Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 12:27 PM   #196  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

My lunch today! Actually this is basically my lunch and dinner every day. I am kind of on Phase 2 adding a few carrot pieces, green beans, and green and yellow squash to my staple rainbow pepper. Talk about eating a rainbow! Want to know something funny, when I hit that little carrot piece, I feel like I am eating a candy bar. I am so off sugar, that I am just super sensitive to it. I've been eating this since I was about 260 pounds, so I'm down 35 pounds since starting to eat this way.

My (non IP) nutritionist loves it because she says all the colors means you are getting a huge variety of vitamins and minerals.

Last edited by Avalon1957; 05-17-2015 at 12:28 PM.
Old 05-18-2015, 06:33 AM   #197  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Another crazy Monday for me... Have to get out of the house early and get the paperwork I left at my office for my listing appointment this morning then I am in the office this afternoon and have a closing at 2:30. Going to be a busy in the car day....Need to pack my cooler!

Avalon ~nice looking plate! I usually eat the same thing for lunch every day and then switch up my packets.. Kind of a creature of habit, but if works for me.

Tomorrow is WI and the scale is still showing a 1 in front LOL...Actually has not moved all week, but I am ok with that as long as the 1 is holding steady. My sister was over on Saturday for my DS birthday party and she looks horrible. She has gained so much weight, and wears clothes that don't fit. I keep hoping I will motovate her to do something...Ugh....
Old 05-18-2015, 09:01 AM   #198  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Happy Monday my fabulous Summer Starters!! Super excited this morning! Had my best WI to date on IP. Down 10.8 pounds! Of course, this is due to my 7.2 lbs gain last week after my birthday (mostly water gain). But I thought I would be lucky just to get the 7lbs off and get back to the weight I was at the week prior. I will take the 3 extra pounds! Feels good to be in ketosis for more than a couple days…which seems to be the best I’ve been able to do over the last 6 weeks.

I am confirmed to move to P2 on 6/1. My coach will be gone next Monday for Memorial Day so I have 2wks worth of food and 14 days to lose as much as possible before starting to phase off. I will be thrilled if I can get to 150, ecstatic for anything more than that. She said most people tend to continue to lose in P2 but so some will gain back those lbs in P3. I can’t believe the time is coming. All these months of dieting and praying to see it reflected on the scale. I have NEVER been successful on a diet in my life. It is very emotional!

I guess I need to poke my head in on….is there even a P2 thread? Where do I go from here (NOT leaving you ladies BTW)? Slightly stressing about coming up with dishes for lunch and dinner every day. I think I need to start planning some lunch dishes now. My coach said she started out by cooking something for dinner and eating it as leftovers the next day for lunch. Is that the best approach? She also recommended adding chicken breasts to my lunchtime salad. Or tuna. Need to start looking for ideas and get prepared. Will help keep my stress levels down.

Last edited by CenTXChk; 05-18-2015 at 09:05 AM.
Old 05-18-2015, 11:54 AM   #199  
Serial Dieter

Love hearing about your scale victories SG and CenTx !!! Fantastic news! Keep it up.
Old 05-18-2015, 04:42 PM   #200  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

What is in your lunch dish Avalon? Is that sauteed frozen veggies and 6oz chicken?
Old 05-18-2015, 05:02 PM   #201  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

CenTxChk - congrats on getting P2 firmly in your sights!! I know you will work hard over the next couple of weeks so you can start where you want to be!
Old 05-18-2015, 05:30 PM   #202  
Serial Dieter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_6 View Post
What is in your lunch dish Avalon? Is that sauteed frozen veggies and 6oz chicken?
I eat more vegies than specified in IP P1 ... because I am basically P2 now and I am taller than most.

So I weigh out 8 oz of the frozen organic Rainbow Pepper Mix ... then weigh out 3 oz of the frozen organic Mediterranean Mix ... into a glass bowl ... microwave for about 4 minutes.

Then dump in about 4 oz of organic cubed chicken breast. (All those come from Whole Foods grocery -- but any good natural food store would sell them or similar).

I spice it with an Italian Blend, Adobo Rub, and Poultry Seasoning. Then dump in about 2 tsp of fresh pressed Olive Oil. My secret source of great spices and oils is Juliet Mae ... Online ordering at http://www.julietmae.com/categories/spices-herbs.html
Their Olive Oil and Saigon Cinnamon is to die for. I am also addicted to their Italian Blend and Adobo Rub. Fantastic fresh ground and fresh pressed. I can't say enough glowing words about them!

I have to admit that I love frozen organic vegetables -- they changed my life! They are so easy, there is no waste, they just sit there in your freezer until you are ready to eat them ... and actually taste SO MUCH BETTER than fresh. If you're interested ... watch this short video to find out why frozen is better than fresh ...
http://www.wimp.com/freshfrozen/

Last edited by Avalon1957; 05-18-2015 at 05:34 PM.
Old 05-18-2015, 06:00 PM   #203  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Sue - I bet you have had a good day OP - your prep is always so well thought out!
Do try to be patient with your sister - you know from experience that it's awfully hard to take that first step off the path of weight gain and onto a new path to weight loss. I imagine your sister feels pretty miserable much of the time, and then she sees newly-slimmed-down-you, and she feels even worse. She has to find her own way out of the place where she is right now. With any luck, she will consider what you have accomplished, and see the potential for her own success. You are certainly an inspiration to many of us here on 3FC!!!

CenTxChk - wow - spectacular recovery - much quicker than mine was! I am sure I will be at least another 6 weeks getting to my goal of 150. I am hungry.... just ate my way through a whole celery heart, dying for something to gnaw on this afternoon....

For P2 - you only stay on it for a week, I think, and the only change is to have real protein at lunch instead of an IP packet/item. That should be pretty straightforward, although you do have to plan ahead -- with chicken, tuna, eggs, leftover protein from last nite.... I think that during your P2 week the real learning challenge is to figure out how you are going to do P3 with its several changes from the straightforward P1 protocol. The maintainers threads (there are several) seem to be full of ideas for ways to build the daily food plan in compliance with the protocols for P3 and for P4. There is lot's of reading/study to do there!!!! And we know you can do it!!!

Last edited by oneuh2; 05-18-2015 at 06:00 PM.
Old 05-19-2015, 07:06 AM   #204  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
Happy Monday my fabulous Summer Starters!! Super excited this morning! Had my best WI to date on IP. Down 10.8 pounds! Of course, this is due to my 7.2 lbs gain last week after my birthday (mostly water gain). But I thought I would be lucky just to get the 7lbs off and get back to the weight I was at the week prior. I will take the 3 extra pounds! Feels good to be in ketosis for more than a couple days…which seems to be the best I’ve been able to do over the last 6 weeks.

I am confirmed to move to P2 on 6/1. My coach will be gone next Monday for Memorial Day so I have 2wks worth of food and 14 days to lose as much as possible before starting to phase off. I will be thrilled if I can get to 150, ecstatic for anything more than that. She said most people tend to continue to lose in P2 but so some will gain back those lbs in P3. I can’t believe the time is coming. All these months of dieting and praying to see it reflected on the scale. I have NEVER been successful on a diet in my life. It is very emotional!

I guess I need to poke my head in on….is there even a P2 thread? Where do I go from here (NOT leaving you ladies BTW)? Slightly stressing about coming up with dishes for lunch and dinner every day. I think I need to start planning some lunch dishes now. My coach said she started out by cooking something for dinner and eating it as leftovers the next day for lunch. Is that the best approach? She also recommended adding chicken breasts to my lunchtime salad. Or tuna. Need to start looking for ideas and get prepared. Will help keep my stress levels down.
Awsome Job with WI. Seemls like you have gotten right back on track. Being prepared is key. I am actually already thinking about what to bring with me on Friday as I spend the day and maybe even into the night at the hospital with hubby. Who would have ever thougth I would panic about that! But I know the stress of everything could very easily lead me to a vending machine lunch / dinner. I plan on bringing a bag with food in it! Cant get caught off guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Sue - I bet you have had a good day OP - your prep is always so well thought out!
Do try to be patient with your sister - you know from experience that it's awfully hard to take that first step off the path of weight gain and onto a new path to weight loss. I imagine your sister feels pretty miserable much of the time, and then she sees newly-slimmed-down-you, and she feels even worse. She has to find her own way out of the place where she is right now. With any luck, she will consider what you have accomplished, and see the potential for her own success. You are certainly an inspiration to many of us here on 3FC!!!

