3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL & Friends #86 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/50255-lawl-friends-86-a.html)

vibrantecho 12-09-2004 07:26 PM

LAWL & Friends #86

Okay, I'm not Star, but I AM bored! :lol: So #86, here we go!

Conversation starter - now WHO all is doing TO this week? I need to see if my store has the whatchamacallit juice so I can play, too. :) Just kidding, I'm not going to put myself through that unless I really really have to!

Fiona

SyracuseNY 12-10-2004 07:26 AM

Fiona: Thanks for starting the new thread. As far as TO, sounds like something I should do next Monday and Tuesday as we are having our work Christmas party and I'm sure to go off plan.

Has everyone now seen the new plan? I go to my center this morning and get mind. My sister got her's this week - she's on the purple plan. I love the new diary. The only disappointment that I had with the new plan is that we still can't eat any type of ham, or candian bacon. I know it's low in fat but full of sodium and I don't eat it much but you know when you ' can't ' have something - at some times it makes me want it more. Mom has ham for dinner on Xmas Eve so I will splurge then.

I'll check in later about my WI - I'm bad this week as I haven't gone in to WI once. I'm also going to purchase some additional WL weeks at $3/week while the special is on. Hugs... Sy

textjewel 12-10-2004 08:02 AM

Good morning, chicks!

Fiona - at least when you're bored, you do something non-food related! Thanks for starting the new thread.

Sy - I think when you look it over, you'll really like it. I'm still missing turkey italian sausage, so I know exactly what you mean.

BTW - I am planning to do TO today and tomorrow, and then go armed with Star's method at the pot luck on Sunday. Next week (Friday and Saturday) will be tough for me, too, since I've got two Holdiay lunches with my gal pals. One is a Tea at the Ritz (Meegs may know what I mean) and it's bound to have those little sandwiches and crumpets with clotted cream. There is nothing like it. I may have to invest in a starch blocker.

I'll check in later - good luck staying POP - and wish me luck on TO today!

Hugs

Tams 12-10-2004 08:19 AM

My counselor suggested doing the TO if I am still at a plateau tomorrow morning. Hopefully, I won't be. I don't like doing the TO.

My center doesn't have the new plan. I hate keeping my diary also. I am so slack at doing that.

textjewel 12-10-2004 08:38 AM

Tammy, you are so close to goal. Don't give up! Are you eating the same thing every day? Sometimes it's helpful to try to mix it up a little - and confuse your body (which is probably what TO really does.)

I find the diary useful to let me know when to stop eating. And although it can be a PAIN to make sure I have a dairy and 3 fruits a day, at least I know they are an option.

Keep the faith!

Star 12-10-2004 09:05 AM

It's Friday....

:coffee: Morning Chicks....

Julie - good luck on TO, I know you'll do good. You have all that fun right around the corner.......About the diary :write: I know I do better when I keep it, but it gets old after so long :devil:

So are you chicks getting new "holiday" party outfits or dragging something out of the closet :?: I have recently bought some new clothes that fit better and I'll be in those. (It does feel good to get new stuff, especially in a much "smaller" size) :encore:

Fiona - Thanks for the new thread, but tell me why is it that we have to keep starting new ones :dunno: About TO, I'm not sure, maybe next week Tues and Wed? I guess it all depends how I'm weighing :goodscale Now that I have purchased an additional 7 weeks, I am "actually" gonna have to lose this last bit of poundage to get to that glorious goal........

Sy - Hi girl, I've missed your posts - you been busy :comp: ? I feel bad cuz I haven't really studied the new plan, just wobbling along on the old one. I'll have to check it out when I get a minute somewhere between work and all these life happens events :dizzy:

Tams - Have missed you and your counting tips too. Come play more often.

Sammy - Kristi - How's the "Goal Chicks" and where are you? ;)

Well tomorrow is Davids birthday party. Hope I can stay focused and be good :angel: Being from the south, all "life happens" events revolve around lots of food :hungry: I'm trying to replace that (within myself only) with making the most of just being with family and friends.....

This is a very hard time for all of us, but if we remember our goals and the joy of seeing the scale go down, maybe that will do it for us. Remember this is only one holiday season, there will be plenty more. We will be thin for them, how cool will that be???? :cb:

Meegs - you out there? Let me invite any other lurkers to come on and join us, we promise not to bite :cbg: (unless we are REALLY hungry)...

Hugs-

Karen 12-10-2004 09:07 AM

Good Morning Everyone,
I'm trying something alittle different with my plan this time. I'm actually doing the unlimited take off plan without the juice. I'm just eating unlimited proteins, unlimited veggies and two eggs. So, we'll see how it goes. I'm just having a hard time sticking to any kind of plan right now.
Well, the job is going good and this is the first day I'll be working by myself. This ought to prove interesting...lol
Congratulations to everyone losing and starting a new exercise program. I'm hoping to get started with that myself real soon.
I guess I need to get busy here so if I get a chance I'll post again later.

