Old 12-19-2015, 09:46 AM   #256  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinlrg View Post
How about yoga for exercise? I discovered hot yoga 6 weeks ago and love, love, love it.
I'm now in my 2nd week of p3. I had changed my goal from 140 to 145 because I was happy there and have since lost 5 more in P2/P3. So I hit my original goal at my weigh in last Saturday. Yay!!!
So happy for you! What a nice bonus too that you hit your original goal
I've never tried yoga, I've thought I might give it a try in Jan; haven't heard of any hot yoga classes around here, but I'll see what's available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalaya View Post
Lately i've been really into videos from blogilates - the instructor is so happy and personable that she really makes all of her routines enjoyable. Best thing: everything is FREE! She makes monthly workout calendars all planned out already! There are also a few 'challenges' as a way to start things off.

I was slacking on the exercise bit while I was sick. Now i'm better and have been trying to get into the routine again. On my last official WI day (saturdays) I was down 2.4lbs, which is great! Still slightly disappointed since I hadn't lost anything the week prior. We'll have to see what this Saturday holds.
Congrats on the loss!
Thanks for the tip on blogilates. I googled it and looks interesting. I'd rather do something at home than go to a gym (done that so many times, I always start gung-ho, and then ...well, you know the story )
So, there were a lot of links, and not sure where these videos are, can you share a link?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destony View Post

edit @ 6:45AM-W/I today....will be interesting- on my home scale I have lost 2 lbs since Sunday....129.6 this morning...!!! Can you say *cheshire cat grinning"??? I haven't seen 120's since before I got pregnant with my son 31 years ago!! *woot woot*

BELOW GOAL!!!! Even if it's your home scale!! WOW, that must have felt phenomenal!!! The official one will be great too, can't wait to hear!

We've been away for 2 days, got back last night. Busy couple of days. Annual Christmas party, our friends have been hosting this for more than 25 years, all people who worked for DH's company from the early days, we aren't able to get there every year, but look forward to going when we can! They invite probably a hundred people, usually about 40 or 50 show up, but different each year... we're all scattered around so much now. So there are always some people we haven't seen for years, so much fun to get caught up with them all. And she has all these amazing nibblies, good for me I resisted everything except a couple of her (delicious!!) meatballs not strictly OP, but...well... just 2 ... and a couple of shrimp.
We took DS out for dinner, an early B/D dinner, I had salad, prime rib and veggies. I have to ask him every year how old he is, this year he says 29, and I said, that's a good number, can I be 49?? Of course, his lie would work, mine...not so much
Yesterday morning we stopped by some friends for coffee, they sold their house and moved into a condo last year. Really nice place, they love it! She loves to cook, so she brought out some bread pudding and cream (already plated up) and I didn't want to offend..but dear, sweet, DH, ate his and then said, Oh I'd better have hers too, take temptation out of her way
Then lunch with SIL, we weren't sure if she'd be able to get here for Christmas (she thinks she can, which will be nice). I stayed good, small piece of salmon and good veggies,
So the food part was pretty good, Except for the muffins
I made some muffins ( to have for breakfast) - made them with Quest banana + Proti-thin oatmeal. Not sure what went wrong, but SO DRY. had to have them for breakfast, but needed a mouthful of coffee with each bite! (I used 2 egg white/ 2 tsp oil/ 2 T or so of water 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp xanthan gum, baked 385, 20 min. Should have worked, right?)

Anyway, nothing too much on my plate today, wrap some presents, finish my cards and get them mailed. I still have a bit of shopping, but not on the weekend, it's a zoo, so Monday morning for that, I think.
There are just a few small snowflakes coming down this morning, but I don't think they'll be lasting. Sure doesn't look like December!

Oh, and I almost forgot, I weighed myself this morning, and home scale shows 1lb less that when we left Thurs morning Hope it's real!!

Have a good weekend, all!
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 01:38 PM   #257  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

Blue, I never had much luck baking with Quest unless I added an oatmeal packet to it. So I'm no help with your muffin problem.

