Old 02-23-2015, 06:46 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 255/242/165

Height: 5'9"

Very true....I have to be accountable and motivated......this is a great forum
Old 03-03-2015, 06:12 PM   #182  
Started IP Jan 5/15

S/C/G: 210/206/165

Height: 5'7"

Oh my gosh had to go to page 3 to find the january starters, it is now March so for some of us it is soon going on to 2 months. How is everyone doing?

I have been on IP for 56 days now. I am feeling good and happy with the results but sometimes so tired of the same meals I really need to follow the recipe forum and get creative before I end up bored and desperate.

Would love to hear from my fellow January starters
Old 03-03-2015, 06:50 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 245/188/175

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arobed View Post
Oh my gosh had to go to page 3 to find the january starters, it is now March so for some of us it is soon going on to 2 months. How is everyone doing?

I have been on IP for 56 days now. I am feeling good and happy with the results but sometimes so tired of the same meals I really need to follow the recipe forum and get creative before I end up bored and desperate.

Would love to hear from my fellow January starters

Hey there! I'm doing great, moving along Very please with the program so far. Hope everyone fron JAN is doing great!
Old 03-03-2015, 07:27 PM   #184  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Day 41 for me and things are going well. It seems I'm losing on average 2 pounds a week. Would love for that to be more but every loss is a gain in my book! Food hasn't gotten boring for me but I have bought more than a weeks worth a time or two so I would have a variety built up. Rainbow's recipes are a treasure trove of great ideas! Still loving it and hubbie is, too; he's lost about 6 pounds just eating what I eat in the evening.
Old 03-04-2015, 07:00 AM   #185  

S/C/G: 251/208/180

Height: 5'8"

I think we have all found a reboot is completely different then the first go around. Mainly mentally which of course affects us physically. In 2 months the first go around I lost 30 lbs this reboot it's been 2 months and I'm down 15. But I'm not as strict and not as determined, allow a little butter here a little extra there. Tomato's more then twice a week. My allowances are not pizza or anything like that but they change the effect of the program.

Fact and note to self: change the program and you change the results I can reason with myself however I wish, this is a life change so its ok to do it slower, its different this time, my bodies reacting different......blah blah its all bull I change the way I do the program and the results are different LOL fact............ so I either get strict with myself and do as before or accept that I'm going to lose much much slower.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:19 AM   #186  

S/C/G: 202/168/160

I was glad to see everyone checking in. I did not have a loss this week but was okay with that as I have started working out. Hope to see a loss next week though.
Arobed, I feel that same as you. Starting out I have kept to pretty much the same meals. I think I need to start trying new recipes to keep from getting burned out.
Frawniemae, I love reading about the delicious meals you cook for you and DH. My goal next week during springbreak is to try 3 new recipes.
KCdoe, I realized after reading your post that I too have eaten tomatoes more than twice a week (been a little lax here). I think I need to go back to being stricter. I have been very pleased with my results so far but would like for the scale to move next week in a downward direction. I see where you lost 30 pounds in 2 months your first go round. What was your average weekly loss after the first two months? I know when things slow down in the last stages is when I will struggle. I am trying not to get to caught up in the number on the scale but it is so hard when that is basically how our success is measured at the clinic. I always said I didn't care how much I weighed if I could wear a size 10.
Hope everyone has a great day and let's keep checking in. I know the boards for me are a great way to stay motivated.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:24 AM   #187  
Started IP 1/9/2015

S/C/G: 237/140/140

Height: 5'3"

