Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 12:31 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Happy Birthday Avalon!

Good afternoon to my favorite IP Peeps. Sorry I have been so absent lately. I have been reading everyone’s great accomplishments and cheering you along! May is always such a crazy month for our family. School and sports are wrapping up for the year. DS and my birthdays, Mother’s Day… the list goes on. It has been wet and rainy but we are safe and sound. Thanks Briael for asking after us.

My IP coach encouraged me to take a bday cheat day which I saved for this last weekend as my DH had planned a little dinner and night out with friends. The one day turned into lunch one day and dinner the next as my dept at work wanted to take me out and my DH’s dinner was Sat night. Bad idea to spread the celebration out as the 2 meals turned into much snacking before and after on both days.

I went in for my body assessment at my new gym Sunday. Good grief, I am so out of shape. They guy took it really easy on my but I can still hardly move two days later. My core is crap right now.
My IP coach wants me to put off strength training until June and just focus on walking right now. What do you guys think if I am strictly following P1? Honestly, it will be difficult to fit in training sessions until then anyway. Seems like every evening is booked for the next couple weeks.

At any rate, I was up 7.2lbs yesterday at WI (6.4 of it is water). Eek! I talked to my IP coach and told her I felt strongly about reaching 150 as my goal and she agreed to extend P1 through the end of May. There will be NO MORE cheat days between now and then. I need to break 160 and get as far away from it as possible. I was even thinking of going back to my therapist for a couple visits to get me through phasing off. I almost wonder if I am starting to self sabotage to keep from moving forward to P2. I’ve been able to stick with P1 without issues for nearly a year…now all of a sudden I can’t go a week without a cheat. It is just bad timing or am I scared? Either way my pants are snug today and I don’t like it.

Oh and no pantyhose wearer here. I live in CenTX people, it is freaking HOT here.
Old 05-12-2015, 12:47 PM   #137  

CenTX I can relate to everything you are moving through. Was very similar for me. Had my first starving/desire to binge episodes about once a week for the last six weeks I was on P1. I stayed on P1 too long but I wanted to make sure I was done. That last 6 weeks was pretty miserable, to be honest.

I know others will tell you differently, but I held off on strength training until a week after I was into P4. That was just my intuition for my particular body. I did exercise very regularly during P1 - hot yoga and an hour of brisk walking, sometimes both on the days I had time. But I was already doing that prior to P1, so it's didn't build any extra muscle, the muscle was already there and I was just maintaining it.
Prior to P1 I was also doing quite a bit of strength training but I stopped that for the year I was on P1.
My coach told me I could do strength training after the first 6 to 8 weeks of P1 if I wanted, and they would help me adjust the protocol as needed, but my hit was I either couldn't or just didn't want to do anything beyond what I was doing during that year.

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 05-12-2015 at 12:50 PM.
Old 05-12-2015, 01:16 PM   #138  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon1957 View Post
Briael, thanks for the Happy Birthday wishes! Best birthday present ever is being at my lightest weight in 13 years (since 2002).
Wooooot on the lowest weight, Alexandra, that's wonderful news! Congrats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post

My IP coach encouraged me to take a bday cheat day which I saved for this last weekend as my DH had planned a little dinner and night out with friends. The one day turned into lunch one day and dinner the next as my dept at work wanted to take me out and my DH’s dinner was Sat night. Bad idea to spread the celebration out as the 2 meals turned into much snacking before and after on both days.

I went in for my body assessment at my new gym Sunday. Good grief, I am so out of shape. They guy took it really easy on my but I can still hardly move two days later. My core is crap right now.
My IP coach wants me to put off strength training until June and just focus on walking right now. What do you guys think if I am strictly following P1? Honestly, it will be difficult to fit in training sessions until then anyway. Seems like every evening is booked for the next couple weeks.

At any rate, I was up 7.2lbs yesterday at WI (6.4 of it is water). Eek! I talked to my IP coach and told her I felt strongly about reaching 150 as my goal and she agreed to extend P1 through the end of May. There will be NO MORE cheat days between now and then. I need to break 160 and get as far away from it as possible. I was even thinking of going back to my therapist for a couple visits to get me through phasing off. I almost wonder if I am starting to self sabotage to keep from moving forward to P2. I’ve been able to stick with P1 without issues for nearly a year…now all of a sudden I can’t go a week without a cheat. It is just bad timing or am I scared? Either way my pants are snug today and I don’t like it.
It's just water weight, it'll go soon enough. I think the cheating creeps in when you can see the goal line, and you subconsciously feel that it's close enough to get away with something off plan.