Linda, go you! I'm so excited that you have P2 on the horizon! I'm looking forward to all of us 2015 starters being in maintenance in 2016.

mama, yay on the 14s! Moving to a new size is always so fun and motivating.

Beth, hope your daughter is on the mend. There seem to be a few nasty bugs going around. My house has avoided them so far.

Because of the weight increase, I snuck in an extra run yesterday. But then I went to lunch with one daughter at a sandwich cafe I'd never been to. I tried to make good choices: a small bowl of Frito pie (basically chili with a few Fritos and cheese), and a scoop of chicken salad. Then we took the other daughter for her birthday dinner to the Cajun place, and I had half a cup of gumbo (I mostly ate the broth, none of the sausage or rice), and a salad made with greens, goat cheese, and a vinaigrette dressing. But I also had banana creme pie for dessert. It was a planned indulgence, but that's the last of those for a while. I want to get my weight back down to 155, where I feel more comfortable. (Still hovering around 159.)

I've been thinking that after the holidays, I might try to get down to 150, simply to make running a bit easier. I guess I'll see how things go, diet-wise, over the next couple of weeks. I don't want to get into ketosis again, so it will depend on whether I can lose the weight just doing P3.

Today's long run went much better than last Saturday's, despite some hard headwinds, and I felt good enough at the halfway point to tack on an extra half mile for a total of 5.6 miles. I'll run 10K next Saturday or the week after, just to make sure I'm comfortable with that distance before the race in mid-January.
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 06:50 AM   #258  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Height: 5'4"

W/I yesterday morning.....2.6 more gone!!! 2.4 to goal! Wowee!!!!! Of course its that time of the year where we are here there and everywhere so my eating will be a bit askew. I am trying to be conscientious -yesterday lunch with my SIL and MIL , we went to a local pub that they said I would be able to have salad- well, even the salads were tough - I ended up with a romaine salad with some chicken- not what I had hoped but pretty much on point. Of course later in the afternoon I couldn't figure out why I was so hungry- veggies...and I almost forgot to have them at dinner too, which was a cobb salad sans avacado, dressing and cheese, and had chicken on it. I discussed with Meghan (my IP coach) that I would probably have tastes here and there -I weigh in again in 2 weeks, so she said just be mindful and don't go overboard - try not to knock yourself out of ketosis. My wants: a piece of sharp cheddar cheese, a taste of pecan pie, a bite of various cookies, prime rib and yorkshire pudding with au jus. I cook dinner on Christmas, so I am going to make all the usual cast of characters-Prime rib, yorkshire pudding, au jus, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, creamed onions -this year joining the mix will be caulifauxtatoes for me. The hors doeurves will be shrimp cocktail, cape cod potato chips, sharp cheddar and a monterey jack, carrs table water crackers and a couple of the "soup mix" dips. I'll look forward to a cracker and a piece of cheese. DBF can't understand why I'm not doing more- I usually have chips and salsa, proscioutto wrapped asparagas with a balsamic drizzle, and a few other things-#1-thats just ridiculous-we dont eat it all and then no one is super hungry for dinner, #2 I dont want a shizzle-ton of leftovers-be it snacky stuff or dinner. Desserts-we'll end up with too many of them too- I'll try to send some on home with people but...This will be my first Christmas without DS....he will be going to his in laws and then to his dads. It will be different and maybe that has something to do with my lackluster enthusiasm. Decorating, shopping, everything - it's just a gigantic chore this year- I used to LOVE it all-this year-not so much. I'm already ready for January.
Thank you for the props. This morning, 130.2 but that is perfectly fine lol. Right now I'll try to just stay in my range for the week and then I have the week after to be really good before weigh in. I think one of the things that continued to give me the .4's and .2's was the fact I was using way more WF products than normal. Not exceeding the servings but having them every day-that might have had an impact.
blue anytime I make anything with the quest, they tend to be on the dry side. Sorry i can't be of more help.
his You are inspiring me to get back on to the C25K wagon. I guess that's another reason I am looking forward to January. I bought some cute stuff yesterday -leggings and stuff just for that reason. Is it wrong that I think I bought more for myself Christmas shopping than I did for anyone else?
Oh, when I was CHristmas shoping yesterday, I think I was doing it wrong...lol-Old Navy and Kohl's-ummm yeah-walked out of both places with nothing for anyone else but me...oh, wait- I did get a pair of pajamas for my niece in Kohls. I bought (though I will probably have to bring back after I try them on...I really need to get in to the habit of trying things on before I buy them) a pair of size 8 Levis and Lee jeans. We'll see how those fit. My 10's that I just bought back at the end of October just hang off of me. Got a sport bra in old navy for a buck eighty seven...-now thats a deal. I have to finish up my immediate shopping. Some people I can do after the holiday because we don't see them until Februaryish. At least I can do the sales.
It sounds like everyone is being mindful of what they are eating and doing the best they can wth the choices presented. I hope everyone has a great Sunday- I'm going to do my damndest to finish decorating, get some wrapping done, a bit of cleeaning and some organizing all the while DBF is baking more peaut butter blossoms....I hope I don't get the hershey kiss detail......I think unwrapping one big bag last week was enough-haha
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 11:36 AM   #259  