Meegs 12-10-2004 09:46 AM

Good Morning Chicks! :)

Well, speaking of Take Off. I am really scared that my counselor is going recommend that I try it again, as I have been off plan for so long now. However, she knows that with all my running, it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to just have juice, 6oz of protein and veggies. My body needs more. This is the "Plan" she shared with me that I want to share with you (which is a lot like what Karen said she is going to do!) Remember when you FIRST started and the two day was unlimited protein, veggies and the like. Well, you do that, however, for breakfast you have 1/2 cup eggbeaters, 1 slice cheese and 1 diet bread, then the unlimited protein and veggies for the rest of the day but also have 4 oranges. The oranges are supposed to replace the juice I guess! (As I refuse to spend that kind of money on juice.) This has worked for me in the past, but I will be honest, I usually have 2 slices of bread, as I need more carbs for the running! I may have to do this version of TO next Monday and Tuesday as well. I have lost up to 4 pounds doing this (but when I lost 4 lbs, I did it for 3 days, not 2).

I will let you chicks know about the new plan when I get my hands on it! I hope there are more carb craver options. I have to use those often. The dietician recommended (before I stopped going in October!) that i choose one CC a day, instead of only 3 a week due to my exercise. Julie, you are right, switching it up and not eating the same thing week after week is VERY important!

To the rest of you chicks~ TGIF! :D I hope the weather where you are is not as dreary as it is here where Julie and I are!

vibrantecho 12-10-2004 11:04 AM

Morning Chickies! :coffee:

I dunno why we start new threads...just kinda felt like it. Maybe we could be even more organized and in January start a new thread each month - and actually call them Jan 05, Feb 05, etc. (I'm bored again, can you tell?)

Yesterday in the mail my mom sent me an advertising form for the directory of this organization she belongs to, and suggested I submit a biz card. Well, overacheiver that I am, I couldn't just go with a boring business card, I had to spend four hours last night designing the world's most perfect half-page ad. And I gotta admit, it turned out really nice! Now I'm just waiting to hear from my office on whether we're even allowed to produce our own marketing materials (using the company name and logo) or if everything has to go through the marketing department.

The bonus to this little project is that I was so engrossed I completely forgot to eat dinner. And since I had pizza for lunch (believe me, karma got me for that one - I spilled pizza sauce on my shirt AND on my pants!) I didn't even really miss it. Now, POP today and hopefully my scale won't catch on to my slip!

Have a good morning everyone - think "skinny" thoughts!

Fiona

sammyboy 12-10-2004 11:53 AM

Morning Chicks!

I know I have been MIA, sorry! Yesterday was crazy, school, work. It was 9:45 pm when I got home and I worked almost 6 hours between two stores. My back is killing me as it requires heavy lifiting and stooping to take stuff out of totes and reload totes with the old magazines. I just can't wait for those first paychecks to start rolling in to see what I am averaging an hour!

I have two finals next week so off to the library tomorrow to spend the day. Can't seem to study at home with the kids and DH! Did I tell you he bought me a twin size electric blanket for our anniversary? It fits perfectly on my side of the bed. He had alterior motives as I had been wearing flannel to bed and his comment was this is so you will stop wearing flannel to bed! :love: MEN!!!

This stabalization thing is killing me and trying to remember what to eat! I have to say I ate my first banana in 5 months yesterday and it was good! A little green but well worth it! I have been eating totally off plan as I had two handfuls of these thin mints that I can only find at Christmas time. They are good and creamy and melt in your mouth good!!! I am with everyone else, I am sick of logging in the diary! I don't write for two or three days then I have to rack my brain to remember close to what I ate!!!

Welcome to the new chicks! Meegs it sounds like you have lots of energy to run that much! Dang girl! I run for a mile and am so winded I think I am going to die!! And of course I run in our neighborhood so all my neighbors are staring going what the heck is she doing trying to kill herself! The weather here is so cold so I have stopped for now!

Tams- sounds like you are so close!!! Good luck on the plateu breaker you can do it!!

Everyone getting ready to do TO good luck to you I hate that so bad! I usually only make it the first day before I give into real food!

Sy-how was the shopping the other day? I miss ham too! I am cooking ham for Christmas with or without their blessing!

Star- You always cheer my day with your antidotes and your avitar seems so fitting!!!

Fiona-Sounds like you are still doing awesome other than a couple MINOR slips! Thank goodness minor slips are easy to correct huh?

Kristi-do they let you do TO during stabalization? I thought we had to wait until maintenance???

Well we have a Christmas party for DH's work on Saturday and I did go buy a new black skirt! It was a 6 and the waist is too big but I am keeping it as I am pretty sure a 4 would be like sausage!! I went to the Gap and it felt good getting to shop and knowing I would wear a smaller size! The sweaters I bought were Large and too big so I have to make another trip there today and exchange for Med. I have not wore med. shirts in I don't know how long! I am still considering Breast reduction surgery as I know that is a big issue with my back and posture. Maybe next year!!