CenTxChk - wow - spectacular recovery - much quicker than mine was! I am sure I will be at least another 6 weeks getting to my goal of 150. I am hungry.... just ate my way through a whole celery heart, dying for something to gnaw on this afternoon....

For P2 - you only stay on it for a week, I think, and the only change is to have real protein at lunch instead of an IP packet/item. That should be pretty straightforward, although you do have to plan ahead -- with chicken, tuna, eggs, leftover protein from last nite.... I think that during your P2 week the real learning challenge is to figure out how you are going to do P3 with its several changes from the straightforward P1 protocol. The maintainers threads (there are several) seem to be full of ideas for ways to build the daily food plan in compliance with the protocols for P3 and for P4. There is lot's of reading/study to do there!!!! And we know you can do it!!!
you make me blush calling me an IP inspiration To me you are my inspiration.... I envy your dancing skills LOL.. BTW your side by side looks awsome...you were smart enough to do a before and after in the same space LOL... [/COLOR]

WI today....the Aria was kind this AM, but not sure how that will relate to the IP scale...Either way I know I had a good week..

DS's driving test is today at 11:30. I am so nervous for him, but I know he will do his best. Parallel parking it the hardest one for him, but I have a hard time with it too and I have been driving for years LOL...Fingers crossed that he passes...
Old 05-19-2015, 08:32 AM   #205  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning, I am back from a bad (behaviour) long weekend. I spent Sunday and Monday recovering from a hangover. I was not impressed, I rarely drink let alone drink enough to get hungover! I did have a good time though It was my end of season soccer social and then we also had people over to the house...

Sue, what a fantastic transformation, you must feel so proud every time you look in the mirror! Wishing your son GL with his driver's test today

One, I know what you mean about a lift! I feel like I have a couple of deflated balloons now, I'm sure my DH is sick of me sulking about them. But I had really nice ones I'm hoping time will be kind and they will improve a bit, as there is no way surgery would ever be an option.

Avalon, I would throw those clothes away, or have some favorites altered to your goal size. As it's been said, you don't want to make it easy to just throw on a bigger size instead of facing the up lbs and dealing with them before they get out of control. I had the same discussion with my mom this weekend. Between what you have learned with IP and this forum you should have no problem maintaining

CenTXChk, what a great loss! I hope you make it to your goal for P2 I don't remember seeing a thread for P2, but like others have mentioned, it's just adding a meat protein to your lunch instead of a packet. I kept it simple and added my meat to a salad. I used tuna, chicken breast and ham, which probably was a bit high in sodium, but I have limited food choices in my remote area. P2 is definitely the time to start planning for P3, get a few breakfasts figured out. I kept it simple and ate the same thing for breakfast for the two weeks. But you can find a lot of ideas somewhere in this forum Again, I am limited by the foods available here.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 05-19-2015, 12:05 PM   #206  

Down 2 at WI & I have a new licenced driver in the house.....Yeah! Now if only we can get good news about Hubby on Friday it will be a great week!
Old 05-19-2015, 05:27 PM   #207  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Down 2 at WI & I have a new licenced driver in the house.....Yeah! Now if only we can get good news about Hubby on Friday it will be a great week!
Double yay!!!! Prayers for hubby and you - sounds like you are in a good planning mode for the hospital, make sure you pack an extra bar or something yummy/snacky in case you need it!
Old 05-19-2015, 09:17 PM   #208  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Great news, Sue! Stuff happens in 3's so I'm pulling for your 3rd thing to be great results with hubby on Friday - You both will be in my thoughts and prayers! And hey - I bet you could be dancing too if you had the time to go do it! It's easier than you think, and it's very popular in NJ, ya know!!!

