Height: 5'4"

AWESOME!!! Look at you!!!!
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 10:01 AM   #197  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskiesahead View Post
Looks like me and you and Kalaya are all at about the same place right now, don't know about you but I am so looking forward to losing the last of this! But you're right about this time of year, hard to stay OP. We're out for dinner again tomorrow, dinner isn't too hard...the next few weeks are busy, the hardest ones are the events with all the nibblies. So easy to graze mindlessly! I've decided to stay as OP as I can, but not to expect too much as far as weight loss goes.
Thanks! Yeah, I am really hoping to maintain these next few weeks within a couple pounds of where I am right now. I have 2 lunches out this week, 1 dinner, then we are going away for a long weekend from Sat-Tues, then when I come back, I have 2 more lunches out, another dinner out and then I travel for Christmas.

It's insanity. I am still trying to figure out if I may just phase to P3 for the next month since there is just so much going on and I don't want to be going in and out of ketosis. I don't know. I am still mulling things over. I KNOW for sure that I will be right back on P1 in Jan. but with everything going on for the next 3 weeks...
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 10:04 AM   #198  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

You look fantastic HIS!!!! Your son is very handsome too Thank you for sharing - hope we see a wedding picture or two

ETA - Jenny - my $0.02 would be to go P3. We all know its not dangerous to be fluxing in / out of ketosis but I've read opinions / articles that say it becomes less effective over time. Sounds like you have a boat-load going on

So a couple of you saw my FB post yesterday - boy is that just the truth though. I had no idea how horrible I was really feeling those last 4 - 6 weeks until now. Regular BM's??? Whodathunk that would be one of the greatest things in my life right now. I've really had to cut back on the Natural Calm - and I know exercising regularly again is also helping.

I found a new P1 friendly, easy crock pot dish, great for work week lunches:

2.5# pork tenderloin
1 extra large rutabaga or 2 medium (P1 need to watch to not go over the 4 cups)
2 chayote squash
Janeva's melt-in-your-mouth pork sauce (modified for extra meat / veggie):
1/2c soy sauce (I use Braggs Amino)
2T dijon mustard
2T olive oil
6T WF pancake syrup
2T (heaping) minced onions
2t onion powder
2t (heaping) garlic powder

mix all the spices / mustard / soy / oil together in a bowl - set aside

Microwave the rutabaga, depending on size, for 8 - 10 minutes - let cool and cube (1/2 - 1 inch)
peel and cube chayote
place veggies in the bottom of the crock pot, place pork loin on top and pour in sauce
cook on low 5 hours / until pork is done

This is very similar to the crock pot recipe oneuh posted a while back. Had my first helping yesterday at lunch - so easy to prepare and the dijon adds a smoky flavor to the rutabaga that is just wonderful

I will have my first real P4 test this coming Saturday where I have to decide if I want to have my first indulgence meal or not. This had been part of the plan when I phased off, but now, idk. I've made a conscious decision to avoid alcohol at least until after the half marathon (part of the entrance fee is a beer at the end of race I'll probably need the carbs after at least 2.5 hours of running!)...I had promised a friend we would have a gingerbread beer together but I know she'll understand - she's a runner too

Scale ticked up a bit more this morning - 146.6

but the new size 6 Calvin Kline's I picked up over the weekend fit perfectly
the Banana Republic 8's I have are now officially too large / need a belt

Even if the scale is acting stupid, I know my body is still changing...just need to stay the course, keep feeding it well and keep moving!

Last edited by hysteria_625; 12-08-2015 at 10:16 AM.
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 12:41 PM   #199  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria_625 View Post
ETA - Jenny - my $0.02 would be to go P3. We all know its not dangerous to be fluxing in / out of ketosis but I've read opinions / articles that say it becomes less effective over time. Sounds like you have a boat-load going on
Thanks for the advice. It is basically what I was thinking, but wasn't sure if I should / shouldn't pull the trigger. I also thought it would be more mentally taxing too because those first few days of getting into ketosis is tough, and having to do it over and over seems like it would just make me so stressed out.

I do have a lot going on in the next couple of weeks and I would rather not be completely stressed out over being in P1, not being in P1, etc..
Old 12-08-2015, 02:20 PM   #200  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

HIS - you look A-MA-ZING!!! I'm sure your sons were so proud of you.

Beth That pork recipe sounds good! I'm definitely giving it a try.

Great NSV on the CK 6's (and I'm not sure, but I think they run a bit SMALL )

I had my annual checkup today ( everything is good!). but there was a little NSV moment, my doc was checking something, and made a comment, I said is that something to be concerned about, and she said... no, you often see that in THIN PEOPLE LIKE YOU ...