Okay, got to go! Britt-good luck on finals this and next week! I need luck I think!!

HUGS!!!

SyracuseNY 12-10-2004 12:39 PM

Hi ladies: I posted this morning and lost that dang thing and didn't bother to repost. FINALLY got the new plan today at WI. I was down 1.8 lbs to 159.6 (again). Okay, instead of being determined to get to goal before the holidays - I signed up for another 10 weightloss weeks. My counselor just laughed at me and told me to JUST GET IT DONE! I have to agree with her, and we were both laughing about it - so I feel better. Did you all see that liquor, beer and wine are right in the new plan? Plus, we get bigger sizes in the dairy, and we actually get to eat sugar free yogurt w/fruit (and are allowed to write it in our diaries without getting scolded - LOL). We can also do some vegetarian meals without having to be a vegetarian. I like the veggie burgers so I'll be getting some of them to give the chickens and turkeys a break. We can have FF Cool Whip and Lite Sour Cream (LA Taco Salad, here I come). If anyone wants what she lighted with me about the new plan, I can post later, just let me know.

Sammy good luck on your finals!

Star, I like the new picture - it's a cutie!

Finoa, thanks for starting a new thread.

I haven't have too much luck with shopping - but I still have time, right?

I'm off to get my Christmas tree. DH is not going with me so it shouldn't take to long. LOL! I don't care what the thing looks like - he wants it and if I pick out a bad one - maybe I'll get my fake one after all. LOL! That's the plan anyway! :devil: Actually, the reason why I'm getting one today is - it's in the 40s today and tomorrow it's suppose to be in the 30s, windy and snowy and I'll be a monkey's uncle if he thinks I'm waiting for a snow storm to go and pick out a tree.

Take care, and hugs to all.

Sy

Star 12-10-2004 12:53 PM

Fiona - That sounds like a good idea for a new post every month.....you come up with some good stuff when you are bored..... ;)

Meegs - I like your version of TO, have to think about that one. Four pounds would be way worth it! The weather here stinks too -cold and wet :(

Rusty - Here's an official :D Welcome back - I missed you tons.....

Sammy - Way to go in that size "6" skirt. No bust reduction - don't you know those babies make the rest of your body look tiny :o Good luck on your finals, you'll do good - cuz your one smart chick.

Kristi - thanks for sharing your new "Kristi Phase" of LA....will the plan be in book form by the time I get to goal :?: To get your motivation back, dig out an old picture of you at your highest weight and put it on the fridge-that usually works for me :o

Monkeys Uncle - Hi girl, so how was Christmas tree shopping with DH? I will be getting afew more weight loss weeks when I go to WI today also. I have never lost 2 pounds a week, I need that cushion :lol:

Chicks - I'm glad you like my new avitar. She's blonde, sassy looking and quacks alot -how could I go wrong :cool:

Tams 12-10-2004 01:43 PM

Hey chicks,

I had to leave work early today to go to the dr. This crazy weather in NC has given me another sinus infection.
Since I was home, I went to w/i and was down to 172, so no TO for me! I just need to stay focused.
So, if we are doing the BL that is my official w/i for this week.
I'm taking some drugs and a nap.

later

textjewel 12-10-2004 02:52 PM

Good afternoon, chicklettes!

Okay, so TO isn't absolutely awful. But I am glad that the day is half over.

I like all these variations on TO. When I was lurking, didn't I read that someone replaced the juice with cantelope?

And, Meegs, the Carb Cravers is in the new guide. There doesn't seem to be new choices (and I think the combinations are gone). But, they still don't count as your starch, so you'd still have two left. And this type of weather is Washington at it's worst. Drizzley, foggy, chilly . . .

Fiona - I like your idea about the new thread for each month . .

Sammy, I love those creamy mints at Christmas too. Wow - a size 6 skirt!

Sy - I love the flavored yogurts - they are really good with my nuked apples. And I'm still learning how to use all the new 'freebees'. But on the purple plan the cheese portions doubled.

Karen - one of the counselors suggested the 'jet' plan to me, too - I'm doing the limited protein one today, just to see if I can do it.

Tammy - hope you feel better.

What's your chickies thought on plastic surgery. I was told once that I shouldn't think of it until I've kept weight off for a year; because it'll take time for weight to stablize.

Hugs,

Karen 12-10-2004 03:02 PM

Star....Thanks for the welcome back. I'll be trying to pop in when I can at work and of course at home. This helps me keep on track.
Well, so far so good with this eating plan. I started at 169 yesterday and was 167 this morning, but you know how that goes when you stop eating junk, you lose fast at first. Hopefully I will stay focused for longer than a few days this time.