Old 03-02-2007, 10:31 AM   #61  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendelina View Post
Kim - I have a sign outside my door at work that says "If you're asking for a favor, you'd better have chocolate"... and funny enough.. they all obey the sign!
I used to have a sign outside my door that was Sylvester saying "would you mind taking your silly assed question down the hall?" But that was before I worked at a school!

Well, they got their checks a day early - and guess what? We are at work today! Told em!

TO has been moved to Saturday and Sunday. Real food on Monday. I haven't been back on a sclae since the initial bombshell on Wednesday, but I no longer feel like a Macy's thanksgiving parade balloon. Progress!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:08 AM   #62  
Wendy II

S/C/G: 206/201/160

I like the Sylvester sign.. I need that one!!

Went to WI this morning, but the COD is closed. Most of our little town is closed up for the day.. but I'm at work. My kids are at home arguing and calling me every 10 minutes though.. so I may be going home early to lock them each in seperate closets.. *sigh* Ahhh... the joys of parenthood.
Wendelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:14 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 264/264/199

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamato2girls View Post
Good morning! It's beautiful here today, despite a strong storm system that came through last night. Thankfully, there were no tornadoes here. I'm pretty much over my cold (finally!), so maybe I can enjoy the weekend. I would love to have one weekend where we didn't have to run, BUT that's not to be once again. We're going to DH's parents tomorrow night to celebrate February birthdays..DH, two nieces, and SIL all have Feb. birthdays. We were supposed to celebrate last weekend, but everyone was sick. Then, Sunday morning we have Church, and Sunday afternoon, ODD is going to a birthday party at the bowling alley. AND, my house is a mess and laundry needs to be done, so I'll need to find time to take care of that this weekend as well. I need a vacation just to get everything in order!! Anyway, I have WI today, so wish me luck. I've been doing pretty well, so hopefully, the scale will be down. If not, that's okay 'cause I'm wearing some more of my "pre-pregnancy" pants that I've had packed away for 2 1/2 years.

Now, here's my LONG list of personals. I actually went through and read everything and typed out responses in a Word document. I know I won't be able to do this everyday, but at least I'm caught up for now!!

Kimphin – Glad you had a good trip. That vacation weight will come off before you know it!!

Jason – Hope you feel better today and that you enjoyed watching all those movies.

Kate – A strong storm system came through here last night, but we mostly got wind and rain. No tornadoes here, thank goodness. It’s beautiful today, but really breezy.

Lacorso – Just keep saying, “I can and WILL lose the weight!!” I actually set my goal higher than what I actually want to be, so since things are going so well, I’m thinking of changing my goal once I get a little closer to the 130 mark.

Lori – Ooooh! Disneyland sounds fun. I’ve never been there, but I’ve been to Disney World four times. In fact, DH and I went there on our honeymoon. I’m a big kid at heart!!

Dan – Glad the wind didn’t blow you away. Hope you get to feeling better!

Joni – I’m so jealous! Billy Joel will be playing in Raleigh TOMORROW, and I would so love to be there. Just not in the budget right now. Glad you had a great time at the concert!!

Jillian – Hey! Hope things are going well down in Fayetteville!!

Paula – Good luck with the cookout preparations! Kids grow so quickly. Can’t believe mine will be 6 and 2 in May!! They were just babies for goodness sake!

Kristen – Hang in there! Hope DD feels better soon. The stomach flu has been going around ODD’s school, so we’ve been praying that she doesn’t bring it home. So glad Spring is almost here!!

Libby - Don’t worry. I’m sure your body will adjust to the reduced amount of food soon. I know that when I first started, I thought I would never be able to survive on the amount of food I was allowed to eat. But, now, I have some days where it’s hard to get everything in…and I’m on gold.

Rhonda – Hope you survived TO AND working in the school cafeteria!

Erika – WTG on your loss!! Wish I was doing as well on the St. Patty’s challenge.

Evette – Wow! You are so close to your goal, and you look great!

JM – Good to see you back!! Hope things are going well with the adoption process.

Cassi – I’m glad Aphil was able to update the thread name, so that it didn’t have to bug you all month. It would have bothered me, too. Hope you’re doing well down in sunny Florida!!

Nicole – I know what you mean about trying not to let PBS raise your children. I hate that my girls watch so much TV, but I figure that as long as I make sure it’s quality TV, it’s not TOO, TOO bad. Unfortunately, ODD doesn’t care too much for PBS anymore because people at school tell her that only babies watch Dragon Tales and Clifford. She’s too much into Sponge Bob now, and it drives me nuts!! Glad you were North of the worst of the storm.

Barb – Glad you’re back here with us. You can do it!!

Stephanie - Great job on being down 13 lbs so far. That is awesome!!

Aphil – Thanks for changing the thread name for us.

Deb – WTG on the loss!! And, I love your beading. Wish I could do things like that, but I’m so not creative. I’m glad my ODD inherited that trait from her grandmothers.

WendyII – Hope you and your babies are enjoying all that snow!! Even though it’s beautiful here today, I’m still a little jealous!! Would love to be at home building a snow man with the girls.

