Old 03-02-2007, 06:42 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 199/199/150

Height: 5'5"

WI today...down .8 from tuesday...total of 7.2...slowly but surely
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3949_3060_f.jpg (16.7 KB, 6 views)
lacorso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:37 PM   #92  
shrinkinggirl

S/C/G: 250/241/140

Height: 5'2"

WI today and down 1lb. Gotta keep going! Think I'll rty TO this weekend as I was not good @ dinner Hope everyone has a good night and a POP weekend.
shrinkinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:40 PM   #93  
Barb on LAWL

Height: 5'3"

WAY TO GO to your loses!
Barb316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:45 PM   #94  
shrinkinggirl

S/C/G: 250/241/140

Height: 5'2"

Just updated my ticker. I'm going to go and catch up on how everyone's doing. to all that had losses this week and keep going to those of us that are OP. k gotta go Lata
shrinkinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:04 PM   #95  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Well, I suck lately. I've made some bad choices this week. My DH is working in NY for the next 2-6 months and I guess I've been taking it out on food...and using my new 'married single mother' status as an excuse to not do things right. I missed WI on Thursday because of the storm, but when I had checked in on Tuesday I was up 3lbs from last Saturday. Something tells me things haven't gotten any better from there. Boo for me!

I also have had a crazy week at work, so I've been reading and making some comments, but haven't attempted any personals, and can't seem to get caught up now. I'll start fresh for the weekend.

Congratulations to all those who have lost this week!
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:32 PM   #96  
LAWL Salt Police

Hey gang.. been a busy week and I've just not been in the mood to post much.. Sorry...

Last WI in Thursday showed no loss, but no gain either, so considering I was out of town for three days, I should be happy.

We'll see if there's lingering problems from the trip.. I was as good as I could be, but there were a few nibbles here and there...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:53 PM   #97  
Purple (no lites)

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Brit - I use RF string cheese to go with the Slimfast Optima and balance the proteins. I read it here somewhere. Some use the Slimfast High Protein, but I don't know if they still need more protein. Someone help us out with this info.
pjbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:29 AM   #98  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Is anyone else getting rude PM's? I was wondering if it is spam, or if I have trouble with an individual? Just curious. Thanks!
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 10:13 AM   #99  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Wow Angie, no, I have not been receiving rude PM's. You need to forward them to Aphil. She is great, and will help you out.

I, too, have been using food in the wrong way. Feeding a shattered heart, I guess. We learned this week that my dad has prostate cancer that has spread to his bones. We don't know very much yet, but things do not look very good according to the ureologist. I have not posted it until now, because I can't even think about it without tears. I could really use some prayers and support right now for my dad and my family.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 10:25 AM   #100  
Barb on LAWL

Height: 5'3"

Katie:
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!!
Barb316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 10:31 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 245/241/185

Height: 5'7

Repo - I'm so sorry about your dad. Scary that it has spreads to his bones like that! Will certainly say a prayer for both of you. (((HUGS)))

I'm heading out to the COD this am because I want them to put me on the purple plan. They told me when I started that I would be put on it as soon as I lost 10 lbs. But they haven't mentioned it yet. So I'm bringing it up! I brought it up Thurs but the person who weighed me in said she wasn't a counselor and they have to do the plan changes. She weighed me in because they over looked me and I had another appointment to be at. (this was the second time in a week that they over looked me, grrr). I'm determined to hit the #20 mark by St. Patricks Day and I'm afraid I'm eating too much. I'm certainly not hungrey, LOL!

Crongrats to all of the many LOSERS!! Way to go!!

Talk to you later.
MM07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 10:35 AM   #102  

S/C/G: 245/241/185

Height: 5'7

Hey quick question. How often do guys weigh in? My COD only wants us to come twice a week, but other people I know that have done it for awhile have to go 3x. They told me I could come in more if I wanted to but only HAVE to do 2x. Today will make my third and I'm kind of looking forward to it even though I don't think there will be much change.
MM07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 10:56 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Good Morning Everybody!

Well, went to WI today, and the counselor said I was "about the same". I looked at the paper, and I believe I am up a few ounces.
I haven't been eating everything because of not feeling well, but I am feeling better today, so hopefully the next WI will be better. Of course she went on her pitch about now that I'm feeling better, I should try a FF to get back on track. I just looked at her ... I will try my eating OP for a bit. See what happens. I have gone back on the lites. I may even try not having 2 a day of those, because I think my weight loss has slowed since going back on them.

Katie - my thoughts and prayers are to you and your family. Stay strong, and enjoy every minute with your family!!

Congrats to all the WL losers!!

Gotta try to get some studying done while the house is quiet. Will check back later ...
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 11:02 AM   #104  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

well, i went to WI today and i lost the pound that i gained on tuesday when TOM showed up. so, i'm happy. just need to keep up with my workouts and try and stay POP before my trip next week.

katie--my thoughts/prayers are with your family. DH's father has had many bouts with cancer and currently fighting it, so if you ever want to chat, i'm here.

gotta go to work in a few hours. hope everyone has a great weekend.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 11:10 AM   #105  

S/C/G: 336.4/220

Height: 6'2"

Default Finally, it is NOT snowing this morning!

Man I hate my laptop sometimes. I got ¾ of the way through typing a decently long post directly into the ‘reply’ screen when I accidentally hit my mouse to send me back one screen. The whole thing was lost. While I know it was better the first time I typed it, I will try again! Here goes! I smartened up this time and typed it in word first.

This snow here in Minnesota is obnoxious. We have about 20” of fresh snow in my yard on top of the 12” from last weekend. The kids and S.O. were off from school/work yesterday. Thankfully I came home to a cleaned off driveway!

No Barb, I am not loving it!

We went out for Thai food last night, which has become somewhat of a Friday night ritual around our house. I used to travel a lot to Bangkok for work and got hooked on the style of cooking. Thankfully it is healthier than Americanized Chinese (as long as you stay away from the noodle, deep fried and coconut milk dishes). I usually have some form of chicken and vegetable stir fry, light on the sauce, heavy on the ‘hot’. The kids will usually get Pad Thai (and I will steal a bite or two). All in all, it is relatively on plan. I am happy we have several decently good Thai restaurants relatively close to my house.

Not much going on today other than studying. I have an exam Tuesday night in Accounting…..way to spend a weekend.

I have seen a bunch of posts lately from people talking about little scale movement, potentially due to them working out or exercising so much. I had a counselor from one of the other programs (you know the one with weekly meetings and points) that would talk about being a slave to your scale. She had no value for home scales unless you happened to be someone that exercised a lot. Then she strongly suggested getting a BMI scale. The BMI scale would potentially show the same lack of pound movement, but would show the BMI reduction that was happening as a result of muscle being converted to fat. I checked them out and ended up getting one. While they are not as accurate as the commercial, really expensive ones, they are pretty good and do definitely show the progress even though the pounds may not be moving.

If you are not using a scale for BMI reasons, her thoughts were to get rid of the home scale completely. It is too easy to become a ‘slave’ to the scale and to allow yourself to get down based on what the scale says. Heck, it already shows I am up, why not keep eating right?.....wrong, jump right back on the program.

I tend to agree with her, and feel the philosophy definitely applies regardless of the program. But I for one know it is hard NOT to step on the scale every morning.

Congrats on all the great losses this week. Let’s keep the trend in the right direction. Welcome all newbies (of which I may still be considered one) and for all those ‘returning to the fold’.

Have a great weekend.
Michael M is offline   Reply With Quote