Be guided by how you feel, with regard to strength training. If you are being strict P1 and focusing on the finish line then it may be better to delay ST until you're phasing out, rather than put that variable in there - not just the water retention while muscles recover/repair, but also the potential need for an extra packet if you're picking lowest calorie and carb combinations to speed up the loss.

Officially down 100lbs today, on the nose. 255 to 155. A little fluid retention because I (stupidly) took a laxative last night hoping it would have gone through me before my scheduled bod pod (BP) and metabolic testing today, but I'm hoping that I am 154 on the BP (as it's always over a lb difference to my scales). That will bring me into the Normal body weight range AND the moderately lean body fat percentage (at 28.7 at home, so probably 26.5 on BP measure). Just in time for my trip!

Hoping everyone's doing well today and the weather plays a little nicer for those suffering storms.

Last edited by Briael; 05-12-2015 at 01:19 PM.
Old 05-12-2015, 01:22 PM   #139  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post
Officially down 100lbs today, on the nose. 255 to 155. A little fluid retention because I (stupidly) took a laxative last night hoping it would have gone through me before my scheduled bod pod (BP) and metabolic testing today, but I'm hoping that I am 154 on the BP (as it's always over a lb difference to my scales). That will bring me into the Normal body weight range AND the moderately lean body fat percentage (at 28.7 at home, so probably 26.5 on BP measure). Just in time for my trip!
:
:
:
:

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 05-12-2015 at 01:26 PM.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:30 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Quote:

Officially down 100lbs today, on the nose. 255 to 155.
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats, you've definitely earned it!!
Old 05-12-2015, 02:54 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Congratulations Amanda!!!
Old 05-12-2015, 04:34 PM   #142  

Briael You are a Rockstar! WTG Girl!! OMG, I am soooo happy for you.

Old 05-12-2015, 09:40 PM   #143  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

It's been your day, Alexandra!!!

and..... for you, Amanda - TAH DAH!!!!!

Old 05-13-2015, 12:07 AM   #144  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

Amanda, you go girl !!!

(Thanks to everyone for all the Happy Birthday wishes yesterday, May 12th! I was very touched.)

Last edited by Avalon1957; 05-13-2015 at 12:29 AM.
Old 05-13-2015, 06:39 AM   #145  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
Happy Birthday Avalon!

Good afternoon to my favorite IP Peeps. Sorry I have been so absent lately. I have been reading everyone’s great accomplishments and cheering you along! May is always such a crazy month for our family. School and sports are wrapping up for the year. DS and my birthdays, Mother’s Day… the list goes on. It has been wet and rainy but we are safe and sound. Thanks Briael for asking after us.

Oh and no pantyhose wearer here. I live in CenTX people, it is freaking HOT here.
Good to see you and know that your safe....you will get that weight off in no time....you will sweat it out in that texas heat LOL..

Quote:

Hoping everyone's doing well today and the weather plays a little nicer for those suffering storms.
I am so happy for you....

Avalon ~ Hope you had a great day...

Off to a meeting this AM...WI Yesterday and I stayed the same..Happy cause that was my normal uptic week and my Aria had me down this AM anyway.LOL..I like having the Aria and that keeping me on track..that snapshot in the AM keeps me going thru the day. Oh and also I am obsessed with seeing that I am in Onederland...LOL Sorry it sounds nuts but I still cannot believe it LOL
Old 05-13-2015, 11:14 AM   #146  

Good morning all! Another wet day in Central Texas, but I got into my office just in time before it started coming down again!

WI this morning and I guess "back to basics" week was what I needed, I dropped 5 pounds total, and gained 2 pounds of muscle! It's a measurement week too, and I'm down about 5 inches overall from 3 weeks ago.

So we're sticking with mostly basics again this week, although I can add things back in sporadically if I want to. When I talked to my coach about wanting sweets, she did two things. First, there's this IP raspberry chocolate bar that comes in bite-sized sections - you can eat one per day and it doesn't count. And two...

Amanda (and anyone else!) - here's your google of the day: Gymnema
Has anyone heard of this? You take it for a day or two and it kills your sweet tooth. My coach had me suck on one for a couple of minutes before swallowing (it tasted like a bitter tea bag), then she gave me a piece of chocolate - which I spit out!