S/C/G: 187/135/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskiesahead View Post
Congrats on the loss!
Thanks for the tip on blogilates. I googled it and looks interesting. I'd rather do something at home than go to a gym (done that so many times, I always start gung-ho, and then ...well, you know the story )
So, there were a lot of links, and not sure where these videos are, can you share a link?
Blue - Yeah I totally understand about the gym. I used to like to go for group fitness classes, but doing a normal routine in the standard gym setting gets old for me too. That's why I was excited about blogilates! You're doing different stuff every day and it's all planned out for you!

Here's the link to her beginners calendar:
http://www.blogilates.com/blog/2014/...-2-0-for-2015/

Just sign up for her mailing list (free) and you'll be provided with a password each month to access the new workout calendar. They're really cute printable pdf's! Sounds silly, but the calendars are actually a big motivator for me since I like to check things off of a list lol. There's some good recipes that I would like to try out of ph 1 too!

Here's one of the challenges where you can find under '30 day challenges':
http://www.blogilates.com/blog/2015/...ift-challenge/

All of the videos are either on that website or on her youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/blogilates

Destony - Sounds like you've been making really great progress! I've been enticed lately to have little bites of things too - what did you coach recommend in the scenarios including little bites of cookies? lol

HIS - Thank you for the feedback! I think I will try to start adding more fat here and there. I had 1tbs of shredded mozzarella in my salad last night, idk if it helped just yet though. The hunger issue doesn't seem to be leaving. It's really frustrating for example when I mention it to my boyfriend and he's just like, "Well you're on a diet...isn't it normal to feel like that?" He just doesn't get it lol.

Happy Sunday everyone!
Kalaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 05:13 PM   #260  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

HIS - it really sounds like you are keeping your indulgences reasonable & glad you had a good run Saturday thanks for the well-wishes for DD10 - she's getting there...
Linda - SO SO SUPER HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! P2 will be starting before you know it! You got this lady ((hug)) on the first 'empty-nest' Christmas...I finally had a cookie this weekend! A friend baked some homemade chocolate chip and ginger snaps (had 1 of each) and they were worth it!
blue - hmmm...sounds like it should have worked...maybe try 350 next time? I've been doing the Salted Caramel as a mug cake - 1 large egg white, 1/2t baking powder, water - microwaved at 1:20 and it's been remaining very moist - but the salted caramel has a much finer consistency than the peanut butter or vanilla.
lrg - congrats on hitting / exceeding goal!

Happy Sunday everyone!! Been a super busy couple days:
2 concerts, hanging out with friends, eating out more than I have in months! And, my first true indulgence

So, being home last week, I stopped P3 breakfast and had cut back on the carbs in general. The scale was going in the right direction again!

