Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 03:28 PM   #151  
IP Start Date 07/11/14

S/C/G: 199/161.0/140

Height: 5'2" (almost)

Wet, but good day.

I just finished reading some literature on Gymnema. Sounds very promising and interesting. However, I'm gonna need to speak to my doc about it. The whole reason I panicked and got started into IP and alternatives was because my numbers (A1C1) said that I am pre-diabetic. That and I didn't want to start yet another medication. Big ol' hairy family history of diabetes. After an annual visit recently, I am happy to say that I am "normal." In addition to the supplements (IP alternatives), blood pressure and thyroid meds, I take cinnamon extract. As soon as I find out what she (doc) thinks, I'll pass it on.

Y'all stay dry! Or at least try to.
Old 05-13-2015, 03:35 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Avalon, Happy Belated, and congrats on your milestone of lowest weight.

Amanda, I think I congratulated you one your milestone somewhere in cyber space, but I'll say it again here Congratulations!!!

Happy to also read about some great losses and folks getting back on track.

It's a cold, windy, snowy day here, a reflection of my mood. I've been feeling really crappy the last week and a half to two weeks. I've had a persistent headache, an extended "lady time", which I guess has left me over emotional, I left work early on Monday because I couldn't stop crying. It was embarrassing! And my body has just generally been sore.

There's been a lot of bugs going around and I'm wondering if I'm going to get the flu or something but I don't get any worse. So I'm still not dragging my arse out of bed early enough in the mornings to workout, and I've been eating like crap. Soccer has ended and I'm thinking of signing up for softball, but I don't think that will have me as active as soccer and I'm sure I'll be striking out more than I will be running the bases But I like having a team relying on me (more for body count than skill), to keep me accountable and showing up.

Anyway, enough boohooing I hope everyone is having a great day
Old 05-13-2015, 10:05 PM   #153  
Started 2/12/2015

S/C/G: 190/138/150

Height: 5'7

jjtx & centx Are you as ready for the rain to stop as I am??? My ponds are all running over, backyard is like a river bank. We are in the hilly part of town but this is enough water for a while! Hope you guys are not in low lying areas.

Sorry this wasn't about IP. Tomorrow is weigh in for me, progress continues to be slow. I am going to ask about phasing out in one more week even though I probably should lose another 10 lbs.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:33 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

As long as the rain helps fill up the lake a bit I will take it. My rain gauge runeth over in my backyard though. Lol! My neighborhood was supposed to have our semi-annual garage sale on Sat. I was really looking forward to finally get rid of the rest of my plus size clothes that I haven't been able to pawn off on friends or family. Looks like it may not happen.

DD - Stay healthy! Been very lucky that I haven't had to deal with illness on top of P1. I bet that would be tough!!

Hope everyone is having a great OP day! Went to a work happy hour today. Of course, it was just a social hour for me. Saw a friend I hadn't seen since Sept. She was shocked and so happy. Such a great SV!!
Old 05-13-2015, 10:38 PM   #155  
Started 2/12/2015

S/C/G: 190/138/150

Height: 5'7

centx What amazing progress you've made. Did you take any breaks since the beginning or gone straight phase 1 through?

Last edited by 3bigdogs; 05-13-2015 at 10:38 PM.
Old 05-13-2015, 11:26 PM   #156  

Straight through since June. Although I've struggled the last month. Buckling down until the beginning of June to lose what I can before starting to phase off. Thanks!
Old 05-14-2015, 12:15 AM   #157  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

So Amanda blazed the trail on "Down 100" yesterday ... and a few others in this thread have also made this milestone (like CenTxChk & JJTx) ... I broke the same barrier today. I am down 100.25 pounds as of today, which took me 8.5 months to do.

I want my "100 Pound Club" button!!

It's been a long road, with lots of willpower and work, but well worth the effort. And I am just 25.75 pounds away from onederland and a healthy BMI of 25. A goal I could be approaching in a bit over 2 months.

I also have to admit that I love seeing all those 0's in my red heart slider/ticker below -- now that looks cool!

(And thanks again to EVERYONE on all the Happy Birthday wishes. You are all so sweet!)

Last edited by Avalon1957; 05-14-2015 at 05:50 AM.
Old 05-14-2015, 06:12 AM   #158  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Avalon ~ Congrats ...well deserved and well earned...

Texas folks hang on! Hope the rain ends soon for you guys..

Trying so hard to be super compliant this week... My plan was back to basics, but my mouth is not...Feeling the need for something to eat after dinner every night.....Of course I something IP, but it still something extra that I have come to depend on ... I need to stop that, or go back to my 2 squares of IP Raspberry Chocolate that I used to do.... I was losing when I was doing that... Ugh why cant this be easy LOL

Anyway off to the Dr. with Hubby this am...Surgeon consultation....the I have a nail appointment and then working tonight.... Long day ahead..
Old 05-14-2015, 07:41 AM   #159  

Alexandra- OMG Girl!! You. Lost. 100 lbs. You are just amazing and are on fire!

