Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 02:06 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdoe View Post
Ok this is odd, I'm finally sticking to the plan 100% for 4 full days now and my scale hasn't moved. How is that even possible?

I have been working out his week, I've been to the gym twice, but certainly haven't done anything to merit muscle weight yet. ;(

I've read some people say your body reacts differently the second go around but this is very odd. I'm taking in 1/2 the calories and fat I was scale has to go down geesh ;(
Okay, you've made a change (now 100% for 4 days) so let your body catch up with what is now going on. Also, if you are working out you will retain water - microinflammation of the muscles from weights. Not that it is a bad thing, but you should just be aware of it. You'll probably have a whoosh by the end of your 1st week at 100%.
Hang in there!
Liana
Old 02-06-2015, 06:20 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 251/208/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Okay, you've made a change (now 100% for 4 days) so let your body catch up with what is now going on. Also, if you are working out you will retain water - microinflammation of the muscles from weights. Not that it is a bad thing, but you should just be aware of it. You'll probably have a whoosh by the end of your 1st week at 100%.
Hang in there!
Liana
Thank you for the encouragement, I have gone down but only a couple lbs. I'm eating to much, allowed food but to much of it. But you just explained for me why the scale is up a lb from yesterday after working out. I didn't realize I retain water after working out That's usually the weight I lose the first week water that would explain why it's only a couple lbs. I lost 2 inches at my weigh in Monday though. So I'm hoping to stick 100% the next 3 days only eating amt allowed and hoping to see at least 4 lbs total before this Monday weigh in thanks again
Old 02-06-2015, 06:36 AM   #153  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

I finally got back on plan on Monday. Before that I had lost about 10 pounds in my reboot but I was back up to 165.6 on Monday. I can't tell you how fast I jumped off the scale that morning! Much was water weight though since as of yesterday I was back down to 160. Managed to stay OP for 3 days and have it all ready for today. I am coming up on a year since I started IP with a goal to be back at the weight where I phased off. Still deciding if I will go lower.
Old 02-06-2015, 07:09 AM   #154  

S/C/G: 251/208/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
I finally got back on plan on Monday. Before that I had lost about 10 pounds in my reboot but I was back up to 165.6 on Monday. I can't tell you how fast I jumped off the scale that morning! Much was water weight though since as of yesterday I was back down to 160. Managed to stay OP for 3 days and have it all ready for today. I am coming up on a year since I started IP with a goal to be back at the weight where I phased off. Still deciding if I will go lower.
Congrats Chip on the successful days
Old 02-07-2015, 02:11 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 235/220/150

Height: 5 2

Smile New to the group

Hello! I started January 19th. Looking for some support and encouragement as we go, and maybe some helpful tips, too! Good luck everyone!
Old 02-07-2015, 02:40 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 202/168/160

Welcome jdf1973. January 19th was my start date also. Reading posts daily helps me to stay motivated and encouraged. Your weightloss so far is great. So far I am really loving this program. The first week was rough but now I feel so much better. My coach tells me to try new recipes and not eat the same things all the time to keep from getting burned out.

We can do this.
Old 02-08-2015, 08:27 PM   #157  
Started IP 1/9/2015

S/C/G: 237/140/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arobed View Post
Hi
I'm sure all of us January starters will be reaching the one month mark soon. I started IP on Jan 5th so I am considering this my one month mark with being 100% on the plan. I have lost 19 pounds. I think we all need to give ourselves credit for reaching this point. I think now I'm starting to feel more in sync with the plan and not feel so restricted and wishing I could eat other things. That being said I sure would like a glass of wine every now and again :0)
Arobed - Tomorrow will be one month mark. Yay! Like you, I'm feeling more in sync with the plan, more comfortable with it. Sure, there are things that I miss, but I won't be on this diet forever, especially if I keep OP.

I don't know if this is a good or bad way of looking at it, but I say to myself "one year (or less) of penance for a lifetime of gluttony - fair enough, I can do that."
Old 02-08-2015, 08:34 PM   #158  
Started IP 1/9/2015

S/C/G: 237/140/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prism57966 View Post
yay!!! sorry, i'm just now seeing this. i'm still trying to figure out how to find replies to my posts or f/u on others post. i like the idea of following others on this forum that started when i did, so i'm glad i found your post! hope you had a great IP week!
Woohooo! I had a great week, Prism57966! How about you? I had a super stressful week at work, but didn't waver on the plan. In fact, it actually made things super easy for me. Normally, if I had to work a ton of hours and was really stressed out, I would just eat a lot and bad stuff like fast food and junk food. I find I no longer feel the need to "stress eat" like I used to. I used to always overeat and then feel super full and bad afterwards. I love how I feel after a meal now - satisfied, healthy, not too full. I love that I'm not feeling bloated all the time. I'm sleeping better. How was everyone else's week?
Old 02-09-2015, 11:24 AM   #159  
Ready to Reboot!

S/C/G: 165.8/161.4/150 (Reboot 2)

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltKatonIP View Post
I don't know if this is a good or bad way of looking at it, but I say to myself "one year (or less) of penance for a lifetime of gluttony - fair enough, I can do that."
My hubby and I say this all the time. We are getting off easy...less than a year to take off weight it took us YEARS to put on. We can totally do that!
Old 02-09-2015, 11:25 AM   #160  
Ready to Reboot!

S/C/G: 165.8/161.4/150 (Reboot 2)

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdf1973 View Post
Hello! I started January 19th. Looking for some support and encouragement as we go, and maybe some helpful tips, too! Good luck everyone!

Welcome. I'm fairly new too. I started January 9th. Glad we can support one another in this journey.
Old 02-09-2015, 12:44 PM   #161  
IP start Jan 6, 2015

S/C/G: 187/172/160

Height: 5'11"

Newbie here.... being encouraged by reading all the posts. Started IP Jan 6, 2015 and have lost 15 lbs in 28 days... crazy! Been sticking to the plan faithfully and seeing results.... but quite hungry the last couple of days. I find making sure I have raw veggies prepared (marinating in salt and spices like Mrs. Dash) helpful. The recipes for incorporating the IP products have been great... looking forward to following other's successes!
Old 02-09-2015, 01:05 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 184/145/140

Height: 5ft7in

Hi everyone. Did IP four years ago and lost 40 lbs. Have since put 30 back on...my own fault. Have recently done the Bernstein diet for three weeks, but am going back to IP, worked last time and worked well..Day one today, but was already in some state of ketosis..good luck everyone!
Old 02-09-2015, 02:44 PM   #163  
IP Restart 1/4/16

S/C/G: 213.5/191.2/150

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny Dayz View Post
Newbie here.... being encouraged by reading all the posts. Started IP Jan 6, 2015 and have lost 15 lbs in 28 days... crazy! Been sticking to the plan faithfully and seeing results.... but quite hungry the last couple of days. I find making sure I have raw veggies prepared (marinating in salt and spices like Mrs. Dash) helpful. The recipes for incorporating the IP products have been great... looking forward to following other's successes!
Congratulations on your success so far! If you are a fan of cucumbers try marinating them with spices of your choice and some vinegar or lemon juice. I find it very filling when my stomach starts growling.
Old 02-14-2015, 09:16 AM   #164  
Started IP Jan 5/15

S/C/G: 210/206/165

Height: 5'7"

Just a quick check in with all my fellow january starters. Hope everyone is feeling awesome and happy with their accomplishments
Old 02-14-2015, 09:21 AM   #165  
Started IP Jan 5/15

S/C/G: 210/206/165

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pefariet View Post
Hi everyone. Did IP four years ago and lost 40 lbs. Have since put 30 back on...my own fault. Have recently done the Bernstein diet for three weeks, but am going back to IP, worked last time and worked well..Day one today, but was already in some state of ketosis..good luck everyone!
Sounds like me I have done IP twice before but always gained the weight and more back but I'm sure it was due to not phasing off properly and thinking "I got this under control" that was a mistake for me. This time I'm doing it properly and am determined this will also be the last time. I'm sure you will be successful again
Closed Thread