Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 09:50 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Look at you skinny lady!!

Congrats on your whoosh, got those 4 pesky pounds out of the way.

I don't know how others do it but I use a phone app called picframe to do multiple pics inTo one.
Old 05-14-2015, 09:55 PM   #167  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
Look at you skinny lady!!

Congrats on your whoosh, got those 4 pesky pounds out of the way.

I don't know how others do it but I use a phone app called picframe to do multiple pics inTo one.
Gosh, thanks!!!

And thanks for the phone app idea - I will check it out!!!
Old 05-14-2015, 10:49 PM   #168  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Meanwhile... I took a quick photo before I went to WI today and thought I might post it here as a shot of progress to date, and then maybe switch my profile photo. Let's see what I can do with it using 3FC attachment tools.... I don't know how you guys have aligned an older photo with a newer one so that you see the side by side comparison... maybe someone will share some tips with me?
OneUh2, fantastic 4 pound whoosh! I love that kind of news. Tremendous change in your photos too! You must be so proud of yourself. Below is a resized before and after of your two photos. I tried to scale the height one-to-one so the 2 pictures have the same aspect ratio and can be directly compared. It's pretty close. Just download this photo to your computer (by right mouse clicking on it) and then you'll have it for use in your profile. (By the way, I find it cute that even your "camera" shrunk from your before to your after. Everything is shrinking!)

Last edited by Avalon1957; 05-15-2015 at 07:12 AM.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:57 PM   #169  
Started 2/12/2015

S/C/G: 190/138/150

Height: 5'7

You look great oneuh, what fun to see your before/after.

Had my WI today, had a good day of 3.2 loss so I was happy. Five lbs left to goal.
I'm hoping someone can help me. Does anyone how many grams of fat and grams of protein one should get on phase 1? Coach said I need to get more protein but I didn't ask how much I need to shoot for.

Also, aren't I supposed to go to phase 2 this close to goAl? She wants me to stay on phase 1 for at least 2 more wks. I thought it was supposed to be 80% of goal.
Old 05-15-2015, 04:57 AM   #170  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3bigdogs View Post
Had my WI today, had a good day of 3.2 loss so I was happy. Five lbs left to goal.

I'm hoping someone can help me. Does anyone how many grams of fat and grams of protein one should get on phase 1? Coach said I need to get more protein but I didn't ask how much I need to shoot for.

Also, aren't I supposed to go to phase 2 this close to goal? She wants me to stay on phase 1 for at least 2 more wks. I thought it was supposed to be 80% of goal.
Great progress! Getting a 3+ pounds loss so late in the program is fantastic. And you are so close to goal! Congratulations.

I did a rough calculation of the IP Phase 1 numbers. On strict Phase 1, your protein should be about 100 to 105 grams per day (It actually depends a bit on what food and packet choices you make, but that number is probably accurate to within 5 to 10%). Your total fat will probably fall in the 25g per day area (again that's prob accurate to within about 5 to 10% depending on your exact packet, food, and oil choices).

I am not exactly sure of when one should go to Phase 2 (generally speaking), but what you wrote sounds about right. P2 is actually not that different from P1, you are just eating a few more calories and carbs, but the foods are roughly the same.

I have sort of been on Phase 2 myself (perhaps the whole time I've been dieting?) However I am very tall and I've been exercising my @ss off! So I probably have more of a burn rate. I was concerned that at 6'3" and a starting weight in the 300's that the strict IP P1 calorie total of 800 was just too low for me and might put me in starvation mode -- so I've been bumped up on total cals from the beginning. Some of it is trial and error, trying to figure out what works best for you and your body -- none of us are built the same. I am a firm believer of listening to your body and watching your results --- if you are losing, keep doing what you are doing -- if you are stuck or stalled, try to change something up.

Last edited by Avalon1957; 05-15-2015 at 01:44 PM.
Old 05-15-2015, 06:57 AM   #171  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
Alexandra- OMG Girl!! You. Lost. 100 lbs. You are just amazing and are on fire!

Sue - GL at DH's dr appt today. Thinking good thoughts for you guys. And with regards to basics, you can do it!! I hear you on the hunger. I may or may not have eaten a pickle around 10pm last night. we are getting so close. You can see the finish line. Just keep with it! (Talking to myself too ),

My dad is coming to visit today. Looking forward to seeing him. Know the kids are excited too. First evening this week I don't have an after work commitment (other than get steps in) so it will be nice to spend time with the fam.

Down another 2.5 lbs this morning (lost 3 yesterday) so the water retention after my cheat is going away but I am still a couple pounds above where I was last Fri. Glad I am not starting to phase off Mon like my coach originally planned. Maybe some of my pants will feel better today.

Hope everyone have a great day!!
Great job and enjoy your visit with Dad!

Quote:
Just returned from my day of doc appts, ending with my WI which I was able to go in for at 4:30p ET instead of my usual 6pm.

Good news - a relative woosh of 4 lbs down for a total of 79.2 since my start on IP! This is .8 lb below where I was the day before I left for the CA trip (April 30). Now if I can behave and choose my foods smartly I can proceed toward the 150's to my desired goal of 150.

I saw my internist late this morning, and the drawing of blood was the usual not fun experience -- my veins are deep set and they roll around. And I seem to have a lot of scar tissue in the usual bend of the elbow area, so there is a tendency for the tech to want to go to the back of my hand.... so much more painful. I have to confess that I really hate needles.

But - we are doing the usual blood panel and we are checking Thyroid and Vitamin D. My results last year were in the good range for everything - blood sugar, cholesterol overall (good could be higher, bad could be lower, but in the normal range) with Triglycerides as the only thing on the border.
Overall the doc sees me as being in very good health, and he is very proud of my weight loss. After lots of good feedback from him, he announced he is leaving the medical profession! Horrors.... For now, we'll switch to seeing his partner of many years from the same practice (actually his internist, too, as it turns out). Big trauma for DH who has been seeing this doc for 30+ years, since he first came out of residency.

I may have to find another internist for my longer term care - one that is younger and someone I can relate to better than the partner. Maybe a woman.... I am taking recommendations from anyone in the DC metro area....

Meanwhile... I took a quick photo before I went to WI today and thought I might post it here as a shot of progress to date, and then maybe switch my profile photo. Let's see what I can do with it using 3FC attachment tools.... I don't know how you guys have aligned an older photo with a newer one so that you see the side by side comparison... maybe someone will share some tips with me?
You look fantastic! I really need to do a side by side myself...going to see if I can get that suggested ap to work LOL...Sorry about your Dr. I hate Dr.'s at the moment LOL..

Dr yesterday is doing surgery on DH next week. They are taking out part of the effected rib that is hopefully the easiest to get to...Looks like for now no overnight in hospital, but if the lesion is deeper than anticipated or there are the slighest of complications it will be chest tube and hospital stay over night. He is scheduled for next friday at 8am. I need to make sure I have enough food with me for the day..what was supposed to be a quick 30 minute consultation turned into the pre admission testing at the hospital too and took me away from my scheduled breakfast...I was starving and way past my 8:30 pancake when we got home at 10! And then I was stress picking all day... Fortunatley only IP products but way over what I should have had.... Oh and there may have been a jar of pickles involved in my binge too LOL.... OK today is a new day and I am back on track....WOW that really threw me off. Not only the stress of it all but the missing of a meal. Really gets you in tune with how your body functions. The only plus side was my Aria showed a loss this am...either my body needed a binge or it will catch up tomorrow...
Old 05-15-2015, 08:14 AM   #172  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

One, you look fantastic You can also check out frame magic, that's the one I use. Not sure if one is better than the other.

3bigdogs, I think the 80% is from an older protocol and they changed it to 100%, probably because of the anticipated gain from your glycogen stores replenishing. I only lost 1lb during phase 2 and 3, but I was exercising and my losses had already slowed at that point.

Sue, I hope things go well with your husband's surgery, you are both in our thoughts.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Stay strong and OP!
Old 05-15-2015, 12:18 PM   #173  
Started 2/12/2015

Sue Best wishes to your family, hope all goes well.

Determined & Alexandra Thanks for the help. It is probably a much better idea to reach goal and then go to next phases. Phase 2 doesn't sound so different from P1 so I'm anxious to get that over with. I'm getting too much fat, probably from the quest bar I'm eating. I've been stubborn about giving that up.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:02 PM   #174  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3bigdogs View Post
Sue Best wishes to your family, hope all goes well.

Determined & Alexandra Thanks for the help. It is probably a much better idea to reach goal and then go to next phases. Phase 2 doesn't sound so different from P1 so I'm anxious to get that over with. I'm getting too much fat, probably from the quest bar I'm eating. I've been stubborn about giving that up.
Mary I agree with their input - if you actually want to reach a certain goal, and can do it now, best to do it now. It's not easy to go lower once you go into P4. I did drop a few lbs during P2/P3 but then they came back within a few weeks on for whatever reason - glycogen, muscle building from working out, etc.
I do fluctuate about 4 lbs below and above my goal, both for hormones and muscle changes and also just eating extra and then correcting it, and I personally couldn't have gone any lower than goal, but if I needed to it would be much harder to do it now without rebooting.
Also I think mentally it's not healthy to complete something but not really complete it. It's taking me quite a bit of work to get out of the "diet" mentality on P4 and not keep trying to lose 5 lbs, and actually I'm not even there yet. That part of P4 is taking work for me.

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 05-15-2015 at 04:00 PM.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:51 PM   #175  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon1957 View Post
OneUh2, fantastic 4 pound whoosh! I love that kind of news. Tremendous change in your photos too! You must be so proud of yourself. Below is a resized before and after of your two photos. I tried to scale the height one-to-one so the 2 pictures have the same aspect ratio and can be directly compared. It's pretty close. Just download this photo to your computer (by right mouse clicking on it) and then you'll have it for use in your profile. (By the way, I find it cute that even your "camera" shrunk from your before to your after. Everything is shrinking!)

thanks hugely, Alexandra!!!! I could not even find a downloadable version of the profile picture -- I really need to bone up on digital photo stuff - I can do anything in Word and a lot in Excel but the digital photo stuff is still a mystery to me.

The switch from IPad to IPhone to take the new photo was a function of what was at hand - but how cool of you to notice the attendant re-sizing!!!

I pulled a pair of size 20 jeans out of the closet of many sizes today to add to my consignment pile - I cannot get over how huge they are -- too big for the width of the pants hanger.... I could almost do one of those pix holding the pants I used to wear....
Old 05-15-2015, 01:58 PM   #176  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Great job and enjoy your visit with Dad!

You look fantastic! I really need to do a side by side myself...going to see if I can get that suggested ap to work LOL...Sorry about your Dr. I hate Dr.'s at the moment LOL..

Dr yesterday is doing surgery on DH next week. They are taking out part of the effected rib that is hopefully the easiest to get to...Looks like for now no overnight in hospital, but if the lesion is deeper than anticipated or there are the slighest of complications it will be chest tube and hospital stay over night. He is scheduled for next friday at 8am. I need to make sure I have enough food with me for the day..what was supposed to be a quick 30 minute consultation turned into the pre admission testing at the hospital too and took me away from my scheduled breakfast...I was starving and way past my 8:30 pancake when we got home at 10! And then I was stress picking all day... Fortunatley only IP products but way over what I should have had.... Oh and there may have been a jar of pickles involved in my binge too LOL.... OK today is a new day and I am back on track....WOW that really threw me off. Not only the stress of it all but the missing of a meal. Really gets you in tune with how your body functions. The only plus side was my Aria showed a loss this am...either my body needed a binge or it will catch up tomorrow...
Thanks for the kind remarks, Sue - and we would all love to see the in progress new you when you get a chance to take some pix.

I am sure that there is a high pitched stress level in your atmosphere with the latest plans for your DH -- on one hand, the surgery is coming up fast, but on the other hand, you will not have to hang out in anticipation too long. It's a real 'rock between a hard place' situation.
You and hubby will be in my thoughts and prayers for No Complications and a smooth experience all around.
Old 05-15-2015, 02:01 PM   #177  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

oneuh2, you look fantastic!!!!!
Old 05-15-2015, 02:10 PM   #178  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon1957 View Post
Great progress! Getting a 3+ pounds loss so late in the program is fantastic. And you are so close to goal! Congratulations.

I did a rough calculation of the IP Phase 1 numbers. On strict Phase 1, your protein should be about 100 to 105 grams per day (It actually depends a bit on what food and packet choices you make, but that number is probably accurate to within 5 to 10%). Your total fat will probably fall in the 25g per day area (again that's prob accurate to within about 5 to 10% depending on your exact packet, food, and oil choices).

I am not exactly sure of when one should go to Phase 2 (generally speaking), but what you wrote sounds about right. P2 is actually not that different from P1, you are just eating a few more calories and carbs, but the foods are roughly the same.

I have sort of been on Phase 2 myself (perhaps the whole time I've been dieting?) However I am very tall and I've been exercising my @ss off! So I probably have more of a burn rate. I was concerned that at 6'3" and a starting weight in the 300's that the strict IP P1 calorie total of 800 was just too low for me and might put me in starvation mode -- so I've been bumped up on total cals from the beginning. Some of it is trial and error, trying to figure out what works best for you and your body -- none of us are built the same. I am a firm believer of listening to your body and watching your results --- if you are losing, keep doing what you are doing -- if you are stuck or stalled, try to change something up.

I did a quick review of JJTx's food plan per her MFP diary for last week - she lost 5lbs, I just had to compare her intake to mine.... Her daily averages that week were:
43.50 grams Carbs,
17.00 grams Fat, and
109.00 grams protein.
Total calories averaged 763 per day.

My intake was notably more carbs and fat, similar protein, and about 200-250 more calories per day. Quest bars as my restricted and too days with both the IP Sea Salt and Vinegar crisps and the Maple Oatmeal selected as my packets. I am backing off to more of the puddings and drinks and fewer quest bars (alternating days for those, I think). This may help my losses at this close to goal time.
Old 05-15-2015, 03:51 PM   #179  
Started 2/12/2015

Oh my gosh Amber, it makes so much sense hearing you put it that way. "Do it now" was definitely what I needed to hear. It won't be easier later. Good advice.

S/C/G: 190/155/150. Began 2/12/15
Old 05-15-2015, 04:07 PM   #180  

Quote:
thanks hugely, Alexandra!!!! I could not even find a downloadable version of the profile picture -- I really need to bone up on digital photo stuff - I can do anything in Word and a lot in Excel but the digital photo stuff is still a mystery to me.

The switch from IPad to IPhone to take the new photo was a function of what was at hand - but how cool of you to notice the attendant re-sizing!!!

I pulled a pair of size 20 jeans out of the closet of many sizes today to add to my consignment pile - I cannot get over how huge they are -- too big for the width of the pants hanger.... I could almost do one of those pix holding the pants I used to wear....
OneUh you look fantastic, and may I say just from an outsider looking at one photo, you look very healthy and not at all "needing" to lose more, but everyone kept telling me the same thing when I was 10lbs away from my personal goal, so take it with a grain of salt. I think it was nice for me to start getting in the mindset though that I was no longer overweight or unhealthy, and the last 10 lbs for me was a decision, not a need.

I also like the smaller phone vs. ipad, it's sweet. Like both of you are a mini-me of the original version.

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 05-15-2015 at 04:07 PM.
Closed Thread