Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 10:13 AM   #376  
Reboot on 8/29/16

S/C/G: 278/265/180

Height: 5'8"

Default Reboot - for life!

Hi everyone, I did IP almost 4 years ago and lost 45 lbs. I went off plan when my mom got sick, tried to restart a half dozen times, but I found one excuse for or another to quit. NOT THIS TIME! I've moved so I have to find a new place to transfer into, but I have a stash of products, so I am going ahead and getting on track.

Today is officially day 3. I haven't cheated but my evening meals are a struggle already. I want to go to bed at 7! Same thing happened before. I need to do some serious prep this weekend. Eating frozen fish and chicken in the meantime. I really gotta stay on plan this time! Better health for me means I can be a better mom!

Here's to day 3!

Sara
278/275/180
Old 08-31-2016, 10:41 AM   #377  

S/C/G: 182/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Reboot

Hi everyone! I'm Cecilia and I did IP back in 2013, lost 40 lbs and was very happy with the results. BUT.... didn't follow up with my coach religiously once I hit Phase 4 - and gradually over the course of 2 + years I gained all the weight back. I really miss being a size 8 so now this time I'm determined to again lose the excess weight - bet down to a smaller size - and keep it off for good. I recently started and I'm now on Week 1 - Day 3 and so far so good.

I wasn't a member of this forum before, but I think it's good to be "around" folks who understand what I've been through, what I'm going through, and what I will be facing in the months ahead. I look forward to exchanging experiences, ideas, and words of advice with everyone. Let the weight loss begin!!
Old 08-31-2016, 02:46 PM   #378  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

HI gals, just popping in for a quick pat on the back to you all! Good to get it going now, maybe you will be back into your fancy outfits for the holidays.
Old 08-31-2016, 03:01 PM   #379  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Welcome Ted, Sara, and Ondeegoh!

I'm two weeks into my reboot and down 9 pounds! I'm feeling good and I know I'm in ketosis, as I'm not as hungry any more. Over this summer I gained almost half of what I lost, so I'm also in it for the long haul. That's fine with me.
I'm using alternatives, but this afternoon I will go and meet with my delightful IP coach. I haven't seen her since last winter, but her door is always open to me. I'll also purchase a few of my IP favorites, although I do most of my ordering from Nashua online.

I'm feeling pretty good at 2 weeks in. The first week was a little tricky, but we've all been here before and we know that if we stick to it, the weight will go away.

I wish you all well and am glad you're here on this forum. Looking forward to this journey. It will be fun to have you along!

Canadjineh, that's a picture of you, right????

Kat and Cactus, how are you this week?
Old 09-01-2016, 04:06 AM   #380  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Yaaaaa, right.... Thanks joysh, I wish,
I am starting to feel like all the older relatives in 'My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2'
“Pull my neck back, I’ll pull yours.” -relatives posing for a photo

Liana
Old 09-01-2016, 07:53 PM   #381  
Started IP 6/14/12

Hi Rebooters!

Hope you've had a good day!

Haha Canadjineh!

Yesterday I went to see my coach, whom I haven't seen since last Feb or March. She's delightful and we spent a good 45 minutes catching up. I bought some IP foods that are my favorites, and left feeling good. She's generous with her time and always very supportive.

I'm really enjoying my roasted vegetables tonight! Zucchini, red peppers, and a little bit of rutabaga. Yum!

Have a good evening!

Last edited by joysh; 09-01-2016 at 07:54 PM.
Old 09-03-2016, 12:22 PM   #382  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Default Back, too

I lost 55 lbs on IP in 2010. Never went through all the phases...big mistake. Anyway, gained it all back. Sooo, I started back on August 11.... My mind was made up. I have not had a hard time at all. For me it is so mental. I don't even think about cheating....well, except when I smell French fries...lol. I hurry on to something else! I am down 13.9 lb and have already ditched some clothes. I was 191 this morning and looking forward to the 180's. I am using all alternatives this time and find them much more satisfying(although IP may have made some improvements in 6 years). These are cheaper and I can get it all delivered. (I had to drive 30 miles for IP). Anyway, I just wanted to pop in and say hi.
Old 09-04-2016, 12:37 AM   #383  
Emporium owner

S/C/G: 265/179/160

After about two weeks of total compliance I managed to blow a day, nothing crazy like a pizza or a case of beer. We were having breakfast at a cafe and substitutions can be tricky, you order an omelette and they add in 3Lb of potatoes and four slices of bread so I always tell them not to send that stuff and ask if they have veggies or some other option. I end up with about the right amount of protein with a meat + veg omelette but they subed some sausage for the potatoes which took me from 8oz to 11oz or so because I always feel like I am starving, then the wife hit me with the bacon bomb, couldn't resist the offer of bacon. So instead of 8oz I was more like 14oz but no carbs. I have to tell on myself so I don't let it slip.

