Old 03-19-2007, 04:10 PM   #811  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

Hah, Nicole, I hear you! My DB is 31 to my 35 (almsot 36) years, so I get ribbed ALL the time about being old, about robbing the cradle, etc. I just turn it around on him by telling him what a stud he would've been if he'd met me when we were still in our teens. WOW, an 8th grader making it with a SENIOR. Hah! w00t-w00t! That usually shuts him up and makes him appreciate my age a little more.

Good luck on your personal challenge, Dan!!! You can do it!!!!
hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 04:26 PM   #812  
Wendy II

S/C/G: 206/201/160

Height: 5'4"

Good Luck on your new challenge Dan!
Wendelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 04:33 PM   #813  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

what a great challenge dan! you can do it! i set a 10lb goal for myself to be at by my birthday..and i did it with a few days to spare. it's a great goal to have and it might be tough, but you can get it done!
good luck!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 04:47 PM   #814  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

Go Dan Go!
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 05:09 PM   #815  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

well, I have it the opposite. My DH is 9 years older than me. So I am always the young one! it is nice.
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 06:10 PM   #816  
Erika on LAWL

S/C/G: 189.6/171.4/140

Height: 5'4"

Wow I had some catching up to do. Saturday was not a good day for me, I had gooey cheesy lasagna for dinner in North Beach and they brought us some of my favorite cookies for dessert, so I had a couple. And a glass of red wine... Haven't stepped on the sclae since Friday thought because I put myself on a scaleaholics anonymous program. I will not step on the scale more than twice per week. Its highly inaccurate most of the time anyway because I do so much cardio and strength training. My first time on LAWL I lost the weight so fast, but the inches weren't coming off much. Now I'm losing slowly, but I'm losing inches incredibly fast. I told my mom who wears a size 10 this weekend that she better watch out because before too long I'll be raiding her closet. Anyway...I was POP yesterday and I'm having a POP day today. Tomorrow is my WI day online so we'll see how I do. Dan, that's a great challenge. If the end of the 6 week challenge didn't fall so close to my birthday I would take up a challenge like that. My birthday is on the 13th of next month.

I also caved in and had one girl scout cookie last night...
Chick With Stix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 06:25 PM   #817  

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone. I went and got weighed in today and lost .8 of a pound. I kind of thought the weight would be coming off faster but at least it's going the right way for a change! Everyone has the line graphs at the bottom of their postings - how do I get one?

Never mind - I figured it out.

Last edited by BobbySam; 03-19-2007 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Figured answer to my question
BobbySam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 06:47 PM   #818  

Height: 5'9"

Am hoping for a good couple of days before my next weigh in. Others on LAWL - do you weigh in 3X per week? I need the accountability it seems. With WW it was too easy to stray!
BobbySam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 07:00 PM   #819  
Vic

S/C/G: 160/160/130

Height: 5'4

Good afternoon all!

Well, after having a couple extra starches this weekend I was going to be a big chicken and not WI until Weds but I had a change of heart. I thought if I start doing that it is going to become a pattern for cheating every weekend and that's not how I want to do this...SO...I went to a COD in the town I was working today and did a WI. Sure enough I was up 1.4 but since I know that I am going to flutuate from WI to WI and am counting my Friday WI's as "official" I didn't freak out. I just said to myself that it's OK and have been POP since Saturday and adding a little extra water. The COD at the location I went to today was awesome...I will definitely be going back there again. She had a before picture of herself on her desk and she looked like a completely different person. WOW! She has lost 83 pounds. Very inspiring. So grilled chicken and salad for this girl tonight and a date with the treadmill. Hope to be back down by Weds and more by Friday!

Cassi: Thanks for the words of wisdom. I am actually in charge of the business lunches so I always make sure that we either go somewhere where I have some good choices or that I bring in something healthy. Although, the one I have on Thursday may be a challenge...they usually want Mexican so I may have to pretend to pick at some stuff and then eat somewhere healthy with my boss afterward which is what we usually do. (PS> I am also on TOQ!)
Seagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:48 PM   #820  
Kelli

S/C/G: 187/136.8/128

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Nicole View Post
Lettie.......love your new avatar...........and I know it is frustrating. I try, and I repeat, try, to use one day as my official WI day for calculating my losses. Right now it is mondays, and Joni said a while back ago that people who WI on mondays seem to have the most success.