Kim – Hope your furkid feels better soon. Good luck on WI!

Katiebug, Megan, Sherry, Michael (WTG on the loss), and anyone else I may have missed, hope y’all are well and have a great day!!
Wow! I'd have to go through a pot and a half of coffee, 8 pee breaks, 2 diaper changes and perhaps a quarter moon to write all that! lol
SaskNewfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:26 AM   #64  

Height: 5'2"

Tee hee...it did take a while, but I worked on it gradually in a Word document. That way, I wouldn't hit a wrong key and lose everything I wrote.
mamato2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:46 AM   #65  
Barb on LAWL

Height: 5'3"

Stephanie: 13lbs WAY TO GO THAT IS AWESOME!

Deb: Those Easter Eggs are cool! Way to go on your loss!!!

Michael: You are doing great keep it up!!! How are you liking the snow???

WendyII: I like the snow. I just don't like driving in it! LOL

Wendy: way to go on your NSV!

Jillian: Have a good trip!!!

Kim: Good luck on TO...

Jason: Glad you are feeling better..

Nicole: You are going to be busy if you take up all your hobbies again!

To everyone else: Dan, Joni, Lizzy, Juliemarie, Libby, Cassi, Pearl, Katie, Megan, Kate, anyone else I am missing (not because I dont love you!) I hope you have a POP day!

Was outside shoveling the dog kennel after all the snow we had... It is very pretty but to much to shovel. Phil is going to finish snowblowing when he gets home. He had to snowblow himself out of the driveway today just so he can go to work.

I took pictures of the snow. I will upload later. It is very pretty.
Barb316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:50 AM   #66  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

got my workout done already. gonna get in the shower now.

barb-i kinda miss the snow. kinda, but not really. the 60's is nice.
thanks for the well wishes on our trip. we leave march 9th! yay!

i'll be back later!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:02 PM   #67  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Dan--we've been here a year and a half and really like it--small town but close enough to Amarillo for the good stuff. We grew up in West Texas where is was DESOLATE so the trees and canyons are great--the wind--not so much! In Arizona we were surrounded by mountains and really miss that part too--everyone (including us) thinks AZ is all desert but there are some really beautiful spots there.

PS--Go BUFFS!!

Last edited by Boo'sMom; 03-02-2007 at 12:11 PM.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:03 PM   #68  
Kim - IP 9/10

Barb - gotta love being a dog owner. We are the one's out shoveling our LAWNs too! Dodger will love it out there after the ice storm last night, now he can walk on top of the snow and feel like a big doggie!
Old 03-02-2007, 12:06 PM   #69  
Purple (no lites)

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

We had some really strong thunderstorms last night, but got lucky and missed any tornado activity. We were nervous for awhile after the tornadoes in Alabama, we are only a few hours south of were those hit.
pjbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:17 PM   #70  
Barb on LAWL

Let me see if the picture link worked
Barb316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:21 PM   #71  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Hey gang! Well all of you sickos made me a sicko. I am down and out today. I'm hoping a good dose of drugs will take care of it - I don't have time to be sick! We've got the invasion of the pre-teen girls tonight (10 year old DS is having a party - and it's ALL girls YIPES!), a hockey tournament all weekend, a birthday party for DD to go to tonight.... nope. No time to be sick.

Sounds like Billy J. was a blast. That's funny about searching out the hotel!

Hope everyone in the south survived the wicked weather ok. I'm one of the weird ones that love violent storms (although, obviously not too jazzed about the loss of life and property part) and would probably be a storm chaser or something if I didn't have kid commitments.

Libby, it does get better. Not the starch part - that never gets better! - but you will adapt.

A big howdy to everyone else! Gotta go get busy making rice crispy treats for the invasion tonight.
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:24 PM   #72  
Kim - IP 9/10

Gee Barb, it looks like Jake really hates the snow!
Old 03-02-2007, 12:29 PM   #73  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Deb - meant to say how beautiful your beaded eggs are. My grandmother raised me and we would make Christmas ornaments using eggs,ribbon, beads, figurines. Mine were always the ugliest because I have zippo art talent, but she always put them on the tree. My older sister got ALL the art talent and to this day all she has on her Christmas tree are homemade egg ornaments. She uses larger goose eggs and her figurines inside are usually some fine italian items that are gorgeous. I am attempting to attach a picture, but not sure if this is going to turn out. okay...it's here, but you can't see the great detail.

Attachment 25024

Last edited by Joni135; 06-21-2007 at 08:58 AM.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:30 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 199/199/150

Height: 5'5"

good afternoon to all...havent been to WI yet today..will be going in about an hour or so...woke up to a thick layer of ice all over everything outside...son still had school though...trying to hold off on lunch so i dont weigh more....need all the help i can get
lacorso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:35 PM   #75  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Barb - love the snow shots and pictures of Jake. But, I sure don't miss shoveling that stuff (originally from the Windy City!!)

Lori - hope you feel better soon. Moms are allowed sick days!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote