Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 08:21 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Weekday Chat started 5/26

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Here are a couple "older" .pdf files of many of Rainbow's recipes: Rainbowsmiles Recipes
and Rainbows IP Inspired Alternative Recipes

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Link to a pdf of the doctor's book here.
Note: this is not the same as the current IP plan.
Old 05-26-2015, 09:17 AM   #2  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Prayers needed for Texas Hill Country peeps. Major flooding has all but destroyed the town of Wimberly and many other places along the Blanco, San Marcos, Medina, Trinity and Frio rivers have experienced the same. 10 inches in less than 3 hours early Saturday morning hit areas that in some cases hadn't seen much rain in years. Austin and San Antonio were hit hard as well, and small communities as far west as near Big Bend Nat'l Park saw some damaging wind and hail. Another storm system moved through the state last night that only added to the flooding. I know in my area it rained and stormed literally all night long. I know this because I didn't sleep worth a hoot last night.

This has been a spring for the weather record books, I'm thinking.

I hope this week allows for some drying out time. How's the weather in your neck of the woods?

On another note more related to IP: I have been using more and more alternative products and starting today I am going back on IP full time for a couple of weeks. I know I am still losing but I think changing it up keeps my body "on alert" and helps it to burn my fat stores more efficiently. I'm also going to cut back on my WF products and keep better tabs on my "extras" (gum, sweeteners, etc). I don't feel like I've cheated, per se, but I do know that I have strayed from Protocol some. Time to get back on the straight and narrow!

Have a great OP day!
Old 05-26-2015, 11:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Checking in from soggy CenTXland this morning. Yikes, we’ve been waiting on the rain to pull us out of our drought, but this is crazy! Thankfully my peeps and house are all safe and dry. Had to work yesterday and drove home in some of the worst rain I’ve ever been in. People on the highway just put their hazards on and were driving 20mph. All I could see were the flashing lights in front of me. I had to peel my fingers off the steering wheel by the time I got home. Super scary and irritated at myself for not sending my team home earlier. I swear the rain came out of nowhere (if you weren’t watching the weather channel at home that is).

Down 0.6 today putting me at 154. Not really what I was hoping for but a loss is a loss, right? Plus with all our rain, temps are cooler than usual so I am in jeans and long sleeves this morning so I am blaming my crummy loss on heavier clothes. I start P2 next Monday and told my coach I was going to get nekid for my last WI to get as low as possible. I usually WI at 7am but she pushed my time back to the afternoon to try and capture my “true” body fat %. According to her, your BF% is higher in the AM…IDK, I just do what I am told.

So basically I will have already eaten my first P2 lunch before I see my coach for my last P1 WI. No matter, we’ve discussed lunch and I am starting to plan meals. I think my fallback will be grilled chicken on my usual salad. I already struggle with finding new and different proteins to keep things interesting. This will just increase the challenge.

Made grilled swordfish last night which was super tasty! Maybe my new favorite fish. Too bad it is usually so expensive. I only tried it since our local grocery store had it on sale. Marinated in a little olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, rosemary, S&P and green onions. Yum! I highly recommend.
Old 05-26-2015, 02:34 PM   #4  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

CenTXChk I was thinking of you and JJTX. Glad to hear you made it through the floods. I hope JJ did, too.

I've never had swordfish. Now I want some! I hope your WI is successful!! And enjoy P2! I'm still a ways from it but I'm already thinking about it.
Old 05-26-2015, 02:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

Hello everyone.
First time here, and just wanted to introduce myself.

I only recently hear about IP (a friend’s success got me looking into it)… I started IP at the end of April, and I’m happy to say it’s working. No dramatic losses, just losing slowly, but that’s OK. I’ve decided to aim for an Average of 2 lb/week, and if I can do that, good on me!
Like so many of you, I’ve started and stopped so many “diets”, couldn’t seem to stick with any of them. Not sure why this one fits, but so far, I’m finding it pretty easy to stick with.

