Old 12-22-2015, 02:59 PM   #271  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Height: 5'4"

OBSESSING over food today...
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 03:34 PM   #272  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

smda you're probably still at the hospital, I hope it is all going well. I'm keeping you both in my thought, and hoping for a successful surgery. Will he have to be in the hospital for long?

HIS The potato salad incident, yeah, that's going to happen to a lot of us I think. So, think of it as a learning experience. Isn't a lot of this about learning more about ourselves anyway? For me, maybe not so much the anger reaction, but the inclination to finish it off instead of throwing it out.
OOOOH, I am so envious of your little Gus! I hope he turns out to be your cuddly best friend

mama - glad you enjoyed the pizza and wings...doesn't sound like it hurt much This time of year, I think we all just hope to NOT gain. Back to strict P1 after the holidays!

Beth - interesting that your finding how the carbs are affecting you. I wonder if that's because you've been low carb for a long time?
...about the, um...other thing.... can you both take a few days for your anniversary and just get away somewhere, romantic, quiet. Could do the trick. Might just be busy life, daily stress, this time of year especially.

Linda there is SO MUCH FOOD everywhere right now, no wonder!! And, you are so close to goal, your body is probably ready for more food! When's the next WI for you? I'm thinking...GOAL!!

My weight has been bouncing up and down all week. Down almost a lb a few days ago, but up for the last 2 days ( not much, but ). Still going down overall. I couldn't get to my WI this morning, and probably can't go next Tues, so I think next one will be NYEve. So if I can stay good over Christmas week, it should be a decent loss.
Going to have a kind of chili tonight..ground beef, chayote, tomato. peppers, green onions. Sometimes beef seems to give the scale a nudge for me. Let's hope.
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 07:24 PM   #273  

And to top it off no time for supper so grabbed a crispy square and pre made choc drink ... Hopefully get a green salad when I get home... Thoughts???
Old 12-22-2015, 08:35 PM   #274  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

(((Linda)))
I've done the on-the-run 2 "packages" dinners - you should be fine. I would see how you feel when you get home before diving head first into a bag of salad if you are hungry, sure - if not, I wouldn't worry too much about missing 2C of veggies for a day
The obsessing about food - completely normal imho right now. Keep in mind your body may be telling you something - especially if you are craving healthier things (i.e. If it's screaming for a dozen cookies...yah but an apple or just more food - could be saying "done" - again, jmvho)
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 04:42 AM   #275  

Thank you Beth. I figured it would be like a "boot camp" dinner. When I got home I had a handful of greens with some good seasons dressing and then went to bed. It's good to have the positive reinforcement
smda I hope that everything went well with DH's surgery. Was thinking about you all day.
mama pizza, yummmm. I can't wait for a piece, a good piece, something that will be worth it. Good job.
Blue my next weigh in is January 2. It was supposed to be the 30th, but I switched it to keep it on the Saturday schedule. Your chili sounds delicious.
Well, I hope today is better in terms of food obsession. I was obsessing about my brownie for snack. The cookies on the other side of the office aren't bothering me too much because I continue to ask myself-"are they worth it" and the answer is no. I have cookies at the post office waiting to be picked up from Cookiez (a friends company out in CA, which I am going to have a bit of each one to try) now THOSE-I am obsessing over too-lol- that's why I didn't go pick them up yesterday. Probably a good choice.
Will be interested how the scale treats me in a little while.
TTYL- Happy Wednesday the countdown is truly on!!!

The scale gods were VERY generous this morning...I would guess if I were to weigh in at my clinic this morning, I would be at goal....my home scale said 128.6 which is a pound from yesterday .... so, I'll keep on reminding myself that the crap in the office isn;t worth it, save my "bites" for something that will be and keep on keepin' on.

Last edited by Destony; 12-23-2015 at 05:05 AM. Reason: just weighed myself:
Old 12-23-2015, 08:04 AM   #276  

I was restless all night, got up and turned the TV on for an hour, got a bit sleepy, went back to bed, still couldn't sleep, got up and watched TV for an hour, got sleepy, and finally fell asleep. Slept till 7 tho, which is late-ish for me. Just having my hot water/lemon this morning, and making my to-do list for today. Just a few last minute things to do out, I'll take care of those this morning.
Having some friends in for tea and cookies this afternoon...fortunately I have some Quest bars, and I will bake one for me
BTW, when I was in GNC a few days ago, I was asking about the old formula bars, apparently it's more complicated to change the formulation here in Canada, so quite a few of them are still the old formula and apparently will be for awhile ( in case anyone wants to stock up )

Scale was slightly down again this morning. I might have to stop this morning weighing for a few days, just let it be till Monday. Hard for me to do, it's gotten to be a habit, but this up/down/up/down few oz every day is annoying. I KNOW the overall is still down, but when it's up .2 or .4 from the day before, I start questioning everything, and that's just foolish.