Hey, Joni.........sorry you are having a rough time. I am too........but you know, as well as I do, the only thing that makes it work is working IT!!! So, let's get this party started so we can move onto stabilization and mainainance ( I HATE typing that word) already. You know we can do this

Oh, and check this out everyone........when I went for a physical on Friday, my doc told me that soy products can raise estrogen levels...which can cause skin changes (hello zitty), and gastro-intestinal problems. She said many people cannot do soy........and she wrote me a note for my COD. She said many people only have minor problems that are manageable..........but some just can't do it. So........there ya have it. I felt better after talking to her, cuz I kept thinking it was all in my head about being soy intolerant. She also told me I was very healthy......and that I have to have a mamogram??????!!!???? I was not happy. I am only 36.........but apparently, it is never to early to smash those babies. I will do it, cuz I think it would be irresponsible not to........but I am not looking forward to it.

Oh, and I was outside with my boys earlier, and I was visiting with my neighbor.....and he paid me the nicest compliment. He is older.........almost retirment age.....and he was talking about his grown sons.....and he asked me how old I was, and I told him I would be 37 in August......and she just shook his head, and said, "geesh......I thought you were like 32 or 33........."
I know it is only a couple of years younger than I really am......but I was thrilled. I often feel old, as my DH is only 30........and he always teases me. So, it was pretty nice having someone say that. Ok, still haven't gotten anything done yet today.

Oh, and if I PM'd you, freaking out about my COD or online access..........I got it solved.........so sorry for freaking out on you........and thanks for listening
XOXO
Hi Yes, its a good idea to get a basline read at this age...I am 37 as well. How old is your oldest, you look like a child yourself!
mamabanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:53 PM   #821  
Kelli

S/C/G: 187/136.8/128

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagal View Post
Good afternoon all!

Well, after having a couple extra starches this weekend I was going to be a big chicken and not WI until Weds but I had a change of heart. I thought if I start doing that it is going to become a pattern for cheating every weekend and that's not how I want to do this...SO...I went to a COD in the town I was working today and did a WI. Sure enough I was up 1.4 but since I know that I am going to flutuate from WI to WI and am counting my Friday WI's as "official" I didn't freak out. I just said to myself that it's OK and have been POP since Saturday and adding a little extra water. The COD at the location I went to today was awesome...I will definitely be going back there again. She had a before picture of herself on her desk and she looked like a completely different person. WOW! She has lost 83 pounds. Very inspiring. So grilled chicken and salad for this girl tonight and a date with the treadmill. Hope to be back down by Weds and more by Friday!

Cassi: Thanks for the words of wisdom. I am actually in charge of the business lunches so I always make sure that we either go somewhere where I have some good choices or that I bring in something healthy. Although, the one I have on Thursday may be a challenge...they usually want Mexican so I may have to pretend to pick at some stuff and then eat somewhere healthy with my boss afterward which is what we usually do. (PS> I am also on TOQ!)
Great attitude! I had pizza on Saturday night (carb craver, but still...it worries me....) and I havent WI..also too chicken. Ive been POP very light though, so Im hoping it wont be so bad this time.
mamabanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:00 PM   #822  

S/C/G: 300.4/233/175

Height: 5'8"

Ok...I lost that same pound. So, at least I lost! YEAH! Also, I have been switched back to Red Plan 1 w/Lites. Double YEAH!! I am in hopes that I will lose like I did the first two weeks on the program. I think my body needs that extra food because I am pretty busy through out the day.

I will definitely consider not wearing jeans at WIs. Today I wore a sort of clingy shirt and some loose fitting yoga pants, so maybe that was the difference...but I was OP this weekend, so who knows. I also noticed that my curves are coming back a little. So, I know I am losing inches.

Slow losers UNITE!!! We have to keep our eye on the prize.

BTW, has anyone seen the new 8 week LAWL commercial? The ladies on there were saying they lost between 20-50 lbs within 8 weeks. How is that possible? Everyone's weightloss varies, but WOW!
ElleofALady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:07 PM   #823  

S/C/G: 264/264/199

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdsqrl View Post
-chug! chug! chug!- (and no, Jason, that's not an order for you, hee!)

Well, okay, maybe for you, too, but only if you share the wings with us!
lol...maybe tomorrow...I'm still feeling the effects of saturday. I'm always up for wings though...and I will share...lol.
SaskNewfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:32 PM   #824  
Vic

S/C/G: 160/160/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabanana View Post
Great attitude! I had pizza on Saturday night (carb craver, but still...it worries me....) and I havent WI..also too chicken. Ive been POP very light though, so Im hoping it wont be so bad this time.
Thanks Kelli! I had pizza Friday (Papa Murphy's cheese delite)...also CC butI don't think that's what did me in. As I mentioned, I had a couple extra starches on Saturday and had starch with dinner all three nights so I will have to watch that closer. Good luck this week!
Seagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 10:29 PM   #825  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Okay girls, how goes the POP for a week promise? I have actually been POP today, for the first time in a LOOOOONG time. Feels so good. I even dished out a TON of ice cream to the daycare kids today, and stayed out of it. I can do this, I have done this, and I am gonna keep doing this!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote