Old 12-13-2004, 12:24 PM   #46  

Fiona I'm gonna follow those rules to a T......
The rules I posted - what a waste of space
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 12:31 PM   #47  

Kristi - Oh sweetie, that wasn't met for you. BECUZ you'll be doing TO that day.....lol
Old 12-13-2004, 12:38 PM   #48  

Kristi - ONLY becuz it's the green eyed monster coming out in me, your at goal and I'm not.....lol
Old 12-13-2004, 12:47 PM   #49  

Good afternoon, chickies!

First, my good news - I was down 2.2 this morning! I'm down 2.4 since last Monday! I guess TO really does work. Plus I worked big time around the house, trying to get ready for the contractor to work.

I've got to wait for the contractor, so can't spend too much time on line, so sorry if I miss anyone

Star - so nice to see that your husband can catch the real you!

Kristi - I think you're experiencing why it's easier to lose weight than to maintain it. Unfortunately, this is not something I understand, obviously. About the start off Jet diet - it's all the protein and green vegies you can eat, and 2 eggs a day.

Okay, now which holiday rules are you going to follow? Let's take a poll.

Fiona - I've got two lunches this week, so I'm with you. Luckily, next week looks fairly simple. . . Until Christmas Eve that is . . that's usually our family celebration. And then TO will follow. . .

Annie - good luck in finding the juice. I did read somewhere in an much earlier post when I was trying to find out more about LAWL that someone had substituted canteloupe for the juice. You may try that.

Diane -- congrats on the dress! You did get one that can get fitted, right, since obviously you are going to be much thinnner in 100 days.

BTW - our center is giving EFA as the gift for going in 3 times this week.

Hugs to all, and I'll try to check in later
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 01:01 PM   #50  

Kristi - I think you're right. It's sort of like you know that you're not crazy when you wonder if you are? I know that I start gaining when I stop caring. And I'm with Star, just green with envy.
Old 12-13-2004, 01:57 PM   #51  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Afternoon Chicks!

Well let me first say to Sammy GL on your finals as well!! I have my last one tomorrow and it will be my hardest i will be locked in my room tonight with my book in hand lol.

Well i havent gone to WI yet but im still planning on it. However my weekend was really bad as far as eating lol. And TOM is here too so im guessing there will be a gain. Which means im fairly certain which counselor i will have today cause i almost always have her when i have a gain. So i will report back i should leave in a few min to go WI. I feel like i havent posted in ages since i had to go through 4 pages to catch up lol.

Im so glad everyone is doing so well! I cant wait till we get the new plan cause they still know nothing about it here.

Ok i think im gonna get going as the stack on my desk is fairly big today lol. Ill check back in a little later!

Britt
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 02:30 PM   #52  
156/127.4/127.4

Afternoon Chicks!

Just got back from wi and was exactly the same from last week thank goodness! I get one more starch and more starch choices this week. I asked about the "new plan" again, and my counselor said "Oh, they are just talking about maintenance!" Ooooo-K! She says during that phase there are no limited's. HAHA!!! We know something they don't!!!

Kristi-hang in there chick! You will get back or at least you will be back by the New Year!

Star-Finding things for yourself during the holidays is a good thing!!! I watched What Not to Wear on Friday night with "turbo" as the guest and she was hilarious!!!! They came up with some really cute outfits! And of course you could not have passed on B-day cake!

Sy-How does the tree look? Did you get anymore shopping done this weekend?

Britt-so glad you are almost done with finals! I need to lock the door to my room but DH is out of town and the boys will have my house in shreds!

Well I better go get studying! Congrats to all the losers over the weekend!!! I think my holiday parties are over but I am still going to make some treats for some friends. Have a great OP day! I am beyond the POP so I am stiving for OP!!!!

Hugs!
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 02:51 PM   #53  

Default hey Chicks

Just got back from the "Center Of Doom" - I was down 1 pound since Friday. They are also giving away a bottle of STP, FTD or is it EFA
I also told my counslor that I was not pretending it's not the holiday season Just wanted to set her straight.

Sammy - Yeah that Turbo girl was something else She did have a great butt!

