Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 01:09 PM   #241  
IP start 4/4/16

S/C/G: 280/235/199.9

Height: 5ft6in

I'm not a rebooter but this seems to be most active on 3fc.

Last week I lost 2.8 and was frustrated. So I decided to cut out any "extras" I might have, such as pickles (had 1/2-1 a day), WF sauce (bbq, caramel, etc), low sugar ketchup, ICE carbonated drinks (was having 1 a day). I also did very short non-cardio walks 4x last week (not enough to warrant any extra packets). I was hoping it would give me a bump over 3lbs a week but instead I only lost 2.6! I'm so mad, I'm adding my extras back in as needed/wanted now.

My coach isn't really a coach, just a money collector. I wish I did more research before picking her. She thinks I'm doing "fine" because I'm average. I don't like being "average". I wish I could fast forward time and get these pounds off. I know I didn't gain them overnight and they won't come off overnight but aaaaarggghhh. 👿
Old 05-17-2016, 03:10 PM   #242  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Monica and all - at least we are all in this together! It helps to know that you're not alone in your struggle!! It's such a MIND thing!! I need to get my mind on track and the rest will follow!! Stickingtotheplan, you said that you set a count down on your phone, how did you do that? That sounds like a good idea, if I could commit 100% for 60 days I know that I would be hooked!!

joysh that was nice of your son in law and family to be so understanding and accommodating!! I have to say, my husband has been great, he and my daughter are my biggest supporters. Maybe a little too much at times, lol, he will say..."are you supposed to be eating that?" it's aggravating, but actually keeps me on track.

Carrotsaremylife I totally get where you are coming from, and I know you don't want to hear this...but 2.6 lbs a week is GOOD!!! that is 10.4 lbs a month, 20.8 lbs in two months, and 31.2 lbs in three months!!!
Hang in there, you are doing great!!!

pishposh my weak time is as soon as I walk in the door from work!! I have got to come up with an attack plan!! Have a salad or some cut up veggies ready so I don't go off plan. And for me, staying away from the wine is by far the most difficult! I can do it though!! It's worth it!!
Old 05-17-2016, 05:20 PM   #243  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

pishposhappelsauce your right on track with my feelings as well. I tried to reboot multipul times and I also kept beating myself up with the what if's. Now for me anyway I realized I have to fully commit to the plan and for me that means posting here just to keep my sanity. I hate talking about dieting to others cause its boring to them I am sure. But when your working a 12 hour shift at the hospital and eating as little as we are, and then an emergency walks in which prevents you from eating your supper anywhere near time (which is important) I look silly as heck with my hard boiled egg or blender ball protein drink if I have not told them I am dieting. My friends and co-workers are very supportive but I find once they know I am dieting and start to see the results on me many are like "having one piece, one drink, one whatever off plan thing won't hurt" but for me it will cause if I start to make those excuses again I am back to square one. Not sure if I am alone in this but I found it hard the first time and I will still be there this time. My advice to myself and anyone else who finally found there motivation to make a significant change is don't let others derail your motivation

Last edited by MonicaKolesnik; 05-17-2016 at 05:38 PM.
Old 05-17-2016, 05:37 PM   #244  

Carrotsaremylife I completely agree with Kellyc14 2.6 pounds is a good week, truthfully anyone who has done IP before will tell you any loss per week is a good week because as you really begin to get lower in numbers or have been in the plan for a good while you will start to have weeks where you will stall and lose nothing. Our bodies do not want to give up there extra fat cushion, it is our bodies safety net incase of starvation. The body especially doesn't want to let it go quickly. I am sure part of your frustration is that you had much bigger losses at the start, but that is because you are losing water and the excess glycogen stored in your liver. Once these are depleted the losses are smaller so know that. My coach used to talk about this diet like it was magic but it is not. We are depriving our body of carbs so much that it is having to look for other places to get energy. The body then pulls energy from both our fat and our muscles. because of this we eat more protein to try and slow down the muscle loss. The added benefit is that when our bodies are in the fat burning for energy phase (ketotic state) you feel much less hungry and have a lot less cravings (well at least I do) which is where for me this type of diet helps immensely. Keep on plan and keep coming back here for support and eventually you will reach your goal but there is no way to really speed it up, trust me many of us tried
Old 05-17-2016, 06:44 PM   #245  
IP start 4/4/16

Thanks ladies! I know you are all right, I'm just so impatient! I wish I started in January.

