Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 09:39 AM   #346  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi Group!

Today I'm restarting IP. I lost 80 pounds 2012-2013 and kept most of it off (within 20 lbs) for the past 3 1/2 years. In the last year and half, I've been taking care of my sister, who had cancer. In May and June of this year, I spent the last month as her primary caregiver. She passed away mid-June and I gained half of my weight back.

I decided to "give" myself the rest of the summer and wait until I was home and back into my school routine. I'm back and beginning today. I'm very happy to back on IP and look forward to participating in this group as I continue my weight loss journey and get back to where I want to belong.

I'm here for the long haul and commit to being OP.

Hello to you all!
Old 08-17-2016, 09:56 AM   #347  

S/C/G: 176.4/168.4/140

Height: 5'4"

Joysh! I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your sister. I'm sure she was grateful to have you as her angel during that time.
Welcome back - as mostly a lurker I always loved your posts and your friendly supportive spirit on the boards. I'm glad you gave yourself the time to decompress and attempt to re-adjust, and "came back" when you felt ready.
You've got this, I'm sure of it!
Old 08-17-2016, 12:44 PM   #348  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

Welcome Back!

I have officially gained all 30lbs that I had lost. I have my brothers wedding in three weeks....pressure!!! Day 2 and hungry!
Old 08-17-2016, 10:38 PM   #349  

Hi everyone!

Joysh - so very sorry to hear about your sister. Good for you for giving yourself some time and good luck on the reboot!

I have made it to my initial goal since re-booting in January but I'm currently in Phase 3, heading in to maintenance. I'm not at my final goal weight of 150lbs but I'm dealing with some health issues at the moment. I hope to be back at it and lose the last 20+lbs after Thanksgiving.

Hope everyone is doing well and I'll keep checking in.

Last edited by PurpleMomster; 08-17-2016 at 10:38 PM. Reason: fix spelling mistakes
Old 08-17-2016, 10:43 PM   #350  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Welcome back Joysh! Sorry to hear about your sister.... I'm sure she appreciated your being there for her.
Weather in Louisiana is crazy, be careful and stay safe!
Hugs
Liana
Old 08-19-2016, 09:20 AM   #351  
Started IP 6/14/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Margaret View Post
Joysh! I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your sister. I'm sure she was grateful to have you as her angel during that time.
Welcome back - as mostly a lurker I always loved your posts and your friendly supportive spirit on the boards. I'm glad you gave yourself the time to decompress and attempt to re-adjust, and "came back" when you felt ready.
Thanks so much for your kind words, Lynn Margaret. It means a lot.

Thanks, CO_6. and PurpleMomster! As we know it gets easier as we go along. Although I also know that it's never "easy." But I do know that we can do this!

Thanks, canadjineh! Glad to know you're still here and maintaining!

I'm not in southern Louisiana, so I haven't been flooded this week. My thoughts and prayers are with those who are experiencing it. I've got many students who will not be able to make the beginning of the semester on Monday. It's really horrible.

As for me, this is day 3 and I'm already down 5 pounds! I know this first week is "water weight" loss , but that's ok by me. I was feeling so bloated and I did not like to see the scale so high. Just knowing that I have the power to make it go down is very comforting. I knew it, but seeing it is very motivating.

Onward!!!

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 08-19-2016, 10:33 AM   #352  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone,

I hope I can join you. I wanted to find a thread just to keep in touch. I have been planning to start so many times (see past posts!) and finally got my head on straight last night and I am starting today. I have all the food and I am good for a while!

I wish you all the best and hope to keep posting!

Take care
Old 08-19-2016, 10:46 AM   #353  
Started IP 6/14/12

Welcome, Cactusblossom!

Yes, keep in touch here!
Old 08-19-2016, 10:54 AM   #354  

Thanks so much Joy! It feels good to have actually made the decision to get started and follow on that!

Have a wonderful day!
Old 08-19-2016, 01:19 PM   #355  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Default Back at it!

Hi, all! Joysh - Sorry to hear about your sister - I can't imagine how difficult that was.

I originally reached goal in late 2012, maintained pretty well for a couple of years. In the last 2 years I started a new job that was pretty stressful for the first year. Long story, but I decided focusing on my weight while dealing with all of the issues at work was just too much. (Yes, I am a stress eater!) I got nearly back to where I started in July 2012 before deciding to come back. I started again a week and a half ago and have got past the carb cravings to a point where I am feeling good.

I also have several people at work doing IP with alternatives, so we've planned a regular Wednesday lunch meet up in the break room to support each other.

I feel good about this, but I know once I get where I want to be, I've clearly got a few things to learn about maintenance!
Old 08-19-2016, 01:29 PM   #356  

Hi Lizzie.

So glad to see you here! You will do great and that is wonderful to have people around you on the program as well. I too feel great about this and we will all do terrific together!!

Joy - I too am very sorry to hear about your sister. That was wonderful that you were able to be with her.
Old 08-19-2016, 05:00 PM   #357  
Started IP 6/14/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Hi, all!..I also have several people at work doing IP with alternatives, so we've planned a regular Wednesday lunch meet up in the break room to support each other....I feel good about this, but I know once I get where I want to be, I've clearly got a few things to learn about maintenance!
Hi Lizzy! Good to "see" you. We are together our first time around, as did P1 June 2012-March 2013. It's only been a few days, so I'm not yet in ketosis, although I've already lost 5 pounds of water and that feels good.

How wonderful to have a support group at work!

I actually have a friend and fellow faculty (and my next-door office neighbor) who did IP. She's not on it now, but she completely understands and is very supportive. I did manage to avoid the the faculty luncheon yesterday. "Too busy," although I know I could've made the time if I wanted to.

Yes, it was a difficult summer for me, although my sister passed away exactly as she wanted to: in her own bed with her (grown) kids and sister in the house, sleeping peacefully with Chopin piano music playing in her room. She had a year and half from diagnosis to transition so there was plenty of time to spend quality time with the family and get all of her affairs in order, spiritually, emotionally, and materially. She was not really incapacitated until the last week or so. So all of that is a blessing. So many people do not have that opportunity, so we're grateful for that.

Best of luck! We can do this together!
Old 08-20-2016, 11:06 AM   #358  

Hi everybody,

Hope you are well. I got through Day 1 ok, though I struggled last night. I have only been on WW in the past, so I was missing fruit! But I know I will have it later on.

I am in this alone. I do work with someone who is getting ready to have weight loss surgery in the next few months, but unfortunately she is not the type of person to tell that I am starting this program. Even though it is very likely she will be eating the same foods eventually. Too much female competition which is silly, so I am staying quiet.

Joy - that is good that your sister had some time and everyone was together.

Hope you all have a nice day. Take care.
Old 08-20-2016, 03:58 PM   #359  
Started IP 6/14/12

Hi All!

Cactusblossum, hang in there! The first few days can be a little difficult as your body adjusts. Drink a lot of water and allow yourself to rest. This is the weekend, so take it easy. You'll start to feel better by the 4th or 5th day and after a week or so you'll begin feeling really good. Once you're into ketosis you won't be as hungry.

Sometimes it's good NOT to tell people that you are doing this until you've been on it for about a month or so and your weight loss becomes visible. And it will! Then let people ask you what you're doing. They will. Use these forums for your support.

Again, hang in there! This really works if you stick to the program. Do you have an IP coach that you go to?
Old 08-21-2016, 02:02 PM   #360  

Hi Joy,

Thanks so much. No, I am doing this on my own. Been reading lots here and after a few times "planning" to start, I finally did! I seem to be OK other than a little blah feeling. But I will keep pushing forward!

Thanks again and have a wonderful day!
Closed Thread