I was able to run 5 miles Friday and that night had a healthy dinner of salmon, with pesto, long grain wild rice, and delicious green beans with pine nuts. I also had 2 cookies

Saturday morning DH joined me for my first 1 hour run...
I ran my FIRST 10K!!!! Total time was 1:05
and I had a new PR mile - 10:07 and all my miles were under 11:00

and when I weighed myself before my shower, I was 144.0
FINALLY broke that plateau! And can officially say I lost 90 pounds!

I think that, more than anything, led to my first true indulgence. We went to a very well-known craft brewery in Richmond - Hardywood - and I got a cup of their Gingerbread Imperial Stout. OMG - it was amazing! Beers like that don't taste like beer...I don't have the words to describe it...BUT, I also did not drink the whole cup - I shared it with 3 other people. So, I had a second glass at dinner (same beer) - and again, shared it with a friend.
All told, I probably drank 12oz of beer - but imperial stouts are FULL of sugar and carbs (which is why they taste so frikking good)...and I paired it with an 8 oz hamburger (fat) with cheese (fat) - but without a bun.

It was a great test though...the 2 half beers were enough...and I'm not craving alcohol today...not even another beer. I am proud of myself for being able to have a drink with a new, refreshing mindset. Not planning on making it a habit though

Scale was up 1.8 this morning - so nice only seeing 145 but I still dialed back to a P2 day just to be sure.

btw - I posted a thread on the main board, but is anyone having issues with the thread posts being too large and having to scroll left / right to read sentences?
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 11:10 PM   #261  

S/C/G: 253.3 / 188.8 /195

Height: 5'5"

Happy Sunday
Blue- Re muffins all the recipes that I have for IP are at 350. So maybe try lower temp. Congrats on doing good with the food during these days.

HIS - Your willpower is amazing. I'm afraid if I had the gumbo in front of me it would have been gone. Congrats on upping your mileage.

Destony - Congrats on your loss. You are so close. Sounds like a fun day shopping. I understand not feeling the desire to decorate, with DH surgery scheduled for Tuesday it really doesn't feel like Christmas.

Kalaya - I will have to check out the blogotes when I get closer to goal. Currently just trying to get to 10,000 steps (which has been difficult)

Beth - congrats on your first 10K and your 90# loss.

Hard weekend for me, I started well with a 1 hour walk on Saturday. Then decided to make caramel corn for my team of 90. Thats a lot of caramel corn so I tried to make a double batch and instead made a big mess. I gave up last night. I restarted today and am 70% done. I just wanted to eat popcorn and caramel corn -- but I resisted.

This afternoon we went to my SIL for my DN 3rd birthday. I had volunteered to bring a veggie tray but was asked to bring a pasta salad instead . I found a recipe that I thought i could duplicate in an IP style (for me). Knowing the menu I did not think that there was going to be anything that I could eat so I packed my IP pasta salad, veggies, sparking water and lemons. When we arrived I realized that I left my bag at home. . Thankfully, I had a bar in my purse. I ate lettuce and cabbage salad with a little lemon juice, a bar and a couple of bottles of water. Once again I found it helpful to move myself to a place in the house without all the food.

I made some IP Chili; but this time I made 4 servings out of 2 packets. This will allow me to still have a 1/2 packet of something else. Like the lemon wafer bars. (not sure if I should get these again because they are soo good).

Wishing you all a safe and happy week ahead.

Sue
smdawheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 08:50 AM   #262  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

HIS - I'm sure you'll get down to 150, but even if not, all the running must be turning fat into muscle. You are doing so great at the running, good luck with 10K!!

Linda - yeah, getting ready for Christmas has it's moments this year. SIL is having Christmas dinner, we all bring something, this year for me it's a salad and appetizers. I always like to bring something new, so I've been looking through recipes... you'd think there's be something besides veggies & dip that I could have! Nope, but that's OK, I plan to have a shake just before we go, and avoid that temptation.

