Old 03-05-2007, 08:11 PM   #211  
Kelli

S/C/G: 187/136.8/128

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb316 View Post
I think the small plate thing works. It helps your eyes THINK you are having more food then you are. Yeah, I am glad I am back. I am trying Gold 2 right now with lites (lunas, Kashi) and I am going to see how that goes. You get 3 Starches and I am only doing the 3 Starches on days I work out. It seems to be helping with cravings. I am also doing the 6 week challenge and I will only get on the scale for the WI. I am trying not to be a slave to the sclae.
From what youre saying, it sounds like GOld 2 is the same as blue, no?
mamabanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:21 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Well girlies I called today to schedule my consultation and they dont have an appointment open till APRIL 3! Talk about bursting my bubble! I was hoping I could get in and get this done in the next couple of weeks! LOL I just want the surgery done and on the road to recovery before school gets out for the summer. I want to enjoy my summer off, not be recovering from my TT::sighing:: Oh well, patiences!!!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:27 PM   #213  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

KimII - I've had some plastic surgery, a long time ago. (PM me if you want details anyone) I think after my consultation and a follow up appointment with about 50 questions from me, the date for the surgery was set for 8-10 weeks from then. It was just because they were simply booked up. Also, the best advice my family Dr. gave me was to go to the best surgeons only...she gave me the names and numbers for 2-3 of the best in our area. Why fool around over a little money with something you'll live with forever.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:31 PM   #214  

I've talked to 3 different women that I go to church with that have all had their tummys tucked by this guy :-) My mom had to have a skin cancer removed from the front of her leg a couple of years ago and they wanted a plastic surgeon to do it so it would leave as little scar as possible. This Dr. is the one that did her surgery so I've met him before. I wont schedule surgery unless I'm completely comfortable. I hate my stomach already I'm sure not taking the chance that he'll do something I'll hate just as much. But I sure am looking forward to a flat stomach. Its been TOOOO many years!
Old 03-05-2007, 09:40 PM   #215  
Barb on LAWL

Height: 5'3"

I am trying hard to stay POP today... I want some chocolate...

mamabanana~ I am sorry if I missed your first name.. I don't know the details of blue so I cant tell you if it is the same or not..

OMG.. I am not a happy person right now. I was talking to the FMIL and I told her that Phil and I were going to get another dog after the honeymoon. I then told her that we talked about adoption and how hard it would be with 2 dogs and a baby and if we were going to do it or not. I told him we would probably have to go out of the country and it is probably expensive.. I said your mom would be happy if we adopt (she spoils her only Granddaughter our niece to no end) anyway, I am telling her this and she says well dont adopt because of me. I just figured you two were not going to adopt and it is expensive would you want to spend the $.. WHAT?? DO WE WANT TO SPEND THE MONEY? This hurt me. I mean she NEVER ASKED US IF WE WERE GOING TO. It is like she doesn't care. Now, I LOVE THIS LADY more then my mother but I am hurt. It was like she was telling me that Morgan is #1 why would she want another one. Maybe I am being sensitive... Who knows.
SHEESH I want to go eat now, I wont but I want to.
Sorry, I had to vent... ARRRGGHH~
Barb316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:41 PM   #216  
Barb on LAWL

Kim #2: That is exciting... I hope that the consultation goes well for you!
Old 03-05-2007, 09:46 PM   #217  

Barb vent all you need to honey! I'm right there with ya on wanting something to eat. Freakin PMS cravings!!! I'm not hungry, even the slightest bit but I want to eat something so bad I can already taste it. SO I'm going to go take my whiny PMSing tushie to bed before I blow my POP day! LOL
And I dont think you're silly for reacting to her comment the way you did! She should be supportive if you want to adopt. Just keep chanting, "This too shall pass, this too shall pass." Hang in there girl you're making a great comeback!
Old 03-05-2007, 09:48 PM   #218  
Nancy is on the go again

S/C/G: 190/ticker/140

Height: 5'3'

Nicole - We LOVE Grant's Farm!! We go there every summer! We call that our little summer vacation. We go to Six Flags for the Water Park, spend a day there and Grant's Farm on the second day. Every other year, we'd go to the Zoo, and sometimes the Arch. Every few years, we'd plan a bigger, further trips. We're thinking of Myrtle Beach this summer. But we do love Grant's Farm! I think them horses look so majestic (sp?)! I told DH many times, that I'd love to move to St Louis!!
LittleBlueCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:04 PM   #219  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Katie- So sorry to hear about your dad's bad news. I will definitely keep your family in my prayers. Just remember to make every minute count.