I'm finally back to my December weight (not that it's anything to brag about ). My small goal is 199 but I won't see that until Halloween probably.

After reading about countdowns, I downloaded an app today and made a countdown for 4th of July, Labor Day, Halloween and Thanksgiving. It's nothing special but something to look at and dream about.

I'm so glad to be here with all of you and appreciate all of your experiences and help.
Old 05-17-2016, 06:50 PM   #246  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi Ladies,

Pishposh, great to see you here. I completely agree with you. I set a date and made myself stick to it. I also use events as motivation. Last year it was the pictures at my niece's wedding that kept me strong on maintenance. This year, it is my June trip to Italy that has kept me going on my reboot.

Kelly, I miss wine too! And the "social" fun that goes with the wine,lol. Hot tea is my go to when I am starving after school.

Monica, way to power through a tough schedule! You are right about work friends and encouragement to go off the rails- not helpful! Everyone is like- it is just 1 more pound, you can not live your life by the scale... Ugh. My family on the other hand is pretty supportive.

Carrots, unfortunately, I completely agree with Monica and Kelly- there is no way to speed up the weight loss and any weight lost is a good week!
Old 05-17-2016, 06:52 PM   #247  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
My friends and co-workers are very supportive but I find once they know I am dieting and start to see the results on me many are like "having one piece, one drink, one whatever off plan thing won't hurt" but for me it will cause if I start to make those excuses again I am back to square one.
This is a big issue for me. My mother, in particular- who often drops not-so-subtle hints that I should lose weight, gets militant about carbs when she finds out I'm dieting. "You can't eat no carbs!" (no, mom it's no no carbs) and "A little bit won't hurt" start to pop up.
Someone on this board (sorry, I don't recall who) used to term "protect ketosis" to offset that slippery thinking. That has stuck with me. Could I choose to eat off-plan? Sure, but instead I am engaged in protecting my state of ketosis. That feels so much better than "I can't".
Old 05-17-2016, 07:01 PM   #248  
IP start 4/4/16

Thank you, slipfree. I do get it, I'm just so impatient.

Monica---I wrote up a whole long private message to you and 3fc kicked it because I don't have enough posts to send a PM yet. I will again as soon as I'm able!
Old 05-17-2016, 11:35 PM   #249  

S/C/G: 185/175/150

Height: 5'7''

[QUOTE=Kellyc14;5259989]Stickingtotheplan, you said that you set a count down on your phone, how did you do that? That sounds like a good idea, if I could commit 100% for 60 days I know that I would be hooked!!

Hi Kellyc14, I found the countdown on Google Play. It is the Days Left widget. I moved it on my main screen and it says "days left" and now it says "33." There are several on Google Play so you can choose the one that fits you. For some reason it did the trick for me and I've been staying strong.

I'm doing okay today. Down one more pound this morning which I'm pleased about. Have a good night everyone.
Old 05-17-2016, 11:36 PM   #250  

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
Could I choose to eat off-plan? Sure, but instead I am engaged in protecting my state of ketosis. That feels so much better than "I can't".
I like that so much, I feel the same way but never knew how to put it into words. Now that I am back full on into the plan I feel great being back in ketosis. My energy levels are up and I once again can look at foods that used to make me crave hard and feel nothing. This is why I loved IP in the past. I can take my family for takeout if they want and happily sit there and eat my bar. It helps to bolster my own will power cause now mentally I don't feel deprived. Plus like you say now I want to protect my ketosis because I know how hard it is to get into and stay in this zone. seeing the weight going down doesn't hurt either
Old 05-18-2016, 09:45 AM   #251  
Restarted IP Jan 04, 2016

S/C/G: 221/218/200-190

Height: 5'7"

Running every other day and back to my 5k pace of 2009-2010! Finally saw a drop in my weight that has been deadpan steady since going on maintenance so I think the body is starting to reorganize what's left!
Old 05-18-2016, 04:11 PM   #252  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Slip - how is that pesky pound treating you?

I totally understand your frustration Three days since my bad day on Sunday and I'm still UP those two pounds. UGHHH. I need to back away from the scale, but I'm afraid if I don't weigh every day, I'll get to my clinic WI and if it's not what I expect or hope for I'll be even more crushed.

I'm sticking to the low GI packets, hoping that will help me get right faster, but like everyone has said, there's really nothing to do but wait.

Hope everyone is having a great hump day! Two days to the weekend!

Last edited by pishposhappelsauce; 05-18-2016 at 04:11 PM.
Old 05-18-2016, 04:11 PM   #253  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

With the improved running times you will be recomping, crashtested... keep an eye on measurements more than pounds at this point. Great work!

Hugs to all going through 'the struggle' - we can do this! Don't give up and isolate yourselves. Community helps!
How about a group hug! (I love lemurs, lol)

Liana
Old 05-18-2016, 07:54 PM   #254  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Pishposh, same stupid pound! Really unbelievable, but I am trying to look at the bright side. Phase 1 is keeping me on the straight and narrow with the social occasions involved with ending school. Today for example, I went to a meeting held at a restaurant. Every person ate tons of appetizers and drinks. I had decafe coffee and water. Had I been at goal I might have been tempted, so I guess the pesky pound helped.

Otherwise, the whole 1 pound would make me crazy. Lots of outside comments about not being slave to the scale. But I know maintenance after 3 years and I know what a splurge meal can do to the numbers on the scale and that number is not okay with me. So onward, I go! I do not weigh every day. I wait until the weekend because the stall number on the scale completely changes my mood. It is not fair to my 7th graders if I start the day already frustrated, so Sundays are for weigh in.

As Liana said, the inches are coming off, the clothes are fitting and I know for a fact that I retain water. I just have to be patient. I also learned a lesson- I do not want to have to do a 25 pound reboot again!!!!!
Old 05-18-2016, 09:35 PM   #255  
IP Start Date 5/13/13

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Hi Ladies,

Another rebooter here.... I started IP 3 years ago and lost 70 lbs. I managed to keep it off for a while but over the last year it has crept back on. My clothes stopped fitting and I tried over and over and over again to restart to no avail. I had put 30 lbs back on. So, about a month ago, I tried a new approach (instantly motivated when my Facebook memories popped up a picture of me from 2 years ago at my lowest weight ever!). I've committed to IP 100% until July 4th. I weigh myself less. I'm trying to weigh 2x a week and I literally have to talk myself out of stepping on the scale every morning and night. I got to where I was weighing myself twice a day which was great when I had a good weigh in, but I learned that the slight upticks were disastrous for my mental state and always led to me diving off the plan.

I have spent a lot of time reflecting on how I got here. When I lost the weight everyone complimented me and asked for my secret. My answer was always the same. "Ideal Protein. The easiest and hardest thing I've ever done." I explained the hard part was sticking to the plan, learning to manage social events and juggle meal preparation with a crazy schedule. The easy part was, as long as I followed the plan, it worked. Somewhere along the way, I forgot about the hard part. I kept thinking "I can eat this - I'll just do Phase 1 for a week and I will be right back to where I wanted to be" But I didn't. And the weight didn't come off either. So, I've learned not to forget the hard part. And I've learned to not set myself up for disappointment by constantly weighing myself either.

In just over a month, I've lost 15 pounds and most of my clothes fit again. I managed to get back in my size 6 pants today (well, 1 of them). My jawline is back as is my collarbone and my thigh gap, lol. I will stick with it until my goal date, not my goal weight and reassess from there. It's amazing what a shift in that goal has done for me. Sure, I have a goal weight range in mind, but I've finally accepted if I do this until July 4th, phase off properly again, and then continue my healthy habits, it will all work out.

Hang in there all my fellow rebooters. This is a life long journey and I'm learning more about it every single day.
Closed Thread