Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 09:25 AM   #421  
Reboot on 8/29/16

S/C/G: 278/265/180

Height: 5'8"

Liana and Onehu2 - thank you for your kind words.

I'm weighing in about 30 minutes, and I am keeping my fingers crossed that my renewed dedication will show some progress on the coach's scale.

On another note --- I'm thinking about going on the athletic protocol for a for the next 6 weeks. We've decided to head to Ireland for Thanksgiving! So, I'm going to need to start working out.

Has anyone had any experience with the athletic protocol? Any stalls to expect?
Old 09-29-2016, 03:46 PM   #422  
Becky264

S/C/G: 210/177/140

Height: 5'2"

Default So glad you guys are here!

I'm back -- needing encouragement. I'm so glad you guys are here.

I was on IP for about a year. Lost almost 60 pounds. Husband lost 82. We decided to "take the summer off." We had camping, trips planned, went to San Francisco with a girlfriend, etc. I was conscious of what I was doing - and I still don't regret it ---- but I put on 20 pounds and hubby put on about 30. We needed a break -- but we slowly went back to our old habits.

Here I am . . . again. I know what I need to do, I know how to do it. I am just having trouble getting seriously started. I start for a day or two, then fall off. I have a big scrapbooking retreat next weekend so I need to get past that -- and then really give it ****!! Gotta get going - big time.

I'll be checking in here for your updates, ideas, recipes, and encouragement. So glad there is a place for us to get together. I have IP on FB too, but it's not like it used to be. And now that I'm a "rebooter" I need encouragement from people like me!!
Old 09-30-2016, 11:46 PM   #423  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky264 View Post
I'm back -- needing encouragement. I'm so glad you guys are here.

I was on IP for about a year. Lost almost 60 pounds. Husband lost 82. We decided to "take the summer off." We had camping, trips planned, went to San Francisco with a girlfriend, etc. I was conscious of what I was doing - and I still don't regret it ---- but I put on 20 pounds and hubby put on about 30. We needed a break -- but we slowly went back to our old habits.

Here I am . . . again. I know what I need to do, I know how to do it. I am just having trouble getting seriously started. I start for a day or two, then fall off. I have a big scrapbooking retreat next weekend so I need to get past that -- and then really give it ****!! Gotta get going - big time.

I'll be checking in here for your updates, ideas, recipes, and encouragement. So glad there is a place for us to get together. I have IP on FB too, but it's not like it used to be. And now that I'm a "rebooter" I need encouragement from people like me!!
Welcome back Becky - getting started is the first major hurdle - pick a time, do it, and don't look back. I was in that space 2 weeks ago - now I go to bed each night without guilt, knowing I just need to stay on program and results wil follow.

You can do this!
Old 10-01-2016, 01:09 PM   #424  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi All!

I haven't posted in a week or so...been really busy.

But I'm still here and still going strong. It's a slow go, but I'm sticking to it. It's been about 6 weeks and I've lost 17 pounds. I hope to take the remaining 3 off in the next 2 weeks and I'll be down 20! Then onward.

The good news is that my clothes are fitting better and I can get into (almost, anyhow) some of the nice "median" clothes that I bought when I was losing last time. It'll be a little while before I can wear by XS sizes, but it's all going well and on the right track.

I started a new business (Teaching Music Together Classes for very young children ages birth-4 years) and that took a lot of energy to get it off the ground. It also gave me a focus of my energy. Once the classes began (the demos were this week and classes start next week) I realized how much exercise I get teaching this! Up and down and up and down from the floor! That alone should bring the scale down!

Anyway, there were several days that I forgot to eat my meals or didn't have time to think about food. I stayed OP, but sometimes just had a couple of eggs for my protein. The point here is: if we can keep busy and focused on things in our life other than food, we can enjoy life! For me, ayway.

Love to you all! Welcome back Becky! You can do this!

Hi to saralee, oneuh and Liana!
Old 10-01-2016, 03:23 PM   #425  

S/C/G: 163/151/139

Height: 5'7"

Default Hi rebooting friends!

I lost 30 pounds in 2011 and found the program very easy to follow. I phased off and followed the program for a while but in the five years have crept up. It didn't bother me much but I'm wanting to get back on track. At that time I went to 133 but I have set a different goal of 143 now that I'm in my 50s.