Kalaya - thanks for the blogilates links, I had a quick look, hope it's not over my head... I'm not even going to try till after Christmas, hopefully I'll be able to do at least some of it. I know there's always a lot of stuff in January, all those New Years resolutions , so I may just try out some classes, see what might be a good fit.
I've had a few days lately, hungrier than usual, but not bad...it sounds like it happens a lot for these last 10 lb. I am going to keep that extra fat tip in mind too.

Thanks everyone for the Quest recipe help, I'll try again.
and thanks Beth for the mug cake reminder, I haven't made one for awhile. I've never been a big fan of the baked goods, they're OK, but I like the shakes better. Still, they're a nice change, and I do like the muffins for a portable snack.

Beth - 10K!! You certainly have found your niche with the running, so happy you found something you love to do!
And OMG!!! 90lb!! I know most people would think it's not much different from 89.5 but we all know that number just feels SO GOOD!!

I finally got all my brittle made and packed, today I have to deliver some to friends, some has already been sent off in the mail. A few presents to wrap later today, and a quick trip out this morning to pick up a few things. SIL may be staying with us over Christmas (not sure yet, she usually stays with her other sister) but I have to clean the guest room just in case.

Have a great week everyone!

BTW, yes, this thread is way stretched out for me too (google chrome)
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 09:00 AM   #263  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

smdawheel, you did the best you could with the choices you had. I think all of us have unexpectedly found ourselves in a bind with food, and had to kind of patch together a meal. You really did great, not going off protocol at all!

Beth, I read an article last night about how to boost metabolism, and the #1 thing was eating a hearty breakfast with plenty of protein, carbs, and fat. I'm so confused about breakfasts in maintenance. If I eat 500-600 calories for breakfast, I'm guaranteed to go over my allowed calories by the end of the day. I know, I know - I should have more self-control in the evening....

I'm still at 158/159. Sunday is usually a rest day for me - no exercise - and I try to eat carefully. But yesterday my husband, who has a tendency to be a nag, was on my case about some leftover potato salad in the fridge. I should have thrown it out, but I was so angry at his nagging I went and ate a big bowl of it, just to get rid of it. THEN I read the macros. UGH. I never thought I was an emotional eater, but apparently I lean that way with anger and frustration. I should have just said to him, "If the potato salad is bugging you, take care of it yourself." Of all people, he should understand the weight battle. He's 100 pounds overweight, despite having had stomach bypass surgery a few years ago. But having typed that, I know it's not the lack of support that gets to me, it's the way he harps on something until he gets his way.

Busy day for me - four mile run, then my grand-pug is coming to spend the day. Right after lunch, I'm going to babysit a friend's 3 year old while she goes for a sonogram to find out if her 6th baby is going to be a boy or girl (all 5 of her kids are boys). Then I still have Christmas shopping to do, and some baking for Christmas eve! My new DIL is hosting our Christmas Eve meal, and she asked me to bring a dessert. One of my daughters has celiac disease, so baking always involves making two versions of whatever I make, a regular item and a gluten-free item. I'm opting for brownies this time, and hoping I won't eat one. I made pumpkin muffins yesterday at husband's request, and wasn't at all tempted to try one.

Last edited by HereIStand; 12-21-2015 at 09:10 AM.
Old 12-21-2015, 10:06 AM   #264  

sma - Thanks! and fwiw, I agree with HIS & think you did wonderful this weekend.
Sorry the double batch of caramel corn didn't turn out - btdt with other cooking/baking...so frustrating!

