Old 12-02-2015, 04:11 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

jaimie - Great progress, isn't it nice when you can actually lose on a holiday week!!

Ro - That's an interesting approach you're taking. It sounds logical, and I hope it works out for you! Thanks so much for sharing it all with us, I have no idea what will happen when I get to maintenance and back to carbs, and I am sure hoping for no problems But who knows, eh? So I'm always happy for information and different ideas. You're right that IP is very "cookie cutter" - follow the protocol blindly. And it works, but the further along I go, the more I'm feeling the need for more info, and I'm sure that will be needed even more into maintenance... or who know what might happen

Kalaya - I found that I was dropping sizes really fast through 18, then 16, then 14 - it seemed like just weeks between each, I had clothes in those sizes I never got to wear! But then into 12s, that lasted longer, then more slowly into 10s, and now some 8s. So don't fret, if you're measuring and the inches are coming off, you'll be down sizes soon.
Welcome to the 140s I just got there this week too! feels so good!

HIS - Enjoy all the wonderful chaos with all your family the next few day! We're waiting to hear all about the wedding!!

Beth too funny! that was my first thought too... "baby weight??"
I hope you figure out those few Lbs. Frustrating after all those months of counting losses .2lb at a time, to see fluctuations when you've reached the finish line. Especially when you don't know WHY!!!

mama - I'm pear shaped too, all my life I've had "saddle bags". Funny though, just a few days ago, I was looking at my thighs, and it dawned on me that they were gone. Definitely no saddle bags!!! That had never happened before with any diet. IP has eaten up all the fat in my thighs! That might happen to you too, our shapes definitely do change!

I had a business trip out of town, not far, just took a couple of hours this morning. So while I was out, I decided to get a bit of Christmas shopping done. So nice to have some of that done with. We got the Christmas lights up this past weekend, and got the boxes of decorations out, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

So it was past noon and I was getting hungry, I had a Quest bar in my purse - cookies & cream - OMG! why didn't I find these sooner!! So good!
I got a few of the (old) bars at the GNC here, I am definitely going back to get a bunch more!!
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 04:21 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Kalaya- I also found that I would have fast and slow periods with sizes. When I started (the 1st time) I was a 14, I dropped VERY fast into a 10. Then it took me FOREVER to get into a 8. Even though the 10's got loose, the 8's were still too tight.

I also noticed that I had periods of where I would lose more pounds than inches and then periods where I would lose more inches than pounds. I found that in the beginning, I was dropping pounds like mad. As I got closer and closer to goal, my pound losses were a lot smaller, but I was losing lots of inches!
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 04:44 PM   #168  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Kalaya- I also found that I would have fast and slow periods with sizes. When I started (the 1st time) I was a 14, I dropped VERY fast into a 10. Then it took me FOREVER to get into a 8. Even though the 10's got loose, the 8's were still too tight.

I also noticed that I had periods of where I would lose more pounds than inches and then periods where I would lose more inches than pounds. I found that in the beginning, I was dropping pounds like mad. As I got closer and closer to goal, my pound losses were a lot smaller, but I was losing lots of inches!
That would make sense...as you lose pounds you are building muscle. Since muscle weighs more than fat and tones the body, you should lose inches more towards the end. That will be good to remember going forward.
mamacitaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 07:39 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 187/135/135

Height: 5'4"

Thank you everyone for your feedback! And thank you Blue for the 140's welcome

Mama - You've been making amazing progress too, give yourself some credit lady!

Beth - I'm sure that you will find your maintenance 'groove', everyone is different. My first thought was also to try adding some more calories since you're training now. I can see how that could be scary though!

I am hoping that like Jenny pointed out that this may begin my period of losing more inches and I will see my body shape start to change more. I am also pear shaped. For the past few weeks I have been doing some light strength training (minus these past few days of being sick now). I have discovered my biceps again! I didn't think it would excite me this much, but it does! The only downside is now my bat wings are, I kid you not, two significantly different sizes. It looks really funny, lol. I'm assuming the leaner arm (my dominant) has just been responding to the strength training better so far. Hopefully they will even out at some point!

Question for our new maintainers () - Once your body declared goal, did you feel like the fat/weight loss did a lot to minimize 'problem areas', or do you now feel like only exercise will do that? Obviously toning etc will do wonders, but every time someone says, "You're skinny enough, you don't need to lose anymore weight!", I grab my evident tummy rolls and flap my bat wings like "Does this look like skinny to you?!". I've been ignoring everyone mostly, except for my brother. When he said that it made me scratch my head because he's not really the type of person to ever say anything at all about what I look like.

According to BMI, wrist measurements, elbow, etc I am somewhere between a petite and medium framed person and the middle of my 'ideal weight' is 128! I know that I should take that with a grain of salt, but combining that plus all the comments I'm getting has me wondering. I just picked 135 because that was my lowest adult weight. I think then I still could have stood to lose a few lbs, but it's not like I was exercising or anything so idk. Hoping my doctor will provide some good feedback on my next visit (in a few weeks). She said from the beginning though that she wants me to be around 15% BF...that's crazy! I think that can only be achieved through lots of training, but idk she's in her 50's and says she is 13-14% BF with only light exercise I mean, I would love to be that toned/slim, but I don't see how a diet will do that 100% of the way. I think my BF% from ~168 was 27% or so. I guess we'll see this time around.

Edit: Blue - The Quest cookies and cream bar is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G

Last edited by Kalaya; 12-02-2015 at 07:45 PM.
Kalaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 08:26 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Confession time....went to a Christmas stroll tonight and had a bowl of chili at the firehouse and probably a teaspoon of peppermint stick ice cream...
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 11:10 PM   #171  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

For all you gals needing a P3 breakfast 'planner' here it is:

suggestions:
Protein Examples
1 Egg with Bacon
1 Egg with 2 turkey sausage patties
2 Eggs
1 Greek Yogurt with Egg

Grain Examples
1/4 c meusli
1 slice whole grain toast
1/2 c. oatmeal
1/2 c - 3/4 c. Kashi cereal

Fruit Examples
1 small banana
2 small oranges
3/4 c. berries
1/2 cup grapes

Dairy Examples
6 oz. skim milk
1 greek yogurt
1.5 oz. cheese
4% cottage cheese

Other (may be your fat source) - Butter, Light Cream Cheese, or salsa/ketchup or WF spread

Your breaky should be more than 25g protein & less than 15g fat, & 4-500 cal. Grain should be less than 30g carb, fruit less than 20g carb, and dairy less than 15g carb & under 120 cal.

I have a pdf chart but don't know how to copy & paste here.

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 05:20 AM   #172  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Not there yet Liana but THANK YOU!! - I have cut, pasted, printed and put in to my folder for when I am finally there!
Well, 131.8 down .6 from yesterday- I know that sometimes I worry about some of the most foolish things, and probably ask some questions that cause some to *face palm* sometimes I drive myself crazy. So, (because it's probably pretty evident that I am not as in tune with myself as most of you are, and am almost blindly following-because it works for me. In my life, I need one thing where I am told what to do as opposed to me always being "the bossy one" lol- and this is it-anywho-my question is- (could possibly be another *fp* but- as I almost came home last night and purged the chili (I didn't but seriously considered it) this morning have a loss-is it more likely that the chili won't even catch up to me scale wise until tomorrow or Saturday? OR am I "safe-but would be smart to skip a restricted today and maybe tomorrow too?
Was kind of bummed last night never got a chance to do week 1 day 3 of C25k- and today and tomorrow don't look promising either...but if needed, I'll do it Saturday..I hate that it gets dark so early now.
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 08:41 AM   #173  

Linda If there were beans in the chili, probably more carbs than you should have but also fiber, don't forget. So MHO, probably not too bad.
I've often had a surprising small loss- usually after being away for a couple of days, and straying slightly off plan. I would just do all unrestricted the next day, low cab veg, leanest meat, fish.
Good luck, you're so close and I know you're itching to get there!!

Liana - thanks, I'm still a ways off, but I'm starting to cut and paste some P3 recipes, ideas, because, YES! I am going to get there!