So, did everyone enjoy the first day of winter? .... NOT winter here, almost balmy! OK with me, I'm quite happy to have this till April . In any case, the days are getting longer now, so - can spring be far away??

Have a great day, everyone, don't get too frazzled with all the last minute stuff.

Old 12-23-2015, 09:20 AM   #277  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

Still having modem problems... DH thinks it might be the router. So I'll be typing short posts via my phone.

I'm back to having protein shakes with spinach for breakfast. They're easy to consume after a run, and not too calorie dense. I'm sticking with them until after the holiday food fest is over.

Weather here is gorgeous but rain is predicted for the weekend, so I'm going to run my practice 10k on Christmas morning. The roads should be empty and peaceful.

Y'all are doing great. Keep on keepin' on!
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 10:20 AM   #278  

Linda - Can't wait to be welcoming you to maintenance - probably around February

Blue - ugh - restless nights are the pits.
Canada always leads the way with issues like that...wouldn't be surprised if Quest isn't allowed to switch over to the soluble corn cr@p.
It is nasty and foggy here this morning...and 63 degrees already - yuk. Don't get me wrong, I could do w/o the "polar vortex" doo-doo this year, but seasonal temperatures would be welcome

**CONFESSIONAL**

I completely lose my "golden child" status...I guess typing what I did yesterday was a precursor to it becoming reality

Yesterday was my cross-training day, so did a heavy/sweaty 40 minutes on the elliptical early a.m.
I was eating ok...had OIAJ for breakfast, spinach with 6oz of chicken / dijon dressing for lunch and celery with PB2 for snack...wasn't even hungry & kind of forced the snack. But then I started getting ravenous on the way home! Low blood sugar hungry & I realize now I should have had 1/2 a Quest bar but wanted to wait it out.
Got home and felt like poop so I had a cup of cantaloupe and nibbled on a couple peppers. Dinner was 8oz lean turkey burger with turnip fries - since I had the cantaloupe I counted that as my dinner carb...then it was like the d@mn flood gates opened:
- 1/2c low fat cottage cheese with a pink lady (shoulda known better)
- Detour Simple Bar (NOT worth it...I was already craving the peanut butter and should have just gone and gotten 2T instead of eating this [email protected]y if anyone like these b/c I certainly won't buy them again)
- at least 2 or 3 Tbsp of honey roasted peanut butter...Don't really know b/c I was just sticking a butter knife in and eating it...it made a dent but I didn't eat the whole container either
all within 2 hours last night

I put it ALL into MFP...2,300 k/cal! 700 in snacks

Scale this morning = 149.0

The honey roasted peanut butter is in the trash (I was the only one eating it)

Yes, I know I haven't put on 5 pounds in 4 days - it all that cr@p sitting in my gut - but what a wake-up call

I am not dropping to a P1 / P2 day yet though - going to give my body 36 hours or so to process the carbs and drink a ton of water. Plus, Christmas vacation starts tonight and I'll be able to have low carb breakfasts again Th - Sun.
I had a 'normal' P3 breakfast, with fruit and yogurt, but that is the ONLY fruit and dairy I will eat today!

So, what I believe I am learning:
- lower carb breakfasts seem to be keeping me satiated better through the entire day (need to figure out how to make this happen during the work week)
- fruit seems to be a major trigger, especially apples and probably cantaloupe (solution - stop buying pink lady's and cantaloupe until DH asks)
- The binge-y behavior is hitting between 7 - 10pm...which is when I've always had the worst of the hangries (solution - listen to my cravings...ie, I should have had one of my Combat bars...and then either spread snacks out or if really hungry in the evening, have boiled eggs around for a safe alternative)
Old 12-23-2015, 11:53 AM   #279  