Blue - Runners high...there is nothing to compare it to
I am envious...I am 100% DONE shopping but haven't wrapped a darn thing yet

HIS - Interesting - for one article like that though I could probably find 5 others that poo-poo the necessity for breakfast
and espouse the greatness of intermittent fasting
I wanted to test pulling back on the breakfast carbs for a couple days
but not for the calories - I was still eating about 500 k/cals - I wanted to:
1. See how it effected my running (didn't seem to)
2. See if it would jump start the scale - I was hanging around 147ish and it was making me nervous
3. & knew I was going to be eating out / indulging over the weekend
4. & I was home & able to cook.
On training mornings, I am already getting up at 5am...
I don't believe I could push that back even further to make eggs & bacon.
We have a cafeteria but that gets $$ and they only have turkey sausage (and undercook all the morning meats).
Needless to say, I am back to OIAJ this morning

I didn't like it too much, but survived my P2 day yesterday. The scale rewarded me with a 1/2 # loss.
I had also gotten spoiled with my new bathroom schedule but that seems to have been thrown off by the low-carb experiment
boo! I had cut back on my magnesium, but upped it yesterday / today to help things along.

So happy it's Christmas week and it looks like most of the DMV is off/working from home
It only took 40 minutes to drive in - this was after allowing myself to sleep in a little (5:45), do my 5 miles (all right around 10:30 miles),
take a nice, hot shower and get myself together.
Unfortunately this may have been my only outdoor run as it is looking like a LOT of rain this week -
& WARM! 75 degrees Christmas Eve & 70 degrees on Christmas Day.
Idk how I feel about that - my first inclination though is YUCK! It would be one thing if it was warm and dry
kids could go out and play - but warm and wet - blurgh! We will probably have the darn A/C on Christmas Day!!!!

Jenny / Ro / Frawnie - hope everyone is doing ok and gets a chance to check in this week

Last edited by hysteria_625; 12-21-2015 at 10:11 AM.
Old 12-21-2015, 12:00 PM   #265  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

So, I had this enormous post all typed bu this morning and ....accidentally hit escape...THAT was not the way I wanted to start my Monday- so here's hoping for better luck and I hope I remember to mention everything from this morning...
Beth Again, 90 that's wonderful news!! Congratulations!!! So happy for you. A 10K// You go girl. Inspiration to get this C25K back on track!! and thank you- yeah- I'm THAT close....whew- what a ride ☺ and yes, I am having the screen issue as well. The beer sounds like it was yummy! Back in the day I used to love Pete's Wicked Strawberry Blonde- that was before the craft beers were really big. Sounds like we are going to have similar weather, but more towards 60ish on the thermometer. I have started wrapping, but so much more to wrap and still shopping to do. Arrgh.
Kalaya Thanks for the links- I'm going to check it out too. My coach, she knows me very well from this. She knows how focused I get with this. My little bites are just that- seriously teeny nibbles for just the taste. At my sons wedding back in August, I had 2 bites of the wedding cake-that was it. I seem to be able to do that- BUT I have to prepare myself for it and not just wing it. THAT is where I ran in to a problem once. She doesn't encourage it, but she reminded me to be mindful IF I do decide to have anything. Don't go overboard and pay attention to everything. Log everything. (I explained it much better at 5AM this morning-now I'm just hurrying because I am at work) I may not have anything and just have bragging rights- lol
SMDA Sounds like you did great with the food and sorry about the popcorn. I am so stressed right now, I almost wish I just ...well, I'm not going there...lol
HIS Sorry about the potato salad. Good luck with the brownies and you are awesome to make 2 batches. Hope that you enjoyed your run.
I did the prime rib test run last night- I have the irrational fear that I am going to forget how to cook it...and it came out awesome. Yes, I did eat it- probably over teh 8 oz, but I cut away as much fat as I could and enjoyed every ever loving morsel of it. I had steamed summer squash and later in the evening it was all I could do to eat my crispy square. I'm drinking a ton of water today- not that I dont everyday- Scale this morning was again 129.8, so I feel good about that, especially with the amount of salt on the rib last night....did I mention how good it was??? lol. Alrighty, I need to get back to work- Have a great Monday one and all!!! Cheers to all the stresses/ors
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 04:08 PM   #266  

Kalaya I checked out the blogilates links and I'm definitely going to be using them. Thank you!

Beth congratulations on the 90lbs! What an accomplishment!