I’m so glad I found the 3FC forum.
I’ve been meaning to post sooner, but I’ve been taking my time, reading through so many of the posts here…my gosh, there is so much great information here. And RECIPES! Thanks you to everyone who so generously has shared. I’ve learned a lot, tried a few recipes, started a list of “more to try”.

I must say, what a nice group of people you all are…the overall impression I have from reading the forum is such a feeling of generosity and genuine concern for each other, you all seem to genuinely celebrate each others successes, and offer help and advice through struggles.

I don’t have any questions yet, (but I’m sure I will have) and of course I’m new to all this, but hope I can contribute as well as time goes on.
Old 05-26-2015, 02:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Hoping for nicer weather for the Texax folks, stay safe!

Welcome blueskiesahead, this is a great place with a great bunch of people, wishing you the best of luck on your journey.

Stay strong and OP IPeeps!
Old 05-26-2015, 02:55 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Saw the news last night and pictures of the devastation from Texas thoughts and prayers sent to all!

CenTx - Btdt (with severe storms) - saw a tornado once on my way home 10 years ago - so scary! Glad everyone is ok.
Congrats on the loss / start of P2 being so close! I would absolutely go in and weigh nekkid especially if your hubby is coming with you

I didn't take my Natural Calm on vacation - it wasn't an issue when we went camping for two days but seems that the car ride / more sitting caused some *ahem* issues - ugh! Doing better today - but word to the wise...if you use it, pack it!

Was up a little on the scale this morning - normal pattern - plus if I follow schedule, TOM is due to start Thursday / Friday & I am already cramping horribly.

I would still love to know what precipitated such a drastic loss (-6 pounds in 5 days) on vacation while eating MORE (and having bathroom issues). After coming back to work this morning, I've added *stress* (lack thereof) to the list of possibilities
Old 05-26-2015, 03:13 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
CenTXChk I was thinking of you and JJTX. Glad to hear you made it through the floods. I hope JJ did, too.
Thanks for checking! Yesterday was pretty touch-and-go, at one point we were all in the hall bath under tornado warnings, but thankfully were not hit. Lots and LOTS of rain Saturday and yesterday has caused flooding, power outs, and down south of Austin, evacuations and a big mess.
Old 05-26-2015, 04:06 PM   #9  
Started IP May 14, 2015

S/C/G: 290.7/240.3/190

Height: 5'8"

I went to graduate school in San Marcos and have been so worried about my many friends there, Austin, San Antonio, and beyond. I pray you all stay safe!
Old 05-26-2015, 05:03 PM   #10  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Nekkid CenTxChk -- now there is a graphic image that can only bring a smile to my heart!!!! I love your positive attitude, and you make me more determined to get to the point in my journey where you are today!

Be grateful for a .6 loss - that's more than half a pound and at this point, so close to goal, you could be having a zero movement on the scale, or even an uptick. Down is good, no matter how slight!

Your planning for P2 and 2 weeks of it sounds like an excellent approach - I think the addition of chicken to my usual lunch salad would be the fairly normal choice for me too. Shrimp is another option - the bags of frozen shrimp from the grocery store are not bad tasting, and they are pretty portable if you carry your lunch to work. And of course hard boiled eggs and the packet tuna are other portable options.

When I go to the office, I go to a downtown cafe that has an extensive hot food bar and salad bar with grilled chicken, roast turkey, and sometimes ham in addition to grilled veggies and fresh unadulterated salad ingredients. On the days that I telework (now 3 or 4 days a week) I have the flexibility of home prep.... but I can tell you right now -- working from home is WAY TOO CLOSE TO THE KITCHEN!!!!! it's much harder to avoid the continuous hungries that arise simply from proximity to the fridge!

You were commenting on the P3 breakfast... a much more robust meal than we have been having in P1. Personally, I look forward to being able to have breakfast in maintenance...... before IP I would stop at the Starbucks on my way to work and get their Oatmeal. I hope I can return to that once or twice a week -- leaving the brown sugar, nuts and dried fruits aside, of course. I have not studied the P3 breakfast meal plan to check that out yet.... but I am looking forward to learning more as you blaze a path for us Summer 2014 Starters...

Last edited by oneuh2; 05-26-2015 at 05:06 PM.
Old 05-26-2015, 05:12 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

YIKES!! You poor Texas peeps! I prefer fires to floods as at least with fire you may get missed - but with flooding it's a forgone conclusion where the water travels. We have had a couple days of thunderstorms at night with lots of rain, thankfully for us, since our concern here is that fire season has started early. We have been on Extreme hazard (which usually doesn't happen for a couple months yet) and all burning is banned except for small enclosed campfires if you have a shovel & water near at hand. Our province has 23 new fires in the last 24 hours but at least these are under control. There are 15 'out of control' wildfires started in the last 24 hours in the neighbouring province. Our crews have just gotten back from a large fire in our own province and will probably soon be sent to Alberta to assist there once they get a bit of rest. 66 fires burning there right now. I am glad you gals in TX are at least safe for the moment. Thoughts going out to you!

Letting go of the stress and taking time to relax on your own or with friends makes a huge difference in holding on to the weight. I commented a bit more on your comment elsewhere, hysteria_625. Good for you!
Old 05-26-2015, 09:10 PM   #12  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

So my mom went in for a hernia operation fourteen days ago, that went well but she started having trouble breathing... In investigating that they found a tumor in her lung and the results came back today that it is cancer. They can't tell what stage it is and they want her to heal from the surgery anywhere from three to six months before doing any treatments for the cancer. I am getting all the information from my brother who lives with our mother in San Diego. I don't have any experience with cancer but it just doesn't sound good to wait up to six months for treatment. (big sad confused face)

Yep that was my day, sorry.
Old 05-26-2015, 09:35 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by MntRose View Post
So my mom went in for a hernia operation fourteen days ago, that went well but she started having trouble breathing... In investigating that they found a tumor in her lung and the results came back today that it is cancer. They can't tell what stage it is and they want her to heal from the surgery anywhere from three to six months before doing any treatments for the cancer. I am getting all the information from my brother who lives with our mother in San Diego. I don't have any experience with cancer but it just doesn't sound good to wait up to six months for treatment. (big sad confused face)

I am sorry to hear this mnt *bigsquishyhugs* positive thoughts and vibes to your mom & family.
Old 05-26-2015, 09:38 PM   #14  

I am glad to hear that our Texas friends here are doing okay. My thoughts are with you all.
Old 05-26-2015, 10:04 PM   #15  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MntRose View Post

I don't have any good advice to share relative to lung cancer - but I do have some good ideas for you to educate yourself about it -- my husband had a gastric tumor and I found a discussion board site for all sorts of cancer, similar to 3FC that has subforums for all sorts of weight loss plans.
It's called ACOR -- Association of Cancer Online Resources -- and it has a group for lung cancer - maybe there are different kinds, and you may need to zero in on a particular variety.

Natl Institutes of Health has really good info too - including info regarding clinical trials that your Mom might want to learn more about.

Treatment varies from one variety of cancer to another, but in every case, you need to be strong enough to make it through the treatment. Chemo and radiation really take a toll. This could be the reason for the delay, and it may be that the variety of cancer is slow growing, and therefore the recuperation from the surgery is the best path forward - since the docs are recommending it, you would like to believe that is the case. But it's also good to ask questions and find out those details. Maybe your brother could arrange a conference call for you with your Mom's doctor so you could ask these kinds of questions and not feel such uncertainty.

I am so sorry you are having to go through this with your mom and your family - cancer is difficult, not only for the cancer patient, but for their loved ones. Please let us know how we can support you - it's a journey you are embarking on, concurrently with your IP journey. Hang in there - you can do this!

Last edited by oneuh2; 05-26-2015 at 10:06 PM.
Closed Thread