Julie - Thinking about being POP 24/7 makes us appear crazy to outsiders. It is only on here that we are completely "normal." You know what they say "Chicks of a feather -flock together"
Old 12-13-2004, 03:12 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 205/153.8/140

Well, my first weekend back on plan went well! In my honest opintion. (We'll see what the scale has to say about it tonight!) Saturday went well. Yesterday I also had one of those life moments. Went out to dinner to an Italian place. Only they were closed. So our only other option was bar food, so we could still make the movie. I choose a veggie burger (don't eat red meat!) so I was kind of OP, but there was a side of fries Thankfully they really were not that great and I only ate a few. But a bar only makes their veggie burgers after frying them in fat, so it probably was not too good for me! Oh well!

Star and Fiona your holiday posts were very cute!

Julie~ Congrats on being down. Makes those two terrible days of TO all worth it in the end! Speaking of TO, my counselor did nto even recommend that I do it. She said I work out too much! NICE to know they won't be pressuring me to do that! Although, if I don't see a loss, they may move me to blue instead of red.

Britt and Sammy~ Good luck on your finals. I went back to school for my masters, and hated this time of year. Working/family and keeping up with a full course load and dieting. You all rock!

Sy~ have you been adding some of the new foods into your diet? Do you think they are having any effect for you? There are many more choice of foods with higher carb counts. I like that! But I am snot ure the scale will not like it!

Thanks to those of you who told me about the Health O Meter again. I did go to Target this weekend and bought one. I just have to keep in mind that my weight usually fluxes 2-4 pounds from AM pre-eating/no clothes to PM center scale. i wish I could go to the center in the AM, but I have to be to work too early!

Fiona~ I am filled with parties and the like this week. Tuesday night I have a dinner, Wednesday a work lunch. Saturday a Christmas party. Then next week, have something everyday. Then fly to my parent's house on Thursday! I may need a day of take off after all of that!

Hope everyone is having a good day!
Meegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 06:34 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 205/153.8/140

I am so happy and I wanted to share it with you all! I went to weigh in and I was down 3 pounds!! I was 170.2 on Friday, and today I was 167.2!! This will give me the incentive to get through this week and weekend. I leave for Christmas on the 23rd, and would love to get to 164 by then.

Meegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 06:53 PM   #56  

Good evening, chicks!

Just wanted to check in -

Congrats, Meegs, it looks like you're the Biggest Loser for the Week, so you get to be queen for the week!

Star - WTG, girl - one pound down, WITH birthday cake? The 'stars' must be shining on you.

Kristi - I did see the $50,000 What not to Wear - can you imagine spending $6000 on one jacket?? I can't imagine having that much money($50000) to spend on clothes at once. Maybe over the course of a 100 year life. My only complaint was it wasn't very useful to the rest of us. . .

Sammy - way to go on maintaining! And good luck with the finals.

Catch up with you chicks tomorrow
Old 12-13-2004, 07:58 PM   #57  

Meegs: About the new foods. Well, I know another trigger food after trying something on the new plan. Fat Free Cool Whip. Man, how does anyone ever get 1 tablespoon? I ate a few on Saturday, opened the container again tonight - thought I could only have 1 or 2 tablespoons - I couldn't so I took another taste and washed the remaining down the drain. I'm not even going to try the PB. I love raisins in salad - and purchased the tiny boxes for portion control. I'm PMSing and everything tastes too good to me and I'm expecting TOM any minute so as soon as that breaks - my out-of-control carving for sweets will be tamed. Never thought I'd be saying this - but please TOM just get here already.

Sammy: I'm with you and TOM. Get here so I can get back on plan. The cake sounds awesome. About the tree - it's huge and no decorated yet. I'm going to be pruning it this evening as soon as DH gets home. I did get some shopping for the nieces and nephews done. Toys-R-Us was crazy yesterday. Now that I've purchased a few gifts, it's making it easier to figure out what to get the others on the list.

Julie: Man, your doing great. Maybe I'd do TO once TOM arrives.

Yeah, I used a freebie tonight - Lite Soy sauce in my chicken and my feet are so swollen - my toes hurt. Stay away if your sodium sensitive like me. I knew better than that!

