Old 01-01-2005, 06:52 AM   #331  

#1 Carmel Crunch (kind of like a chocolate covered carmely rice krispy treat)
#2 Chocolate Crunch

I get the chocolate mint on occassion, but I dont really like the other flavors.
Jibbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 07:13 AM   #332  

Hi chicks - thanks for letting me vent!

I did have a fairly good night - no alcohol - only half of my grilled fish platter, and then half of a desert (well it was new years after all!)

I think I was just mad at myself (for some reason) and wanted to rebel. Have to work on understanding this. . .

Marcie - we do have a guy at my center. He's actually the one that signed me up. He's the one most laid back and tends to look at the big picture rather than the details. And I think there is still pudding, but I haven't tried it. I've really only had the bar lites, since I like to chew. And there is a smoothie mix that is a fruit replacement. I usually have one a day. I don't make it according to the directions - I just dump a scoop full (provided in the can) into a glass, add water, and stir. I usually add more water to the glass (getting in my water quota). Sometimes I use flavored seltzer water.

Bev - I really like the cookie dough lites, and the honey nougat. I usually have the honey nougat for breakfast. The chocolate crunch ones are also good. I find the double choclate a little chalky - although I may have gotten a slightly older box, and the peanut butter ones are a little stiff. But your mileage may vary.

Hugs! Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 09:43 AM   #333  

Happy New Year! Obviously I didn't have much to drink last night or I wouldn't be up. LOL!

I just have to share because I'm in shock. Went to WI at the center and I was up 6 lbs from over the holiday. I can't believe that someone can put that much weight on between Christmas and New Year's - and I did have a few things no on plan, but nothing like I would have eatten before starting LA. Wow is all I have to say.

Well, never say never because I purchased a bottle of that Take-Off juice and I will do doing the Take-Off as if I'm starting my plan from scratch where I will just eat protien and green veggies for 2 days and the juice.

The only good thing that I can say is that I went back to the center instead of blowing it off and allowing myself to gain anymore so I'm proud of myself for that.

I'm in for the BL challenge this week. I'm doing T.O. tomorrow and Monday. Please send me skinny vibes.

I'm taking my great niece and nephew to the movies today - hope everyone had a safe and wonderful New Year!

Hugs to all, Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 09:59 AM   #334  

I did Take Off this week, followed by 4 days on plan and lost a total of 6 lbs! You can do it ty SY!!! I bet most of the weight you gained over the holidays is water and it will drop fast. GOOOOD Luck!

What is BL Challenge?
Old 01-01-2005, 07:21 PM   #335  

good evening everyone! Is everyone keeping up with their New Year's resolutions so far?!?! Well, I wasn't as good as some of you - I munched chips and pizza and frozen balls of choc chip cookie dough and had a beverage my DH discovered called a "Big Red Hooter" - vodka & pineapple juice and a splash of amaretto and grenadine, which was much stronger than I expected, so I ended up going to bed early, just after midnite, and slept til ten! But I don't think I was up too much - less than a pound, I think, and about three pounds up from my pre-holiday weight.

The weather here has been crappy today - sleet and/or snow most of the afternoon. The roads are awful. I hope it blows itself out tonight or my open house tomorrow will be a bust because everyone will be tucked in front of their TVs and fireplaces, avoiding the roads!

Monday is the big day - my first WI in at least six weeks. I'm not looking forward to it - I know it's not going to be pretty. But my new year's resolution is to get back OP and to not skip a single weigh in! If the roads weren't so bad, I'd run over to the grocery store (all of four blocks, but I'm not even willing to attempt that in this weather) and see if my store has got the Knudsen's juice or even the more expensive Hollywood Diet juic, and start it tomorrow with Sy. I guess I'll just have to add it to my list of errands for the morning!

Well, I have a lot of preparing yet to do for my open tomorrow so I should get to it - please all keep your fingers crossed for me tomorrow!

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 08:07 PM   #336  

GOOOOD luck at weigh in on Monday!!! I usually only go once a week (on Saturdays) but I am off on Monday and I am trying to decide if I want to go. Decisions decisions decisions. : )
Old 01-02-2005, 09:05 AM   #337  

Good morning, chicks!

Well I was up this AM too, after too much salt, fat, sugar, and everything for the past two days. But, I will go and WI this week - maybe Monday or Tuesday. I am also contemplating TO, but I'll wait and see how I do.

Good luck to you, Sy! I think that you are brave for facing WI. I'm thinking that's a big change for me, too - that I'm back on plan after a holiday weekend.

Fiona, good luck on the open house. And in finding the juice!

I'm asking for all the 'skinny' fairies to spread skinny dust over us this year!

Hugs, Julie
Old 01-02-2005, 11:46 AM   #338  

(sprinkle sprinkle sprinkle.....)

Welcome to 2005 - shall we start our new 2005 monthly threads? See you in "January"!

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 10:44 PM   #339  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Default Starting LAWL tomorrow

Hi all

I'm starting the 2 day Express program tomorrow with LAWL and I'd love to have some encouragement. I think i'll like this first part anyway, b/c i like eating low-carb, but sometimes it can seem daunting. I want to lose 70 lbs. in 35 weeks. That's the plan anyway. I'm going to take some more time tomorrow to read your past posts and get to know you. I'd love to hear how you all like the program, how was your first month? What should I expect?
Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 09:38 AM   #340  

Good morning, Michelle - in case you haven't found us yet, join the chat in LAWL & Friends January thread. . we're all learning the program day by day . .

Come on down!
Julie