Destony I'm jealous of your prime rib. I LOVE steak and I LOVE prime rib. I don't have it very often, but when I do, I completely savor it!

The holiday's have officially started here. My niece gets into town today and she have a favorite pizza place (local to here only) she loves to eat at. We'll be going there for supper. I told myself I could indulge during Christmas as long as I get back on track. Now that it's here I'm nervous. Their pizza if very thin crust and mostly topping (I prefer lots of meat and veggies on mine). I'm hoping that's in my favor. Portion control will be major!! Meals for the rest of the holiday week sound like they will be fairly OP, so I'm hoping this is my only indulgence. I don't want to over do it. I expect not to lose, but I would prefer not to gain! I never want to see 200+ AGAIN!

Hope everyone has a great day!
mamacitaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 07:43 AM   #267  

S/C/G: 253.3 / 188.8 /195

Height: 5'5"

DH surgery is today. Scheduled for 11 am and could take about 5 hours. My mom is coming to the hospital to support me. Since I also work at the hospital sometimes it is easier to go back to work (catch up on e-mails etc) than sit and wait. Could use extra thoughts and prayers for my husband and for my willpower (with the extra stress). I think I will start off with a walk this morning seeing we don't need to get there till 9 am.

We are currently making crock pot chicken stock. House smells great. I decided to make it when I was trying to buy some this weekend and noticed that everything contained carrots or cane sugar (despite low calories). To make it we baked a chicken (so I have protein for tonight's supper) added celery, turnips and radish, onion powder and bay leaves. I will freeze when I have it done.
smdawheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 09:48 AM   #268  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

smda, I hope it all goes well with the surgery. Five hours is a long time to wait. Fortunately, a lot of of hospitals now have computer systems that keep you updated on the location of the patient - pre-op, surgery, recovery, etc. My husband was in a big motorcycle wreck 12 years ago, and I've done my fair share of sitting in surgery waiting rooms since then. I think his longest surgery was 10.5 hours. I'm sure you've already thought of this, but take plenty of snacks and reading material.

mama - pizza!! I read an article yesterday that said pizza is the #1 food that dieters feel they overindulge on. I still haven't had any since starting the protocol, even now in maintenance.

Beth, if you don't already, you should follow Runner's World and Women's Running magazine on FB. They link to some interesting research articles about diet and exercise. Of course, you obviously have to do what works for YOU. Although most nutritionists recommend peanut butter on toast as a good pre-run snack, I've learned I cannot have p.b. (real, high fat pb) within 12 hours of a run. It hyper stimulates my bowels - not a good problem to have when you're 3 miles from home!!!

I didn't get to finish my shopping yesterday, so I'll be heading out later today. I hope I can find a place to park. I love Christmas, but gift giving has gotten so much more challenging in recent years. My parents and in-laws have everything they need and don't go out much, and my grown kids need big, $$$ stuff like cars and computers and appliances.

Oh, my husband gave me my present early: a 12-week old black kitten. I named him Gus. Three years ago, we got Missy, our tiger cat, to be a mouser, and she's excellent at the job - but she hates everyone. So last year, we adopted a friendly stray, Annie, hoping she would be my lap cat, but she attached herself to my husband and won't have anything to do with me. So now there's Gus. So far, he seems to like me. We also have two dogs, a wonderful boxer named Tyson and a doberman, Rosie, who's a moron. So now we have a houseful of pets instead of kids.

Hope you're all having a wonderful holiday week and enjoying time with family.
Old 12-22-2015, 12:44 PM   #269  

Healing thoughts to your husband sma - I am sure everything will go fine...and on my P1 journey, I used our local Wegman's organic stock which thankfully didn't contain anything but chicken broth. Healthier to make your own regardless

mama - thanks I really hope everything works out with the planned off-plan meal(s). Personally, I couldn't do it - I am an abstainer and fairly Type-A personalty...keep in mind you will probably be knocked out of ketosis and won't feel very well - its temporary though.

