Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 10:08 PM   #136  

S/C/G: (reboot) 294/263/210

Height: 6'-0"

I doubt my fitness pal is calibrated to IP. But it good to know how restricted IP is for you. Really Everyone. regardless of weight, % or other factors the IP program is basically the same. Then, as it goes along people get coached to tweaks but change in the program to degree of the method is very low percentage. To be that broad it has to be pretty restrictive.
Your maintenance calories by them is likely double? I probably use the application for gram and nutrient percentage counting. IP is a drastic calorie reduction.
Don't break the mold. Consult your coach if you think it is an issue. Don't try and tweak unless your in a bit, you are very familiar with your responses to stuff and are fully understanding of the mechanisms that are going on.
I was 300# and did fine on the restrictions. So far on my reboot I again don't seem to be having issue.
But it is good to not have blinders on in my opinion.

Last edited by wylothar; 01-29-2015 at 10:11 PM.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:57 PM   #137  
Ready to Reboot!

S/C/G: 165.8/161.4/150 (Reboot 2)

Height: 5'3

Hi. I'm new here, but I've been reading posts for the last three weeks. I started IP on January 9th, and I've lost almost 12 lbs so far. Yay! I have at least 60 more to lose. My hubby is also doing IP too, so we are a dynamic weight losing team! It's been great reading all of the supportive messages here. So many of you are such great inspiration.
Old 01-31-2015, 08:42 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 251/208/180

Height: 5'8"

Ok this is odd, I'm finally sticking to the plan 100% for 4 full days now and my scale hasn't moved. How is that even possible?

I have been working out his week, I've been to the gym twice, but certainly haven't done anything to merit muscle weight yet. ;(

I've read some people say your body reacts differently the second go around but this is very odd. I'm taking in 1/2 the calories and fat I was scale has to go down geesh ;(
Old 01-31-2015, 08:52 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 251/208/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiWi View Post
Hi. I'm new here, but I've been reading posts for the last three weeks. I started IP on January 9th, and I've lost almost 12 lbs so far. Yay! I have at least 60 more to lose. My hubby is also doing IP too, so we are a dynamic weight losing team! It's been great reading all of the supportive messages here. So many of you are such great inspiration.
Welcome MiWi, and congrats on your loss. It is wonderful to be doing this with hubby, that makes things so much easier. Take it from someone who has 2 other adults in the house eating everything but healthy food

Stay strong and you guys will reach your goal. If you can train your brain that this is a life change and not a diet and prepare the whole time you are losing to be on maintenance this is a forever success.

May the lbs continue to fall
Old 01-31-2015, 12:59 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 199.2/198.0/150.0

Height: 5'4"

Thx wylother.
Having success and My Fitness Pal really just helps me track and check nutritional info. I'm going to keep doing the plan. I've lost about 5# in 5 days and unfortunately had a couple of slips this week. Hoping to be better next week and see greater loss. :-)
Old 02-01-2015, 09:02 AM   #141  
Started IP Jan 5/15

S/C/G: 210/206/165

Height: 5'7"

Feeling a little better today I was having problems with the "C" I know it is TMI but where else will I find others that understand. I upped my water and mag citrate and added probiotics.
I had my gallbladder out a few years back and just this weekend I read some articles stating that taking enzymes is a highly recommended for those who don't have one. So I started this weekend and I feel so much less bloated, I just don't understand why my GP never mentioned this before for sure at my next check up I will ask him about it.
Old 02-01-2015, 02:46 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 199.2/198.0/150.0

Height: 5'4"

Aroned, thanks for the "no gallbladder" tip. I'll need to try the enzymes. Haven't had too much bloating.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:17 AM   #143  
Started IP Jan 5/15

Finally there has been some movement on the scale I was stuck for a solid week but now 2 more have gone forever!!!
Old 02-02-2015, 11:04 AM   #144  
Started IP 1/9/2015

S/C/G: 237/140/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by momat40 View Post
This is amazing for 2 weeks, and you have the mentality. No cheats.
Say it out loud ' I have lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks"

When have you done this with another way of eating? Don't shortchange yourself in your results.
Wow, thanks so much for the encouragement! I'm at 13 lbs in 3 weeks now, and feeling better about the pace. I think I had unrealistic expectations on how quickly the weight would drop off, but I need to give my body more credit, it (and my willpower) are doing a lot of work. I will be patient!

Thanks again for all the kind words momat40!
Old 02-02-2015, 11:28 AM   #145  
Started IP 1/9/2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prism57966 View Post
Hey Y'all!

newbie checkin' in. week 3 of IP here. so far, doing great! i found this community and think it will be another tool that i can use to reach my goal. like mamma always said...birds of feather flock together

i'm feeling great and really motivated. just had my week 3 weigh-in with my coach (a bit early this week because i'm working the rest of the week) and i'm down 13lbs! woooohooo! IP is convenient for me because i work long hours and hate the hassle of planning and preparing.....so grabbing a few packets and a meal for my 12hr work day is ideal (pun kinda intended)!

so yeah....just checking in, hoping to connect with some other newbies that i can keep track of for motivation and support along the way.....
Hi Prism57966! You and I are on very similar journeys! We are both the same height, started IP on the same date, and both lost 13 lbs. in the first 3 weeks! Great job, keep up with it! My guess is we will experience a lot of the same highs and lows on our journey. We are not in this alone!!
Old 02-02-2015, 11:34 AM   #146  
Started IP 1/9/2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltKatonIP View Post
Hi Prism57966! You and I are on very similar journeys! We are both the same height, started IP on the same date, and both lost 13 lbs. in the first 3 weeks! Great job, keep up with it! My guess is we will experience a lot of the same highs and lows on our journey. We are not in this alone!!
And MiWi too!!! We are in the 5'3" Jan 9 start group!

And for all the January starters - let's keep it going! We can DO THIS! I am all full of optimism this morning, because I got through a tough weekend with no cheats, so I am extra pumped today. Wooohoo!!!
Old 02-05-2015, 09:50 AM   #147  
Started IP Jan 5/15

Hi
I'm sure all of us January starters will be reaching the one month mark soon. I started IP on Jan 5th so I am considering this my one month mark with being 100% on the plan. I have lost 19 pounds. I think we all need to give ourselves credit for reaching this point. I think now I'm starting to feel more in sync with the plan and not feel so restricted and wishing I could eat other things. That being said I sure would like a glass of wine every now and again :0)
Old 02-05-2015, 10:21 AM   #148  

S/C/G: 190/138 - 2012; Reboot 175/140

Height: 5"4

Let's do this January starters/rebooters..

I heard a commercial the other day on the radio asking if you are still on your New Year's resolution path? and I yelled to the radio.... Heck yea!!!

Feel good about your accomplishments and let's leave February in the dust.
Old 02-05-2015, 11:24 AM   #149  

S/C/G: 267/228/180

Way to go to all the Jan starters. It is so good to see everyones progress. i actually started December 29th but am considering myself a Jan starter....i hope that is ok! I lost 19# in Jan and am so excited to see what Feb has in store. Weigh in today...hoping to add a few #'s to the forever gone column!

It really motivated me to think about summer approaching and how much more comfortable I will feel with 25-30# gone! I never would have though I could stick to it for this long!
Old 02-06-2015, 12:10 AM   #150  

S/C/G: IP start 01/09/15 -226/191/150

Height: 5'3''

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltKatonIP View Post

yay!!! sorry, i'm just now seeing this. i'm still trying to figure out how to find replies to my posts or f/u on others post. i like the idea of following others on this forum that started when i did, so i'm glad i found your post! hope you had a great IP week!
Closed Thread