

Good morning Chicks! Sorry I'm "late," my boss has been wandering around the floor instead of staying in his office at the other end of the building where he belongs, so I've had to look like I'm working more than usual this morning.

Did everybody catch BL last night?!? I thought it was a great episode. I wanted to post all about it right after it ended, but then I thought we have some western people who hadn't seen it yet, so I'd better wait. All I can say is, way to go, MO, and I was so glad to see Lisa go - as she said in her monologue, either people love her or hate her, and I couldn't stand her! I think Ryan did the right thing by breaking up "the fomer red team," even though it sucks that he felt he had to be underhanded about it. I seriously almost started crying when Bob was talking about Mo's run to the gate and back. I don't think I could run that far! I was never a runner, even when I was thin. Sometimes I think I'd like to be...

More later, for now it's back to the paperwork.....bleaaaaaaah!

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 11:41 AM   #86  

Kristi - me too! If I won the lottery, I think I'd offer Bob any amount he wanted to come be my personal trainer for a year.

Fiona

p.s. Woo hoo, a milestone! And "dressed" I'm only about a pound away from my lowest "official" LAWL weigh in weight. I'm going back to the Chickie avatar to celebrate!

Last edited by mkfionap; 12-15-2004 at 11:50 AM.
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 11:55 AM   #87  
156/127.4/127.4

Hey Chicks!

Wow it is so quiet this morning! I have to study for my last final so I thougth I would post now!

I watched most of the BL last night work took over and I missed the first half I was SO glad to see Lisa go. She was so sure of herself and I think Mo is a better nice motivator rather than competitive motivator! I wonder if Lisa and Kelly stay in contact even after the show?

Kristi-how is TO for you today? Just a few more hours and it will be over then you need to race to the center to get your official wi!!! I could not be doing it right now, even as I type I am famished!

Sy- How is the starvation week going for you? I seriously don't think I have been this hungry in a long time!!! I am dying for sweets and bread and all the greasy kinds of food that make this TOM go by smoother!!! I even considered finishing off my Simply Jif this morning!!

Fiona-Hey chicky!

Star-where are you today? Are you doing your real hobby and aspiration in life....Working? Doritos makes a "fiesta type mix" that has Sun Chips, Doritos, Cheetos, and pretzels that I love and miss so much! I want that now!!

Lisa-Welcome! I love this sight! It has so helped me stay focus and on track knowing others are suffereing right along with me! You know the saying, Misery loves company!!

Kitty-good luck on TO I admire all you chicks struggling through that this time of year!

Britt-Are you done with finals? I have one more and I am dying to know about my PoliSci. I have an 84% so I really have to pull at least that on the final I took yesterday. When I walked into class the prof looked at me and said "Ready?" So I looked at him and said, "No." I could not lie to him! Of course he was surprised at my response and I realized it sounded a little harsh so I said, "I don't think one could ever be ready for a final!" Then he lightened up a little. MEN! So glad to say adious to him!!

Okay have to hit the books! Skinny Vibes to all! DH comes home tonight from Chicago can't wait!
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 12:19 PM   #88  

G'day chickies!

WooHoo - I'm down another .8 today - I was at 206.8 at WI - that's over 21 pounds!

I loved BL last night, too - so glad to see Lisa go, and I can understand Ryan's point about breaking the girls team. I wonder what contact will be like for all the team members after everything is over.

I thought the challenge was amazing with the life size cutouts of the before pictures.

And I think both trainers are really great. I'd hire either one of them -- maybe at that LAWL spa/ranch??

Kristi - I think you were sending hunger vibes my way yesterday! I haven't been so hungry all day long since I started! Thinking of you doing the TO. BTW, I actually did 4 oz cooked protein for both meals and I still lost. But it was still less then we normally get on the purple plan, so I figured it was okay.

Lisa - good luck with TO - I'm thinking of doing it next weekend - after the family holiday celebration.

Sammy and Britt - good luck with the finals.

Oh - I had an interesting conversation with my counselor yesterday - I told him about the British Tea on Friday with my pals - he said that life happens, and don't worry if it's not strictly on plan. The key is to just treat it as a single event, and get back right away. Wow! Never thought I'd hear any of my counselors say that.

Skinny vibes to everyone!
Old 12-15-2004, 12:38 PM   #89  

Yes, Kristi - I couldn't believe it either - thought it was a very balanced way of looking at the fact I still have over 60 pounds to go, and it's the holidays. Quite a contrast to the other one who said that instead of birthday cake at my BIL's party I should have a lite! (I had neither)

You're doing great, Kristi - you bring out that green eyed you-know-what in me.
Old 12-15-2004, 12:39 PM   #90  

Hi Chicks - Sorry I'm late too. Can't stay long - we are actually on lunch. I forgot to tell you yesterday that I have the yearly ISO Audit today....UHG! so Sammy, yes it's work - and I'm not very good at it. Too little practice I think....lol

Hopefully we will get finished before 5 and I will check back with you then.....unless I'm tortured to death (which seems possible right about now)...

Hugs...