Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 08:34 AM   #196  
Ready to Reboot!

S/C/G: 165.8/161.4/150 (Reboot 2)

Height: 5'3

I've thought about a tummy tuck, but I can't afford that! Insurance doesn't pay for that for me, so it would be an elective surgery out of pocket. I have had two c-sections, so my tummy flaps over the scar. Ick. But I think it's great if anyone is able to do it.

I am down 28 lbs and I'm feeling great. I can fit into a lot of my old clothes. I get compliments now. It's super. Good luck to everyone.
Old 03-11-2015, 10:20 AM   #197  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

It's a long way off for me (probably around June of next year) but I am preparing myself mentally and financially for a tummy tuck. With a starting weight of over 300lbs, and my goal weight is one half of that, I know there will be quite a large flap of skin that will be left even after waiting 6 months after meeting goal. I'm pretty sure I will want that flap gone. Now about those thighs...cannot even imagine what they will look like! Kind of scared to!
Old 03-12-2015, 11:32 AM   #198  
Started IP Jan 5/15

S/C/G: 210/206/165

Height: 5'7"

I had the flap even when I was at a normal weight from having my kids so I know it will not get better with time. It will be my turning 50 makeover LOLOL
Old 03-12-2015, 11:33 AM   #199  
Started IP Jan 5/15

BTW I like your new pic Frawniemae
Old 03-12-2015, 03:37 PM   #200  
determined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arobed View Post
BTW I like your new pic Frawniemae
Thanks! And about that flap...I can remember telling my hubbie a long, long time ago that if I ever looked like "that" (referring to a very obese woman whose stomach was resting on her thighs as she walked) to just go ahead and shoot me.

Thank goodness he wasn't really listening and/or had forgotten I had said that because "that" woman is exactly what I became. Undoing that damage is and will be the rest of my life but I can deal with it. I will not die an obese woman (unless God decides to take me in the next couple of months!)

Last edited by frawniemae; 03-12-2015 at 03:39 PM.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:56 AM   #201  

S/C/G: 202/168/160

Height: 5'8"

Just checking in with my fellow January starters.
Frawniemae, great new pic. You are doing so great. You are such an inspiration. You are totally all in with the IP way of life. I too have bought in to this program. I have never seen success with past weightloss efforts as I have with IP.
Arobed, I see where you mentioned turning 50. I will be turning 50 this year. I said when I started IP I wanted to be in great shape when that milestone came about. So far I am well on my way.
Great job to everyone who is staying the course on IP. Remember, we can do this. Just got to keep plugging along. So thankful for the boards and how they provide us not only with very useful info but motivation.

Have a great OP weekend.
Old 03-13-2015, 09:12 AM   #202  
Started IP Jan 5/15

I so agree with you rebelgrl we are hitting a milestone this year and I believe we are both making choices to be healthier not only in our fifties but also our sixties and seventies. Have you also noticed we are about the same height and weight and we also have a similar goal weight
Old 03-13-2015, 09:48 AM   #203  

Arobbed, I did notice that. I also noticed we are currently at 179. When was your start date? And do you have a date in mind that you feel you will be at goal? I began on January 19th. I am hoping to reach my goal by May 15th. I don't know if this is realistic or not but sure am going to try. I feel like my weight loss will slow considerably the closer I get to goal. I am okay with that. I know I didn't put this weight on overnight and it won't come off overnight.
Old 03-13-2015, 01:36 PM   #204  
determined

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelgrl87 View Post
Just checking in with my fellow January starters.
Frawniemae, great new pic. You are doing so great. You are such an inspiration. You are totally all in with the IP way of life. I too have bought in to this program. I have never seen success with past weightloss efforts as I have with IP.
Arobed, I see where you mentioned turning 50. I will be turning 50 this year. I said when I started IP I wanted to be in great shape when that milestone came about. So far I am well on my way.
Great job to everyone who is staying the course on IP. Remember, we can do this. Just got to keep plugging along. So thankful for the boards and how they provide us not only with very useful info but motivation.

Have a great OP weekend.
Like everything I've ever tried, I jump in with both feet! But this way of living/eating is much more doable than other things I've tried. It is the first time I've been on an "official" type of weight loss program; in the past I just did it my way and had some success which didn't last but now I have the tools that will keep me on track, accountable, and successful now and into the future!

And I echo those last sentiments!

Last edited by frawniemae; 03-13-2015 at 01:37 PM.
Old 03-13-2015, 04:51 PM   #205  
Started IP Jan 5/15

I started on Jan 5 and hope to be at my goal by the end of May. I think your goal is realistic, I hope to keep loosing around 2.5 per week but time will tell
Old 03-22-2015, 06:35 PM   #206  

Just checking in with my fellow January starters. How is everyone doing? I am plugging right along. Mondays are my weigh in day. Sometimes I wish I weighed in on a Thursday. But I know weighing on Mondays helps me to stay OP for the weekend when I would probably be more tempted to fall off the wagon. So far I haven't cheated on IP. I have really started feeling more in control or empowered on this diet. I am just really starting to realize that goal is getting closer. Excitement is building.
Hope everyone has an OP week.
Old 03-23-2015, 02:47 PM   #207  

S/C/G: 245/188/175

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelgrl87 View Post
Just checking in with my fellow January starters. How is everyone doing? I am plugging right along. Mondays are my weigh in day. Sometimes I wish I weighed in on a Thursday. But I know weighing on Mondays helps me to stay OP for the weekend when I would probably be more tempted to fall off the wagon. So far I haven't cheated on IP. I have really started feeling more in control or empowered on this diet. I am just really starting to realize that goal is getting closer. Excitement is building.
Hope everyone has an OP week.

I feel the same way. It has been so much easier to stay on plan and stick to it! Even with weddings and other special events. I am nearly halfway to goal and am soooo excited! Time flies!
Old 03-23-2015, 02:48 PM   #208  
Started IP Jan 5/15

Hey good to hear from a fellow January starter glad to hear it is going good for you. You are so close to your goal it is awesome . I have been stuck for the last little while. I'm completely op but my body is not cooperating. I have started doing some light cardio hoping it will kickstart my metabolism
Old 03-25-2015, 08:51 AM   #209  

Hzldream, you are so right. Time has flown. I saw something that says six months from you now you will be glad you didn't stop. It was referring to exercising but I think it fits our situation also.
Arobed, I think some light cardio will definitely get things moving again. My coach has recommended to those who have been on program a few weeks to start walking a little each day. I was an exerciser before IP (although still overweight) so I have been exercising for the last few weeks. I know it helps me. I do have to be careful and not do too much or my appetite seems to come back. I like to keep that beast locked away if you know what I mean.
Hoping everyone has a great day and we all see losses at next weigh in.
Remember, we got this.
Old 03-28-2015, 07:22 PM   #210  
Started IP Jan 5/15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arobed View Post
BTW I have started doing some research into some clinics around me for a tummy tuck in the fall (if I'm at my goal weight) anyone else contemplating this?
So I have made appointments with two different surgeons for August 4 2015 for a consultation. I figure this gives me time to get to my goal and anyway I am thinking of having the surgery only in November. BTW I might give the girls a little lift as well
Closed Thread