Sue - GL at DH's dr appt today. Thinking good thoughts for you guys. And with regards to basics, you can do it!! I hear you on the hunger. I may or may not have eaten a pickle around 10pm last night. we are getting so close. You can see the finish line. Just keep with it! (Talking to myself too ),

My dad is coming to visit today. Looking forward to seeing him. Know the kids are excited too. First evening this week I don't have an after work commitment (other than get steps in) so it will be nice to spend time with the fam.

Down another 2.5 lbs this morning (lost 3 yesterday) so the water retention after my cheat is going away but I am still a couple pounds above where I was last Fri. Glad I am not starting to phase off Mon like my coach originally planned. Maybe some of my pants will feel better today.

Hope everyone have a great day!!

Last edited by CenTXChk; 05-14-2015 at 07:42 AM.
Old 05-14-2015, 09:16 AM   #160  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Avalon, congratulations!!!!! You deserve your button and more, great job!!!

Sue, good luck staying OP and fighting those evening cravings, I have been fighting them too as I always had my IP snack after supper.

I hope your DH Dr. appointment goes well.

CenTxChk, I hope you have a lovely visit with your father, and congrats on losing more of your up lbs.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 05-14-2015, 11:07 AM   #161  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon1957 View Post
I broke the same barrier today. I am down 100.25 pounds as of today, which took me 8.5 months to do.

I want my "100 Pound Club" button!!
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Our "club" is getting bigger - err, smaller!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post

My dad is coming to visit today. Looking forward to seeing him.

Down another 2.5 lbs this morning (lost 3 yesterday) so the water retention after my cheat is going away but I am still a couple pounds above where I was last Fri. Glad I am not starting to phase off Mon like my coach originally planned. Maybe some of my pants will feel better today.
Hope you enjoy the time with your dad, I'm sure it will do everyone some good!
And WTG on the loss, goodbye pounds!!
Old 05-14-2015, 11:16 AM   #162  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Alexandra -- you have passed the 100 mile marker and I know you are smiling about it, inside and out!! Fabulous!

I am posting quickly to say it's weigh in day for me (appt at 6pm), plus I am going to doc today for a physical and bloodwork - checking in on how my health looks now that I have lost 77 lbs (per home scale this AM).

Will be back later with update on results on the WI.
TTFN....
Old 05-14-2015, 06:11 PM   #163  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

OneUh2, along with your WI later today post your bloodwork results when you get it back in a few weeks. I am always interested to see how bloodwork changes (hopefully improves) after losing weight.

Thanks again to everyone for all the congratulatory pats ... now it's time for more weight loss, I still have another 35 pounds to drop. (This is no time to rest on my laurels! LOL)

Last edited by Avalon1957; 05-14-2015 at 06:14 PM.
Old 05-14-2015, 07:56 PM   #164  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Just returned from my day of doc appts, ending with my WI which I was able to go in for at 4:30p ET instead of my usual 6pm.

Good news - a relative woosh of 4 lbs down for a total of 79.2 since my start on IP! This is .8 lb below where I was the day before I left for the CA trip (April 30). Now if I can behave and choose my foods smartly I can proceed toward the 150's to my desired goal of 150.

I saw my internist late this morning, and the drawing of blood was the usual not fun experience -- my veins are deep set and they roll around. And I seem to have a lot of scar tissue in the usual bend of the elbow area, so there is a tendency for the tech to want to go to the back of my hand.... so much more painful. I have to confess that I really hate needles.

But - we are doing the usual blood panel and we are checking Thyroid and Vitamin D. My results last year were in the good range for everything - blood sugar, cholesterol overall (good could be higher, bad could be lower, but in the normal range) with Triglycerides as the only thing on the border.
Overall the doc sees me as being in very good health, and he is very proud of my weight loss. After lots of good feedback from him, he announced he is leaving the medical profession! Horrors.... For now, we'll switch to seeing his partner of many years from the same practice (actually his internist, too, as it turns out). Big trauma for DH who has been seeing this doc for 30+ years, since he first came out of residency.

I may have to find another internist for my longer term care - one that is younger and someone I can relate to better than the partner. Maybe a woman.... I am taking recommendations from anyone in the DC metro area....

Meanwhile... I took a quick photo before I went to WI today and thought I might post it here as a shot of progress to date, and then maybe switch my profile photo. Let's see what I can do with it using 3FC attachment tools.... I don't know how you guys have aligned an older photo with a newer one so that you see the side by side comparison... maybe someone will share some tips with me?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg May 14 2014 v2.jpg (21.0 KB, 25 views)
Old 05-14-2015, 08:12 PM   #165  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

You look amazing Cheryl! Wow!
Closed Thread