Fiona: I loved your plan for holiday eatting. I'm going to cut and past and pass that one on to a few friends. LOL!

Star: Glad you had a nice weekend. I have been reading lots about how to avoid gaining over the holidays - thanks for sharing another. Nice reading but I don't think those simple tricks will help me out this year. I'm going try my hardest to stay as closely as humanly possible to stay OP.

Kristi: My sister who made goal months ago hasn't been back to the center in a very long time, and went in today - she gained 6 lbs and is freaking out (and I don't blame her). I'm really glad she went back to the center - I would hate for her to allow herself to lose control - it's very easy to do once we are at goal. Oh yeah, I'm not there yet. LOL! But I know that it's very easy to get back into the bad habits that got us here - sometimes food taste so good. So, your not alone with those feelings. If anyone can get back on track it's you!

Hey Julie and Star - how is this for green?

Ladies have a great evening. I need to get some things done - like pruning that tree so I can get the lights on and get into the Christmas spirit.

Hugs, Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 08:56 PM   #58  
156/127.4/127.4

Evening chicks!

I just finished with supper tonight and was making white rice for the kids thinking I would make a small pan of brown for myself and got to comparing labels and lo and behold, little difference between the two. In fact the brown has more fat 1.5g where as white has 0g. The serving sizes were a little different but not much, anyone know white white is limited and brown is not???

DH is in Chicago until Wednesday night and the kids and I are going rounds. Why can't they just get along??? I am really questioning my parenting as far as DH taking that new job and stuff. I am sure it is PMS but I am really frustrated with them!!

Sy-I am so with you! I can't wait until TOM is here at least I can quit tearing into the pantry. I think I have heard our bodies burn more calories during this time but sure does not make sense as we gain weight other than the fact I guess it is water??? Did your sister gain the 6 back by reverting back to old ways or just slowly reverting back to some old habits?

So happy for all of you that beat the scale monster this week! What a great feeling that is!!!

Kristi-I know this will sound stupid but I am confused a little by stabalization. For instance this week is the starch with more choices, okay, but 1 starch on gold is one slice of bread yet now it is two slices or one slice regular???? So does that mean I can have cereal for breakfast as it is a new starch choice, 2 slices diet bread for lunch, and still one more starch for dinner as we now get three starches a day??? I know I need to ask at center but I get side tracked cuz I have to take Noah and he is telling the ladies about Candy Canes and stuff like that that is so important!!!

Star-thanks for the timely tips! I think I have found a new show for Friday nights! I have to switch between What Not to Wear and Hope and Faith!!

Gotta run, spent 2 hours helping Jake with math, now I better get back to Polisci for tomorrow!!
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 10:04 PM   #59  

Evening, gals! How's it going?

New question for the day/night (lol): is anyone else obsessed with their scale, or is it just me? Since I've been (semi) back on plan, I've caught myself weighing 3-4 times a day: first thing in the morning to establish my "official" weight for the day, couple of times during the day, just for the heck of it to see how closely I'm sticking to my morning weight, and again right before bed to see how I "did" for the day, and to see if I can guess what my next-morning weight will be. I'm trying to remember if I was this way when I first started LAWL?

College Chicks: Good luck this week! DH had his first "final" today (I don't know what kind of a final you have for Meditation class), his next one tomorrow and his last one on Thursday. Oh, and about 10 papers to write because he's lazy and hasn't done any of his assignments, except for Hebrew, since midterm.

Smarty Chicks: can anyone tell me what the most nutritious part of broccoli is? Normally I'd look it up, but I'M feeling lazy right now. I got a bag of frozen "pieces" cause it was cheaper, but I really like the florets best, and if I can justify the higher price by claiming that's where the nutrients are, or something, then I'll just get the florets only next time. :tongue:

Congratulations on being our BL, Queen Meegs!

Sammy I'm so jealous - THREE starches a day! Oh, the things that motivate us!

I know I'm skipping some people.....

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 10:35 PM   #60  

Thanks Kristi! Maybe I should take NOT wanting to weigh myself eighteen times a day as an early-warning sign!

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote