Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 06:46 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon1957 View Post
My legs! Actually I caught a glimpse of them last week and they are just looking so thin (compared to where they were 100 pounds ago) that I had to snap this pic. My feet have shrunk too and my shoe size is down 1 full measure -- so my heels are actually too big. Yes, tall girls like wearing heels too (at least occasionally). This is what walking 700 miles (up and down hills in my neighborhood) since October 2014 has done for me. Now if I can just lose more of my bothersome waistline (always the last to go).

Forgot to mention....you go with those legs and shoes...I woud most certainly fall flat on my face in those! I do hope you get to sit a lot at work LOL..
Old 05-11-2015, 10:58 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all! Hope you're well on this Monday morning

I woke up with a killer sinus headache, I'm blaming the weather. We are supposed to have this rain system blowing in, and I can feel it.

Y'alls comments yesterday about panty hose cracked me up! I loathe hose, and will only wear them if absolutely necessary. Since I don't wear things higher than knee-length, I don't worry about how my legs look. Plus it's so hot and humid here it's just torture.

Avalon - great pic! I would probably seriously injure myself if I tried to wear shoes that high

Last edited by JJTx; 05-11-2015 at 10:58 AM.
Old 05-11-2015, 11:30 AM   #123  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
OK Aria scale question..DH bought me one for Mothers Day, but everytime he steps on it, it registers in my account. Help! he doesn't have a fit bit or a MFP account...anyone bueller bueller??
I have only myself set up on my Aria scale, but you can create an
'account' for your hubby and others.... not sure how the scale knows which person to register WI for....

I will try to figure it out and post some guidance - your morning sounds more loaded than mine!
Old 05-11-2015, 12:03 PM   #124  

I agree JJTx I'm in the no pantyhose camp I stopped wearing them in 1995 when I moved to Southern California - don't live there anymore but haven't picked up the habit again - I love it without, hope they never come back into style.... I do like the look of the thigh highs or garters, but they don't work on my legs - my legs get progressively thinner from top to bottom so they always just fall off so I spend the whole night I have them on pulling them back up and being bothered

Avalon I love that pic. When I opened up the thread your pic was the first one at the top, so funny it felt like borderline NSFW. That (or some version of it) would a a great black and white to frame in silver and put in your closet. No one needs to know it's you Maybe you could do a boudoir photo shoot sometime. I am thinking about doing that again in this next year when I get around to it, I did one with a friend (no charge) about half way through my weight loss and it helped me get a better sense of myself.
Old 05-11-2015, 12:36 PM   #125  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
I have only myself set up on my Aria scale, but you can create an
'account' for your hubby and others.... not sure how the scale knows which person to register WI for....

I will try to figure it out and post some guidance - your morning sounds more loaded than mine!
Here is a link to the Aria help page and the FAQ that addresses the topic and has a video to show you how to invite others to use your scale.

One more point on the pantyhose thing - I do find that pantyhose help me stay warm in the winter.... that's what really surprised me this winter at the bus stop -- women wearing a dress or skirt with a coat no longer than knee or just below knee, and no stockings or tights or socks, and often in a 3+ inch heel..... I guess I am old, but I believe my feet are in better shape today because I did not adopt this practice from a young age....

Last edited by oneuh2; 05-11-2015 at 12:48 PM.
Old 05-11-2015, 01:10 PM   #126  

Smiling with you oneuh2 - I think you should wear those pantyhose for the rest of your life and just feel super sexy and awesome. I bet you look great in them.
I just don't like clothes in general and definitely don't like anything binding me or close to my skin - I'm one of those people that will rip pretty much everything off the minute I walk in the door - I hate having straps and elastic and things on me. Kind of a naked hippy at heart. With my work I don't wear heels all that much so that part hasn't been an issue for me, and when I buy heels I buy ones that feel comfortable with bare feet/legs.

So great we can all dress ourselves exactly as we please huh?

This conversation entertains me in a lovely way, it's so frivolous it's nice to have a little fun together.
Old 05-11-2015, 01:17 PM   #127  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grateful4Health View Post
Smiling with you oneuh2 - I think you should wear those pantyhose for the rest of your life and just feel super sexy and awesome. I bet you look great in them.
I just don't like clothes in general and definitely don't like anything binding me or close to my skin - I'm one of those people that will rip pretty much everything off the minute I walk in the door - I hate having straps and elastic and things on me. Kind of a naked hippy at heart. With my work I don't wear heels all that much so that part hasn't been an issue for me, and when I buy heels I buy ones that feel comfortable with bare feet/legs.

So great we can all dress ourselves exactly as we please huh?

This conversation entertains me in a lovely way, it's so frivolous it's nice to have a little fun together.
As I think about it - I was in modern dance and ballet classes through most of my childhood, so tights and leotards do feel very good to me - and pantyhose are just a sheer version of tights.... don't know why they were not invented sooner, now that I think about it.

My first stockings were worn with a garter belt or panty girdle... what an uncomfortable get-up that used to be, and while on the subject, I cannot say how happy I am that crinoline petty coats are not longer torturing little girls as they did me until I was in the first or 2nd grade and they kind of fell out of style.

G4H - you have brought a smile to my face with your graphic description of strip down as you come thru the door at home. Sounds tres au naturelle to me!!!
Old 05-11-2015, 09:45 PM   #128  
Started 2/12/2015

S/C/G: 190/138/150

Height: 5'7

JJTX Have to agree with you on the pantyhose, here in Central Tx is NOT the place for those unless you absolutely have to! And just pray it isn't in July or August...

You look great AVALON! You rock those heels girl! I am not graceful enough for those but they are beautiful.

Last edited by 3bigdogs; 05-11-2015 at 09:47 PM.
Old 05-11-2015, 10:00 PM   #129  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon1957 View Post
Briael ... Ahh, cat's in suitcases. Yes, I get it. My cat LOVED open suitcases on a bed with lumpy clothes packed in. That's cat heaven in terms of bedding. Sorry about all your injuries (sounds painful). What is netball? I loved volleyball and basketball when I was younger.
Netball is a static version of basketball. You catch the ball, have a "landing" foot which may not be moved off the ground, so no travelling, no bouncing of the ball, and zones. 7 players per side. Game played in 4x 10 min quarters. Lots of man-to-man marking with a maximum of 3 seconds the ball can be held before it must be passed or a shot at goal taken. It's an international game, and I know the US has a team, but it never seems to be played outside the international team, so I always wonder where the US team is recruited from.

Fingers crossed for your 100lb. I was 0.6 lbs off it this morning so I'm hoping for my century tomorrow!

Been thinking about CenTXChk today. My parents-in-law live SW of Dallas and had horrendous storms with 7" of rain yesterday afternoon/evening so I'm hoping Cen's ok out there. How about you, JJ, everything ok in your corner of TX? We didn't have a spot of rain at all, just a gentle breeze.

Last edited by Briael; 05-11-2015 at 10:02 PM.
Old 05-11-2015, 10:12 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post
Been thinking about CenTXChk today. My parents-in-law live SW of Dallas and had horrendous storms with 7" of rain yesterday afternoon/evening so I'm hoping Cen's ok out there. How about you, JJ, everything ok in your corner of TX? We didn't have a spot of rain at all, just a gentle breeze.
We got a lot of rain today in Central Texas, nowhere near 7 inches though! Waiting for the next line of storms to roll in, should be in overnight or by morning according to the weather folks. (Which could also mean we won't get anything!)
Old 05-12-2015, 12:17 AM   #131  
Started 2/12/2015

S/C/G: 190/138/150

Height: 5'7

Lots of Flooding in different parts of town. We need the rain, though. High and dry in our area.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:05 AM   #132  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

A desk job (computer work) helps tremendously with the shoes ... LOL. If I had to walk all day, forget about it. Some shoes are made for sitting down (or laying down). If I am walking any great distance, I am in flats or running shoes.

Grateful4Health, your post made me laugh (and I had to google your acronym) and reminded me that I need to update my progress photo (before and after). I did one previously where in my before photo I was 326 and my progress photo I was 249. Now I am 22 pounds below that old low. If I get that done, I will post. I like the way your mind works!

Briael, PLEASE POST when you hit your "Down 100" mile marker. That is such a huge accomplishment and we all want to share in your victory. My exponential regression lines on my weight charts are telling me that I could hit that milestone on Saturday May 16th -- just 4 short days away! So excited about that. (And netball sounds interesting, but funny that I never heard of it -- it must be a regional thing.)

I enjoyed reading everyone's shoe and pantyhose posts. I think the demographic here in terms of the opinions fits well with society overall -- a very representative sample.

The flooding sounds bad, we had a few light remnants of a tropical depression scoot by (off the mid Atlantic coast) yesterday. Just some drizzle and sprinkles and showers. But I have always been a sucker for a good storm (as long as nobody gets hurt).

Last edited by Avalon1957; 05-12-2015 at 10:37 AM.
Old 05-12-2015, 03:36 AM   #133  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Happy Birthday, Alexandra! Hope it's a great day for you. I'm staying up late so I can have a breakfast before the fast for the bod pod check today.
Old 05-12-2015, 06:42 AM   #134  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

First and formost prayers to everyone effected by these storms...Its no good out there...

One ~ Thanks for the link... I will give it a try but for now I am keeping DH off...Its my scale LOL...We have another one in the 2nd bathroom which he actually weighs less on so he is going with that one LOL...

WI for me today, since in my WL journey this is my up week (always followed by a good loss) I am just hoping I can stay under 200. My aria had me at 199 this am but I am not sure how accurate with my clinic scale.

I really need to make it to the grocery store today too. I am running really low on veggies and I am working all day tomorrow and thursday is hectic too. We are doing a Birthday Party for my son on Saturday. Just family, but looks like rain in the forcast and I was going to grill.... Thinking now I will just cater it and be done....one less thing I have to think about and prepare for. DS doesn't care as long as he has ice cream cake LOL.. Still in disbelief that my baby will be 17 next tuesday and driving ....Ugh!

OK all have a good one....will try to check in after WI
Old 05-12-2015, 10:38 AM   #135  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

Briael, thanks for the Happy Birthday wishes! Best birthday present ever is being at my lightest weight in 13 years (since 2002).

Last edited by Avalon1957; 05-12-2015 at 10:40 AM.
Closed Thread