Evette- You are so awesome!!

Cassi- I LOVE the honey mustard pretzels, could not have them in the house. Had a bag here for superbowl, and I just about ate the whole bag myself.

Joni- I have done taxes with Turbotax for the last 7-8 years. Bad thing is that our basement flooded last spring and ruined my copies and something happened to the file on the computer and I lost it, so big pain in the behind to get the copies I need to file this year. Almost done though. Hope everything goes ok with charlie dog today.

Britt- Maybe TO is just not the thing for you. After TO you really have to watch what you eat to keep it off and some even lose more in the days following. I would just focus on staying OP and not worry about TO. Have you ever tried doing the fast forward instead of TO?

KimMO3T- Yay! That is a huge NSV!! I would be interested in your consultation too. I will have some stuff done when I get to goal. TT and definitely getting the girls lifted.

Nicole- Take care of yourself and get to feeling better soon.

lacorso- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

WendyII- Have a super fun trip. Sounds like you will stay busy!

Nicole- I am coming to visit you and go bead shopping! We have a decent bead store here in town, but the owner is a wench and I really don't want to give her any more of my money than I have to. The next closest bead store is 2 hours away. I love going there though. I usually make a whole day out of it. We are going to the hot springs in a couple of weeks and the bead store is about 25 minutes from the hot springs, so I better be saving my pennies. DH has already been warned. When I get the chance, I will put some of my jewelry up on webshots.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:11 PM   #220  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Barb,
I understand you completely. We had a chance to adopt my best friends daughter's baby, but DH wouldn't even talk about it. When I finally drug it out of him why, he said that his mom told him a long time ago that if any of her kids adopted kids, they would never be considered grandkids because they are not blood. How cruel is that?!? I told him that I really didn't care what she thought and she wouldn't be around forever and it would be her loss if that was the case. It's so embedded in his head that he won't budge a bit. So I have just come to the conclusion that I will be human childless forever.

This happened about 10 years ago, can you tell that it still gets under my skin?!?!?!
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:30 PM   #221  
Wendy II

S/C/G: 206/201/160

Isn't it funny that some folks just don't accept other children as part of the family?? My dh's family does NOT accept my children -- but the baby is treated like a prince. It irritates me so much that I don't even bring my kids to holidays anymore. It's so blatenly obvious who they consider family and I won't let my kids be hurt like that.. I mean they're all MY kids... I get all mother hen about stuff like that.. ugh. Darn in-laws. :-)
Wendelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:32 PM   #222  
Wendy II

S/C/G: 206/201/160

Oh yeah.. Nicole - we're only staying for the day. The kids want to go up into the Arch.. we're thinking about the city Museum too, but we may not have the time. The farm is great fun (been there, done that) but the kids get to see the Clydesdales every summer -- their dad and his girlfriend run a ranch and the horses come every summer to "visit" :-)
Wendelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 07:31 AM   #223  
Barb on LAWL

I dont know if it is because of the non family issue or what. If she wants another Grandchild this is the way it is gonna have to be. I cant change the fact that I cant give her a blood Grandchild.

Deb: That is not right and it is selfish of her to act that way...

WendyII:
I am a stepchild and my step mothers family never fully accepted me into the family either and that HURTS.. I feel sorry for you and your kids especially. That is a hurtful thing to do.. Hopefully they will come around..... Have a great trip!
Old 03-06-2007, 07:52 AM   #224  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hello everyone. going to go and WI in a about an hour, then i've gotta work til 4:15, so I won't check in til later tonight.
hope everyone has a great day!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:02 AM   #225  
Kate - LAWL since 10/06

S/C/G: 211.0/154.2/130.0

Height: 5'1"

Good morning everyone!!! I have a busy day at work today, but wanted to take a minute to say hi, and to say thanks to everyone for your support on my SLOW weight loss.

Nicole - I go by Katie or Kate, I chose Kate for this forum since we already have a Katie here!!

Deb - how exciting about your tummy tuck! Sorry you have to wait for the consultation. It will be here before you know it. I am jealous.

Barb - How frustrating with your FMIL. I was a step child too and my dad later adopted us. His family is also so wonderful. It's hard to understand her line of thinking, hopefully she'll come around. Hang in there my fellow future bride!!!
katiebug77 is offline   Reply With Quote