For me it isn't the big no-no's that get me out of compliance, people at my workplace eat like crap with tons of junkfood sitting around that I ignore. They order pizza and pasta and make runs to McDonald's and Wendy's while I eat my packets and stupid cucumber slices. But rationalizing that extra skewer of shrimp or larger omelette because of the lack of carbs is what can trip me up.
Old 09-04-2016, 02:57 PM   #384  
Reboot on 8/29/16

Default Day 7 - future struggles showing

Hi everyone,

Yes, it's day 7. I am already seeing some possible things that might trip me up. Everything is planning based. But I made my "what will I do once the weight's off list," and that has helped me put in the extra bit of effort so far. It probably doesn't help that I am doing this without a coach yet - subsisting on my stash of past purchases.
Old 09-05-2016, 09:47 PM   #385  

S/C/G: 186/178/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Starting the reboot

Hi folks,
Well, brought the kid back to school, so now I cook for just me. Couldn't find a better time to restart. I have recently discovered the Spiralizer for Zucchini noodles Oh my, they ar delicious.
I am going to start slow and shoot for 5pounds first, baby steps!

Chat with u soon
pam
Old 09-05-2016, 09:48 PM   #386  

Quote:
Originally Posted by saralee101 View Post
Hi everyone,

Yes, it's day 7. I am already seeing some possible things that might trip me up. Everything is planning based. But I made my "what will I do once the weight's off list," and that has helped me put in the extra bit of effort so far. It probably doesn't help that I am doing this without a coach yet - subsisting on my stash of past purchases.
Buy yourself a new outfit!
Old 09-05-2016, 09:50 PM   #387  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Sheckler View Post
After about two weeks of total compliance I managed to blow a day, nothing crazy like a pizza or a case of beer. We were having breakfast at a cafe and substitutions can be tricky, you order an omelette and they add in 3Lb of potatoes and four slices of bread so I always tell them not to send that stuff and ask if they have veggies or some other option. I end up with about the right amount of protein with a meat + veg omelette but they subed some sausage for the potatoes which took me from 8oz to 11oz or so because I always feel like I am starving, then the wife hit me with the bacon bomb, couldn't resist the offer of bacon. So instead of 8oz I was more like 14oz but no carbs. I have to tell on myself so I don't let it slip.

For me it isn't the big no-no's that get me out of compliance, people at my workplace eat like crap with tons of junkfood sitting around that I ignore. They order pizza and pasta and make runs to McDonald's and Wendy's while I eat my packets and stupid cucumber slices. But rationalizing that extra skewer of shrimp or larger omelette because of the lack of carbs is what can trip me up.
Be kind to yourself, it wasn't a bowl of pasta. Tomorrow is a new day
Old 09-06-2016, 08:47 AM   #388  
Reboot on 8/29/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmie48 View Post
Buy yourself a new outfit!
My clothes were actually one of the reasons I got back on IP. Even my bras were getting tight and I started using bra extenders!

I actually spent yesterday doing a lot of research and planning. Tons of veggies in the fridge, and I've resolved to try at least one new thing a week. Bought a rutabaga and attempted fries last night, but either they were burned to a crisp, or they were soft in the middle.
Old 09-07-2016, 09:44 AM   #389  
Started IP 6/14/12

Good morning, all!

Today is the 3 week mark for my reboot and I'm down 12 pounds! I'm very happy about this. I'm well into ketosis and in my P1 routine.

I've got a way to go, so I'm in this for the long haul once again. It sure is nice to see that scale go in the right direction (left direction?) and the clothes to feel better. And I feel better, too.

Ted, hang in there. You are probably fine with that little slip-up of more protein, I completely understand the mind game we play of having a few more ounces of protein and feeing guilty. Don't let it derail you and just keep on going.

Hi saralee! My clothes were also one of the reasons I got back on IP. I had thrown out my largest sizes and, although I knew I would take this extra weight back off, I had to go buy clothes to wear right now. Sigh. An uneeded expense. And--- I love my clothes in smaller sizes. So I'm on my way back to them. That's all I can say. Every day is a little better. We can do this!

BTW, rutabaga is one of my favorite vegetables. I usually roast in the oven sliced rutabaga, zucchini, and red peppers. A bit of olive oil, salt and pepper and they are yummy! Sometimes I add cauliflower or asparagus. Whatever is left over I throw in my soup for the next day's lunch. Yum!

Hi carmie! This seems to be a great tine to start. I'm a teacher and I like to start when we have our "on-call" week. Then I'm past the first week by the time the students come and I'm already in the routine.

I bought a mandoline this summer, but I seem to burn the zucchini chips I keep trying to make. they come out soggy or burnt.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 09-07-2016, 02:44 PM   #390  
Started July 23 2013

S/C/G: 293.6

Can someone post the latest phase 1 sheet. Starting agan after several years off and gained all of it back again.
Closed Thread