Yeah all the January starters!! I am almost at the 2 month mark, and I won't lie and say that I might be getting a little fatigued by the diet, but I can honestly say that I haven't had any major setbacks yet. I was frustrated that I lost so little weight last week (under 2 lbs.) but it has helped so much to see this forum and to see that EVERYONE has some weeks with low weight loss or even no weight loss/gains. I have to accept that this is part of the process, and that there are so many factors going into the day-to-day and week-to-week fluctuations. I can tell you some things that have kept me motivated...
  • Last night I finally broke down and bought a few new dress pants for work since my current ones have been so baggy. I'm down 2 sizes!!
  • I saw a woman wearing a really cute pair of boots yesterday - long ones that came up to just below her knees. My calves have always been so big that I could never find boots to fit, but I thought --next winter, I will be able to buy a pair like that for myself!
  • It's cold and snowy here (near Chicago), but every time I think about summer I remember how great I'm going to look and feel and maybe even be able to wear shorts for the first time in YEARS! Yeah!
  • Finally, I tell myself that I OWE this to myself. This is SO going to be worth it. When my son said the other day "Oh yeah, you're not allowed to eat <fill in the blank>." I corrected him and said "I can eat anything I want. I am just CHOOSING not to eat <fill in the blank>."
Old 03-04-2015, 09:19 PM   #188  
Started IP Jan 5/15

Frawniemae I love to read what you eat it always sounds amazing. I think I'm going to do like rebelgrl87 and try some new recipes next week.
Congrats altkatonIp on the 2 dress size loss !!!

I went for my weigh in today and discovered I lost a total of 14.5 inches off of my body when I think of that it is mind boggling makes all of this so worthwhile

Last edited by Arobed; 03-04-2015 at 10:23 PM.
Old 03-05-2015, 04:28 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 267/228/180

I think the diet fatigue has set in for me as well. I try to look ahead and estimate how much I could lose by a certain date and that helps me to stay motivated.

I have only been losing about 2 lbs a week as well and would love to see those numbers get bigger. Have many of you started exercising. My coach told me not to for the first bit so my body can adjust to this diet, but Im wondering if I could start now.

I have particularly been looking at the 21 day fix. Has anyone tried that or have any insight to that program.

Keep up the great work fellow Jan starters!!!
Old 03-10-2015, 01:23 PM   #190  

S/C/G: 245/188/175

Height: 5'5

How is everyone doing that started in Jan? I'm holding steady
Old 03-10-2015, 02:57 PM   #191  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Steadily going down in size and loving every minute of it! Hubbie has been more than supportive (as I knew he would be) and that helps tremendously. My sister keeps asking him "You eat what she eats?" She seems surprised that he does. But, bragging a bit, I am a good cook and in almost 30 years of marriage there has only been a time or two when something I cooked up was unpalatable and had to be chunked! He calls a lot of what I make "manna" (as in the biblical term that means "what is it?"). I'm notorious for fixing a dish that everyone loves and raves about but I tell them to enjoy it now because I didn't use a recipe nor write down what I put in it. I'm getting better at that so replicating a dish is getting easier.

Life is good! Losing excess weight just makes it so much better!
Old 03-10-2015, 04:24 PM   #192  

S/C/G: 220/201/155

Height: 5'10''

Coming up on 2 months on IP -- started Jan. 11. Happy with the weight I've lost so far, but seemed to have hit some sort of plateau the last couple of weeks. Not sure why. I had ordered some alternative products (ProtiDiet, ProtiThin.) I've been eating a restricted product every day, maybe I should cut back a little on those? Great to see so many January starters doing so well!!
Old 03-10-2015, 10:18 PM   #193  
Started IP Jan 5/15

I was thinking of starting to excersise as well, I'm going to speak to my coach about it. however my DH and I walk 5.5 km every Sunday with 30+ pounds gone the hills are getting much easier to climb
Old 03-10-2015, 10:20 PM   #194  
Started IP Jan 5/15

BTW I have started doing some research into some clinics around me for a tummy tuck in the fall (if I'm at my goal weight) anyone else contemplating this?
Old 03-10-2015, 10:35 PM   #195  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi arobed... the general consensus is to give yourself at least 6 months at your goal weight with regular exercise to let your skin tighten itself up as much as it's going to, then consider if you need/want a tummy tuck then. It takes a little while for things to shrink back, but it's good to start your research now anyhow. It will give you something to look forward to. If you end up with quite a flap, your medical may even cover it if suggested by your primary care physician.

Liana
Closed Thread