When I was out yesterday, i stopped at HomeGoods, they had a bunch of 0/0/0 Torani syrups (and other brands) so I got some (great buy! most were 3.99) I made a loaf of Janeva's Bananas Foster bread today, I added some hazelnut syrup; I'm just having some with a cup of tea. YUM!!
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 02:58 PM   #201  

Hi everyone! Great NSVs to read about today!

HIS you look amazing!

Scale went down this week. I'm not sure if I attribute it to the few days of boot camp or the lemon water. Either way I'll take it! I'm nervous for weigh in already next week; TOM will factor into that. Small losses make me lose steam. I'm really hoping for wonderland next week, but it may be put off a week. I know I'll get there eventually, I'm just impatient!

NSV for me today as well. My VP commented on the weight I've lost. She said she's been noticing I've been losing and said she really notices it today and to keep up the great work! It's always reassuring to have those NSVs - keeps you motivated!
mamacitaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 06:57 AM   #202  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Beth, congratulations on the size 6!!!! Thats so cool!! What a rockstar you are!!
Mama-glad to see the scale finally moved for you. I am frustrated- but trying not to let it get the better of me- the last 3 weeks .2, .2 & .4 - My coach has me adding 2 oz of lean protein to my lunch. We'll see what happens. Awesome your VP noticed the loss! Such a great feeling no? I had someone tell me yesterday they didn't think I needed to lose weight- they are surprised that I have lost so much weight....really?? lol- smh
Home scale ticked back down a bit 132.8 from 133.6 yesterday.
Blue- how awesome that must have felt for you! My annual is in 2 weeks- I am curious how all my blood work will come out. I have done the pork recipe- it was really good- one comment- make sure that you use low sodium soy sauce- a flip between the 2- even the low sodium makes it taste pretty salty- I don't know if it's the dijon or what- but its good- DBF even eats it. Thanks for the tip about HG- I'll have to stop over there and see what I can find. It seems as though I am bilding up quite the collection of extracts, WF and such- of course then there are the Quest powders I am accumulating- lol
Well, mid week - finally. How is everyone doing with shopping and prep work for the holidays? Our tree is on the deck- needs to come in- haven't figured out where it's going. Haven't wrapped anything, haven't finished shopping, Christmas cards are on the counter staring at me to get done, baking still needs to be done...fa la lalala
Old 12-09-2015, 11:01 AM   #203  

Blue - Fantastic NSV at the doctor & thanks for the confidence booster - these are skinny / curvy ie - part spandex, but not full on jeggings...I think they are 80 denim / 20 spandex...my true denim CK size 6's fit but are still snug and are also too high in the waist for my body type.

mama - getting outside recognition is always nice congrats on the loss!

Linda - lmao - fa,la,la,la,la glad the scale went in the right direction! Good luck with the Christmas decorations!
A note of caution / my personal experience as I've phased off into maintenance. I no longer have a lot of tolerance for the chemical-products. WF maple & strawberry syrups are still tolerable, as are the Quest powders (although I am tasting more stuff in them too as the days pass...)
I think its terrific I am craving more and more real food, but a little sad some open jars of other WF products will be going in the trash. I gagged last night from the taste of the chocolate dip in my first batch of Quest PB powder pudding Just a few weeks ago, that and the caramel (and gods, even the marshmallow) tasted so wonderful...the marshmallow is already at the dump and the caramel / chocolate will be following.

Scale stayed the same this morning - and I keep saying this, but it is beyond time for a decent one...I freaked when I first hopped on this morning and saw +148 ...but I stepped off, back on and saw 146.6 ...then again and got 146.6 twice. I had a similar experience this past Saturday too...probably batteries, but it is just time to invest in a good scale. Just holding off b/c of Christmas shopping...
Old 12-09-2015, 11:29 AM   #204  

Beth - interesting about losing your taste for the various products. This is timely for me, because I've been wondering just how much of the IP, Quest, etc that you (lucky) P4 maintainers expect to be using on an ongoing basis. Maybe something to ask on the maintainers thread, but it's been really quiet over there lately.
I got an order from Nashua last week, so I'm well stocked till the end of the year, and I still buy a few IP at the clinic. I don't want to have a big supply of these products left, once I get there, of course (and yes, I know I have a couple of months to go, but planning ahead, you know )

Incidentally, free shipping at Nashua today (9th) till midnight.