Blue It seems like I have them every night, starting around 3am...I feel your pain, those couple of ounces drive me nutso! I too anazlyze my journal as to what I ate, why did it go up- it's ridiculous I thought about stopping for a couple of days, BUT, like you, it's habit and I also think that it will keep me somewhat in check with my tastes of things. It's too warm here for my liking- it's Christmas it needs to be cold for 3 days- then it can be warm. lol
HIS This morning was the first in months that I haven't had a shake. Had proti bacon cheese flavored omelette. It seemed to hold me longer- that or the extra cup of coffee I had...lol
Beth it would take a helluvalot worse than that to bump you from GC status in my book! Thank you for sharing all of that. It is something to be mindful of for me when I get there. Don't let myself get to that point. I meant to comment on a post from a couple of days ago- I am experiencing very similar at home. I admit, I fall asleep in the chair pretty quickly, but I am up at 430, as he is at 4-but there seems to suddenly (or it seems to me) the "lack of attention" I thought it would be the opposite....I was always the one with the hangup because of how I looked. I don't know, but it's strange.
Today, I am having a hard time eating all of my lunch, I'm sure that will pass...lol. Okay- better get back to work- ☺
Old 12-23-2015, 06:07 PM   #280  

S/C/G: 253.3 / 188.8 /195

Height: 5'5"

Hi all,

Thanks for all the well wishes yesterday. DH surgery went well - but long. Then he took a long time waking up. So long day for both of us yesterday. I worked / spent time with him at the hospital today. The improvement that he made today is great. I think he will come home tomorrow.

I managed to stay on plan yesterday, but boy did I want ice cream / pizza when I left the hospital. Instead came home and had some peppers ( I still could eat veggies as I had only 2 cups plus raw spinach in my shake).

I am very tired today and hungry too. I left hospital for a few hours to start laundry and do some cleaning. I ended up making some egg whites to see if that would help.

Blue - wishing you a good scale move for Christmas

HIS - Good luck on your 10 K.

Destony - wishing you goal for Christmas. I will have to remember the boot camp idea for when I am sooooo close to goal.

Beth - I commend you for taking the time to count and track. One day of higher calories is not the end of your journey, but just a lesson along the way. I appreciate your willingness to share.

Just spending these few minutes to remind myself that I am not alone on this journey has been helpful. Thanks for the motivational boost today.

Sue
smdawheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 05:10 AM   #281  

Sue Glad that the surgery went well. I am hoping that he is home for Christmas for you. Good job with the food choices under such stressful conditions! No, you are not alone~ we will always be here for you!! The bootcamp thing is something I read about and people doind it for a week to jump start the scale. I don't think that really had anything to do witht he scale movement, I think my body has just discovered another fat pocket to rid itself of..Oh darn the luck!!
HIS Wishing you the best of luck tomorrow morning!!! 10K- that's awesome- and tell me again-when did you get in to running?? WOWZERS!!! How is your daughter doing?
Blue Staying off the scale just isn't going to happen for me...lol...I think you'll probably see what I mean-....
Wrapping is finished, stockings are filled- except I have to get DBF's stuff- how the he** did I forget his?? OY! I am hopeful it continues to rain this morning so the guys won't work - the life of a landscaper....then he'll cut his upper mgmt people loose earlier-there's only 4 of us-but he can be a huge control freak and likes to play "god" and mess with people- don't get me started. So- last night, I tried a bit of each of the different varieties of cookies that I got in that mail order-4 different types and then had DBF fall on the sword and finish the rest of each. They were good- but not OMG gotta eat the whole thing. I will drink a ton and a half of water (which I normally do anyways) and the scale was cool down another .2 . Tonight I may have a bite of pie or taste of ice cream at my sisters house. If I do, I do, If I don't, I don't. Tomorrow I will probably have a taste of sharp cheddar, there'll be nothing else - maybe a craxker- but they are Carr's table water ones- which are about the only acceptable when you read the package (P4 - I mean) Okay, time to start my day-
If I don't get back on to here- I wish you all a very blessed holiday!!! Merry Merry!!! ♥
Old 12-24-2015, 07:11 AM   #282  

Sue So good to hear the surgery went well, and I hope he's well enough to be home today, and of course that he feels good tomorrow so you can all have a happy Christmas!

So I didn't weight myself this morning. Not going to till Monday. Well, that's the plan anyway Keeping my fingers crossed that the number then will be good; my next official WI won't be till Thursday.
Yesterday was a good food day, I had friends come by in the afternoon, they all had cookies (an some of my peanut brittle leftovers), and I had half a baked Quest bar Salad with veggies for lunch, another big salad with turkey breast (leftover we grilled a few days ago) and eggs and veggies. So a good food day. Today DS is coming home for Christmas, so I'll try the Crockpot Pork tenderloin (Janeva's recipe) and add some rutabaga and turnips, with some steamed broccoli and maybe a salad.
Tomorrow, we're all over to SIL for Christmas dinner, my turn to bring appetizers this year, so this morning I will make what can be done ahead
DH is calling, he's taking me out for coffee, then a quick stop at the grocery store to get a few last minute things. Better get going!