Going to go get a Christmas tree this aft, we still like to get a real one. Bonus is that DS will be here Fri/Sat, so we'll get it decorated then.
Old 12-03-2015, 09:30 AM   #174  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Well....thought I'd check in here first. I know it seems to some that I may have fallen off the edge of the earth but I'm still hanging on. Divorce is proceeding smoothly still, with it becoming final shortly after the first of the year. I have myself set up nicely in a small cozy rv park in the hill country of Texas in an old, quaint town with everything I need close by (an IP clinic is 25 miles away but havent gone there yet- got plenty of food left from my hoarding abilities ). Life is settling down some. I am happy and confident still that I am doing what I am supposed to be doing. I have not exactly fallen completely off the wagon but I have slipped over the edge a time or two. My WL for the month of Nov was the smallest yet (see siggie) but I am back on track and will continue towards my goal weight. I am watching for signs from my body to let me know when it's done all it's going to do. I hope it doesn't quit on me before I am ready!! I feel great and except for the saggy baggy elephant thing going on from my waist down, I am truly happy with my body at this point. That has been a long time coming, let me tell you. My internet service is worse than sketchy where I am living right now but I will try to check in more often now that I am able to slow down and breathe a bit. I have an appt with the doctor that suggested IP to me on Monday. I can hardly wait to see his face when he sees me! I am hoping that I can get off my chl meds and possibly my BP meds. Because of the divorce, and the fact that my monthly income will be below the poverty level (I can't count my IRA payments as income so I am okay as far as money goes just cant count it) I will no longer be insured after Jan 1 so my prayer is, and am asking for those of you who do pray to join me, that I don't need meds, and that my health stays good so that I dont' have to go into debt just to see a doctor.
I am staying strong!
frawniemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 11:33 AM   #175  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Liana - that is a wonderful & comprehensive list - thank you I think 'granola' could be added - 1/4 to a 1/2c depending...unless 'meusli' covers that?

Kay - wowzers - 15% bf??? Were you a pro athlete at some point? Seriously, isn't that almost Olympic standard? No offense to your PDoc, but just b/c she is 15% doesn't / shouldn't mean all her patients are or should be - that actually seems REALLY low for a woman her age.
Sorry you were sick - hope you are on the mend (I found the one time I got sick while in P1 recovery was s-l-o-w)

Linda - CONGRATS!!!! Almost into the 12x's!!!
Not to be snarky, but I think you will survive the indulgence I wouldn't even count the spoon of ice cream truthfully...Again, everyone is different & like you, I've read various theories about when / if a gain will strike. Its possible you may see a slight uptick tomorrow...but then again, the shake up / extra carb from the beans and tomato sauce might have been enough to get the scales moving again. I am the worst person to ask about staying 'zen' though
You'll get there with the C25K - you are picking a tough time to start, especially if you are trying to do it all outside.

ETA:
Blue - jealous...we so need to get our tree out (we're the opposite & have always done a fake one) - glad your son will be there to help

Frawnie - lady - sounds like you've had a ***t-ton going on but you have a handle on this! Not to go political by any stretch, but since the IRA doesn't 'count' and you'll be below poverty level, what about the healthcare exchange? I know Texas wasn't allowed to expand...so I don't know all the rules...I've heard of some spouses being 'nice' and keeping ex's on too...guessing that one isn't happening, no matter how friendly a separation eh? But hoping / sending positive thoughts that all your blood work is perfect !!!!!
BTW - Texas is QUICK! Glad things are rolling in your favor and you are able to start your new and improved life <3

Happy Friday-eve!

With wind chills in the mid-30's this morning, I geared up and went out at 5:30am (with my LED head lamp for safety!) for this mornings 45 minutes. I can't tell you how much more I am enjoying outside compared to the treadmill...prior to the 5K, I had spent a few $'s at Target and bought a decent pair of winter leggings, jogging gloves, and a sweatshirt with a full coverage hoodie (neck / head / mouth) - <3 IT!!!!! Kept me warm and I even broke a decent sweat by the time I finished up.
So proud AND bonus! Running this early has meant ZERO bladder issues!

Scale was -1.4 this morning (146.6)...just gotta keep monitoring. I did 2 things differently yesterday:
1. removed nut butters (celery / pbFit had become my go-to snack)
2. Had an extra evening snack - my first KIND bar (Dark chocolate cherry) which was very tasty, although small and not very filling...and the 3/4c plain greek yogurt with 1 stevia and 1/2c blueberries - oh man was THAT good!

Still averaged the same calories gross / net

Going sans nut butters again today...then will try celery / pbfit for snack Friday night...or mix it into the plain greek yogurt...and see what happens Saturday morning.

Or it could genuinely be TOM...stupid ******* uterus hasn't decided

Last edited by hysteria_625; 12-03-2015 at 11:43 AM.
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 04:23 PM   #176  

Frawnie - Glad to hear from you, especially since all is going well with you. Don't be worried about the small loss last month, gollygee, with all the changes you've been going through, it would be understandable if it was up. Obviously you're sticking with it as much as possible, hope it will all settle down for you soon. Good luck getting that internet connection inproved, always so good to hear how you're doing

Beth - oh, my, I hope nut butters are not the problem. That is what I am so much looking forward to after P1!!!
I have to admit to admiration on your commitment to running, I know I would never be willing to go out at 5 am in the cold!! I do have to start thinking about some form of exercise though (more than walking), once I get closer to the end of P1, but I don't think it'll be running. Fact is, in all truth, I'm a pretty lazy person, and I do have a tendency to hibernate in the winter. I grew up in the north and I just do not like the cold!
Old 12-03-2015, 08:53 PM   #177  

We'll see about the 5:30a runs Linda...I did enjoy it but am exhausted tonight and having a hard time staying out of the fridge & I can't go to bed yet as DD10 is still awake.
They say it take 2 weeks to adjust / make something a habit so I'm going to stick with it but I won't run outside in cold + wet and unfortunately a lot more rain is predicted the next 2 weeks.

I agree about the nut butters...I will be so sad but it's all trial and error right now - and it would just mean having one serving a day as opposed to 2 - I was doing ok / maintaining with either breakfast or snack...
Old 12-03-2015, 09:01 PM   #178  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hysteria625: Meusli is just a bit different from granola in that it adds no extra oils other than what is in the nuts naturally, and no extra sugars other than that in the dried or fresh fruit. Granola often has oils added to it and brown sugar or honey or maple syrup added. Some of the maintainer gals use granola, but you really have to watch what's in it - it can sneak up on you. My DH has to be careful now that he is 58, spare-tire happens when he makes a habit of his old 5 servings of granola for breakfast.

My favorite P3 breaky is pizza. Approved by IP, lol (I emailed and asked Dr. What's-his-name (the middle age blonde guy in the videos - brain is toast tonight)). Especially shrimp & pineapple with lots of peppers, mushrooms & onion. Fits the macros. That's when I even feel like breakfast - most of the time I don't as I never have been a breakfast person.

Liana

Last edited by canadjineh; 12-03-2015 at 09:02 PM.
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 07:47 AM   #179  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Quick update as I have been crazy busy...

My approach this week seems to be the boost I needed. I have lost another 1.2 pounds in last 2 days so this puts me at exactly 10 pounds from goal. I'm feeling better too. And, I have to say, the extra fat is more satisfying.
I haven't had a chance to do blood tests - neither ketones nor glucose - as my test strips haven't arrived. I could very well find out that my readings are what they are not because of being carb sensitive but because my body is just so keto efficient after all this time. The monitoring will reveal that for me. So, if cutting my carbs in half to less than 20 and cutting my protein to 80 g from 100-130 puts me well into nutritional ketosis, I know that I am more sensitive than the average bear :-) This will tell me that for my long-term maintenance plan that I need to factor that in and set my macros accordingly. The Keto Clarity book plus getting sick at the end of P1 last time really has me in tune with what is going on - one does not know how sensitive they are unless they test. Ideal Protein treats everyone the same but the book makes it very clear that we are so individualistic when it comes to our metabolism that the only way to know for sure is to test. Don't get me wrong - I am not criticizing anyone that says that what works from them is to strictly follow protocol as is, but for me, when I get sick and wound up right back where I started from, I needed to pay more attention to my body. I very well suspect that at this time is where the beginnings of my problems started the first time and I just ignored them until I couldn't any longer. At this point, I think I am more in-tune and my body was giving me signals that I didn't understand then that I do now, which is that I needed more fat consumption as indicated by strong cravings in spite of being on a ketogenic diet for 5 months that was supposed to resolve that (which I hadn't had in the 5 months prior) and ultimately leading to very low Vitamin D3 (one needs fat to absorb Vitamin D) and a bunch of other abnormalities in my blood work. So, if anyone is wondering why at the end of the journey I am switching things up when this has been working, these are the reasons why.