My scale was wonky like that too, even with battery change, I got a new one a few months back. I recall there was some discussion on scales awhile ago, lots of us liked this one; I got mine from Amazon, not too $$$ and it does the BF etc.
http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Preci...at+smart+scale

Linda - glad the scale is moving in the right direction, even though just those small amounts! believe me I know how frustrating those small losses are. My WI is tomorrow, yesterday my scale showed 145.2, this morning 146.0 it's been up/down/up/down like that all week). No idea what the "official" number will be, but probably not much of a loss, if any. Although, I do have to say, we were out to dinner yesterday, I had grilled steak (only ate half) and steamed broccoli/cauliflower). But I had the banana loaf I made from Quest/oatmeal, so maybe that has an effect.

Good luck with the Christmas preps, I'm much more organized this year than usual, not sure why, Usually I'm a last minute chaos kind of personal with holidays. Haven't even started the cards yet, most of them are out of town friends, and I like to take my time to write notes in them.

mama - Love the NSV! . This diet takes a lot of work, it always makes the sun shine on your day when your losses get noticed
Old 12-09-2015, 03:08 PM   #205  

Blue - take my "advice" with a grain of salt
I almost did not do IP because of all the 'fake' stuff in the foods - even the alternate products - and set out to do the program with as much real food as I could. I even started the first couple weeks only eating jicama / cinnamon for snack - no Quest bars or puddings, but my sweet tooth eventually won that battle
In P4 for snack, I have come to enjoy plain greek yogurt with stevia and a little fruit...or celery and peanut butter...or a Combat bar, which while not exactly natural, doesn't have the chemical after taste. I still keep a Quest bar in my purse too.
I think keeping some proti-thin / quest / WF / etc...products around is a necessity though. The 'wow, I can really eat this again' thoughts are already creeping in so I will eventually be needing some quick & easy P1 meals for those after-a-spurge P1 days
I also don't think I liked the dips that much anyway...I just wanted the sweetness...and adding it to some of the mug cakes wasn't horrible - but I never used them for dipping (tried the cauliflower 'popcorn' once - ) and can achieve the same desired taste / texture with the syrups.
Old 12-10-2015, 08:55 AM   #206  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

Blue, thanks for the tip about Home Goods! I bought some syrups last week at Ross, and I'd like to find more flavors.

mama, I'm hoping you'll have a ONEderland woosh this week!

Linda, gosh, you are so close to goal!! Are you nervous about moving to P2?

Jenny, if there's any chance you won't be able to stay firmly in P1 through the holidays, I'd phase off now and then get back on track in January.

Beth, you continue to rock your new lifestyle.

My running program is going well; I've finally reached a point where it's a pleasure and not (much) pain. I'm scheduled to run 5 miles on Saturday and I'm actually excited about it. LOL.

Diet.... having leftover wedding food in the house has been problematic. The scale has been bouncing up as much as +4 pounds over my goal weight. Yesterday I attempted P1 all day and did fine until my usual hangry time in the evening, when I caved and ate wedding cake because my protein gelatin wasn't ready. GRRR. I did give quite a bit of food away, but I think I'll have to just throw out the stuff that's tempting me. I also wasn't keeping up with drinking enough water, and yesterday I got back on track with that, so I wonder if some of the weight gain is just fluid retention.

It's a curious sensation when the scale numbers go up even just two pounds. My clothes still fit, I can still run well, no one else can tell I've gained two pounds. Yet that number convinces me that I'm suddenly FAT again, and I feel big and bloaty and uncomfortable.

Oh, I wanted to comment on maintenance eating. My go-to snack is often celery and PB2. I can have a large-ish serving and not feel like I've gone crazy with fat and carbs. I also have honey roasted almonds or trail mix, but I'm very careful about measuring out the exact portion of those. My other treat is sugar-free jello with a dab of sugar-free Cool Whip on top. Other than an occasional protein bar, I haven't really continued to eat packet foods in maintenance, except for when I need to do a P1/2 day.
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 09:20 AM   #207  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereIStand View Post
Jenny, if there's any chance you won't be able to stay firmly in P1 through the holidays, I'd phase off now and then get back on track in January.
Thanks! This is ultimately what I decided to do. My goal is to stay within a few pounds and start back full blown P1 in Jan.
Old 12-10-2015, 11:49 AM   #208  

