Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 12:56 AM   #271  
Start 3/8/15

S/C/G: 150/119/120

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone...hope you don't mind if I join you! I've been maintaining on my own for a couple of months...then had so many graduations, school banquets, & etc...that I had better do a small reboot. I have had 8 really bad days in the past 2 weeks. So, I'm planning on doing a couple phase 1 weeks. I'm posting here for some accountability. I've been trying to get on phase 1 for 2 days, with no success. I DO NOT want to spiral out of control...so thought I'd reach out here.
Old 05-23-2016, 08:10 AM   #272  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi FitMom, welcome!

One thing that I found that helped that first week of P1 was to spread out my protein or add an extra packet so I didn't have the physical sensation of hunger, and then plan some non-food focused activities to keep me busy. Hard to pull off when sitting at a desk all day, but works been busy enough that the hours go quickly. My initial losses have also been slow, but your mileage may vary. Another thing could be to set a time limit. Commit to doing P1 for two weeks or until July or whatever you want, and then reevaluate when you reach there. Sometimes that helps get over the feeling of missing out. It's a practice of self discipline just for a limited time.

You can do it!

Slip: Congrats on moving on to P3! Maybe having the variety of food will make that last pound slip off.

Monica and PurpleMomster, congrats on moving that scale down!

Whether you're off today or settling into another week of work (like me) have a good Monday!
Old 05-23-2016, 11:39 AM   #273  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitMom02 View Post
Hi everyone...hope you don't mind if I join you!
The more the merrier We are all on the same journey of trying to both lose weight and maintain those losses once we do. I absolutely agree with pishposh's advice. getting through that first few days of carbless crazy are the hardest part so do what you need to get through it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
Hi FitMom, welcome!
Monica and PurpleMomster, congrats on moving that scale down!

Whether you're off today or settling into another week of work (like me) have a good Monday!
Thanks pishposh

As I am in Canada this is the last day of the long weekend (though I am still off till Thursday) and now that the forecast has changed and is no longer calling for rain I plan on starting the painting on my fence. Keeping myself busy works the best for me to stay on plan so may as well improve my home while improving me . I hope everyone has a great IP Monday.
Old 05-23-2016, 09:21 PM   #274  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone,

Fitmom, welcome aboard! So smart of you to reign it in with accountability.

Pishposh, I am looking forward to not dealing with the C issue, hopefully phase 3 will take care of that and the pound. I hope you had a wonderful Monday.

Monica, so glad it cleared up for your day off. Did the fence get done? Love you staying busy strategy.

Jo, nice to see you here. So happy that your reboot is going well and that you get to thrift again. Sorry that work is so crazy.

Shopped and am now ready for Phase 3. I enjoy Phase 3 on Summer break, not so much during the school year(so early to eat).
Old 05-23-2016, 10:38 PM   #275  
Start 3/8/15

S/C/G: 150/119/120

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone! Thank you for the warm welcome!!

Pishposh & Monica, thank you for your advice! Those first few days ARE usually the hardest. I did make it through today...so Day 1 is done! I deep cleaned two of our bathrooms today (and closets)... I think that helped. Monica, did you get your fence painted?

Slip, CONGRATS on phase 3! Those breakfasts are AWESOME!

Onward to Day 2 for me...hmmm...can I make it through it??
Old 05-24-2016, 11:02 AM   #276  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitMom02 View Post
Monica, did you get your fence painted?
Unfortunately no, it started raining and still is so I did not get to start. Instead I did like you and deep cleaned the house. I bought a new washer/dryer this past Friday so I have been washing everything that's not tied down
Old 05-24-2016, 12:53 PM   #277  

Small Victory's today I was able to fit back into my jeans which I got to big for about 2 months ago.I was so very happy to see my work paying off already
Old 05-24-2016, 01:32 PM   #278  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
Small Victory's today I was able to fit back into my jeans which I got to big for about 2 months ago.I was so very happy to see my work paying off already
Congrats! That's a great feeling.
Old 05-24-2016, 01:35 PM   #279  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

[QUOTE=stickingtotheplan;5260045]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Stickingtotheplan, you said that you set a count down on your phone, how did you do that? That sounds like a good idea, if I could commit 100% for 60 days I know that I would be hooked!!

Hi Kellyc14, I found the countdown on Google Play. It is the Days Left widget. I moved it on my main screen and it says "days left" and now it says "33." There are several on Google Play so you can choose the one that fits you. For some reason it did the trick for me and I've been staying strong.

I'm doing okay today. Down one more pound this morning which I'm pleased about. Have a good night everyone.

Found it! Thank you!!!
Old 05-24-2016, 02:38 PM   #280  
IP start 4/4/16

S/C/G: 280/235/199.9

Height: 5ft6in

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
This is awesome, monica!! And now you'll be ready to wash them in your new washer.

I'm too afraid to try on anything yet. 3lbs more down today, I can't wait to be in the 230s, hopefully before June 1st.

My goal was to be under 250 before 4th of July so I can't believe I'm down this much since starting the first week of April.

I'm so glad these threads got so active!
Old 05-24-2016, 03:43 PM   #281  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrotsAreMyLife View Post
3lbs more down today, I can't wait to be in the 230s, hopefully before June 1st.

My goal was to be under 250 before 4th of July so I can't believe I'm down this much since starting the first week of April.
That is awesome !!!! I am so happy it is going better then expected
Old 05-25-2016, 06:31 PM   #282  

Well that was fun. Had to get up at 2am with DH to take him to the airport (an hour away) for him to go to his grandfathers funeral. Then had to stay up till 8 to go to the dentist for which I was there 2 hours. I was exhausted after that. So took a nap, walked the dogs and now I am going to try my hand at zucchini noodles for supper. Wish me luch

Last edited by MonicaKolesnik; 05-25-2016 at 06:31 PM.
Old 05-25-2016, 10:43 PM   #283  

S/C/G: 187/182/130

Height: 5'4''

Well finally made through one day...day 1 again...,this time for good! I cant wait for a week to go by to start feeling better...get rid of the carb envy and just feel good and not blaw! It is so hard to make it through one day...not looking back....day 2 tomorrow!
Old 05-25-2016, 11:10 PM   #284  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loser13 View Post
Well finally made through one day...day 1 again...,this time for good! I cant wait for a week to go by to start feeling better...get rid of the carb envy and just feel good and not blaw! It is so hard to make it through one day...not looking back....day 2 tomorrow!
You got this!! Take it each day at a time, thats all any of us can do.
Old 05-26-2016, 01:58 PM   #285  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi all,
Hope you're hanging in there ok. I am getting a little frustrated. I feel like the scale has barely budged in two weeks. Also, TOM came around, so that's impacting the scale, and the temperature went from 50s and 60s last week to 80s up to almost 90 today, so my summer fluff layer is returning.

Trying to drink a lot of water, but man this is hard. All I want is a big Popsicle. Has anyone tried making popsicles out of the drinks? I have some of the pink lemonade drink and a popsicle mold so maybe I'll give that a try.

Looking forward to getting some yard work done this weekend even though it will be HOT.

1 more day to the weekend!
Closed Thread