It's funny to me to see people who say "hey the program doesn't work, you gained weight" - if I hadn't lost that weight in 2011 I'd be 50 or 60 pounds overweight instead of 20

I'm looking forward to sharing this journey with you all!
Old 10-02-2016, 08:46 PM   #426  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCGirl View Post
I lost 30 pounds in 2011 and found the program very easy to follow. I phased off and followed the program for a while but in the five years have crept up. It didn't bother me much but I'm wanting to get back on track. At that time I went to 133 but I have set a different goal of 143 now that I'm in my 50s.

It's funny to me to see people who say "hey the program doesn't work, you gained weight" - if I hadn't lost that weight in 2011 I'd be 50 or 60 pounds overweight instead of 20

I'm looking forward to sharing this journey with you all!
Welcome back BCGirl!
Good for you for coming back to the program that helped you succeed in the first place! No question that it gets the weight off, and there is no question that keeping it off is no small challenge. It's a lifetime issue that each person has to find their own approach to deal with successfully.

The boards here on 3FC are not as booming today as they were a couple years ago, but there are some regulars who continue to check in, and there is no shortage of good info on the program itself, recipes, and tips.

I'll be looking for you as I come by while on my own reboot journey, and I'll be looking for fellow rebooters!
cheryl
Old 10-03-2016, 05:51 PM   #427  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by saralee101 View Post
Liana and Onehu2 - thank you for your kind words.

I'm weighing in about 30 minutes, and I am keeping my fingers crossed that my renewed dedication will show some progress on the coach's scale.

On another note --- I'm thinking about going on the athletic protocol for a for the next 6 weeks. We've decided to head to Ireland for Thanksgiving! So, I'm going to need to start working out.

Has anyone had any experience with the athletic protocol? Any stalls to expect?
Hi saralee: I did the athletic/diabetic protocol and was very pleased with the results. I actually needed more food to feel well and to lose properly.
Old 10-05-2016, 10:02 PM   #428  
oneuh2

How's it going for the rebooters? I am down just over 11 lbs after 3 weeks on my alternative low carb regimen (diet to go). I am feeling much better than I did 3 weeks ago, with less joint pain and stiffness, and cravings seem to be abated.

It is such a relief to see the numbers heading down instead of continuing to go up as they did all summer when I was on non stop binge.

How's everyone else doing?
Old 10-07-2016, 11:28 AM   #429  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi Cheryl and Joy and Becky and the rest of the crew! Doing OK here.... doing a bit of Keto investigation mainly to help my parents who are on low dose diabetes meds and battling weight gain and dementia. I'm sharing my MCT oil with them (just bought some this week) as it has had some pretty amazing results in feeding brain cells when the glucose pathways are broken. I'm also hoping to maybe get them onto intermittent fasting a la Dr. Jason Fung to reverse early diabetes https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/ but one thing at a time. I certainly know we will not be able to change Mom's diet over completely as she is at that stage where her food tastes are swinging from one thing to another and of course the last flavour to be lost is sweets. I'm trying to up my fats and lower my protein and do a little intermittent fasting myself. I'm finding it not too bad but it is difficult for me to up my fats without upping my protein because all the stuff I really like has both in it (cheese, bacon, etc). I will just have to bite the bullet and buy more avocado at outrageous prices and really good nuts. I just put in our fresh raw wholesale nut order last week and even with the bulk buy discount I spent just over $500 for 45lbs of nuts. Of course the stuff I want aren't the cheapies.... macadamias, pecans, brazil nuts, walnuts, cashews, almonds. But it is always worth it to me. The shipment will be coming in at the beginning of Nov.

Saralee: another easy way to do IP on a trip is to move to P2 while you are away and just take shake packets or bars for your breakfast and do the two other meals with real food. This works well in a place like Ireland where meals are not much different from N. American food. Doing diabetic/athletic protocol works especially well in places like Asia or Africa where the available food choices are quite different from what you might call the Euro/N. American norm.

How's rebooting going for you guys this week?

Liana
Old 10-07-2016, 12:21 PM   #430  

S/C/G: 163/151/139

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Welcome back BCGirl!
Good for you for coming back to the program that helped you succeed in the first place! No question that it gets the weight off, and there is no question that keeping it off is no small challenge. It's a lifetime issue that each person has to find their own approach to deal with successfully.