DD -- you have managed your limited food choices well, as you have achieved goal and you are dealing with maintaining, day after day. You may have had a weekend with some 'fun' meals, but I'm so glad to see that you had an enjoyable time with good socializing - you have seemed kinda down lately, and while those of us States-side have been enjoying Spring and the advent of Summer, you are still surrounded by winter-like weather that has to be tiresome after these many months. I think it's great that you had a weekend full of life's little pleasures, and I am confident you will get back on the weight maintenance path without much problem.

I had two unexpected situations today - a former co-worker showed up at our office today, for an all day meeting in one of our meeting rooms - he insisted on taking me to lunch, and we ended up in a nearby but unfamiliar restaurant... kind of a Middle Eastern place with salads that had either a chick pea or couscous or hummus kind of topping... I had just chicken and red peppers, but I don't usually have my regular meat and veggie meal at lunch. I went with it, and this evening have had an egg and egg white with some asparagus for dinner. My second unexpected situation involved a glass of wine with another colleague from Denver who is in town and cajoled me into going for a drink. I hope that will not throw me off too terribly, and I am kicking myself for not insisting on an iced tea instead of a glass of wine. These are situations that normally are no problem for me at all, and in both cases, I did not want the 'off program items' at all. How did I let the situations dictate my actions instead of taking control and doing what was best for me? I am so annoyed with myself.

I am doing the best I can between now and this week's WI to get back on track. As it is, I have been a bit bound up for 2 days again... if I can resolve that problem I'll take whatever I get from the scale on Thursday and keep on keeping on into next week.
Old 05-19-2015, 09:47 PM   #209  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Great news, Sue! Stuff happens in 3's so I'm pulling for your 3rd thing to be great results with hubby on Friday - You both will be in my thoughts and prayers! And hey - I bet you could be dancing too if you had the time to go do it! It's easier than you think, and it's very popular in NJ, ya know!!!

DD -- you have managed your limited food choices well, as you have achieved goal and you are dealing with maintaining, day after day. You may have had a weekend with some 'fun' meals, but I'm so glad to see that you had an enjoyable time with good socializing - you have seemed kinda down lately, and while those of us States-side have been enjoying Spring and the advent of Summer, you are still surrounded by winter-like weather that has to be tiresome after these many months. I think it's great that you had a weekend full of life's little pleasures, and I am confident you will get back on the weight maintenance path without much problem.

I had two unexpected situations today - a former co-worker showed up at our office today, for an all day meeting in one of our meeting rooms - he insisted on taking me to lunch, and we ended up in a nearby but unfamiliar restaurant... kind of a Middle Eastern place with salads that had either a chick pea or couscous or hummus kind of topping... I had just chicken and red peppers, but I don't usually have my regular meat and veggie meal at lunch. I went with it, and this evening have had an egg and egg white with some asparagus for dinner. My second unexpected situation involved a glass of wine with another colleague from Denver who is in town and cajoled me into going for a drink. I hope that will not throw me off too terribly, and I am kicking myself for not insisting on an iced tea instead of a glass of wine. These are situations that normally are no problem for me at all, and in both cases, I did not want the 'off program items' at all. How did I let the situations dictate my actions instead of taking control and doing what was best for me? I am so annoyed with myself.

I am doing the best I can between now and this week's WI to get back on track. As it is, I have been a bit bound up for 2 days again... if I can resolve that problem I'll take whatever I get from the scale on Thursday and keep on keeping on into next week.
One - I saw your new picture in your avatar. You look awesome! If it helps at all, I had wine a few times the last month on P1. For me, it didn't cause me to gain. Also, I always had some protein at lunch and lost steadily. It sounds like you compensated well with your dinner.
Old 05-19-2015, 10:48 PM   #210  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasta10 View Post
One - I saw your new picture in your avatar. You look awesome! If it helps at all, I had wine a few times the last month on P1. For me, it didn't cause me to gain. Also, I always had some protein at lunch and lost steadily. It sounds like you compensated well with your dinner.
Thanks, Shasta!!
And I love your new photo too!
Closed Thread