HIS - Keep logically in mind, I seriously doubt you ate an extra 12,000 calories from Saturday to Tuesday (?)...but a good P1 day would probably take care of the water you are retaining. Personally, I still haven't even splurged and if I get on the scale and it +147 right now, I feel like a cow so I totally empathize with your feelings!
Any thoughts on low fat cottage cheese? Personally, I always found it repulsive, but also never thought I would be eating brussel sprouts, so have considered giving it a try and doctoring it up like the plain Oikos yogurt I have in the evenings.
Dehydrated peanut butter is awesome Wish I could find almond / cashews (probably can online...) I am down to my last 4 packets of proti-thin pudding so brought some PB2 in for afternoon snack. I know I said I would probably keep some puddings around but don't want to make an order until January.
'Pleasure not pain' - so JEALOUS!!!! I've gone from a left hammy issue (gone) to a right quad / IT band...I took a new route yesterday and it was hilly as h#ll - BOTH quads felt like they had stones in them but the right one hasn't let loose yet
I am trying to be gentle and avoid a real injury, but just curious what your (Jenny too) thoughts are on "pain". My quads were sore this morning, but I got out and did 4.5 (50 min) - being careful to stretch & roll (pre & post), warm up, etc...but mentally thinking about it was worse than just letting go...my 3rd / 4th miles were the best when I finally let myself zone out and wasn't worrying about the muscle.
I mean, of course there is going to be soreness as I train / use my muscles in different ways. I guess I am wondering what the gauge should be for 'push through' vs take a rest.
Sorry - new to this and DH is NO help...he just keeps going although he kindly massaged my aching quads last night (quid-pro-quo I do his calves)

Have cabbage stir-fry to look forward to tonight *yum*! DH won't like me later, but...
Old 12-10-2015, 12:43 PM   #209  

So... a big surprise at my WI this morning. DOWN 2.2lb
Not sure what happened, I've been bouncing up and down a few oz all week, all for the last i don't know how many weeks, it's just been 1 lb or a bit more/less! Never mind, I'll take it! I also haven't been walking much, either out or on the treadmill, but I have been running around town all week, busy time, so my exercise is probably OK. Also, I did 2 days of boot camp last week, then out for dinner (prime rib) on Friday, steak on Tuesday... so maybe the extra beef (and not all that lean, either, you know). or maybe the boot camp kickstarted something. Who knows. My coach said sometimes changing things up can result in a better loss. Called it calorie confusion. I know my meals have become kind of predictable, so she's probably right.

So I changed my siggie -- 12.2 to goal. getting closer!!

My Christmas decorations are all out, and oh the house looks so nice! of course, I had to take some things out (like pillows and things on tables) and they get piled up on the guest room bed. Along with the pile of too big clothes that's taken up permanent residence there! So I took a bunch to a consignment store, didn't get much for them, but oh,so glad to see them gone. Rest are going to the thrift store next time I'm out.

It sounds like you're all finding you don't use packets much on maintenance. So maybe I'll just plan on keeping a few boxes of shakes and some bars around once I get there. Nashua has a 10% on proti-thin this week, and I like their drink/pudding mixes, so I think I'll order enough to get me through the next couple of months, hopefully I'll be done by then
Old 12-10-2015, 03:29 PM   #210  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Blue YAY for you!!!!! That's awesome congratulations!!!! I know how you feel with these pita losses that are so ridiculously small- and I know, I've preached it to others- a loss is a loss- but so durn frustrating!! Love the change in your sig!!! I hope to get some outside stuff done tonight when I get home- the leaves got done today- finally taking a little advantage of working for a landscaper....
Bethlol- I know what you mean- at first on the diet DBF was loving the fact I didn't seem to have any gas- lately....not sure what I have been eating...but.....sorry about the quads- hopefully it won't last long. Peanut butter- mmm I can't wait- though the Quest powder has helped a LOT!
HIS Scared silly about moving along...not so much P2, that seems/feels like it will be pretty easy- though eating 8 oz of protein at lunch too- that might be a little tough...but I will adapt I am sure. I know exactly what you mean about the food- and I had a tough time last night- I think that Brownies (good ones) are a trigger food- I made them all summer for the mow guys that do my lawn- no problem- none whatsoever- last night- I made a big batch wanted to lick the bowl- put soap in it right away- then when I was cutting them to put in to the tray, the moist chunks were falling off and I had to talk to myself to finish them, and then I put them away and had DBF cut the rest up to bring to work for the guys in the office. I couldn't trust myself....SERIOUSLY- when I stopped drinking 10 years ago, I didn't experience anything remotely close to what I did last night with the brownies....scary stuff I can't wait to get in to the pleasure stage with the running-but I did shelve it until this cold passes-
MamaFingers,toes and eyes crossed for ONEderland!!
Since I've been toying with the cookies and stuff using the Quest powders, the IP bars (except the Crispy square and brownie) I don't like them anymore....anyone else feel this way? I can't wait to be able to try the Oatmeal in a jar that everyone talks about in P3- but THAT is the only thing I am looking forward to-lol