The boards here on 3FC are not as booming today as they were a couple years ago, but there are some regulars who continue to check in, and there is no shortage of good info on the program itself, recipes, and tips.

I'll be looking for you as I come by while on my own reboot journey, and I'll be looking for fellow rebooters!
cheryl
Thanks Cheryl, yes it is slower here. I know there are lots of facebook groups but it is generally beginners.

I'm still sitting right around 10-12 pounds lost but looking at this as a longer process.

Any way that I can change my signature? It still has my old stuff and I can't see how to change it
Old 10-09-2016, 01:22 PM   #431  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi All!

Checking in. I'm still holding my own although the loss is very, very slow now. I'm always happy to see the scale go down, and today it went down one more pound.

But I'm going to just stick with it.

All is well with me. Fall is finally coming and the heat is breaking here.

Yes, sometimes when I'm on trips I'll do P2 for the trip and that works just fine. Or I'll take enough bars and RTDs and do that with a salad for lunch. It really depends on my activity level on the trip.

BDGirl, just go into the "User CP" on the top left of the purple menu and then on the left you'll see "Edit Signature" if you want to change that. You can also edit the profile details. I like to keep my weight up to date. Even a loss of one pound helps to motivate me. I change it here and change it on MFP and then I feel like I'm making progress.

Have a great day and a great week, everyone!

Last edited by joysh; 10-09-2016 at 01:22 PM.
Old 10-09-2016, 02:33 PM   #432  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all well. I am going to restart tomorrow and looking forward to getting on track and hoping more people will join in.

Have a great day!
Old 10-09-2016, 05:07 PM   #433  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusblossom View Post
Hi everyone,

Hope you are all well. I am going to restart tomorrow and looking forward to getting on track and hoping more people will join in.

Have a great day!

Welcome back cactusblossom!!
Best of luck with your restart - you can come here to the Rebooters thread for your daily posts, or I think you can see a long daily thread that invites newcomers - either way is good.

The traffic on 3FC seems to have shifted to various FB pages, so there is not as much activity here, but this is still the greatest compendium of good info and advice on making IP work well. And it's easier to search and find that info here.

I began a reboot just over 3 weeks ago- not using IP per se, but largely following the protocol with Diet to Go meals that are net 30 carbs daily. The basic concept is the same, and I add in some items that are considered good alternatives to IP products. So far ok.

I'll be on the lookout for you...
cheryl
Old 10-10-2016, 12:35 PM   #434  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
How low can we go on veggies, gram-wise?.. I'm so tired of cutting up salads & some days just want meat... anybody???..
Thanks!..

That was my last post here, made back on 2-13-2016, & it goes a long way to explaining what happened to me... at that time, I really was getting bored with veggies & decided I needed to change things up a bit... sooooo, I dropped veggies altogether & went to zero carb/high fat... I had been reading about it & thought it might work... well, I guess it did work a little, but not as well as IP protocol... I managed to lose 10 lbs. in 2 months, which isn't anything to sneeze at, but it just wasn't good enough for me... so I'm back again, ready to jump in with both feet... no more wading around in the shallows for me... in my entire life, 67 years, nothing has worked so well for weight loss as IP...

I see I have quite a bit of reading this thread since I left in February, so I'd better get to it... I'm so glad to be back amongst old friends & new ones...

Have a MAHVELOUS Monday...

Hugs...
Old 10-10-2016, 09:46 PM   #435  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
That was my last post here, made back on 2-13-2016, & it goes a long way to explaining what happened to me... at that time, I really was getting bored with veggies & decided I needed to change things up a bit... sooooo, I dropped veggies altogether & went to zero carb/high fat... I had been reading about it & thought it might work... well, I guess it did work a little, but not as well as IP protocol... I managed to lose 10 lbs. in 2 months, which isn't anything to sneeze at, but it just wasn't good enough for me... so I'm back again, ready to jump in with both feet... no more wading around in the shallows for me... in my entire life, 67 years, nothing has worked so well for weight loss as IP...

I see I have quite a bit of reading this thread since I left in February, so I'd better get to it... I'm so glad to be back amongst old friends & new ones...

Have a MAHVELOUS Monday...

Hugs...
I did the same as you for 3 months and only lost 2 pounds. IP works the best for me too which is why I am back on it to lose but will follow keto for maintenance because I believe is truly a lifestyle change vs a diet. Good luck!
Closed Thread