Sorry, I haven't had a chance to respond to individual posters. All the days have run into each other this week. And, it isn't getting any lighter. I have to meet with my accountant today to do year end taxes on my business, it is my Dad's birthday so spending day with him and then I fly to Iowa tonight through Monday night to begin my work as a volunteer on a presidential campaign. I have never done anything like that before, but I am so motivated to act on my feelings that I have volunteered for the first time. I won't mention the candidate I am supporting as I don't want to turn this political but I will be following this schedule through Feb 1 when the Iowa primary is held. I don't know what to expect as I have never done anything like this so I am going to get the lay of the land this weekend and do my part. Friends and family members will be joining me but I am the only one going this first week to understand what to communicate to them as I am a team captain and need to coordinate them. Looking forward to it but it is a bit crazy given the holidays approaching and coming up on the end of my company's first year in business so I have so much to do. It is good to be busy. Have a great weekend and I'll check back when I can. I hope my test strips come before I leave for the airport as I don't want to have to wait until Monday night to test.

Ok...I guess that wasn't as brief as I thought it was going to be...LOL

Last edited by Ro22; 12-04-2015 at 07:48 AM.
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 10:42 AM   #180  

Ro - that sounds amazing! Regardless of who, thank you for being an active participant in the process!
I am also glad to hear you are feeling better. I agree with you whole heartedly on this being a personal journey and imvho, unless you have a great coach (preferably medically trained too) they are going to keep enforcing the IP standards...and again, mvho, it is why so many people end up not making it to the final phases. By no means I am not saying it is a majority...truth is this diet is HARD - but the fact there is such a hard line against non-protocol additions (ie, healthy fats) factors into this
Actually, Blue...Linda - just curious what your coaches would have to say about the % of IP graduates they've had at their clinics if you wouldn't mind asking?

Happy Friday!
Week 1 of early morning workouts is in the books - this morning was cross training / weights. Running isn't bad but I really wasn't feeling the weights this early in the a.m. with no 'fuel'. I did normal weight / reps and was fatiguing pretty quick. Trial and error

Tomorrow is short morning run.

Then we head to the local Christmas parade with family. A couple of us are meeting up with DH's cousin (who lost her husband / our old friend recently), getting the kids together - I am making some brownies for a breakfast 'treat' Sending a pan home with DH's cousin too...least I can do. My heart still breaks for her and the girls.

THEN I finally get to go pick up some fresh pork Our friends have a farm and just had 2 huge pigs butchered. I am going out and buying 10 - 15 pounds of fresh sausage, bacon, and chops!
So glad I can actually eat it too!! Guess whats (maybe...) for breakfast Sunday!!!

Scale was steady this morning. Be interesting to see what happens tomorrow morning with the 'rest' from running today. I am seriously contemplating a P1 / P2 day Sunday (complete rest / stretch day) to see if I can wiggle back down into the 145 range...I know I was lucky to not really see the +2 / +3 in glycogen stores but bumping up above 147 really makes me nervous right now...and i just want to see if it works, kwim? I haven't done a 'true' P1 / P2 day in close to 6 weeks.

Also - just to vent for a hot minute...I LOVE the fact I was able to loose the weight and I LOVE my new found passions (running / exercise)...but at the same time, I HATE my body - why can't it follow 'normal' science of calorie-in / calorie-out???? If it was, and I had a normal metabolism, I would / should be down around 140 right now. ALL the tracking and statistics I have in MFP verify this. I've still been running a calorie deficit (with exercise) that SHOULD equate to about a pound a week for a normal person...and I have to accept I am not normal I can't completely accept the muscle theory either - sorry. Even if I am building muscle, I should still be loosing some fat and seeing some downward scale movement...143 / 144?

I was also looking through my pantry last night and consolidating / seeing how much product I have left for these drop back days. I will still probably put a Nashua order in every couple months to grab a couple boxes of puddings...the Quest products just don't do it for me as a pudding substitute.

NSV - I am wearing the tightest size 6 jeans I have - they are Calvin Kline but cut funny (like some of the Gloria Vanderbilt's I had but are now at Goodwill) They just sit way too high on my waist (feel like granny Moses ) - these were my "I wish" jeans from the thrift store a couple weeks ago and while I am not as buttered into them as I was then, there is still some muffin top. Wish I'd been a little more selective but I only paid $8 for brand new, tag on, Calvin Kline's...for one wear

Last edited by hysteria_625; 12-04-2015 at 10:44 AM.