Probably won't be on here again till after the big day, so to all my good friends, have a wonderful, happy, healthy Christmas
And I hope Santa is very good to you all!!

Old 12-24-2015, 06:40 PM   #283  

Let the P4 Christmas festivities begin!!!

Blue - I wish I had your resolve...I know I'll be on the scale all weekend. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas

Sue - So glad DH's surgery went well and you were able to stay protocol. Hope Christmas is restful and you both can recover

Linda - I almost dove into the cheese and crackers today - I am planning to nibble on a couple tomorrow...and definitely not P4 compliant crackers - we love our Triscuits

**Warning - there is almost NOTHING P1-related below, so if you are craving or having a tough day, please bypass reading the rest of this post

I haven't made my peanut butter blossom cookies since last Christmas and I willingly stand up and say I ate a warm one fresh from the oven with a cup of cashew milk! Without an ounce of guilt - THOSE will always be worth the calories I'm not sure I could have resisted if I'd still been P1...

Otherwise today has been fine...a few licks, bites, and taste-tests...had to make sure the sweet potato casserole was done and the apple spice cake I made for DH tasted right (which turned out amazing imho). Also did Christmas cookies for Santa and licked the icing off my fingers instead of treating it like nuclear waste

The most awesome thing...I am now craving and eating some cucumbers and cauliflower

My tummy is in a bit of a snit right now - not sure its sugar...that beer I had last weekend was pretty sweet...but I've probably had more high-fructose corn syrup (from the icing) today than I've had in a year. I generally try to buy products w/o HFCS but...yah...it's Christmas and I make these things once a year

I also ended up doing 2 work outs - got up at 6:30 to run but it was pouring so I did 40 minutes of weights...then it cleared around noon so I went out and did 5 miles. It was SO flippin humid and warm...75 degrees with 88% humidity! I looked like I'd been running in the rain by the time I was done...and my legs felt like lead - no personal bests today but definitely earned my cookie

A very Merry Christmas Eve to all!

Last edited by hysteria_625; 12-24-2015 at 06:51 PM.
Old 12-25-2015, 06:55 AM   #284  

Merry Christmas everyone!
Confessional time....yeah - (but I kinda knew -no I planned on inulging) Wednesday night was the bites of the different cookies, last night I bitie of the different cookies a friend dropped off. Dinner completely IP compliant- grilled chicken and cauliflower. Then a taste of pecan pie and Ice cream, a taste of apple pie and ice cream (both fairly small) and then a small bowl of chocolate trifle. I know that the majority of today will be ok, and dinner will be prime rib and mashed cauliflower. I may or may not have a nibble of this and that for desert. I would imagine that I have probably knocked myself out of ketosis after last night- part of me felt as though it was worth it, the scale was up .4 oz so the other part of me felt completely the opposite- Interesting feeling last night as I was eating the crap- i felt as though I was beginning my normal self sabotage. Some interesting psycology going on here certainly. Long tiring day ahead-ready to get back to normal. I hope that everyone has a wonderful day today!!!!! Merry Christmas one and all!!!:w reath:
Old 12-25-2015, 02:54 PM   #285  

S/C/G: 253.3 / 188.8 /195

Height: 5'5"

Merry Christmas to everyone.

DH wanted to stay home today so no temptations from being around food at other peoples houses. My family Christmas is tomorrow. Our tradition is home made pizza and shrimp. I have gone back and forth as to doing an IP pizza maybe with soy cheese. I looked at the stuff in the grocery store and decided if I could not have the real thing I was going to pass. I am thinking of making Janeva's Pizza casserole now (tried the naked burrito for Christmas Eve and my husband asked if it had cheese in it.)

I am making a pork tenderloin crock pot recipe from the cook book for supper this evening. I think I will try some roasted radishes as a side. I am spending the rest of the day cleaning my kitchen.

I put on a dress this morning with panty hose for church. The NSV was I did not need to unzip the dress to put it on. (The last time I tried this dress on it was the deep breath, pull shoulders back so your hubby can zip experience ). I also pulled out my size 12 dress coat and while it is snug I was able to button all the buttons. I know I could not wear this coat last Christmas.

I decided to start taking weekly pictures because I can not see the changes my self. I can feel the changes with my hands and how my cloths fit -- but to me I look the same.

Good luck and wishes to all of you today.

Sue
smdawheel is offline   Reply With Quote