Linda - yay & thanks That prime rib sounds delectable! Glad the scale is holding steady - can't wait to hear what official WI is! I am always amazed at your willpower & ability to nibble...I am trying and so far the fear of gaining has kept me from any major nose-dives into things I shouldn't do - I worry b/c I know a day will come, either from stress or life, where my mind is just going to say "***k it" and I worry it comes with my spoon stuck in the jar of honey roasted peanut butter, or worse, the fridge overflowing with beer downstairs...

HIS - Not trying to make accusations...but do you think part of the potato salad issue Sunday was DH feeling scared / jealous b/c of your accomplishments & weight loss?
ETA - awwwww a new baby - enjoy! And yes, I follow both WRW & RW on FB. My diet experiment was more to see if I could kick start the scale again...I really have not been a huge carb eater for years. I find it very interesting that foregoing the OIAJ and granola last week really did seem to help on the scale. I ate an OIAJ for breakfast yesterday and the scale was back up to 147 this morning. I'd already made one for breakfast this morning so I ate it, but am going to stay low carb the rest of the day. I really don't think me and high carb are going to do well together...or its going to have to be staggered. It could also be the dairy. Trial and error right now...

I've been having my own issues / thoughts recently about my DH...It's our 20th anniversary in February and we've been together for 23 years - over 1/2 my life now...he is 47 and I am 39...since I lost the weight I've noticed a lack of...um private interest he got with me when I was in the 170's and I was almost always overweight / obese. I've joked with him he doesn't find me as attractive skinny.
I also keep in mind we've both been really busy with work / life and running - the last of which now usually has me in bed and asleep by 9:30 since I am getting up at 5am...but even prior to the running, I'd noticed things slacking off.
I know nothing funny is going on...I worry about his overall health from time to time (Viagra?)...and he went through a pretty nasty funk from Thanksgiving to just recently (his moods cycle...I've wondered about bi-polar with him but he never goes the extremes). He also has to be up at 4:45a 75% of the time to get to work...d@mn getting older
But, for all that, we've always had a really good intimate life...and I thought losing the weight would make it even better...
We'll see - maybe once the holidays are over & we get some extra down time...

Good news - the Combat bars I ordered a MONTH ago have finally shipped!!! I am down to my last 2 cinnamon twists so that email made my day I found out from the manager at the Vitamin Shoppe I go to that the Cinnamon Twist is currently on back order and Combat has informed retailers to not expect new shipments until late January - so if you like them and find them, hoard them!!!!
I got lucky and was able to grab DH a box of Cookies and Creme for a stocking stuffer. I refuse to buy Quest anymore unless I find old formula.

1.5 days left of the work week...3 days until Christmas!!! Where did this year go???

This weather is absolutely nutty though. Almost 80 now for Christmas Eve - local weather-folk are hyping the fact these are going to be 'record shattering' high temps for December - and sadly I will have to be on the treadmill tomorrow morning b/c of rain...but I guess I will do my first shorts and t-shirt run outside on the 24th

Hope everyone is enjoying the craziness leading up to the Holiday

Last edited by hysteria_625; 12-22-2015 at 12:54 PM.
Old 12-22-2015, 12:48 PM   #270  

smda praying everything goes well with surgery today.

Pizza was delish! I don't feel I overindulged. They had wings there also, so I skipped having more pizza and had some wings instead. I should've probably had just wings instead of the pizza, but it was a nice treat.

Official weigh in day for me and the scale didn't move. I anticipated as much with having pizza last night. There wasn't a gain, so that's good. I seem to have a pattern of two weeks of a good weigh in and two weeks of little to nothing. If the pattern continues, then I'll likely not have any loss next week either. Realistically, I don't expect to see one with me allowing off plan items for Christmas meals. I'll still make substitutions to healthier choices(mashed cauli instead of mashed potatoes), but I fully intend on having a slice (albeit, small) of strawberry rhubarb pie...minus the crust.
mamacitaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote