Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 08:59 PM   #76  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
Hi oneuh, hope you don't mind an outsider adding her 2cents...first thing is WOW you sure fought the good fight, and WOW your off program wasn't stale donuts, it was to-die-for food (I enjoyed every bite vicariously ). Good that you are ready to get back on track, too. Just go forward and don't worry about the trip now.

My 2 cents is 2 things. 1) Sometime eating off program actually fires up the metabolic furnace. Once you lose the water weight of the rich food, you may burn the rest off quite fast, and then some, once you are back on P1.

2. After being on a diet as restrictive as IP, it is a well-documented reaction to go off the rails when energy-dense food is available. It doesn't mean your old habits have returned. It's the hard wired survival instinct urging you to grab the quickest, richest energy you can in anticipation of the next 'famine'. You have built some solid habits in IP & your fat burning enzymes are still there.
Thanks for the thoughtful response, Mars -- as you say - the calories and carbs were not wasted on mediocre foods. And I do hope that this stokes my furnace a bit - I have been hovering within the same 5 lb range, up and down, for weeks. Maybe this will break the pattern. We'll have to wait and see.
Old 05-06-2015, 10:46 PM   #77  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Alexandra - Talking of "healthy pizza" ... Clean Eating mag has a recipe for a cauli-base pizza with fresh tomato, onion, mushroom, peppers and spiced chicken. When I find it again (I have too many CE mags laying around in bathrooms! LOL) I'll come back and post it.

Edit: Foundthis recipe instead - low carb pizza at 272 cals a slice using cauli-base.

Last edited by Briael; 05-06-2015 at 11:32 PM.
Old 05-06-2015, 11:20 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

One - My heart goes out to you!! I almost think it's easier to go on a vacation type trip and plan to go off plan rather than plan to be OP and "fall off the wagon" and just beat ourselves up. I took a week off IP last summer on vacation. There was no guilt after gaining SEVEN pounds. I go to my mom's funeral, screw up one day, gain 2.5 lbs and beat myself up for days.

Girl, this is life. We have to learn to pick ourselves up and dust off our boots. Our food issues are not like smokers or alcoholics. Once clean, they can go through life without having to touch another drink or smoke. We HAVE to eat. We will constantly have to make decisions to eat in moderation or turn down food.

Today was my birthday and it was an OP day. Didn't even miss not getting a cake or cheat. Got my Les Mill Body Pump set and a new 24oz tervis cup to help get all of my water in.

DH found a photo from my birthday last year. Wow, what a change!! Cheat or no cheat, you can't argue with IP results. The best gift I ever gave myself was doing IP and coming here for support.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (36.1 KB, 31 views)

Last edited by CenTXChk; 05-06-2015 at 11:21 PM.
Old 05-06-2015, 11:31 PM   #79  
Reboot 11 June 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post

Today was my birthday and it was an OP day. Didn't even miss not getting a cake or cheat. Got my Les Mill Body Pump set and a new 24oz tervis cup to help get all of my water in.

DH found a photo from my birthday last year. Wow, what a change!! Cheat or no cheat, you can't argue with IP results. The best gift I ever gave myself was doing IP and coming here for support.
Happy birthday, CenTX, sounds like you had a healthy birthday - the first of many to come!

Love, love, love the pic - who's that hot girl in the short skirt ?? Woot woot!
Old 05-06-2015, 11:37 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

CenTx -- you look amazing! What a strong woman you are for being here and caring for yourself. Kudos to you and happy birthday also, but so so sorry for your loss -- have been following your travails....

Last edited by Mimi47; 05-06-2015 at 11:42 PM.
Old 05-06-2015, 11:38 PM   #81  
oneuh2

Quote:
One - My heart goes out to you!! I almost think it's easier to go on a vacation type trip and plan to go off plan rather than plan to be OP and "fall off the wagon" and just beat ourselves up. I took a week off IP last summer on vacation. There was no guilt after gaining SEVEN pounds. I go to my mom's funeral, screw up one day, gain 2.5 lbs and beat myself up for days.

Girl, this is life. We have to learn to pick ourselves up and dust off our boots. Our food issues are not like smokers or alcoholics. Once clean, they can go through life without having to touch another drink or smoke. We HAVE to eat. We will constantly have to make decisions to eat in moderation or turn down food.

Happy Happy Birthday, CenTXChk!!!!

Your progress pics are spectacular!!! You look so slender - and I bet any money that you feel much better this year on your birthday than you felt last year!!! And what a good girl you are to stay OP today!

Thanks for the supporting remarks regarding my cheat weekend - I feel like you and I are so much alike in our relationship with food. I am really not beating myself up anymore about my cheats -- that ended when I woke up this morning and got back in the saddle, and I felt a weight lifted after I posted my confession here on 3FC.

I have had a good day on program today, and that's all I need to do each day. Tomorrow is my official WI, so we will see how that goes.... I am really trying to focus on water intake, as I think that will help flush out some of the extra pounds. And then it's a matter of keeping on keeping on. I am planning to go dance on Friday nite and see if I cannot start a walking program for these work at home days where I sit in a chair all day. That's about the best I can do at this point, and it should lead to good results.

Who can ask for more?
Old 05-07-2015, 06:52 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Quote:

You look fantastic! You shoud be so proud of yourself...What an awsome birthday gift to yourself a great new photo in a short skirt! Happy Belated BD...

One~ A little something for you to get back on track...confession is half the issue. You have realized what you have done...accepted and moved on. The rest of your journey will be smooth sailing right to goal....

So the test of strenght today I am off to buy all the dessert items for our PTSA Teacher Appreciation Dessert day tomorrow at my son's school...There are over 150 teachers and I have parents dropping stuff at the house and I am purchasing from Resturant Depo and BJ's. So this stuff will be in the house all night....Honestly I am not tempted by any baked items, but one parent is bringing chocolate covered strawberries....those may have to hide in the garage fridge.....that is one of my favorites.

DS is home sick again today with Strep throat...he was feeling better last night but I dont want him to push it. He has AP testing tomorrow so I want him better for that. He is mad he is missing a golf match, but oh well...Mom knows best LOL...
Old 05-07-2015, 10:34 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

CenTxChk - happy birthday!!! Glad you enjoyed your day, and congrats on staying OP!

Sue - I'm feeling your PTA pain! I picked up goodies last night for school, and will be helping with teacher breakfast tomorrow. It's definitely worthwhile, our teachers are amazing! (But it was tough in the store with all the Mother's Day treats everywhere!)
Old 05-07-2015, 01:42 PM   #84  

Oneuh you are doing so great

CenTX happy birthday! What a great picture! So lovely.

Sue I still love your quote "you get what you work for not what you wish for".

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 05-08-2015 at 02:09 AM.
Old 05-07-2015, 02:05 PM   #85  
oneuh2

Thanks to ALL for support - my final confessional is to go to my official IP weigh in at 6pm today - I was up another pound on the home scale today, despite following OP yesterday and drinking plenty of water. The Aria scale read 165.2 lbs - - will report official actual later this evening and update my ticker.

Amanda -- I just was perusing the What are you eating today IPeeps? thread and saw in your plan the following:
Cauli-pizza base with egg, mushrooms, onions, peppers, chicken with cayenne and garlic pepper (Making this for the first time, so wish me luck!)
Please report on results, and if good, pls share the recipe or the link to it!

ta ta for now....

Last edited by oneuh2; 05-07-2015 at 02:27 PM.
Old 05-07-2015, 02:37 PM   #86  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post
Alexandra - Talking of "healthy pizza" ... Clean Eating mag has a recipe for a cauli-base pizza with fresh tomato, onion, mushroom, peppers and spiced chicken. When I find it again (I have too many CE mags laying around in bathrooms! LOL) I'll come back and post it.

Edit: Foundthis recipe instead - low carb pizza at 272 cals a slice using cauli-base.
Very cool. And very creative! I might be adventurous enough to try it after I hit goal.

After my cheating fiasco 2 months ago -- I am living on the straight and narrow right now.

I am all focused on my next 10 pounds off ... and getting into the 210's ... maybe sometime in early June????
Old 05-07-2015, 02:42 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Quote:

Getting caught up on all my little household chores before I leave for England next Wednesday. Top of the list - clipping all three kittens' claws (my boys are going to turn 3 while I'm away) because my husband won't go near their paws. Then dosing them all up with Fortiflora to make sure their little bellies are happy and they don't have loose poops for hubby to scoop (as he invariably cuts through it in the tray). This afternoon I've got to hop out to Walmart and cash in my kitty savings jar (funds going to Merlin's Hope Ragdoll Rescue to help with vet bills for the kitties they rescue from shelters and get rehomed) and sorting out the protein powder packages I've promised, picking up litter bags so there is no excuse for hubby to say he couldn't get hold of them and that's why the trays haven't been replaced.

So it's not just my DH that avoids cleaning the litter and doing basic grooming maintenance

Finally, time to pull out the sewing machine this afternoon and make a start on altering at least the yoga pants (from 3X down to a 10) so I'm not surviving on a single pair in England. I can get away with my washing machine going on every day here, but water is metered at home and my sister's a little more conscious of any "excessive" consumption.

I'm still working on my parka (we have a class a week) and I hope that by the time I am done I will be able to alter some of my bigger clothes. Right now I'm stuck on the set in sleeves, I've done them about 4 times each and keep getting puckers!! But I'm a perfectionist and will keep trying until I get it right! And for some reason I decided to add embroidery to it for an extra traditional Labrador touch, which is also something I've never done before. I suppose I'll have it finished just in time for next winter

Figured I'd share a picture of my furbabies as I mentioned them:-

http://s1289.photobucket.com/user/br...tml?sort=3&o=0
I'll have to check at home, stupid blocked domains on the work network! lol

Quote:

Oh, and I don't find homes for kitties. That's already been done long before I get involved. I am just a driver in a chain of volunteers. We pre-arrange when and where we're meeting the driver ahead and the driver to follow and do a kitty (or in many cases KITTIES) handover. If you're interested their website is here or you can find them on Facebook under URRKN, too.

You may only be the driver, but you're helping in a big way and that is fantastic I'm too lame to volunteer, the one time I tried fostering for our local shelter I ended up keeping the dog and we certainly can't afford any more pets!
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
I got off the plane, collected my luggage, hooked up with my DH who had come to pick me up at the airport, and got home about 1AM. I dragged my bags upstairs and unpacked most of my stuff... noticing throughout that I was feeling increasingly miserable in the gut..... by the time I laid down to go to sleep, my stomach was feeling truly bad. I could tell that I was not going to be able to hold down the stomach contents.... and within a couple of minutes I ran to bathroom to throw up.

I may not feel the same about a chocolate chip cookie in the future - I had never gotten sick from chocolate before, and it was just as horrible as every other bad case of nausea I have ever had. I tried to focus on the misery of the barfing experience so that I can remember it well, and call that awful feeling up the next time chocolate cravings enter my psyche.

Sorry you were sick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grateful4Health View Post
[B]

I saw Liana recently write something like "rebooting isn't anything to worry about, it's not rebooting that is the issue" (she said it better). I think it's the same in these situations. Everyone makes decisions, esp. on vacation, but it's what we do the day or week after that really is the kicker.

I like that.

CenTXChk - Happy Happy Birthday!! You look fantastic!!
Old 05-07-2015, 08:48 PM   #88  
oneuh2

Official WI this evening showed a 2lb increase over last week - I am grateful to stay within a 2lb uptick for the week. Back to being 15lbs to goal. I know I can do this with a bit of patience.
Old 05-08-2015, 12:41 AM   #89  
Reboot 11 June 2018

Ooops, ended up eating out at hubby's favourite Mexican restaurant and not making the pizza. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get to make it.

Cheryl - glad it was only 2lbs - you'll lose that in no time.
Old 05-08-2015, 06:09 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
CenTxChk - happy birthday!!! Glad you enjoyed your day, and congrats on staying OP!

Sue - I'm feeling your PTA pain! I picked up goodies last night for school, and will be helping with teacher breakfast tomorrow. It's definitely worthwhile, our teachers are amazing! (But it was tough in the store with all the Mother's Day treats everywhere!)
Actually I have $300 worth of desserts stacked in my garage fridge & on my dining room table and the smell of the frosting in the car was making me gag yesterday LOL...I guess my tastes have changed but that big chocolate costco cake smell was making me sick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grateful4Health View Post
Oneuh you are doing so great

CenTX happy birthday! What a great picture! So lovely.

Sue I still love your quote "you get what you work for not what you wish for".
Thanks.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon1957 View Post
Very cool. And very creative! I might be adventurous enough to try it after I hit goal.

After my cheating fiasco 2 months ago -- I am living on the straight and narrow right now.

I am all focused on my next 10 pounds off ... and getting into the 210's ... maybe sometime in early June????
You can do it......

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Official WI this evening showed a 2lb increase over last week - I am grateful to stay within a 2lb uptick for the week. Back to being 15lbs to goal. I know I can do this with a bit of patience.
Not so bad for a blow out LOL

Off to set up the teachers dessert day this AM and then I have a listing appointment at 3 today. Also want to run and use my Khols cash today before it expires on Sunday. Today may be the only chance I get..
Closed Thread