Alexandra - happy late birthday!! (sorry I didn't pick up on that yesterday) Hope you enjoyed it

Sue - congrats on no uptick!! I did the week after I hit Onederland so I was hoping you wouldn't
Old 05-13-2015, 02:17 PM   #147  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
Good morning all! Another wet day in Central Texas, but I got into my office just in time before it started coming down again!

WI this morning and I guess "back to basics" week was what I needed, I dropped 5 pounds total, and gained 2 pounds of muscle! It's a measurement week too, and I'm down about 5 inches overall from 3 weeks ago.

So we're sticking with mostly basics again this week, although I can add things back in sporadically if I want to. When I talked to my coach about wanting sweets, she did two things. First, there's this IP raspberry chocolate bar that comes in bite-sized sections - you can eat one per day and it doesn't count. And two...

Amanda (and anyone else!) - here's your google of the day: Gymnema
Has anyone heard of this? You take it for a day or two and it kills your sweet tooth. My coach had me suck on one for a couple of minutes before swallowing (it tasted like a bitter tea bag), then she gave me a piece of chocolate - which I spit out!

Alexandra - happy late birthday!! (sorry I didn't pick up on that yesterday) Hope you enjoyed it

Sue - congrats on no uptick!! I did the week after I hit Onederland so I was hoping you wouldn't
Wow - another big loss week for you, Jen - Fabulous!!!

I was reviewing your back to basics week food diary in MFP and note the following - tell me if I have mis-read your menus...
  • No restricteds -- drink mixes, soups, and puddings seem to comprise most of your IP foods, plus some IP Rasp Jelly
  • Total calories under 900 everyday - some in the 700's some in the 800's
  • One salad of unlimited veggies at lunch, none at dinner
  • 2 C of veggies at dinner, none other than the mostly unlimited item salad at lunch

I know that I am at or just over 1000 calories every day, and I have a large unlimited salad at lunch and dinner.... and I have the 2 cups of cooked veggies at lunch and at dinner. This is the primary source of additonal calories when I compare my usual menus to yours. Plus the additional cals and carbs in restricted items that I have everyday.

I have looked to compare cause I am going to try to apply your 'basics' rules to my food plan for the coming week and see if I can replicate at least some of your loss and maybe get into the 150's... right now, I must be eating in a mode that's essentially a good maintenance plan for me.... given my current weight and activity level.

Tell me if I have missed anything major here....

Speaking of activity level - I know that you have been doing regular exercise/activity and I have not - I dance a few times a week, but no fitness walking or other aerobic or strength training regularly. I know it is past time for me to that.... And I have no good reason not to do it.... except that I really hate showering and dressing more than once a day.... aaargh... I have to get up early and exercise, then shower and dress for work and the rest of the day...... I know you all must be rolling your eyes and saying "Really? After 9 mos of no fruit, dairy, or starch and low cal on IP, a daily morning routine seems like too much?"

Now this gymnema thing sounds like something I could benefit from... My other un-tracked food item is Stevia... I am sure I have too much of it, and it's not helping my ongoing addiction to sweet... I cannot wait to hear the discussion on the potential of this new ingredient we might add to our eatting mgmt journey.

Sue - glad you are enjoying your Aria... the fractions up and down may seem like a bit too much info at first, but you will get used to it. So glad you are seeing no 200's on that digital display!!!

Briael - you should still be celebrating the 100 lb mile marker! So proud of you!!!!

CenTxChk - I am SOOOO in this with you -- you keep posting the same stuff that the little voice in my head keeps saying... Hang in - We can do this!!!!

love all you guys --
Old 05-13-2015, 02:37 PM   #148  

Happy wet Wednesday! Raining cats and dogs here today which makes for fun commuting and getting kids to sports. While I was a road warrior the last few months helping my dad with my mom, now my husband is off to help his mom start packing so she can move into assisted living. Hoping his drive is uneventful in this weather. It never ends people.

JJTX – 5 lbs!! Holy moly, that is incredible!! Back to basics works for you.

Down 3lbs on my aria this morning but still up from last week. Been 100% since Sun but still feeling the sugar cravings. Work has been tough with all the lunches and goodies everywhere. My coach says ketosis takes 5 days so I’m hoping by tomorrow those cravings should start going away. I am committed to no cheats between now and maintenance but it is getting really HARD. G4H, I think your totally right that our bodies start sending messages that they are ready to move on. I need to keep marinating in those thoughts and get myself mentally ready to move to P2. 19 days until P2…or sooner if I decide I can’t wait!

Well, I updated my goal weight from 140 to 150. Heck, I’ll be lucky if I can hit that by June but I think I am psyching myself up for moving to P2. Planning to head to the gym tonight for treadmill fun. I may check out a couple weight machines but am going to take it easy on the strength training.

Oh, and we are booking a beach getaway for this summer….getting bathing suit ready has now taken on a whole new meaning!!
Old 05-13-2015, 03:03 PM   #149  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Wow - another big loss week for you, Jen - Fabulous!!!

I was reviewing your back to basics week food diary in MFP and note the following - tell me if I have mis-read your menus...
  • No restricteds -- drink mixes, soups, and puddings seem to comprise most of your IP foods, plus some IP Rasp Jelly
  • Total calories under 900 everyday - some in the 700's some in the 800's
  • One salad of unlimited veggies at lunch, none at dinner
  • 2 C of veggies at dinner, none other than the mostly unlimited item salad at lunch
That sounds about right, although I wasn't supposed to worry about counting calories.

No restricteds, ready-to-drink, or "higher-carb" non restricteds.
3-4 packets per day, 1 was supposed to be soup or pudding (ie. not just 3 drinks per day, or 2 drinks + jello)
If I added a 4th packet, it had to be orange drink or raspberry jello.
Lean proteins only.

Lunch is typically a salad of mostly free veggies, although the other day we had leftover broccoli so I chopped it up in my soup. That's not new, it's what I've normally been eating throughout. For dinner, I try to add more of a vege than just salad.

It's also worth noting that due to weather and time, I have not done any real exercising for a couple of weeks. I got some extra steps in Friday because we were walking around my son's school delivering breakfast, plus I ran errands in the afternoon.

This week, she said I can add in something else, like a restricted, here or there but not every day. I may or may not, because I also have other non restricteds I can sub in too.

Does that help?

Last edited by JJTx; 05-13-2015 at 03:06 PM.
Old 05-13-2015, 03:20 PM   #150  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
That sounds about right, although I wasn't supposed to worry about counting calories.

No restricteds, ready-to-drink, or "higher-carb" non restricteds.
3-4 packets per day, 1 was supposed to be soup or pudding (ie. not just 3 drinks per day, or 2 drinks + jello)
If I added a 4th packet, it had to be orange drink or raspberry jello.
Lean proteins only.

Lunch is typically a salad of mostly free veggies, although the other day we had leftover broccoli so I chopped it up in my soup. That's not new, it's what I've normally been eating throughout. For dinner, I try to add more of a vege than just salad.

It's also worth noting that due to weather and time, I have not done any real exercising for a couple of weeks. I got some extra steps in Friday because we were walking around my son's school delivering breakfast, plus I ran errands in the afternoon.

This week, she said I can add in something else, like a restricted, here or there but not every day. I may or may not, because I also have other non restricteds I can sub in too.

Does that help?
Yes - it's pretty clear -- I forgot to mention your water intake which is admirable! At least one day you had 12 cups of H2O!!! I have to remind myself often, and my tendency is to want to drink more coffee, which makes extra water even more important.

OK - I will see if your postings are channeling your new great coach well enough for me... I am in as of lunch today, and we'll see how it goes!

And... quick feedback per WebMD re the Gymnema:

Gymnema is a woody climbing shrub native to India and Africa. The leaves are used to make medicine. Gymnema has a long history of use in India’s Ayurvedic medicine. The Hindi name, gurmar, means "destroyer of sugar."

Today, gymnema is used for diabetes, metabolic syndrome, weight loss, and cough. It is also used for malaria and as a snake bite antidote, digestive stimulant, laxative, appetite suppressant, and diuretic.

How does it work?
Gymnema contains substances that decrease the absorption of sugar from the intestine. Gymnema may also increase the amount of insulin in the body and increase the growth of cells in the pancreas, which is the place in the body where insulin is made.

Gymnema is POSSIBLY SAFE when used appropriately for up to 20 months.

Special Precautions & Warnings:
Pregnancy and breast-feeding: There is not enough reliable information about the safety of taking gymnema if you are pregnant or breast feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.

Diabetes: Gymnema can affect blood sugar levels in people with diabetes. Watch for signs of low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) and monitor your blood sugar carefully if you have diabetes and use gymnema.

Surgery: Gymnema might affect blood sugar levels and could interfere with blood sugar control during and after surgical procedures. Stop using gymnema at least 2 weeks before a scheduled surgery.

Last edited by oneuh2; 05-13-2015 at 03:26 PM.
Closed Thread